GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Willow is wearing a princess crown right now.

The accents in that Frog Prince video are so funny, gngr~snap

I'm going to see if I can find the real movie Willow liked. :eek:fftobed:

I hope Willow is wearing a princess crown right now.

The accents in that Frog Prince video are so funny, gngr~snap

I'm going to see if I can find the real movie Willow liked. :eek:fftobed:

I FOUND SOME CLIPS!!
http://video.disney.com/watch/princess-and-the-frog-4bb39eb013320a8833003b15

Gotta see this now!!! - and I bet I'll cry.
Tiana kisses the frog and becomes one too! Then the adventure in the bayou begins!
Yay
- much better story line!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I just don't see the story as an "adventure "
Has anyone seen the movie?

Also no child that can't see without her glasses goes on an adventure.
moo

It was an adventure I guess. After both were turned into frogs, Prince Naveen and Tiana go through the swamp to find Mama Odie a voodoo priestess to help turn them human again. On the way to and from they have to deal with all sorts of things.

If you care to read more about it you can go here. http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/The_Princess_and_the_Frog

I FOUND SOME CLIPS!!

Tiana kisses the frog and becomes one too! Then the adventure in the bayou begins!
Yay

Thanks! The section I posted is from the same movie. The movie costs $14.99.

"The story Set in New Orleans at the beginning of the 20th century, The Princess and the Frog concerns a poor African-American girl named Tiana who has a knack for cooking, and dreams of opening her own restaurant. Her best friend since childhood is a privileged white girl whose wealthy father employs Tiana's mother as a dressmaker. When the friend's family hosts a party for Prince Naveen of Maldonia, Dr. Facilier, an expert in black magic, turns the visiting royal into a frog. The now amphibious Naveen convinces Tiana that a kiss will reverse the spell, and if she obliges him he'll provide the money she needs to open her dream eatery. However, their smooch not only fails to turn him back into a human, but transforms Tiana into a frog as well. The duo then sets out to find a voodoo priestess who can set everything right."

I thought the section of the movie I posted was especially dark and profound, but don't know
if that section is from the whole real movie that Willow would have watched. Can anybody tell me if it is?

I like that Bee movie Seinfeld made. That may say a lot about me.

Yes it is part of the movie that she would have watched. Do not find it really that dark but then again I'm from New Orleans so none of that is really new to me or scary. I just told hubby earlier that if he continued to mess with me I would put a gris-gris on him.

Thanks! The section I posted is from the same movie. The movie costs $14.99.

"The story Set in New Orleans at the beginning of the 20th century, The Princess and the Frog concerns a poor African-American girl named Tiana who has a knack for cooking, and dreams of opening her own restaurant. Her best friend since childhood is a privileged white girl whose wealthy father employs Tiana's mother as a dressmaker. When the friend's family hosts a party for Prince Naveen of Maldonia, Dr. Facilier, an expert in black magic, turns the visiting royal into a frog. The now amphibious Naveen convinces Tiana that a kiss will reverse the spell, and if she obliges him he'll provide the money she needs to open her dream eatery. However, their smooch not only fails to turn him back into a human, but transforms Tiana into a frog as well. The duo then sets out to find a voodoo priestess who can set everything right."

Gotta admit Tiana sounds a lot like the Princess I'd want to be. (Shh... as a chef she is more likely to cook a frog in New Orleans than kiss it) lol

I feel much better now.
Cannot wait to see this movie!

And the fire fly?!! He cracks me up!

Yes it is part of the movie that she would have watched. Do not find it really that dark but then again I'm from New Orleans so none of that is really new to me or scary. I just told hubby earlier that if he continued to mess with me I would put a gris-gris on him.

Too funny! New Orleans is on my bucket list.
My dad lived there before I was born.
Aww heck now I am thinking about Mickey Shunick ...
:(
Time for bed soon.
Night everyone!

I hope you can see all the people down here that you have so deeply touched, little Willow. Your pictures speak more than a thousand words, and I believe you were full of charm, charisma, friendliness, spunk, and an extra dose of mischievousness! You, little Willow - were the perfect answer to the need for a modern day Pippi Longstocking. Peaceful slumbers to you, little dreamer...you will not be forgotten.

