GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In order to put those who loved Willow "out of their misery" I pray he pleads guilty when the time comes. I don't think those Grandparents could take going thru a Trial. So very very sad.

Too lazy to look it up, but ,"not guilty" is some kind of legal maneuvering. Not necessarily related to guilt or not guilt

Yes standard initial plea. I forget the why of it:banghead::floorlaugh:

Well, as a tax paying citizen of this country I am sick to death of the "standard initial plea" then. I don't know why but I take words at their value and meaning. I hate that law has become all about tactics and maneuvers. Just sick!

I think the "not guilty" will either stick and there will be a trial, or it is just put put there in hopes of a deal that would be better than life without parole.

I really hate it when people confess, the evidence all matches and then they plead not guilty. What a waste of money and a terrible strain on those left beind.

I think the "not guilty" will either stick and there will be a trial, or it is just put put there in hopes of a deal that would be better than life without parole.

I really hate it when people confess, the evidence all matches and then they plead not guilty. What a waste of money and a terrible strain on those left beind.

This is especially irritating with Austin Sigg. Her remains were in his HOUSE. And they're trying to get his confession thrown out.

I always forget which states have the death penalty and which don't. Illinoise doesn't does it?

I just hate him saying he "put her out of her misery". Sounds so cold and automatic. He's basically objectifying his niece as an animal. Plus how would he know if she could have been saved, if there was an accident. I smell BS.

My Country does not have the DP either.

I just hate him saying he "put her out of her misery". Sounds so cold and automatic. He's basically objectifying his niece as an animal. Plus how would he know if she could have been saved, if there was an accident. I smell BS.

Yeah like he did her a favor :stormingmad: I guess it does speak volumes as to how he "thinks"

I wish we could go back to trials being a search for the truth. Just and fair. Now seems it's just about winning.

The thing is he confessed to a crime that I don't even know what category it would fall under if it was true. Manslaughter?

But the evidence doesn't match up to what he confessed to. So he's lying from the get go. The only truth he's told apparently is that he and he alone is responsible for the fact that Willow is now deceased. Then again, he's not really even doing that. In a sick way, he's indicating that Willow is responsible for the fact that she is now deceased because she went and mortally impaled herself on a stick. He just helped speed the process along to "end her suffering".

Ridiculous. :stormingmad:

He's not going to get a plea deal here IMO. And if he is holding out for one, he'll be in for a long wait for something that will never happen. After too many motions, delayed trial dates and lengthy drawn out procedures, he will eventually go to trial on three counts of first degree murder. And make his family suffer even more.

This seems to be standard procedure now. Hold out as long as possible for a trial, while waiting somewhat comfortably in a county jail, before the inevitable transfer to a federal prison.

MOO

I wish we could go back to trials being a search for the truth. Just and fair. Now seems it's just about winning.

For the defense lawyers especially. To pad their "resumes". :twocents:

MOO

I'm curious on your opinions, is this normal procedures, pleading not guilty now so as to hopefully get a lesser charge, or does it feel like he's setting up his defense?

All he has to prove is reasonable doubt correct? Now, with the reports of her TOD being on of about Sept. 8th, could he use that to implicate another, causing reasonable doubt? Add to that his "confession" seems to be a way of causing more reasonable doubt, if they do find semen on her, the DNA under her nails, even the defensive wounds, all have a "explanation" in his "confession".

Maybe I'm way off base.

Seriously? You haven't put this family through enough already, so you figured you'd add a lengthy trial? Why don't you just buy a gallon of aquarium salt and rub that in too, eh?

...sickened. <modsnip> I hope he ROTS.

I likely have it wrong from memory but I believe a NG is standard. If he pleads G no Trial. No changing his mind and getting a trial. I think most Lawyers encourage a NG plea at arraignment.

I'm curious on your opinions, is this normal procedures, pleading not guilty now so as to hopefully get a lesser charge, or does it feel like he's setting up his defense?

All he has to prove is reasonable doubt correct? Now, with the reports of her TOD being on of about Sept. 8th, could he use that to implicate another, causing reasonable doubt? Add to that his "confession" seems to be a way of causing more reasonable doubt, if they do find semen on her, the DNA under her nails, even the defensive wounds, all have a "explanation" in his "confession".

Maybe I'm way off base.

IIRC the NG plea is standard for many reasons. One I believe you pointed out. Since we don't know what evidence they have presently it's hard to say. IMO yes a Defense Atty will try to explain every piece of evidence against. As he should. That's their job. IMO

Seems a pattern with Defense Atty's over time. Blame the Police. Blame the forensic lab. Blame some other dude. Blame childhood. Blame the Auntie who once dropped them on their head. Current theme seems to be lets throw in the Victim and blame them too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back