GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You might want to change that description.

I see plenty of compassion on here.

Just because someone does not feel that what CD did was in the best interests if the search fir Willow does not make them not compassionate.

Searchers went out in the blazing heat. Imagine. Some were hospitalized.

Wow. Not their child, but they put their all into it for a little child.

And as someone said, they have medical bills as well as effects from whatever hospitalized them as well as loss of income.

I cannot even imagine what it was like out there in the broiling heat with sweat running down your face and into your eyes. Insects buzzing and biting.

Exhaustion, but people went on and on , sacrificing to find this lost little child. Wow!

My compassion for CD does not mean i am not appreciative of the searchers. I prefer to blame the murderer for the murder.

You might want to change that description.

I see plenty of compassion on here.

Just because someone does not feel that what CD did was in the best interests if the search fir Willow does not make them not compassionate.

Searchers went out in the blazing heat. Imagine. Some were hospitalized.

Wow. Not their child, but they put their all into it for a little child.

And as someone said, they have medical bills as well as effects from whatever hospitalized them as well as loss of income.

I cannot even imagine what it was like out there in the broiling heat with sweat running down your face and into your eyes. Insects buzzing and biting.

Exhaustion, but people went on and on , sacrificing to find this lost little child. Wow!

I don't think there is any way those searchers weren't out there no matter what CD said. JD obviously didn't confess on the first interview and had a story about when he last saw her most likely that morning. The cops did get suspicious of him based on his behavior and choosing not to search. CD should have told the truth but her lying did not cause the peoples hospitalizations and didn't cause them to lose a day's work. That search was going on no matter what. Even if LE thought that JD did it they had to wait to get enough information and that involved letting people still think it was a runaway case or that someone else was a suspect.

People who searched did give up a lot. Unless you have been in those shoes, it is hard to know what the searchers endured.

In 100+ humidity, it is hard to even breathe let alone walk in harsh conditions, be it fields or woods.

My compassion for CD does not mean i am not appreciative of the searchers. I prefer to blame the murderer for the murder.

But turning it around so that it seems that those who think this mother did an awful thing by lying about seeing, feeding, arguing with her missing seven year old daughter do not have compassion is just as wrong. (imo)

I submit there are many compassionate people here who just have different views.

aw geez folks. we're all compassionate or we wouldn't be on websleuths.

that said, there are degrees of compassion towards particular players in the cases we follow since we have different opinions on who deserves said compassion.

nevermind. i cannot find one update on the indictment. anyone?

But turning it around so that it seems that those who think this mother did an awful thing by lying about seeing, feeding, arguing with her missing seven year old daughter do not have compassion is just as wrong. (imo)

I submit there are many compassionate people here who just have different views.

I would go so far as to say... that is why people are here.

I have compassion for the victim, Willow. And, for the searchers. For anyone who lied.....not so much. She has enough support here. I also have compassion for the little 3 yr. old. No telling what kind of life he's lived.

I've read every post since day 1 about Willow and finally decided to make an account to share my thoughts.

I accidentally came across her story in the waiting room of a doctors office and I have felt some sort of connection ever since. It may be the fact that I have a son the same age as Willow's little brother or maybe a 6th sense but I feel the need to finally speak about it.

IMO there's a HUGE chunk of story missing from the public. My best friends father is a detective for the FBI and my husbands father is a Sheriff for Cook & I have heard gruesome storys about events that took place in my quiet neighborhood that was never in the media, so I do believe that we, the public, are making more speculations than facts. I have read Willow's story over and over, pages to pages and they all have the same bland details.

I do believe other posters who are speculating that the little brother, NG, did see SOMETHING that night or the next morning. 3 year olds are curious, where ever there is action they are there.

Whatever CD & JD said to the police obviously conflicts, & we have ruled out the mother's story due to the time of death. I, personally, have ruled out JD's story as well for the following reasons:
1. Why would a child run OUT of the house?
-When children are yelled at, they go to a place that is familiar like their room, their bed, or another family member. If he yelled at her like he claims, I would think she would go to her room, just my opinion.
2. The autopsy found a 3-4 laceration on the back of her neck. (I can post a link if necessary)
- If the stick-through-the-neck story is true, what made the laceration? IMO there was a struggle on the stick pile that caused the laceration & that there was no accidental fall.
3. This all happened at night in the time frame, provided by the police (10:30 to 11pm)
-I believe that she passed in that time frame, but JD's story places him in the bathroom at this point, which is another reason why I don't believe his story.

Are there any updates with information about the Grand Jury?

When the grandfather first started talking everything was still very fresh and I'm sure that that early it may be hard for him to believe that his grandson did this. I think over time he may be able to come to realize who did this and remove his support from him for the sake of his marriage and his daughter.

Were JD and CD living in their grandparent's home or parent's home?

http://kmov4.mlnwap.com/article.html#!/63751/3dda30414acbf858ebf1197805a878ac
According to this article, it says he was indicted. I hope the link comes up, I was trying to copy/paste on my phone. I also noticed that according to his mugshot pic, he is 7 1/2 feet tall! I wonder if it was lined up right!

Thanks! I was reading the same article, but I'm a little confused because it says he was indicted and then it goes on to say:

Officials said 16 to 21 jurors heard details of the case. Kibler said there will most likely be a unanimous vote to indict him. (Snipped a lot)

I feel like the article was updated, but they forgot to update the whole thing. I'm not sure, though.

Here is my thought on why she lied, for what it's worth.

I imagine CD came home and went to bed. Got up in the late morning and couldn't find Willow. Asked JD if he had seen her and maybe he said she was up earlier and he fed her breakfast and then he went back to bed and left them to watch tv. Mom keeps looking for her and doesn't find her...eventually calls the police. I bet she NEVER even once considered that her own brother could do something like that, so she adopted his story of feeding them as her own, thinking that the little girl had simply ran off and the police or a neighbor would find her and the matter of who saw her last and who fed her wouldn't be relevant. In a small town like that...who would even imagine that the child was abducted, let alone murdered and by a relative? I think the natural assumption would be that she went out to play or wandered too far and got lost and that the other details just wouldn't be that important once they found her at a neighbor's house or in the woods playing, etc.

I think as the day wore on, and the glasses were found and the nightgown was located...that maybe mom started to put some thoughts together. By then...the inital story was out to the media...there is nothing that says she may not have, in subsequent interviews with the police, told them the truthful details. The media wouldn't report that her story was corrected because the police weren't releasing that.

Just a thought. I would like to think as she realized that this wasn't just a case of her daughter wandering off...that she was forthcoming with any information. I just really believe in the beginning when she expected her to be found that she didn't think that really mattered.

I don't know. Maybe I am crazy.

Published on September 18 2013 2:43 pm
Last Updated on September 18 2013 2:53 pm
Written by Greg Sapp
An Effingham County Grand Jury has indicted Justin DeRyke on three counts of first degree murder in the death of his niece, Willow Long.

The Grand Jury returned the indictment against DeRyke for allegedly stabbing seven-year-old Willow, causing her death during an incident outside the home they shared with her mother and his sister, Ciara DeRyke and Justin and Ciara's parents. Justin DeRyke, Willow and her three-year-old brother were the only ones at home at the time of the incident according to information gathered by authorities.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...deryke-on-three-counts-of-first-degree-murder

Good. This apears to be happening really fast.

O/T I am also archiving a similar case, 6 yr old Ahlittia North, killed by a family member in NOLA in July. The murderer has had his preliminary hearing today but is not yet indicted for the murder.

Like Willow's case, the details are gruesome. The murderer says Ahlittia seduced him, he stabbed her and watched her writhe in pain and die.

If you want to check it out, the thread is here in "awaiting trial", and in my case archives as well. Link is in my signature line.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back