GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people get into the military with GEDs. Many people get into the military with a letter from a judge after having a checkered juvenile past as well (not referring to this case). Many GED holders are allowed to attend classes once they have joined the miltary to get a high school equivalency diploma. :twocents:

Read the link I provided. Some branches allow more GED's in than others. But for the most part, it's almost impossible to get into the military with a GED.

I am horrified to wake up and see the uncle has been arrested. I have followed a few missing cases on here, none of which had a happy ending. The only difference with this one is that Willow was located very quickly, not weeks or months down the track. That I am thankful for. I just so hoped Willow would be found safe and well.
My love and prayers go out to you all
May you rest in peace sweet Willow

If someone believes they will face jail-time for accidentally killing someone, then I can definitely see them hiding the body, pretending the child was abducted, etc. Not everyone is going to confess and be prepared to face whatever punishment they get.

BBM. Thank you. I totally agree. Maybe we just need to to blame something or find a reason why someone would do something so senseless. But, I don't think drugs are a one-sized fits all rationale. Beware of goofy haircuts...they are a gateway...LOL.

I was in no way saying drugs was in excuse for what has been done to this beautiful little girl,,,just pointing out that he looks high.. if the uncle is guilty he should be punished to the fullest extent..The haircut reference was just so the picture I was referring to could be looked at,, as there are several photos of the uncle available..JMO

Hasn't LE and/or the coroner already state the MOD is homicide?

They may not release cause of death anytime soon, particularly if JD still has not confessed to the how/why/when, etc.

Hasn't LE and/or the coroner already state the MOD is homicide?

Yes, but according to Merriam-Webster, the definition of Homicide is the killing of one person by another person. I would think there are many different kinds of homicide.

IMO when they found her they could tell this was a homicide.
Was she clothed? Did she have strangulation marks on her neck? Was her body bruised up? IMO LE would not be holding him for first degree murder if they had a suspicion that this could have been a panicked accident.

I don't know how to say this, but when people criticize others who offer an opinion on here, it seems like bullying and trying to imply that others have an inferior view of things.

It is not a free and open discussion, IMHO, when someone's opinion is denigrated. I feel like I am doing that right now because I cannot think of a different way to say it.

But when I feel badly when someone is denigrated on here, I wonder how the person who it is happening to feels .

i certainly didnt mean to bully or denigrate anyone and im surprised it could be seen that way. i just asked the person if they could clarify why they felt the way they did, i thought it was worth discussing.

We went thru the same mental process with Alanna Gallager, thinking that she maybe drowned in the Jacuzzi and then someone panicked and tried to cover it up. I know I did and we know how that turned out.

RIP sweet Willow!

I've been keeping up with this since she went missing and I am just heartbroken about the uncle being charged. Just makes me want to vomit!
I'll wait to see COD before making comments.

Could someone link where the very 1st thread is, since I went to bed around midnight last night and I'd like to finish reading the posts from over night. Thanks

no.. forensic pathologist.

You may already know this...

A forensic pathologist is a doctor who has completed a pathology residency. A coroner is a local government position. Coroners are usually elected and usually do not need to have a medical degree. It is the coroner's responsibility to determine the cause and manner of death. It is the pathologist's job to help in that regard by performing an autopsy and giving the results to the coroner.

Yes, but according to Merriam-Webster, the definition of Homicide is the killing of one person by another person. I would think there are many different kinds of homicide.

There are many different kinds of homicide, but the SA's Office charged him with 1st degree murder which indicates that they feel there is enough evidence (physical, circumstantial, etc.) to warrant the charge.

We went thru the same mental process with Alanna Gallager, thinking that she maybe drowned in the Jacuzzi and then someone panicked and tried to cover it up. I know I did and we know how that turned out.

Yes there was so much hope that it was an accident. I think it's natural to want it to be an accident, it's so hard having to consider that someone who a child knows and trusts could have intended to cause harm to them :(

Release:

EFFINGHAM COUNTY STATES ATTORNEY RELEASE ON ARREST IN WILLOW LONG CASE

Effingham County State’s Attorney Bryan M. Kibler has released the following information this afternoon on the arrest of Justin D. DeRyke in the murder of 7-year old Willow Long of Watson.

“On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at approximately 5:55a.m., agents of Illinois State Police Zone 7 Investigations placed Justin D DeRyke, 22, of Watson, Illinois, under arrest for the murder of Willow Long, 7, of Watson. Mr. DeRyke is the maternal uncle of the deceased child.

An autopsy being conducted at this hour by Dr. John A Heidingsfelder, forensic pathologist has confirmed the identity of the body of a child found Monday evening by volunteer searchers south of Watson to be that of Willow Long. All indications are that the death is a homicide. The autopsy is ongoing and is being facilitated at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital in Effingham.

The Effingham County Sheriff’s Department and the Illinois State Police continue to investigate the matter.

The Effingham County State’s Attorney’s Office will file First Degree Murder charges against the defendant on Wednesday afternoon in Effingham County Circuit Court, pending the possibility of additional charges to be filed later.

The defendant’s initial court appearance will take place on Wednesday, September 11, 2013, at 1:00p.m., on the second floor of the Effingham County Government Center, 120 W. Jefferson Ave. in Effingham, IL.”

Source: http://www.vandaliaradio.com/Effingham-County-States-Attorney-Release-on-Arrest/17262097

:bump:
Note "all indications of homicide"
:(

Willow's nightgown/oversized shirt was not found immediately in the house when she was discovered missing. I wonder where it was found in the house and if it was in a place that her uncle may have tried to hide it (possible evidence).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This is an excellent point. It makes me think LE found the shirt /nightgown stashed maybe in the uncles room. Now my thoughts really point to a sexual crime. I wonder if she was naked when found. Awful, but sounds plausible. Thanks for pointing this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic