GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think CD has been flanked by her current bf and his mother....in the pics I've seen.

I'm really stunned that so many find it reasonable that CD lied to LE...if she did. wow

It'a not her current bf, I saw the picture of him, his mother and CD on shelbycountynews.net. The gentleman she's with has those gauges in his ears and has curly dark hair. The female with them doesn't look to be over 30.

I'm assuming close friends.

Hello! I'm a long time lurker of WS. I saw an episode of disappeared on Netflix, it was the Maura Murray case, I had to know more so I took to google. It led me hear and when I question a case I see in the media I normally head here for answers. I've been coming here for close to two years, but never registered until now. I normally felt I didn't have anything to add that wasn't already being talked about.
Willows case however hit in my backyard. I live less than 30 minutes away. I didn't know her or her parents personally, however I have several friends and family who did. When the case popped up in my newsfeed after church on Sunday, I prayed they would find her. Then, more and more friends were posting about her. My best friend called me and said we need to go help, so after feeding our families we headed to Watson. On the way there we were hoping she would already be found and our trip would be a waste. Over the next 48 hrs, we spent close to 30 in Watson helping with the efforts to find this sweet child.

Wednesday afternoon I hopped on here hoping there was a thread, it took me awhile to catch up, and took me even longer to get registered to post (my email addy had to be approved). I have a few things from a 1st person perspective that may clear up a few of the minor details that seem to be bugging sluethers.

I'm going to post them in a separate post, if anything I say is considered hearsay, (although I will do my best to state only things I personally observed and not rumors from other people) then mods please delete it.

Hopefully this is allowed and if not, sorry.

:wagon: Lynn! :welcome:

Thank you for searching....

And... Thank you for giving us a local's perspective!

:seeya:

You would think so.
But IIRC, the house wasn't even taped off/declared a crime scene until JD was officially arrested. Plenty of time to clean up enough of the evidence.

September 11, 2013: http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/39...ear-search-area-for-Willow-Long-?sf17041225=1

Crime scene tape has been up around Willow's home since 6 a.m. Tuesday.

I don't think he would be able to scrub it all away. Maybe I watch too many crime shows, but I am thinking luminol or phenolphthalein would reveal the truth. More info is available here: http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/detecting-evidence-after-bleaching.html

jmo

Thank you for coming here to post your experience in the search for little Willow, Lynn...that truly was a very informative, and heartfelt post.

There has been a lot of discussion on where this attack took place. In my opinion this was premeditated (for a lot longer than just 1 day). I feel it is possible that JD carried out his nasty thoughts on the garbage bags and wrapped her in them when finished. It would explain for the lack of mess.

Will court on the 19th be available to the general public again or is it closed?

He better pay, and pay dearly, for what he has done. May he never see outside of a prison wall...at the very least.

What area did they send you to on Monday? Did you stay for the few buses that went back out?

Our group searched the corn and bean fields west of Watson.

We returned at 5:00 p.m. like we were told to, but we weren't sent out because our numbers hadn't come up. They didn't seem to have the capacity to move people out quickly.

Our group searched the corn and bean fields west of Watson.

We returned at 5:00 p.m. like we were told to, but we weren't sent out because our numbers hadn't come up. They didn't seem to have the capacity to move people out quickly.

There were less school busses (I'm guessing they needed them at the school) there were still 4 school buses, and all the little white central IL public transit buses.

Thank you for coming here to post your experience in the search for little Willow, Lynn...that truly was a very informative, and heartfelt post.

There has been a lot of discussion on where this attack took place. In my opinion this was premeditated (for a lot longer than just 1 day). I feel it is possible that JD carried out his nasty thoughts on the garbage bags and wrapped her in them when finished. It would explain for the lack of mess.

Will court on the 19th be available to the general public again or is it closed?

He better pay, and pay dearly, for what he has done. May he never see outside of a prison wall...at the very least.

Idk about court, I honestly never even thought to go to the first one.

Although I have lurked here in the past, I have never posted before, so I hope I am using the "quote" feature correctly.

I appreciate all of the details Lynn provided and can maybe shed some light on why we had to wait hours on Monday before being sent out to search.

I didn't know Willow was missing until Monday morning, but as soon as I did, I headed that direction. I arrived at the Watson Civic Center around 8:00 a.m. to search and like Lynn, I didn't get to go out on a bus and actually search until around 11:00 a.m.

At one point while we were waiting, we were told by an official that we would be sent out as soon as he had the search area gridded. IMO, they did not anticipate such a large number of people showing up to search; consequently, they were not prepared. Then, as they were trying to prepare, more and more searchers kept arriving.

:welcome: ElizabethB! :wagon:

Thank you for searching...

and I am glad you came out of "Lurkdom" ....:lurk:

Thank you Lynn for that great post about searching for Willow and the subsequent gatherings for her. I still can't get Debbie out of my mind, her grief just tore me apart, even here several thousand miles away. I hope that the dad and grandparents get the answers they need. I think the mom knows more than the media is allowed to say. I don't think she's complicit in the crime, but I think she's trying to cover her own *advertiser censored* for child neglect.

I don't know if CD lied, per say. I think she was just telling LE what JD told her-that HE fed the kids and HE put the movie on. But instead of her saying that JD was the one who did that, she said it was her. Who knows why...wouldn't it just make sense to tell LE who actually said/did what? Then at least there wouldn't be so much discrepancy with all that morning's stories.

Well, that's a lie. Respectfully, not my opinion, but a fact. If CD said she did ANYTHING for Willow Sunday morning, then that is a bald-faced lie.

Willow was already murdered, ergo big fat lie.

Again, if it's no big deal to go out for the evening after making arrangements for your kiddos, then why lie and say you saw your child and fed her?

It's total BS. And again, the only way it wouldn't have made a difference to finding Willow as far as CD is concerned is if she already knew Willow was dead so lying to make herself look wouldn't jeopardize the recovery of a live Willow.

I keep reading posts saying that her lying lies had no effect on the outcome because Willow was already dead, but SHE DID NOT KNOW THAT! Or did she?

Because those folks who say it didn't matter have the benefit of hindsight. Supposedly, CD was not privy to the truth of Willow's fate so in fact her truthful statement would have been crucial.

I am not wording things real well, but I hope I am making my point that CD's lies matter because unlike us, now, she did not know that the info she gave police wouldn't save Willow.

I get what you're saying Frayedknot.

If CD said to the LE that she saw/fed Willow on the Sunday morning she is lying, as Willow died on the Saturday night. Why she would lie, we don't know. We can only speculate.

It will come out at trial.

:wagon: TJR79! :welcome:

Thank you for the link regarding JD's public defender!

May this be a sign that his father decided to not pay for one? I was under the assumption when they mentioned Private attorney that his dad still believed him. Not with this new information maybe the father is finally starting to see the light and now refuses to pay for his court.

Well, that's a lie. Respectfully, not my opinion, but a fact. If CD said she did ANYTHING for Willow Sunday morning, then that is a bald-faced lie.

Willow was already murdered, ergo big fat lie.

Again, if it's no big deal to go out for the evening after making arrangements for your kiddos, then why lie and say you saw your child and fed her?

It's total BS. And again, the only way it wouldn't have made a difference to finding Willow as far as CD is concerned is if she already knew Willow was dead so lying to make herself look wouldn't jeopardize the recovery of a live Willow.

I keep reading posts saying that her lying lies had no effect on the outcome because Willow was already dead, but SHE DID NOT KNOW THAT! Or did she?

Because those folks who say it didn't matter have the benefit of hindsight. Supposedly, CD was not privy to the truth of Willow's fate so in fact her truthful statement would have been crucial.

I am not wording things real well, but I hope I am making my point that CD's lies matter because unlike us, now, she did not know that the info she gave police wouldn't save Willow.

It probably wasn't a big thing about her being out and her brother watching them but the her going out part may have been a no/no for her parents and she didn't think it was that serious a situation.

Your acting like the first through through her mind when she found out she was gone was that she had been abducted or killed. If it's true that Willow had wandered off before then the first though was probably "ok what is Willow getting herself into now" The lie was no issue to me it could have been made out of panic and a irrational thought that it could be used against her in custody court or that it would cause her parents to kick her out. Also she would have had to trust her brothers word as her own about when Willow was last seen.
I would be much more upset if it comes out that she never talked to JD that day and didn't know when he said he last saw her and the breakfast story was just her making it up completely without some basis in fact.

May this be a sign that his father decided to not pay for one? I was under the assumption when they mentioned Private attorney that his dad still believed him. Not with this new information maybe the father is finally starting to see the light and now refuses to pay for his court.

That's possible or it's also possible he was hoping a high profile attorney would take his case pro bono and when that didn't pan out, he had to go with the Public Defender since he's due in court in less than 48 hours.

If Mom had told the truth about not seeing the children that morning, the investigation would have immediately focused on the last adult who did see them, their uncle.

jmo

I went to the Shelby County news site that another person posted.

Here is a quote from CD's boyfriend's mother:
http://shelbycountynews.net/missing...ardson-resident-patty-clarey-eve-p24742-1.htm

"Everett noted that Ciara Beryke on Sunday morning wasn’t feeling well, and when she went back to bed, Willow and her three-year-old brother were watching television in the living room.

Beryke later woke to find Willow missing, and she asked Willow’s brother where she was and he pointed to the front door."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back