GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the Princess and the Frog.
I do know the Brother's Grimm.
Frog Prince story.
I know Disney may have changed some of it, but from what I remember ...
she hated the frog and all he wanted was to eat off her plate and sleep in her bed because she made him a promise when he retrieved her golden ball from the deep spring.
Her mother made her keep her promise and the frog became a prince.

I don't like the fact that this story was brought up by anyone personally.

Like I said I didn't see the Disney movie so maybe it should not bother me!
Moo
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

More info on Illinois and the removal and placement of children.

Illinois
705 Ill. Comp. Stat. Ann. 405/1-3(4.05) (LexisNexis through 2012 Sess.)
Whenever a ‘best interests’ determination is required, the following factors shall be considered in the context of the
child’s age and developmental needs:
• The physical safety and welfare of the child, including food, shelter, health, and clothing
• The development of the child’s identity
• The child’s background and ties, including familial, cultural, and religious
• The child’s sense of attachments, including:
» Where the child actually feels love, attachment, and a sense of being valued (as opposed to where adults believe the child should feel love, attachment, and a sense of being valued)
» The child’s sense of security
» The child’s sense of familiarity
» Continuity of affection for the child
» The least disruptive placement alternative for the child
• The child’s wishes and long-term goals
• The child’s community ties, including church, school, and friends
• The child’s need for permanence, which includes the child’s need for stability and continuity of relationships with
parent figures, siblings, and other relatives
• The uniqueness of every family and child
• The risks attendant to entering and being in substitute care
• The preferences of the persons available to care for the child

That stick pile is too close to the house to burn....IMO....

I have tried to think of some compelling reason that would excuse a mother lying to LE about the circumstances concerning her missing child.....really? It's just plain, downright wrong! :facepalm:

BBM

I thought it was LE who thought she was possibly enacting the movie and went off on an adventure. But now it's the mom? Do you have a link?

CD (Mom) is the one that told LE she felt it was the reason Willow might have wandered off...LE didn't get the idea...it was planted in them by 'mother'...used loosely.

Edited to add link and quote:

MOVIE discussion starts at 5:21

Reporter: "Did the mother say whether anything like this has happened in the past? Has she walked off kinda...before?"
SJM (Sheriff): "No"
SJM (Sheriff): "She was just talkin' about one of the things, the movie that she was watching, uh, this morning, was one of those Walt Disney movies The Prince(ess) and the Frog, so you know she's always kinda adventurous and SHE THINKS that maybe she[Willow] would like to have an adventure like that."

[video=youtube;GMWhqyQ5QuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMWhqyQ5QuQ[/video]

No curbs! Well, how do you know where to park? :floorlaugh:

I love when you talk about where you live, sequek9. It's so darn interesting to hear what it's like other places. We don't burn trash much but there's plenty of fires going on here in California.

Okay, I've had twig piles on city property and I actually love to bundle it and tie it up. Anyways, I would not keep it so uncontained and close to the walkway area.

Everybody on here has had these terrible stories about kids being impaled and toddlers can be very clumsy. Hate those emergency accidents, in general. So, I'd keep all those twigs in safer contained area as a child safety measure.

That's my own opinion on the placement of twig piles. :giggle:

:lol: not all Californians have curbs though :) However, if you like to bundle and haul sticks, I have got plenty of those here :lol: I live on a mountain, literally. We do have brush piles here too as we have to do the 100' defensible fire clearance. Our laws here state that the pile has to be 100 ft from any residential structure, so we don't keep it near our house. However, it would be much easier during burn season if it were closer. Then I could sit inside where it's warm, to oversee its burning. Instead I have rake/haul branches and pine needles 100 ft up the mountain, then hike up there in the winter and sit in the cold to watch it all burn. I don't find it the least bit odd that their brush pile is closer to their home, but in our instance, with the Rim Fire burning 3 miles from my home right now...I am super happy that our brush piles are not any closer LOL

CD (Mom) is the one that told LE she felt it was the reason Willow might have wandered off...LE didn't get the idea...it was planted in them from Miss Fibbypants

Reporter: "Did the mother say whether anything like this has happened in the past? Has she walked off kinda...before?"
SJM (Sheriff): "She was just talkin' about one of the things, the movie that she was watching, uh, this morning, was one of those Walt Disney movies The Prince(ess) and the Frog, so you know she's always kinda adventurous and SHE THINKS that maybe she[Willow] would like to have an adventure like that."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMWhqyQ5QuQ

The imaginary movie that the imaginary Willow was watching?

