GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, Lynn. That was possibly the most informative and beautiful post I've read on this forum. I felt like I was there with you. Thank you.

If I'm not mistaken, JDs story is that he was walking down the stairs when he was grabbed by the arm and scratched by Willow. That's where the stairs of the home were discussed. Read every word you wrote Lynn. Thank you for providing a look inside.

Edit: just re read JDs statement. Didn't mention stairs. Now I can't remember why it was discussed :/

IIRC, at some point the word 'down' was used by someone in the family in the original Sunday-morning story, basically "(he/she/we) came down to give the kids breakfast..." (I honestly don't remember if it was CD's verbatim story, or her story as told by another family member, or if it was reinterpreted by the media, or what.)

But people focused on the word 'down' as proof of...something. Not sure what. But the stairs/attic/basement thing went crazy after that. Sometimes in cases little things like that will get heavily fixated on, sometimes they turn out to be significant, sometimes not. I think this one was just one of those things...lost in translation from one source to the next, maybe the storyteller at the time used to live in a multistory dwelling and said down by reflex, whatever.

I typed up a post earlier but it looks like it didn't post when WS was having a brain fart.

The brush pile/sticks has been bugging me.

Why mention it if it is not of significance? Is an area in the back yard the area where Willow was stabbed? Was there a lot of blood that was washed away/hosed off? Was there sticks/brush that was moved over top of an area?

IIRC she "fell " into the brush pile and was "implaled" by sticks.

The gpa pointed at the throat area.
I just wonder if the uncle wanted to use an impalement in the groin area to explain away any tearing or injuries that would be found on autopsy ....
Moo
BUT I have heard this "story " before with child molestation cases. (More than once in my years working as a pediatric triage nurse) * for those that don't know I am a certified professional poster here at Websleuths - and I am just calling it like I see it based on my own involvement in cases where children were only injured NOT murdered. :seeya:

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

any more charges yet?

why does it seem like this has stalled? everything was moving so quickly.

That's just what I observed, and no thanks needed at all, I just did what I hope someone else would do if my daughter went missing.

I wonder and *think* that the LE found something out after 2am Monday morning. There was such an urgency to the searching (on Sunday), LE encouraging us on how to search, what to look for etc, then when they sent us home they pleaded with us to get some rest and come back by 7 in the am, to bring ATV's if we had them, and be prepared to get started by 7:30. After those pleas we ended up doing nothing until 11. Why urge us to come bask ASAP and then not use us until the heat of the day? IMO LE knew something...

The crime scene has me baffled, if it happened on one of those brush piles, wouldn't CSI been there longer than they were? They were before 1 on Wednesday, after all the searchers, media, and LE that were in that yard, I would think it would of tool them longer to investigate everything. We haven't had any rain here in a month, when I water my flowers the ground is dry again in 30 minutes. If blood was washed away the ground would have been dry before LE got there for the search. However, I dont know if I'm buying the "he washed the blood away theory".
Would they have allowed the family back in the house so soon if the house itself was a crime scene?

Sadly, there's just so many questions.

any more charges yet?

why does it seem like this has stalled? everything was moving so quickly.

I think the Grand Jury is scheduled to meet tomorrow and hopefully hand down an indictment. Perhaps more charges will be added or maybe they have to wait for toxicology tests to be completed to finalize the autopsy report.

I think the perp is due back in court on Thursday.

Thank you Lynn-and welcome!!!

So...there's a hearing tomorrow correct? Anybody remember what time?? Thanks!

That's just what I observed, and no thanks needed at all, I just did what I hope someone else would do if my daughter went missing.

I wonder and *think* that the LE found something out after 2am Monday morning. There was such an urgency to the searching (on Sunday), LE encouraging us on how to search, what to look for etc, then when they sent us home they pleaded with us to get some rest and come back by 7 in the am, to bring ATV's if we had them, and be prepared to get started by 7:30. After those pleas we ended up doing nothing until 11. Why urge us to come bask ASAP and then not use us until the heat of the day? IMO LE knew something...

The crime scene has me baffled, if it happened on one of those brush piles, wouldn't CSI been there longer than they were? They were before 1 on Wednesday, after all the searchers, media, and LE that were in that yard, I would think it would of tool them longer to investigate everything. We haven't had any rain here in a month, when I water my flowers the ground is dry again in 30 minutes. If blood was washed away the ground would have been dry before LE got there for the search. However, I dont know if I'm buying the "he washed the blood away theory".
Would they have allowed the family back in the house so soon if the house itself was a crime scene?

Sadly, there's just so many questions.

I was wondering out loud if perhaps he could have hosed off the blood or dumped buckets of water in the area and then moved some brush on top.

Thanks for your insight and a big THANKS for searching.

If the ground was dry,the water would just flow away and not be absorbed into the ground. In the dark, he could mot see blood. And it would be moving along, not going into the ground.

So where in the heck did he do all of that horrible stabbing?

It is so hard to see pics of Willow on here. laughing, smiling, not knowing her life was going to be over.

JD managed to go to work. He wasn't psychotic.

What is his nasty story?

If the ground was dry,the water would just flow away and not be absorbed into the ground. In the dark, he could mot see blood. And it would be moving along, not going into the ground.

It is so hard to see pics of Willow on here. laughing, smiling, not knowing her life was going to be over.

What is his nasty story?

I smell an experiment coming....LOL

What is his nasty story?

BBM. IMO, the bathtub.
Does anyone know if the bathroom/bathtub was searched by forensics. There should be a lot of blood in the drain if Willow was in fact killed in the tub.

BBM. IMO, the bathtub.
Does anyone know if the bathroom/bathtub was searched by forensics. There should be a lot of blood in the drain if Willow was in fact killed in the tub.

The bathroom should have been the first place worked on by crime scene techs after that unbelievable story was told.

The bathroom should have been the first place worked on by crime scene techs after that unbelievable story was told.

You would think so.
But IIRC, the house wasn't even taped off/declared a crime scene until JD was officially arrested. Plenty of time to clean up enough of the evidence.

Although I have lurked here in the past, I have never posted before, so I hope I am using the "quote" feature correctly.

I appreciate all of the details Lynn provided and can maybe shed some light on why we had to wait hours on Monday before being sent out to search.

I didn't know Willow was missing until Monday morning, but as soon as I did, I headed that direction. I arrived at the Watson Civic Center around 8:00 a.m. to search and like Lynn, I didn't get to go out on a bus and actually search until around 11:00 a.m.

At one point while we were waiting, we were told by an official that we would be sent out as soon as he had the search area gridded. IMO, they did not anticipate such a large number of people showing up to search; consequently, they were not prepared. Then, as they were trying to prepare, more and more searchers kept arriving.

I think CD has been flanked by her current bf and his mother....in the pics I've seen.

I'm really stunned that so many find it reasonable that CD lied to LE...if she did. wow

I think CD has been flanked by her current bf and his mother....in the pics I've seen.

I'm really stunned that so many find it reasonable that CD lied to LE...if she did. wow

i agree with your first point...

regarding the second, i don't disagree but someone, IMO, is lying. could very well be JD...or the ME? a child isn't impaled by a stick with no entry wound reported (Kibler's statement was quite specific regarding lacerations) at 11pm on saturday, and seen watching a movie on sunday morning at 8:45. it just doesn't happen.

speaking of...the movie itself IMO is insignificant yet the mention of it relevant. how many movies do these kids watch? yes, mine have had marathons, i'm not judging. but if mom left the house and they were watching one, then uncle was begged to accompany a viewing, then another was shown first thing in the morning...hm. they really seem to focus on "the movie" quite a bit.

JMO but someone, either CD or JD, has no recollection of the evening and/or morning events. collective fabrications given to LE via interviews of anyone (bf's mom, CD, JD, grandfolks) don't match, period.

MOO...

I don't know if CD lied, per say. I think she was just telling LE what JD told her-that HE fed the kids and HE put the movie on. But instead of her saying that JD was the one who did that, she said it was her. Who knows why...wouldn't it just make sense to tell LE who actually said/did what? Then at least there wouldn't be so much discrepancy with all that morning's stories.

Although I have lurked here in the past, I have never posted before, so I hope I am using the "quote" feature correctly.

I appreciate all of the details Lynn provided and can maybe shed some light on why we had to wait hours on Monday before being sent out to search.

I didn't know Willow was missing until Monday morning, but as soon as I did, I headed that direction. I arrived at the Watson Civic Center around 8:00 a.m. to search and like Lynn, I didn't get to go out on a bus and actually search until around 11:00 a.m.

At one point while we were waiting, we were told by an official that we would be sent out as soon as he had the search area gridded. IMO, they did not anticipate such a large number of people showing up to search; consequently, they were not prepared. Then, as they were trying to prepare, more and more searchers kept arriving.
I honestly don't think it was for lack of preparedness. Sunday they had grids set up, I saw the big map they were working on. Several of us thought it was bc it was rumored the FBI took over (again I never saw them), or it was bc LE knew something more than just a little girl wondering off.

What area did they send you to on Monday? Did you stay for the few buses that went back out?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back