(goodnight all, sleep for me)

The Disney channel had Princess and The Frog on last weekend, when Willow disappeared.
If you keep an eye on your local schedule... either weekday evenings or weekend mornings, they will often have movies on. :seeya:

So far, I'm loving it. New Orleans, fascinating to me and maybe someday I'll get there.
(note to self - look up gris-gris)

Mickey Shunick , yes, I followed that case. What a hero Mickey turned out to be.

This movie has some dark and profound, but maybe kids are more sophisticated in their animation tastes now days. I seem to be laughing and enjoying it like I imagine
Willow did. I'm discovering new enjoyment and I love the art. :seeya:

I'm 100% believing Gramps (sorry if you disagree). I believe what he said, that she would NEVER leave the yard by herself, and that he believed it was an abduction, and that she would NOT leave unless it was with someone she *knew*. I don't believe for a second that she ran away before. That was one post on FB by an attention-seeking pot stirring fool who said "Oh yeh, she ran away and walked all the way to Effingham" - and it went viral from there.

...yet her mother, of 7 years...said Willow must have run off to chase a ruddy Frog.

Fish I tell you...fish.

I think that was panic. You just pray your daughter went for a walk or adventure. I have seen nothing suggesting she didn't care for willow, willow was a happy little girl. She made a huge mistake in either relaying JD's story as hers or being to ashamed to admit she didn't check on her kids when she came in but i don't think it was nefarious

I FOUND SOME CLIPS!!

Yay

Now I really want to see this! It's not on Netflix or Hulu. Tried another link someone posted but it required my cc info (not going to happen lol!) so I guess I'll have to go rent it :)

I know what you mean TF I watched that video the other night and cried and laughed all through it. A beautiful tribute to a beautiful little girl.

The movie has a happy ending. Great music, too.

[video=youtube;C6i0R7Oxk5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6i0R7Oxk5M[/video]

.................................................. ...........................Good Night...................:eek:fftobed:

Now I really want to see this! It's not on Netflix or Hulu. Tried another link someone posted but it required my cc info (not going to happen lol!) so I guess I'll have to go rent it :)

I found a free online site. It only let me see 26 min. :(
Loving it so far!
The Prince just arrived at the mansion and was dancing.

ETA :
Found part 3 of 13 on YouTube
They are frogs flying away from the party.
I'm getting virus warnings so it look like I will have to buy the video. Can't stop now

Has anyone wondered why she ran away in the past? I think she was 5 - what 5 year old would just wonder away?! she's not 2!! she ran away for a reason I think.

well we have to find out if that's true....

If the dogs didn't smell blood it wasn't there.
Remember the Boston bombing?
People saying how they smelled the blood?
OK. This is a much smaller scale but dogs would hit.
Even if rinsed down the drain.

Only if they were cadaver dogs, which I don't think the 1st ones were.

I think the mom has not lived at home for very long. So it might be where she lived previously. Again if it did happen. I remember reading but not sure if it was on msm.

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverag...ld-deaths-over-30-year-period--223568251.html

Southern Illinois has the state’s highest child homicide rate, nearly double the state average.

A reason why too complicated to answer but a correlation between the killings and what seems to lead up to them has been made.

News 4 learned the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services had no previous involvement with Willow Long’s family prior to her tragic death on Sunday.

News 4 Sharon Reed sat down with Dave Clarkin with the Illinois DCFS on signs of prevention and signs of hope for the state.

So far, I'm loving it. New Orleans, fascinating to me and maybe someday I'll get there.
(note to self - look up gris-gris)

Mickey Shunick , yes, I followed that case. What a hero Mickey turned out to be.

This movie has some dark and profound, but maybe kids are more sophisticated in their animation tastes now days. I seem to be laughing and enjoying it like I imagine
Willow did. I'm discovering new enjoyment and I love the art. :seeya:

http://www.voodoomuseum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33

If you ever make it down here, be sure to let me know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste