GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may already know this...

A forensic pathologist is a doctor who has completed a pathology residency. A coroner is a local government position. Coroners are usually elected and usually do not need to have a medical degree. It is the coroner's responsibility to determine the cause and manner of death. It is the pathologist's job to help in that regard by performing an autopsy and giving the results to the coroner.

yes I do.

Actually there is a case in Ohio that has all coroners under scrutiny r/t a premature suicide MOD and the state rep is set to put something into legislation about it. It is in crimes in the news. I will brb with the link.

aside: the only inkling of probable MOD in this case, however, has come from the link upstream that I posted about the forensic pathologist.

I choose to believe it was accidental until proven otherwise. No cause of death has been released, no transcripts of jail cell confessions have been released, etc. I would rather be the optimistic clueless person that I am, than jaded and assume the worst. Perhaps they are holding him on a 1st degree murder charge because there's no way he's getting out of there anytime soon with a charge like that...until more info can be ascertained.

and a homicide is the killing of one person by another...it's a simple definition that could mean a great many things.

Fact is...we know nothing at all YET and I see nothing wrong at all with me assuming the best case scenario in a horrible situation - until there are solid facts released to the contrary.

I hashed over this before. Why take an accident and make it look like a murder? People do take murder's and make them look like accidents but few and far between the other way around. I think we hope that it was accident because we are so appalled that someone that knows this child could do something so horrible to them. So we are so appalled that we try to gravitate to the lesser of the two evils. Is it something that the human psyche does to protect itself? Dunno?

did anyone see news of the discovery of her body or of the arrest on CNN.com?

this morning they had the story on the main page, main story. then i didnt look at the site for a few hours but when i did the story of her disappearance was gone and none of the new information was on the front page either.

maybe i am missing it. idk.

Willow was so petite and delicate and precious as well. She reminded me of one of those tiny fairy dolls. So very sad.

I choose to believe it was accidental until proven otherwise. No cause of death has been released, no transcripts of jail cell confessions have been released, etc. I would rather be the optimistic clueless person that I am, than jaded and assume the worst. Perhaps they are holding him on a 1st degree murder charge because there's no way he's getting out of there anytime soon with a charge like that...until more info can be ascertained.

and a homicide is the killing of one person by another...it's a simple definition that could mean a great many things.

Fact is...we know nothing at all YET and I see nothing wrong at all with me assuming the best case scenario in a horrible situation - until there are solid facts released to the contrary.

Its perfectly fine. You don't have to defend yourself for what you believe.
I do the same thing all the time. I just know how that turned around in the past.

did anyone see news of the discovery of her body or of the arrest on CNN.com?

this morning they had the story on the main page, main story. then i didnt look at the site for a few hours but when i did the story of her disappearance was gone and none of the new information was on the front page either.

maybe i am missing it. idk.

Been watching since I got home an hour ago. They had one teeny blurb and that's it. It's been all George Zimmerman.

Thanks! I appreciate you sticking up for those with alternative looks. Many of us have posted about looks, stereotypes and generalizations, and our very successful children who once or do have the "look". PSA-EMO hair...a gateway into crime...LOL.

My house on any given afternoon or evening must be a veritable hotbed of nefarious activity, based on these assumptions lol. All the kids friends sort of gravitate to our house, and all the teens, except my oldest son and one other, have this look.

They even all play nicely with my two younger boys who are 8 and 6. I guess I better put a stop to that, based on their hairstyles? :waitasec:

I hashed over this before. Why take an accident and make it look like a murder? People do take murder's and make them look like accidents but few and far between the other way around. I think we hope that it was accident because we are so appalled that someone that knows this child could do something so horrible to them. So we are so appalled that we try to gravitate to the lesser of the two evils. Is it something that the human psyche does to protect itself? Dunno?

i agree, there isnt really any evidence to go on at all yet regarding why this happened. so i think most of what is felt/said right now is just emotional response.

this kind of thing is particularly disturbing when it comes from the media and is presented in the same manner as facts and evidence would be.

If there was question of an accident wouldn't the charge be involuntary manslaughter or second degree murder? First degree means they believe there was forethought and or the knowledge that what he was doing would absolutely cause her death. IMO.

I understand wanting to think its an accident, I really do, but the charges don't reflect that scenario to me.

I started reading about Willow last night and went to sleep having read that she had gone out for walks before. I was hopeful she got lost and would be found today. I see she has been found murdered. I know the uncle has been charged with her murder. How and where was she found? Did searchers find her body? Was she in a house? Sorry for all the questions but I'm on thread two and haven't read all the way backwards yet. RIP beautiful Willow xo

So is the next event the appearance tomorrow? Or has a presser been scheduled and I missed it?

Matou, she was found by four searchers about 7:30 Monday night. We don't know exactly where but south of the town.

Well this just is awful! The only upside is that she was found, the perp arrested and now the case can begin for swift justice. I've read this thread and Im pretty taken aback by a few opinions regarding looks, drug use and Satanism! Where do people get this?! As a recovering junkie (yep, I went there) who is a card carrying member of the COS - I would hate to hear what people would think of me on these boards. Hurting a child or another person is against all logic. Do people do horrific things while "high"? yes. Do people do horrific things while sober? Yes. I can assure you that not many heroin addicts have the energy or care to kill someone! Only a sick and depraved person with no empathy for human life commits murder - period - mental illness, religion and choice of substances aside.

Drugs don't make you a bad person, being a bad person makes you a bad person. Sometimes people use their addictions as an excuse - the second that becomes less believable is when people stop allowing that to be used and justified.

Did the uncle live in the same home as Willow? TIA

Here is the Case Archive for Willow Long.
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Willow%20Long%20%20-IL-#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Willow%20Long%20%20-IL-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=1378848813692003728666676348141

For guests and those unfamiliar with my Case Archives, I save everything I can find about a case from beginning to end. It is usually mainstream media (and a little social media in the cases that don't get the publicity this one has).

Willow's case is saved last-to-first, so if you want to follow from the beginning, you go to the last page.

My sincere THANKS to all the sleuthers here who have linked the sites. It will take a while longer to add as much as I eventually will, so check back. If there is something I need to add, just shoot me an email. aamandareckonwith@gmail.com, or PM me here.

Yes he did. Willow, her little brother, willows mum and her grandparents also lived there. Grandparents were out of town for the weekend working.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...ound-near-search-area-for-missing-willow-long

To me, this is very strange. Perhaps a local would be kind enough to explain the area where she was found?

It sounds like it is not far from the rest area. It seems like not that good of a hiding place.

Perhaps it is because he knew he had limited time?

How long would it take to drive there and back?

Did he kill her in the house? Did he take the three year old with him?

I started reading about Willow last night and went to sleep having read that she had gone out for walks before. I was hopeful she got lost and would be found today. I see she has been found murdered. I know the uncle has been charged with her murder. How and where was she found? Did searchers find her body? Was she in a house? Sorry for all the questions but I'm on thread two and haven't read all the way backwards yet. RIP beautiful Willow xo

She was found by volunteers last night at 7:30, but the find was not public until this morning. She was identified later this morning. The uncle was arrested early this morning, but that wasn't announced until a few hours ago. Here's a good link with the updates:
http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...ound-near-search-area-for-missing-willow-long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u3499