GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Willow Long’s uncle arrested and facing first degree murder charge
Date: • Tue, Sep 10, 2013
Shelby County News has confirmed that authorities have arrested the uncle of 7-year-old Willow Long of Watson is in custody and will be charged with first-degree murder.

Justin DeRyke, 22, was arrested at approximately 5:55 a.m. Tuesday.
http://shelbycountynews.net/index1.htm

From the looks of the you ng community, I see a lot a drug use and satan references. I can see if Justin smoked something that put him in a place where anything anyone said would be deeply personal. He could if really freaked out if Willow said good morning, took it as satan talking to him, and made a horrible decision. Drugs, ignorance, and no goals can lead someone down the drain very quickly. Looks like things need to be addressed up north with our youth.

Which community and what references? Do you have a link? Respectfully, IMOO...I really think satanism is a bit much. I don't think smoking some pot would cause one to hallucinate that a child is satan and feel the need to kill said child. IMOO

“She woke up at 10:30 a.m. with NG crying that Willow was gone, or saying something about ‘Willow,’ saying something ‘Willow.’ NG does not speak clearly. (Ciara) came outside and could not find Willow and she called 9-1-1 and that’s where it snowballed from there. I think the 9-1-1 call was at 10:40 a.m. or 10:41 a.m. yesterday (Sunday),” recalled Everett.

“He just said ‘Willow’ over and over and pointed out the door. He was really upset and crying a lot. I had originally thought maybe she had taken a toy away from him or something or changed the (TV) channel.

NG “would not stop crying and we couldn’t find her. I called my mom as we were going around the block and I told her and she called my brother and talked to him. By the time I got up here I was dialing 9-1-1 and he came out and he was crying and he couldn’t find her in the house .......

It very sadly appears that Willow’s brother saw something horrible happen to Willow and/or Willow being forced from their home.
http://shelbycountynews.net/search-...ay-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm

Does this article appear to be stating that the uncle looked in the house and was crying about Willow? Grrrrrrrr.

The cliche "working hard on my life" is very frequently used by recovering addicts.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

I agree, In the picture with the long hair over his eyes he looks completely wasted JMO and my :twocents:

I can't imagine the grandparents pain right now. God bless them.

That was my thought too. The fact that a family member might be responsible just makes it so much worse. The family has not only lost a precious daughter/granddaughter, but a son/brother as well. The pain must be unbearable.

Officials in Effingham County are holding a man on suspicion of first degree murder.

The Effingham County state’s attorney’s office says at this point, no charges are filed against the man. The office will also not confirm the arrest is related to the Willow Long disappearance.

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/10/suspect-being-held-for-suspicion-of-murder/

I believe that until the body is positively ID'd as Willows, they cannot officially charge him with her death. That will come as soon as the positive ID gets here.

Just looking at friends of friends on Facebook. Most if not all have 666 and death metal and whatnot. Not talking about weed. More like meth, crack, a bad form of Molly. Those could cause serious hallucinations as a side effect, not necessarily when high. Just throwing it out there what I saw from many a FB page in the effingham area.

is it just me or is the media all over the place? it's the uncle, it's only a relative, no name, it's JD, no charges, being charged, arrested, not arrested...or is it just me.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/sep/10/officials-say-uncle-slain-7-year-old-girl-facing-m/

Officials with the Effingham County State’s Attorney’s office confirm that Willow Long’s uncle was taken into custody shortly before 6 a.m. today and is being held on a preliminary charge of first-degree murder. No other arrests have been made and the man’s name has not been released.

An autopsy to determine Long's cause of death was scheduled for later today. Police confirmed there are two potential crime scenes being searched by Illinois State Police, the agency that has taken the lead in the investigation. Crime-scene tape surrounds the victim’s home on Circle Drive in Watson. A second scene near the Little Wabash River south of Watson has also been cordoned off by investigators.

Wonder if its possible there were drugs in the house that Willow somehow ingested.

But, with her long shirt was found in the house, it might have been overlooked if the uncle had hidden it. That doesn't sound good.

Kelly

I think they may need the positive identification to bring the actual, specific murder charges. JMO

It very sadly appears that Willow’s brother saw something horrible happen to Willow and/or Willow being forced from their home.
http://shelbycountynews.net/search-...ay-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm

Does this article appear to be stating that the uncle looked in the house and was crying about Willow? Grrrrrrrr.

Ugh....this makes me so sad and angry :stormingmad:

“He is right at that age where everything sets him off, but then we couldn’t find her outside and we went to look inside because she is really bad about hiding. She loves hide and seek,” added DeRyke.

Nathanial “would not stop crying and we couldn’t find her. I called my mom as we were going around the block and I told her and she called my brother and talked to him. By the time I got up here I was dialing 9-1-1 and he came out and he was crying and he couldn’t find her in the house and I couldn’t find her so I had to stay here until someone got here so he went and drove around and he got my neighbors and they started walking and looking and while I was calling 911, my mother called the mayor’s wife.

“Her husband got people together immediately and started calling and going door to door. I had several of the neighbors here and I had pictures of Willow.”

Just looking at friends of friends on Facebook. Most if not all have 666 and death metal and whatnot. Not talking about weed. More like meth, crack, a bad form of Molly. Those could cause serious hallucinations as a side effect, not necessarily when high. Just throwing it out there what I saw from many a FB page in the effingham area.

I know Molly and Heroin are taking over small towns, even more than Meth now.

On the Kyra Phillips show not but 15 minutes ago she specifically said that the uncle arrested had been charged with First Degree.

Promise.

I can see a couple of scenarios, but will post one. The first news reports say mom and daughter had a bit of a fight. Not sure if that is true. But, if Willow and mom argued a bit and mom went to bed, mom might have assumed that is why she left at first. Is it possible the uncle took it upon himself to discipline Willow for sassiness/etc and it went too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse