GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"DCFS Spokesman Dave Clarkin says they received a phone call about possible abuse at the home on Sunday"

http://www.wjol.com/common/more.php?m=15&r=3&item_id=28261

BBM

If someone calls CPS and reports abuse in the home where a little girl went missing and was found murdered, you would expect CPS to take it very seriously as they are. But honestly, that report could be all lies and CPS would still have to investigate. I'll wait until the outcome of the investigation. I don't even think it should be public information at this stage.

Re the stick pile in the yard being close to the house....

Here is a pic of an aerial view of the house: http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr... -IL-/CircleDrive-DeRyke.jpg.html?sort=6&o=56

Here is a pic of the stick pile: http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...ong -IL-/091013woodpile.jpg.html?sort=6&o=57

Imo, the stick pile in the photo gives the impression it is quite close to the house, but I think it is an illusion because it is not seen in the aerial pic. Also, the LE in the stick pile photo appears to be standing on a lower piece of ground than the house sits. It is possible the stick pile is in that location to prevent the children from going into the lower ground.

A big thank you to the owner of the album with the pics. It saves a lot of googling on my part when I am looking for a pic.

I'm 100% believing Gramps (sorry if you disagree). I believe what he said, that she would NEVER leave the yard by herself, and that he believed it was an abduction, and that she would NOT leave unless it was with someone she *knew*. I don't believe for a second that she ran away before. That was one post on FB by an attention-seeking pot stirring fool who said "Oh yeh, she ran away and walked all the way to Effingham" - and it went viral from there.

...yet her mother, of 7 years...said Willow must have run off to chase a ruddy Frog.

Fish I tell you...fish.

I believe Gramps too! It has been a long time since my children were Willow's age, but I do remember they did not leave the yard and they would have never ran out of the house at 10:30 p.m. in the dark at age. Well they might have went out the back door, but would not have ventured more than 5-10 feet from the door especially if there were no lights on outside.

I do not buy one iota of anything JD has told LE. There is a lot more to this story and it does not involve this precious child wanting her Uncle to watch a movie with her.

jmo

BBM

If someone calls CPS and reports abuse in the home where a little girl went missing and was found murdered, you would expect CPS to take it very seriously as they are. But honestly, that report could be all lies and CPS would still have to investigate. I'll wait until the outcome of the investigation. I don't even think it should be public information at this stage.

Since the call was made on Sunday and the police were at the house on Sunday, seems probable to me that they're the ones that saw something that led them to believe there was possible abuse of some sort.

Some questions... So she was reported missing on Sunday before noon, and it's been reported that JD went to work Sunday and his confession to police was Monday night...Am I correct in understanding that their house was not viewed as a crime scene until AFTER that confession? Is it possible that the body was initially brought to this empty house and THEN moved to where it was discovered by searchers sometime Sunday/Monday?
...would the family have rallied together to cover it up if they believed their intentions were good? Did he confess to LE before or after the body was discovered? When did the grandparents get back?

I have been thinking about the statement re baby brother not talking very well. My neighbor's child is 3 years old. He likes to help me in my gardens. In the beginning, I had problems understanding him. Several months later, I do not have much of a problem understanding him now.

To someone that is not constantly around a toddler, they may have difficulty understanding them. I do not believe for a minute the family does not understand this baby when he talks.

If whatever happened to Willow happened in the house, I bet he overheard or saw something. If that is so, I pray this little guy is too young to understand and those memories are forgotten.

jmo

Some questions... So she was reported missing on Sunday before noon, and it's been reported that JD went to work Sunday and his confession to police was Monday night...Am I correct in understanding that their house was not viewed as a crime scene until AFTER that confession? Is it possible that the body was initially brought to this empty house and THEN moved to where it was discovered by searchers sometime Sunday/Monday?
...would the family have rallied together to cover it up if they believed their intentions were good? Did he confess to LE before or after the body was discovered? When did the grandparents get back?

I'm pretty sure that question is out of bounds. The police have said that JD is the only suspect and we can't speculate about the involvement of anyone else. I'm just piping up before any of us get into trouble.

Some questions... So she was reported missing on Sunday before noon, and it's been reported that JD went to work Sunday and his confession to police was Monday night...Am I correct in understanding that their house was not viewed as a crime scene until AFTER that confession? Yes Is it possible that the body was initially brought to this empty house and THEN moved to where it was discovered by searchers sometime Sunday/Monday? Could have been, in my opinion.
...would the family have rallied together to cover it up if they believed their intentions were good? Don't think so...Did he confess to LE before or after the body was discovered? After When did the grandparents get back? That question is answered in a media article somewhere but I'm not sure which one, I think Sunday pm??? not sure

Hi,:seeya: I see you don't have too many posts. Welcome to Websleuths! I answered your questions to the best of my ability above in the underlined parts.

We can discuss Mom's deception ie the lies she told about feeding the kids , seeing Willow that morning, but not her being involved in Willows murder and grandparents are off limits. Hope this helps. Once again Welcome to Websleuths.

Since the call was made on Sunday and the police were at the house on Sunday, seems probable to me that they're the ones that saw something that led them to believe there was possible abuse of some sort.

I agree. I strongly suspect it was LE.

MOD NOTE: Unless, and until, MSM reports on previous abuse of WL and her little brother, that discussion is off limits.
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Brot...ken-into-protective-custody----223496771.html

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...ng-s-3-year-old-brother-in-protective-custody

At this time there is one suspect. Maintain focus on him.

Speculation about why the mother was untruthful is okay, but don't make allegations of her involvement in killing WL.

The grandparents are completely off limits.

Here you go, I found our moderator Bessie's post about this. (Our mod Bessie who never sleeps) ever!

I have been thinking about the statement re baby brother not talking very well. My neighbor's child is 3 years old. He likes to help me in my gardens. In the beginning, I had problems understanding him. Several months later, I do not have much of a problem understanding him now.

To someone that is not constantly around a toddler, they may have difficulty understanding them. I do not believe for a minute the family does not understand this baby when he talks.

If whatever happened to Willow happened in the house, I bet he overheard or saw something. If that is so, I pray this little guy is too young to understand and those memories are forgotten.

jmo
Absolutely true! Great post. My son is 3 years younger than my daughter. When he was little, he just didn't speak. He didn't have to because older sister did all the talking for him. When he finally started talking, he mixed up his consonants and a stranger would think that he was speaking gibberish, but actually he knew everything that was going on! (BTW, we can't shut him up now!)

this is a radio station...considered MSM, right?

http://freedom929.com/news

(OLNEY) Here’s an update in that Effingham County murder case – 22 year old Justin DeRyke of Watson was yesterday charged with three counts of first-degree murder with a bond set at $5 million – the uncle of 7 year old Willow Long told prosecutors that his niece feel onto a brush pile while running, causing her neck to be impaled on a stick, and to end her suffering, he slit her throat and stabbed her several times – he then placed her body in a plastic bag and dumped it near the Little Wabash River, south of Watson – the autopsy shows no such injury to Willow’s neck, but does indicate defensive wounds on her hands – there’s no word if the victim’s Mother will be charged for misleading police – Ciara DeRyke told authorities her daughter left home Sunday morning, but it’s been discovered that the girl died the Saturday evening before – Effingham County authorities say the investigation is far from over with other arrests still possible.

Is there any info on where JD was between the time his shift ended Sunday and his confession Monday night?
Is it ok to ask who was in the house between the time the crime took place and the point at which it was officially declared a crime scene and (I'm assuming) evacuated for an investigation?

Sorry but just catching up. Some posts BBM and SBM fo space
I don't think the search would have been any different at all. Missing persons cases aren't based on when the Mother last saw the child. It's based on when and where the child was last seen. I'm also sure that both adults in the house were instantly suspects in the LE eyes but they also had to play it out like a runaway case.
I think the mom lying made a huge difference in the way this case was handled from the beginning. Of course we don't know if LE was told if mom was out the night before and JD left alone with the kids. I personally think if the adults "were instantly suspects in the LE eyes" the house would have been searched better and crime scene tape all around with no one in or out but LE. With the lying it led them to start looking elsewhere.

The searchers would be at risk anyway because no matter the adult that was lasted stated as seeing Willow they are going to play it out like a missing persons case or a runaway case at the very least until they have/find enough evidence or proof that it's something more than a girl just leaving.
Not necessarily true at Willow's age! I don't know anyone personally that has ran away at age 7 and I have a huge family. Not saying it doesn't happen but saying I don't believe it happens as often as a teenager.

Your missing the point Angel. Yes, LE bases it on when the victim was last seen. Even if Mom had said Saturday night Justin would have simply said she was last seen in the AM but then I went into my room and came out she was gone.
Don't you see both CD and JD were adults and even if CD had told the truth JD would and probably did say he saw her Sunday Morning. Thus police going on the assumption that she left or went missing Sunday.
Fact is the last adult to see her was JD. In his first interview I'm quite sure he said he saw her last Sunday Morning.
I'm pretty sure JD said in his first interview that he last saw her Sunday morning, too, and he's the alleged killer so we now know why he would lie. What I'm still trying to figure out is why in a missing child case would a parent ever lie about the last time they saw their child? Then to add they fed them breakfast and went back to bed? So wrong!

I still don't know why the father of missing Isabelle Salas couldn't live with his other two children for months; or why Baby Lisa Irwin's parents got to keep there other kids in the home. Some things will remain a mystery forever too.
I've wondered the same and if I was DFS and with what I know and believe happened with regards to Lisa, and her mom reporting herself she was out on the porch drinking without attending to the need of her sick child, I believe those two boys of JI should have been removed promptly. Crazy the way DFS works!!

Just because a child was removed from the home by DFS and was placed with a non custodial parent doesn't mean that the state is not still in charge of the child. Temporary placement happens quite often.
I sincerely hope that wherever this precious little boy is living right now that he never hears adults talking about what they think happened, what they have heard other people talking about with regard to it, anger directed at anyone-even JD, and that he is allowed to talk about it when he wants, how he wants and not one minute before. Hopefully that is with a licensed psychologist who can calm his little soul. The last thing this child needs is more turmoil. I'm hoping he didn't see or hear anything but I believe he did and that angers me terribly. To take the innocence of a child in any way, well, I believe Hell has a special place for those that do.

MOO

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverag...ld-deaths-over-30-year-period--223568251.html

Southern Illinois has the state’s highest child homicide rate, nearly double the state average.

A reason why too complicated to answer but a correlation between the killings and what seems to lead up to them has been made.

News 4 learned the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services had no previous involvement with Willow Long’s family prior to her tragic death on Sunday.

News 4 Sharon Reed sat down with Dave Clarkin with the Illinois DCFS on signs of prevention and signs of hope for the state.

Dave Clarkin says there are always signs months before a child is killed.

He urges everyone to report any signs of abuse so they can be investigated.

Dave Clarkin says there are always signs months before a child is killed.

He urges everyone to report any signs of abuse so they can be investigated.

Who is Dave Clarkin? Did I miss something. Thanks!

Sorry to barge in, I don't usually post, just read...This one I skipped through some pages, but can someone clarify...wasn't there a report that there was a party at the house the night she went missing and it didn't get over until like 5am? Maybe this has been discussed and I missed it. Sorry if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019