Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #11 *GUILTY*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The ones who lost the most, YingYing Zhang, her family, and her loved ones and friends have set an example to be respected and considered. Their strength of character and composure as well as their bravery in continuing to commit to their love for a gifted young woman at all costs speaks for itself. But anyone touched by this case has experienced loss, including people who are likely to be stigmatized by the actions of an individual they may know personally. Even after the arrest of the man eventually convicted, I was publicly scrutinized online. Though I remained silent of my own volition, I was watching and taking note with the hope that one day, I could speak out to encourage people to not make assumptions about those associated with criminals. I have no case-related information to provide that is not public knowledge, but I do plead that people consider the impact their words may have on those who found themselves entangled with a criminal. I assure you, it is not something I would wish upon anyone.

I understand hunger for more information, for pieces to fit together, for things to make sense. But with hunger comes responsibility to choose actions and words that reflect something more than instinct. Our human ability to choose to act and speak in a way that is contrary to our primal instincts is part of our humanity that is too precious to lose. I hope these words do not seem harsh or judge mental.

The kind welcome and words of affirmation are greatly appreciated, more than words can adequately express. Please forgive me if there are questions I cannot answer or if I don’t post frequently. I did not post for recognition, though you have my heartfelt thanks for it should you choose to offer it. Instead, I posted to express my own gratitude and, hopefully, to make a meaningful contribution.
WE WANT TO FIND YING YING.
More than anything .
And we do not know what is required to fulfil that want so she can be given back to her family.
They want that more than anything.
We want that for them too.
Some of us are prepared to do whatever-it-takes to locate her remains.
Her mum needs this.
We must find her.
That's all that's left to do. Nothing else matters.

I know you didn't post for recognition.
I was re-reading texts last night and I was startled at your honesty in them. You were feeling bad at the time but you never allowed it become an excuse for any of your behaviour.
That was evidence of an awful lot of work on yourself and great strength too.

I sincerely hope you stick around, I know that being close to somebody who engages in criminality does not give one psychic or other instincts, quite the opposite is my own experience.
But if you get any idea of a place worth searching I reckon the UofI police are still pretty open to ideas and they would take a look...

I'd like to see a whole new search starting at his apartment and branching out in all directions within walking distance first, then a wider search as resources become available.
We're grasping at straws here, I know, I do but we must give it one more shot, I believe.
As you said they have shown themselves to be true humans.
They deserve this.

I'm not clear on how this notion is perceived in general.

I’m inclined to believe she’s in the landfill because he’s too lazy to have done anything else. I’m not sure how I feel about a landfill search at this point. It seems it’s often not successful, and after two years, I doubt it would be. I’ve seen searches like this come up empty after much less time. I feel like the chances of finding her are minuscule. I know it’s what the family needs, but I’m just not sure it’s possible to find her. Actually, what the family needs is for this to have never happened and for YY to be alive and well, but that isn’t possible to give them either, no matter how much our hearts break not to be able to do so.

I don’t know how they are keeping her mother alive, how they are keeping her from not giving in to despair. I worry that after this is over and they are home, whether YY is found or not, something will happen to the mother. Sometimes I think she could literally die of a broken heart.

RBBM

Yes. I worry a lot about the mother as well. Prayers for her and the rest of Yingying's Family and Friends.

ETA: Welcome, @TEB , and thank you for your words of wisdom.

Hi TEB! Thank you for checking in here. I feel like I have many (positive) things I'd like to say to you, but need a moment to collect them all in my mind before doing so. Your words are powerful and I need to soak them in.
I hope you're as ok as could be expected under the circumstances.

I also suggest you become verified if you intend to keep posting here. I'd love to include you in the discussion.
I just wanted to say a few words.

Thank you to everyone who kept this thread going for over two years. They have been a long two years for many people, but I wanted to affirm that watching people come together, across national and cultural and even political and ideological boundaries has been affirming despite there being no comfort or closure for those placed at the mercy of this crime.

Sometimes there will be cases where witnesses, informants, loved ones, or even victims themselves can only watch silently as social media and news stations play a game of telephone, trying to piece together that which is known publicly as best as they can with the information provided, or lack thereof.

I do not speak for investigators, law enforcement, or members prosecution. I also do not speak for the family, who should be the human focus, not the criminal seeking attention. I speak as a woman who has learned how to find meaning in life only after seeing the anguish left in the wake of death. I will never feel ordinary again because I have learned the deep-seated strength it takes to love with grace and measured humility from Ms. Zhang’s family, and I hope to honor her memory by continuing her legacy of being someone who wants to help.

Please exercise caution when considering words that come from the man who has been convicted. Please do not give him the satisfaction of having a name at the cost of a life that was never his to take. And please continue to treat all those involved with investigations with respect. They could be watching.