It's Jodi Arias deja vu for me.

I haven't seen the Princess and the Frog.
I do know the Brother's Grimm.
Frog Prince story.
I know Disney may have changed some of it, but from what I remember ...
she hated the frog and all he wanted was to eat off her plate and sleep in her bed because she made him a promise when he retrieved her golden ball from the deep spring.
Her mother made her keep her promise and the frog became a prince.

I don't like the fact that this story was brought up by anyone personally.

Like I said I didn't see the Disney movie so maybe it should not bother me!
Moo

Just happened to have this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yw2SmG674

We have brush piles but not close to our house. We have the land so that they can be further away. Hubby likes them because he says they make habitat for creatures.

I wonder how JD came up with the stick story. Are there some games that have anything like that?

Although his story is stupid, I have to say he has quite an imagination.

Perhaps he would like to be pen (itentiary) pals with Jodi Arias.

I believe CD woke up at 8:45am Sunday and observed NG watching The Princess and the Frog. I believe she gave NG what she said she did (for breakfast). I don't think she had anything to with the actual murder of Willow. That's all I'm saying.

CD (Mom) is the one that told LE she felt it was the reason Willow might have wandered off...LE didn't get the idea...it was planted in them by 'mother'...used loosely.

Effingham County Sheriff John Monnet talks about missing 7-year old Watson Girl - YouTube

Thanks! Don't know how I missed it but I've never seen this video. Those statements by LE clear up a lot for me :( unfortunately.

The imaginary movie that the imaginary Willow was watching?

It's Jodi Arias deja vu for me.

As a little girl, when I heard the Frog Prince story, I hated the frog.
He and the queen forced her to spend time with him.
Frog made me mad.
Yes, I learned say what you mean and mean what you say!
(Or a slimy frog will end up in your bed)
That is just me. I hated Rumpelstiltskin and Billy Goat's Gruff too.

Big ole meanies!!!
I'd rather associate her with Thumbelina!
Hey if The Princess and the Frog was her favorite movie so be it!
I will respect that.

At any rate she was a princess!!

The CNN story has been updated, but here are a couple of other references to the "Princess and the Frog".
The girl was watching "The Princess and the Frog" with her little brothers on Sunday at home when she vanished. Her mother, who was feeling ill, was taking a nap, CNN reports.
"We were thinking maybe she wanted to go on this adventure," J.R. Nieman of the Watson Fire Department told CNN. "So we have checked bodies of water."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/10/willow-long-missing-illinois_n_3899620.html

Here in Watson, one mom we talked to said she can't imagine how she's going to talk to her 6-year-old son about the case. Her son picked out a stuffed frog to leave in front of the street near Willow's house. Friends tell us Willow loved the movie "The Princess and the Frog."
http://www.wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13068.shtml

I just read Willow's obituary and it made me feel awful. RIP sweet girl. I'm sorry this happened to you.

I thought the section of the movie I posted was especially dark and profound, but don't know
if that section is from the whole real movie that Willow would have watched. Can anybody tell me if it is?

I like that Bee movie Seinfeld made. That may say a lot about me.

I just don't see the story as an "adventure "
Has anyone seen the movie?

Also no child that can't see without her glasses goes on an adventure.
moo

Or on their own. Without excitedly talking about it at length first. With no food or drink. None of the funny little things a seven year old would take on an 'adventure' e.g., a map, a princess crown, etc. And probably not much further than their own yard or block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member