Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but it doesn't take 10+ days to rule out all black Astra owners in a 4 state radius. Astras are unicorns as it is, and a specific color even more so. I would bet that there are perhaps 15-20 black ones in a four state radius. What gives?
I think they already zeroed in on their person of interest. Now it's a matter of officers watching the people connected to the Astra. They aren't going to tell us they're watching them. Just MOO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Also, considering her origin, level of education, and major, could this have something to do with spycraft? Long shot I nkow, but I just cannot believe that they have yet to locate the car or its owner if this was just a "regular" case. JMO.

I think they already zeroed in on their person of interest. Now it's a matter of officers watching the people connected to the Astra. They aren't going to tell us they're watching them. Just MOO.

The only reason I doubt that they have zeroed in on POIs or suspects is because they would have busted down their doors already to try to locate her. Heck, just owning the make and model car and fitting the general description is likely enough probable cause for a warrant.

Also, considering her origin, level of education, and major, could this have something to do with spycraft? Long shot I nkow, but I just cannot believe that they have yet to locate the car or its owner if this was just a "regular" case. JMO.
I also wonder the same thing but haven't been quite brave enough to express it. So yea if we are considering all possibilities.

The only reason I doubt that they have zeroed in on POIs or suspects is because they would have busted down their doors already to try to locate her. Heck, just owning the make and model car and fitting the general description is likely enough probable cause for a warrant.
Actually I'm not sure it is probable cause for a warrant. There were like18,000+ astras manufactured. Idk if a judge would consider owning 1 cause to walk into a home and search it. But they said they are contacting the ppl who own them. So, counting on those contacted to narrow it down to a handful. I may be wrong though idk
But, if they were using their heads she wouldn't be sitting in their house with the Astra outside in the driveway. BUT, if they (LE) think they found the owner, need to follow them to see if they lead officers to a hotel or another home etc. where shes being held alive. Then LE would NOT release the owners info bc they're hoping they'll lead them to her. And that's assuming she's being trafficked or ransomed or used as a slave of some sort. If she's no longer alive they can search every Astra under the sun and unless there's some evidence well, you know the rest.

I agree with this 100%. It's a very particular type of hubcap on this car.

Y'all know it's easy to switch out hubcaps and since that was the defining odd feature if I was trying to hide the car that's the first thing I'd change. I sure hope nobody is discounting any of these cars being the vehicle because of something as easy to change as that

Y'all know it's easy to switch out hubcaps and since that was the defining odd feature if I was trying to hide the car that's the first thing I'd change. I sure hope nobody is discounting any of these cars being the vehicle because of something as easy to change as that
I know and by now the car may be another color. But, hopefully it's listed as black under the tag registration. Idk if people even change that when they renew if they had their car painted. I'm hoping they've considered ALL astras, not just black. I've heard of people putting wrap on their cars too so that's another aesthetic possibility not to overlook.

I know and by now the car may be another color. But, hopefully it's listed as black under the tag registration. Idk if people even change that when they renew if they had their car painted. I'm hoping they've considered ALL astras, not just black. I've heard of people putting wrap on their cars too so that's another aesthetic possibility not to overlook.

Yeah I'm wondering if they are checking with body shops to see if any astray were painted recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW.
In the Daniel Markel murder case, the main clue was the getaway car, a Prius. LE looked high and low asking the public if they saw one.
Turned out the colour was slightly different than the one everyone was watching for. The colour was grey, but also could appear greenish. Ultimately, the car was rented from a Prius car rental business in another state.

FWIW.
In the Daniel Markel murder case, the main clue was the getaway car, a Prius. LE looked high and low asking the public if they saw one.
Turned out the colour was slightly different than the one everyone was watching for. The colour was grey, but also could appear greenish. Ultimately, the car was rented from a Prius car rental business in another state.

I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing a rental car is not likely in this case. The astras were only made in 2008. I don't think rental car companies use vehicles that old.

This was on Page 1. The Chinese news article says that her last phone activity was 2:30 p.m. I wonder if they are confusing the time zones or if there is more phone activity than we've been told. Because police have only said her last communication was at 1:30 p.m. when she texted the landlord to say she would be late. She entered the astra at 2:02 p.m. iirc.

The U of I official police blotter has no reference to any suspicious behavior by anyone in a black vehicle on the 9th or any other day of June.

The last police update on this case says that at least one other female was approached by a man in a black sedan, who pretended to be a police officer, and asked her to enter the vehicle. She refused and called the police. So is this true that there was no activity on the police blotter on June 9th? If a young woman called the police and reported this, and they did not even bother to look into, that's unacceptable in my opinion.

The last police update on this case says that at least one other female was approached by a man in a black sedan, who pretended to be a police officer, and asked her to enter the vehicle. She refused and called the police. So is this true that there was no activity on the police blotter on June 9th? If a young woman called the police and reported this, and they did not even bother to look into, that's unacceptable in my opinion.
Idk what a "police blotter" refers to. Does it only include 911 calls? Or calls made to the non-emergency number as well? If those reports were made to campus security it may have been non-emergency. This would probably be listed as a suspicious person or police impersonation idk. Probably depends on how the officers reported it. The girl may not have followed through in officially reporting it until later. I wonder why it's not listed unless thy wanted to keep it under wraps until thy could investigate within the department, yikes....that's scary.

I just checked the U of I Police blotter. It states: on June 9th at 9:29AM a call came in for false impersonation of a peace officer which occurred at roughly Busey Ave and Stoughton St at 9:20AM.

the closest encounter with this incident was that bicyclist and the white car behind astra, looks like something drew his attention over that direction. he probably saw something happened there. I'm wondering if he's come forward yet or FBI found him. he's certainly a uiuc student.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 326
Family of missing scholar has a message

Liqin Ye - "To the person who did this, please be kind to her and let her come back."

This is the plea of a heartbroken family. Despite the tears in their eyes, they're keeping hope in their hearts for her safe return.

Liqin*Ye -*"Your grandmother and mother are waiting for you at home. You have to be persistent and fight because we are all waiting for you."

She came to the U of I to study agriculture. But above that, she came to the U.S. to provide for her family. She worked very hard to give all she could to them, and they would give anything to get her back home.

Liqin*Ye - "As a family we are obviously deeply worried and concerned and felt the progress is never fast enough. But we understand that law enforcement are doing the very best they can and we appreciate that."

Thursday evening, the FBI made a statement on the case. While they can't give out details, they assured people they have made progress and have more agents working on this specific case than they do in 84 other counties combined.

FBI has made search for missing UI scholar a top priority

Holloways said updates on the case are sent a minimum of two times a day to the office of the acting director of the FBI in Washington, D.C.

"We are not where we were when this investigation started. We are not even close," he said.

And updates on Zhang are being regularly sent to all 56 FBI field offices around the country.

Holloway explained why details on the case have been withheld from the public so far.

"There are going to be a lot of questions about the investigation that I cannot answer. Anything I say here will be heard by the abductor," he said. "It would jeopardize our efforts to locate her and to bring her abductor to justice."

Holloway said that, when authorities get evidence, the FBI will make sure that they have "rock-solid chain of custody."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0