Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. He could have pulled up beside her and asked to see her passport. Looked at it and demanded she come with him bc there was a problem with it. The possibilities are numerous & very frightening. I know I can't sleuth her home. I'm gonna assume that the FBI is using every available resource at their disposal to bring her home.
My kid will be going to a University; away from local community college and I just cannot stand the idea of this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow! There's another scenario I had not thought of. If he did that or impersonated LE she might not be suspicious about where he is driving. Until he does something like enter the interstate and drive east, for example. If he told her he was an Uber driver, she would be concerned when they went past the apartment she wanted to go to.

Oh no. He could have pulled up beside her and asked to see her passport. Looked at it and demanded she come with him bc there was a problem with it. The possibilities are numerous & very frightening. I know I can't sleuth her home. I'm gonna assume that the FBI is using every available resource at their disposal to bring her home.
My kid will be going to a University; away from local community college and I just cannot stand the idea of this.

I suspect there could have been a language or cultural barrier that made Yingying more vulnerable. She has been described as an intelligent, cautious 26 year old woman. I think in most circumstances she would have been unlikely to get into a stranger's vehicle.

The social media post also said the earlier incident happened at Busey and Stoughton. Yingying was abducted at Goodwin and Clark. These locations are just a few blocks from each other, pretty much in the same area. Again, the post was made before any details of the case were revealed, so it seems very likely to be true in my opinion.

I suppose this has been asked and answered, but I may have missed it. Wasn't Yingying abducted off-campus? If so, why am I reading the university police are investigating? This makes seem as though they are the lead LE here. Why not the local PD or state police? I certainly understand the university police being involved, but are they the lead agency?

Wow! There's another scenario I had not thought of. If he did that or impersonated LE she might not be suspicious about where he is driving. Until he does something like enter the interstate and drive east, for example. If he told her he was an Uber driver, she would be concerned when they went past the apartment she wanted to go to.
But here's the concerning part. If you look in the view released you can see that she is immediately no longer visible in the passenger seat. So whatever he did he certainly gained control of her right then bc she isn't visible after they leave where she got into the car. Unless, she was waiting for him, sunk down out of view immediately and had planned to get away. But, how long did she stand at that window b4 she opened the door?

Also, I notice a tag on the front of the vehicle. I know in Ga., Fl. and possibly many other states a vehicle tag is not required on the front, just the back. It looks like a tag to me, could be a name plate but worth a look see. Nothing we can sleuth bc we don't have access to motor vehicle record/registration once we narrowed down the states tht require tags front and back.

If you look in the view released you can see that she is immediately no longer visible in the passenger seat. So whatever he did he certainly gained control of her right then bc she isn't visible after they leave where she got into the car.

I don't think that's the case. In the video that was released on the university police's FB page, it appeared to me that you can still see Yingying's silhouette sitting upright in the passenger seat as the vehicle pulls away. The car seemed to wait a moment before it pulled away, maybe to allow her to put on her seatbelt or something.

I don't know what is involved with assaulting someone in your car, overpowering them, restraining them, disabling them, and the like, but it seems like it would be hard to do while the car is in gear and driving down the road. More than likely he drove somewhere not necessarily remote and secluded, but at least quiet with little traffic going by, put the car in park, and attacked her.

"Give my daughter back," her father said through an interpreter today.

"Ying, be strong, Dad is waiting for you here," he said. "I hope that being a good person you will be safe forever."

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-06-22/give-my-daughter-back.html

She comes from a family of modest means. Her father has worked as a driver for an electrical company and a taxi driver in China. Her mother, who remains in China because family members say she wasn't physically or emotionally up to the task of traveling to the U.S., is a housewife.

"Because the financial situation at home is not great, (Zhang's) goal is to study hard and help the family. Her focus in college was studies," said Ye, the scholar's aunt. "She was between the classroom and the library. She also worked as a tutor so she could earn additional income."

JnRyan You're awesome this makes me feel better.
"There have been reports of a black sedan driving around posing as an
undercover officer and trying to lure women into his car. Is that connected?
Since Ms. Zhang disappeared, we have spoken to at least one person who reported that, and we
gathered valuable information about that encounter. At this point, we do not have information
to say definitively that it is connected, but we also cannot rule it out. It is among the scenarios
which we are investigating.
Have police identified the license plate yet?
We have used vehicle records to identify a list of people who drive that make and model vehicle,
and we’re speaking to people who drive that kind of vehicle."
I knew they were doing this but releasing this info gives me confidence that resolution is hopefully, near.

No toll roads anywhere near this city. Closest are probably Chicago, ~2.5 hours north.
No toll roads but there are interstates, probably 15 minutes from the east side of campus if I recall correctly. I-57 leads to Chicago or southern Illinois, 74 to Bloomington-Normal and 72 to Decatur. It's a pretty straight shot to St. Louis too.

Campus is so quiet in the summer. I always found it a little creepy.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Media advisory: Campus meeting Thursday night for missing scholar support

Representatives from the University of Illinois Police Department, International Student and Scholar Services, Counseling Center and others will meet with members of the campus and Champaign-Urbana communities the evening of Thursday, June 22, to discuss campus support for the search for Yingying Zhang.

The meeting, which is open to the public and the news media, will take place from 6 to 7 p.m. in room 314 of Altgeld Hall, 1409 W. Green St., Urbana.

Because of the sensitive nature of the search, police representatives will not be able to comment on specific details of the ongoing investigation.

I hope we get a morsel of additional information from this session tonight.

Also, something else just struck me as odd, the seller is only asking for 3500$ for a 2008 car with only 76K miles, feel like they could easily get 5-6K for a car in this shape and low mileage, is this person trying to flip this car super quick with a cheap price tag?

Speaking of low asking prices, the owner of the craigslist listing GigTu found and I submitted to LE four days ago is "Asking 1500 or obo."

Another thing I noticed about this listing is "Please no emails. No PayPal. No western union payments." I've never used craigslist, so maybe this isn't usual, though.

Also, it doesn't say anything about how many miles it has, either, so maybe it's high, and thus the price is low.

Plus, it was posted 5 days ago, and the listing is still up, so likely not "the tip" ...:
https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6181687617.html

There is a black saturn astra matching the description that was put up for sale on Facebook last week in St. Paul, MN.

There is also one that is being junked for parts in Bakersfield, CA. Listed on June 19th.

I don't think that's the case. In the video that was released on the university police's FB page, it appeared to me that you can still see Yingying's silhouette sitting upright in the passenger seat as the vehicle pulls away. The car seemed to wait a moment before it pulled away, maybe to allow her to put on her seatbelt or something.

I don't know what is involved with assaulting someone in your car, overpowering them, restraining them, disabling them, and the like, but it seems like it would be hard to do while the car is in gear and driving down the road. More than likely he drove somewhere not necessarily remote and secluded, but at least quiet with little traffic going by, put the car in park, and attacked her.
Well I can tell you that a grown man raring back & throwing the back of his right arm/elbow into your face does the trick and he could maintain control of the car with his left hand. It would stun a person at least for a minute.

In the University of Illinois subreddit, a Monday post from reddit user uiucmurders was headlined "Murder of Yingyang Zhang could be just what the doctor ordered," followed by disapproving comments. The post was removed, but Google still indicated the following additional comment was written: "Maybe if she's found dead, the Chinese infestation of Champaign-Urbana will fade away. I'm so sick of these God-dang Chinese everywhere.

https://patch.com/illinois/champaig...elp-kidnapped-university-illinois-student-fbi

Though public information continues to be an important part of the investigation, detectives are pursuing hundreds of leads.

[video=twitter;878021983170043905]https://twitter.com/SenaitFOXIL/status/878021983170043905[/video]

[video=twitter;878026627241955329]https://twitter.com/SenaitFOXIL/status/878026627241955329[/video]

[video=twitter;878040299393646592]https://twitter.com/MeredithJuliet_/status/878040299393646592[/video]

[video=twitter;878046783691206658]https://twitter.com/cgtnamerica/status/878046783691206658[/video]

JnRyan You're awesome this makes me feel better.
"There have been reports of a black sedan driving around posing as an
undercover officer and trying to lure women into his car. Is that connected?
Since Ms. Zhang disappeared, we have spoken to at least one person who reported that, and we
gathered valuable information about that encounter. At this point, we do not have information
to say definitively that it is connected, but we also cannot rule it out. It is among the scenarios
which we are investigating.
Have police identified the license plate yet?
We have used vehicle records to identify a list of people who drive that make and model vehicle,
and we’re speaking to people who drive that kind of vehicle."
I knew they were doing this but releasing this info gives me confidence that resolution is hopefully, near.

Do you have a link for this please? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixilove