GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, for me, I think she lied to save face, didn't want to be the mom out having a good time when her daughter went missing. Not that I agree with it, but I can see it happening. Especially if she thought her children were safe with her trusted brother. She just went with his story. Right? No, but I get it.

For those who think she lied to cover up anything but potentially bad or questionable parenting, what was her motive? Do you think she knew her brother was up to no good? Realized what her brother did and tried to cover it up? Something else?

I just don't see her lying for any other reason, but making herself look less blamable, and I don't think she's to blame at all, but she probably felt that way, and likely still does.

So if she told her mom that she only went out to help a friend and returned home sometime after midnight, then that is exactly what she should have told LE in the very beginning. You are right there would have been nothing wrong in that, if that is exactly what happened.

If she lied to LE, for whatever reason, I hope they charge her with obstruction or something. If she was misquoted by her bf's mother, she could have corrected the info. She didn't. LE and missing posters all said Willow disappeared Sunday morning....

Hello RhondaIl I'm not defending his lack of searching I'm merely questioning other posters that have stated that early suspicion by LE was due to his lack of searching. I don't believe this to be the case. I feel that previous knowledge played a part and suspicions were also based on CD aswell as JD.

There was an article were a police officer or someone in LE mentioned that attention started to shift to JD when he decided to go to work rather than help with the search for Willow.

But why tell her mom and the LE two conflicting stories?
Either she went out to help a friend, or she went out to the bar (which is what I think happened.).

I think she was saying that she went to a bar to help a friend. Friend might have been having problems so she went to help the friend out, at the bar.

There was an article were a police officer or someone in LE mentioned that attention started to shift to JD when he decided to go to work rather than help with the search for Willow.

The family is usually able to help with the search by passing out fliers, signing up searchers, making sure water and snacks( usually donated) are available. Most of all, families need to be together to support each other. They usually want to be right there at the staging area hoping for any bit of good news.

So much goes on behind the scenes to organize and run a good search. Families don't need to be the ones to go out looking, but I would expect them to at least stick around waiting for good news.

MOO

Maybe the bolded answers that??

I suppose it could be as simple as a message from JD requesting a Public Defender. I just question the part that said his "message" would be handled on Thursday. Which would be tomorrow, 9/19/13. JD has already been appointed Scott Schmidt as his public defender on 9/17/13.

http://www.judici.com/courts/cases/...ocl=IL025015J,2013CF174,IL025015JL2013CF174D1

eta:
09/16/2013 "MESSAGE" FROM DEF REVIEWED, IT WILL BE HANDLED ON THURSDAY. COPY OF ENTRY TO THE STATE & TO THE DEFENDANT. SLT
09/16/2013 Note from Defendant requesting PD, filed, copy given to State. Copy of entry given to State and Def at ECJ.

There is already a "note" from the defendant requesting PD on 9/16 and then the "Message" is an additional separate entry on 9/16. On the flip side, my DH thinks its the same thing the "note" having being entered by a court clerk into the computer and the "MESSAGE" having being entered by the judge Sherri L. Tungate. :) I think he is right now after looking at it again. :) Silly DH outsmarted his WSer wife. ;)

I've read every post since day 1 about Willow and finally decided to make an account to share my thoughts.

I accidentally came across her story in the waiting room of a doctors office and I have felt some sort of connection ever since. It may be the fact that I have a son the same age as Willow's little brother or maybe a 6th sense but I feel the need to finally speak about it.

IMO there's a HUGE chunk of story missing from the public. My best friends father is a detective for the FBI and my husbands father is a Sheriff for Cook & I have heard gruesome storys about events that took place in my quiet neighborhood that was never in the media, so I do believe that we, the public, are making more speculations than facts. I have read Willow's story over and over, pages to pages and they all have the same bland details.

I do believe other posters who are speculating that the little brother, NG, did see SOMETHING that night or the next morning. 3 year olds are curious, where ever there is action they are there.

Whatever CD & JD said to the police obviously conflicts, & we have ruled out the mother's story due to the time of death. I, personally, have ruled out JD's story as well for the following reasons:
1. Why would a child run OUT of the house?
-When children are yelled at, they go to a place that is familiar like their room, their bed, or another family member. If he yelled at her like he claims, I would think she would go to her room, just my opinion.
2. The autopsy found a 3-4 laceration on the back of her neck. (I can post a link if necessary)
- If the stick-through-the-neck story is true, what made the laceration? IMO there was a struggle on the stick pile that caused the laceration & that there was no accidental fall.
3. This all happened at night in the time frame, provided by the police (10:30 to 11pm)
-I believe that she passed in that time frame, but JD's story places him in the bathroom at this point, which is another reason why I don't believe his story.

Are there any updates with information about the Grand Jury?
:welcome: HerHIGHness! :welcome:

Glad you are joining to share your thoughts!

:seeya:

Per CD's bfs mom, CD says JD was at the house while she was calling 911.....he took off in his truck, picked up some neighbors and went searching....I'll look for a link...

Im new here but just wanted to add that I'm so very sorry that this case ended up this way. When I saw the first posts about Willow, I assumed she had just run away or wandered off to play without telling her responsible adult. As the case progressed, sadly I realised I was wrong.
Someone may be able to clear this up for me, but there has been numerous posts about JD and suspicion arising with the LE due to his lack of searching, I'm under the impression though, that he wouldn't have been allowed to search, due to a possible contamination of the crime scene, if it were discovered by a family member. So the assumption that suspicion fell on JD due to his lack of searching must be wrong, as he and other family members, would not have been eligible to search anyway. So LE suspecting his involvement due to his lack of searching is incorrect?

Im not entirely sure what point I'm trying to make here but the fact that LE were suspicious of him from the start due to lack of searching doesn't really hold much water for me. Therefore stating Ciara lies were not detrimental is again incorrect.

Fly high you red haired angel, I wish the world could have been a better place for you x
:wagon: Lady Demelza! :welcome:

Good questions!

:seeya:

Can't find the article....:banghead:

It was a little strange....talked about bfs mom a lot....like she is a local celebrity or something

Public Defender, I think. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

There is already a "note" from the defendant requesting PD on 9/16 and then the "Message" is an [I said:
additional[/I] separate entry on 9/16. On the flip side, my DH thinks its the same thing the "note" having being entered by a court clerk into the computer and the "MESSAGE" having being entered by the judge Sherri L. Tungate. :) I think he is right now after looking at it again. :) Silly DH outsmarted his WSer wife. ;)

I was wondering about that too. At first I thought the "note" and "message" were the same, but the part that threw me off is where it said it would be handled on Thursday. The request for the public defender was done on Monday, so it seems whatever was in the message will be handled at the arraignment... That is how I took it anyway.

Can't find the article....:banghead:

It was a little strange....talked about bfs mom a lot....like she is a local celebrity or something

It's on shelbycountynews.net it quotes the BF's mom bc she is a resident of ShelbyCo, and we are an extremely tight knit county. She contacted SCN to do the interview to get the news out about the search.

I guess that could mean anytime after midnight, but then CD states she was home around midnight.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...deryke-on-three-counts-of-first-degree-murder

According to this article, "DeRyke said the incident occurred the night of September 7. The grand jury information indicates the death occurred "on or around the 8th day of September".

I don't understand this. Does on or around the 8th day of September mean the death occurred on Sunday? Or would Saturday, September 7 be considered around the 8th day of September?

I can't find a link but thought I recalled the State's Attorney saying earlier that the estimated time of death was between 10:30-11:00 p.m. on Saturday.

I am the mother of 2 children, 1 is special needs. If either one of my children 'disappeared', my life would be an open book. If LE wanted a detailed description of every place I had been, every person I talked to in my adventures for the evening, it is theirs!!!

Before anyone asks, yes, we would go out occasionally to the bar for some down time and hire a sitter. The first thing I did, even if it was hubby with the children while I was out, was to check both children as soon as I walked in the back door. Then I set my alarm because I knew my daughter was an early bird. I never ever, no matter how bad I felt, put my head back down on the pillow until they took naps in the afternoon, and then I did it with a baby monitor next to my head. That is called parenting. You brought those children into this world and you are responsible for their safety and care.

Maybe that is why I have trouble processing any reason this mother would lie about her activities.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back