The actions of one man will never reflect any communities that are scapegoated for criminal behavior. I would ask that anyone reading this afford GRSM (Gender, Romantic, and Sexual Minority) communities and their members with respect. There is much outrage in these communities about the behavior of a criminal incorrectly claiming to be part of any such honor bound cultural community. I would ask the same respect be extended to those who cope with substance abuse and mental health issues. There are many who cope with these difficulties without committing crimes.

I did my best on the stand to not draw attention to myself, but to be a voice for what I experienced as objectively as possible. I was only there to be a face for the information I was provided by the man convicted of the crime. In the process, however, I expended conscientious efforts to not promote the scape-goat mentalities that have harmed many throughout history.

I have given all I can to this case.

All of you have my deepest gratitude for having the tenacity to keep these threads going and for the respect you have shown.

Life is too short to be ordinary. Please live YingYing Zhang’s wisdom in your own lives to honor her.

TEB

Thank you for posting here. I believe that the contribution you made to convict this killer was significant. I agree about the attempt to make more "salicious" become the focus rather than the actions of the killer and the human face of the victim. I absolutely applaud you for coming forth to do what you could do to get justice for Ms. Zhang.

Thank you to everyone who kept this thread going for over two years. They have been a long two years for many people, but I wanted to affirm that watching people come together, across national and cultural and even political and ideological boundaries has been affirming despite there being no comfort or closure for those placed at the mercy of this crime.

Sometimes there will be cases where witnesses, informants, loved ones, or even victims themselves can only watch silently as social media and news stations play a game of telephone, trying to piece together that which is known publicly as best as they can with the information provided, or lack thereof.

I do not speak for investigators, law enforcement, or members prosecution. I also do not speak for the family, who should be the human focus, not the criminal seeking attention. I speak as a woman who has learned how to find meaning in life only after seeing the anguish left in the wake of death. I will never feel ordinary again because I have learned the deep-seated strength it takes to love with grace and measured humility from Ms. Zhang’s family, and I hope to honor her memory by continuing her legacy of being someone who wants to help.

Please exercise caution when considering words that come from the man who has been convicted. Please do not give him the satisfaction of having a name at the cost of a life that was never his to take. And please continue to treat all those involved with investigations with respect. They could be watching.

The actions of one man will never reflect any communities that are scapegoated for criminal behavior. I would ask that anyone reading this afford GRSM (Gender, Romantic, and Sexual Minority) communities and their members with respect. There is much outrage in these communities about the behavior of a criminal incorrectly claiming to be part of any such honor bound cultural community. I would ask the same respect be extended to those who cope with substance abuse and mental health issues. There are many who cope with these difficulties without committing crimes.

I did my best on the stand to not draw attention to myself, but to be a voice for what I experienced as objectively as possible. I was only there to be a face for the information I was provided by the man convicted of the crime. In the process, however, I expended conscientious efforts to not promote the scape-goat mentalities that have harmed many throughout history.

All of you have my deepest gratitude for having the tenacity to keep these threads going and for the respect you have shown.

Life is too short to be ordinary. Please live YingYing Zhang’s wisdom in your own lives to honor her.

TEB

TEB

I hope I'm not being out of line here, but I just have to ask you this. Did BC ever mention the old Johnson Ross plant to you? There is a small group of us that believe he may have used it as a hiding place.
Me in particular, as I worked there years ago and know of the many nooks and crannies therein. Also there were places where the fence is accessible. The fact that he walked along that fence o often on the way to his gym added to the fact that it was mostly unused at that time just really makes me think he could have.
I do not mean to put you on the spot here, but I've spent going on 2 years trying to get that place searched and have gotten nowhere.

I was actually referring to these

https://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/sites/ilcd/files/Govt Ex 14-8.pdf
and this in particular
https://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/sites/ilcd/files/Govt Ex 14-7.pdf

https://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/sites/ilcd/files/Govt Ex 14-5.pdf

Are these seriously just about the initial attack prior to bringing her back to his apartment?

(above are photographs from inside of his car, after super cleanings)
https://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/sites/ilcd/files/Govt Ex 14-5.pdf

So what was all the cleaning about if he was just carrying her to the dumpster?

This is the problem.

From. The exhibits, it looks like blood splatter onto the door panel. Multiple hits onto the panel. Maybe that is how he disabled her so fast . She was not ready for an attack for sure. One hit to the nose and she would be bleeding...what a monster.

Thank you for this @Webthrush.
I don't know if I will ever stop crying.
I just hope Divine love surrounds and protects them all the days of their lives.
YingYing, you have inspired a universe. Love to you girl.

yeah, a completely draining week… so much sadness for YY (especially as a young, innocent guest in our nation, and only child)... but also 3 mass shootings in my country in one week, on top of the (almost routine) countless other individual victims of violence/murder; it just goes on and on and on without an end in sight. Wish I could say something positive/encouraging, but honestly it's not in me right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back