Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't believe Yingying agreed to get into his car to go and look at his apartment. It seems to me that she might have had prior interactions with him so she felt comfortable enough getting into his vehicle.
I doubt she had any prior interaction with him before considering how anti social he is. Plus it wouldn't have taken a whole minute to convince her to get in his car if she knew him and was running late. He was circling the block like a shark who found prey.

Wow...it's taken me a couple of hours to catch up after taking a break from this thread for the holiday! After reading lots of thoughts and opinions, I just want to re-iterate my personal beliefs about this case which I had shared many, many pages back :) All IMO.

1) Being a local, I know he had plenty of ways to get out of town to more remote areas, based on the direction he was headed. He could've continued heading North, gone East or West, and gotten to either the interstate, or continued on to country roads which would've taken him to many secluded and rural areas. A lot of people are still speculating on how he got her into the apartment (and I know that's what we do on WS!), but I do not believe he ever took her there. What other locals have said is 100% accurate. I consider CU to be a fairly populated, busy college town. But go a few miles in any direction and you hit country, farm land, trees, rivers, you name it.
2) I do not believe he has done this in the past. I agree with what another poster said about him being a very rare type of criminal. I think he lived out fantasy via the web, online gaming, and BDSM types of encounters from fellow members of FetLife. I think he had twisted, morbid thoughts that came to life via an extremely chance encounter. YZ was petite, of Asian decent, and appeared totally helpless in that moment. BC is obsessed with dominance and control. He went by her once, saw his opportunity, and came back to kidnap her, making his fantasy a reality.
3) He is a narcissist and a sociopath. He enjoyed this crime and felt he 100% got away with it, even after authorities came to his apartment with a search warrant. He planned to go to the rally for YZ and enjoyed that as well. He kept 100% control over his companion during that time. I think that entire event had him very excited.
4) I think the FBI either has YZ's body already or has EXTREMELY reliable information that she is deceased. I agree with others that he may have taken photos or video, so they know she is deceased, but may not know where she is. They kept her family in the dark the entire time they were surveying him, maybe they've kept her family in the dark about this as well?
5) <modsnip> but something about Evan Bruno's comments have stood out to me. Wait until we hear the whole story, and there is way more to this than the public knows. I'm anxious to find out what this could be. <modsnip> A threesome fantasy gone wrong? Could another key player have just has much inside info and involvement as BC? I think more surprises are to come.

This is all IMHO and I'm not an expert on any of the above, just wanted to share :)

It comes up briefly in this old interview, mentioning a summer roofing job he had (among other interesting tidbits):
http://www.youthink.com/news_view.cfm?fn=/newsletter/news217.html
[scroll to bottom of page where interview is]

'Thanks for the link again .. I have been wracking my brain trying to remember where this was.

He claimed to be a roofer who had fallen off a roof and broken both of his arms.

For some reason, the two broken arms incident/comment has bothered me, but ai cnsnot put a finger on why.

I believe him that he offered to take her to the One North apartment, and that she panicked when he made a wrong turn.

Just wanted to respond to this: Chinese people generally don't like turning people down. At the very least, they wouldn't outright say no.

Both your comments are possible, but I have the impression she was a very cautious person. She had a purpose (to get to the lease signing) and in my opinion she would need a good reason to trust whoever the person in the car may have been. I think (JMO) he had a ruse such as an LE badge or used his time as a "professor at the university" and I see you there, are you OK?). Something made her feel he was a trustworthy stranger or someone she knew from seeing on campus. She did not seem hesitant or afraid getting in the car, from what little I can see in the abduction video.

I think the the reason she got in the car is a key component.

I doubt she had any prior interaction with him before considering how anti social he is. Plus it wouldn't have taken a whole minute to convince her to get in his car if she knew him and was running late. He was circling the block like a shark who found prey.

I don't know. A minute isn't that long to have a short chat about where she was going and how she missed her bus. She might have been weighing up her options and decided to just accept the lift as she didn't want to be late. If she's seen him around campus she might have felt safer accepting a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about what possibly BC's defense will be. To my mind, even if there is no video, the circumstantial evidence is very strong. He admits she was in his car, he admits he lied to the police by telling them he was only playing video games, he admits he changed his story, he admits she panicked in the car, and he probably has to admit that he was at the rally. Plus he would have to admit he knew she was missing, yet never called the cops and let them know - 'hey no need to look for the car. it's totally innocent.' On top of that, they also have some sort of confession on audio. Just with this evidence alone, it's a strong case. You don't even need to get to the Fetlife stuff - that info provides motive and rounds out the case but it is strong without it.

How could you defend that? Sure, his story -that he let her out - is possible. But is it reasonable? I don't think so. You would have to believe she encountered a second dangerous person within one half hour, which is just not a reasonable assumption to make. Or you would have to believe she was a runaway which again is not reasonable.

I am a bit disturbed that the attorney asks the public to keep an "open mind." Open mind about what? It would have to be about the fetlife stuff. I just hope he does not make a story about that world and argues a role playing gone bad angle. Again such an argument would not be reasonable. That may be an argument he could make but it's not reasonable.

I was always troubled by why she went in the car. Someone mentioned maybe she did not speak english well. I think that combined with the fact that she probably wanted to appear polite could have caused her problems. I found myself in a situation (I live in a major city) where I was hailing a taxi and some random guy asked me if I wanted a ride. I said no, i don't need a ride, but for a split second, I felt it was impolite of me to downright lie and stand there waving for a taxi. Sometimes women's wanting to be polite cannot be a good thing. This case reminds me how I need to be impolite sometimes.

I know people have been stating that possibly LE knows Yingying is deceased but body not recoverable. How so? How can her body not be recoverable in terms of tissue, blood, remains, bones? There's always something that can be recovered, even if it's bone fragments. I'm following a case where a woman is presumed to have been incinerated and there is are no remains of her found (yet) and the perps are charged in her first degree murder. If BC has photos on his phone of Yingying alive and bound, then they know he took her but not that he killed her.

Sorry, many pages and still catching up. Want to post this before I forget, someone like this likely has a tinder - has anyone checked for it? If not, I'm going to Chicago in 3 hours for a business trip.

Has anyone seen any more on this possibility, that he may have been attempting to lure other women into his car, posed as an undercover officer? This is one of the questions answered on the Search Updates page
http://police.illinois.edu/search-updates/

There have been reports of a black sedan whose driver poses as an undercover police officer to lure people into the car. Is that connected?

Detectives were alerted to that report via social media after the investigation began. We have spoken to at least one person who reported that, and we gathered valuable information about that encounter. At this point, we do not have information to say definitively that it is connected, but we also cannot rule it out. It is among the scenarios which we are investigating.

Sorry, many pages and still catching up. Want to post this before I forget, someone like this likely has a tinder - has anyone checked for it? If not, I'm going to Chicago in 3 hours for a business trip.

I guess he does, if it's his profile people should post his account or username on here. I've asked about POF and no one has posted it yet. It's allowed.

Has anyone seen any more on this possibility, that he may have been attempting to lure other women into his car, posed as an undercover officer? This is one of the questions answered on the Search Updates page
http://police.illinois.edu/search-updates/

There have been reports of a black sedan whose driver poses as an undercover police officer to lure people into the car. Is that connected?

Detectives were alerted to that report via social media after the investigation began. We have spoken to at least one person who reported that, and we gathered valuable information about that encounter. At this point, we do not have information to say definitively that it is connected, but we also cannot rule it out. It is among the scenarios which we are investigating.

I'm curious about this too. I have a feeling it is him. It involves roleplaying so it totally fits with what he gives as interests on fetlife.

I think he is only anti social with men! I think hes very smoothe with women.
Maybe men intimidate him. If that was him in the video he was very cozey with the woman. Jmo

The article is several days old, but an aunt told how cautious YZ was. I just don't see her getting in the car with someone she was not familiar with or who seemed to be a legitimate police officer (or similar) :

(CNN)Yingying Zhang is so cautious, she warned her aunt in China to "be careful" when going out and to avoid using shared ride services.

"You never know who it is," Liqin Ye recalled her niece saying.
But Zhang, a University of Illinois student, may have had a false sense of security in the United States. And that could have led to her disappearance, her family told CNN.

www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/us/chinese-scholar-disappearance-family-speaks/index.html

They are spinning things that operate under control of a motor or wind. They can be stopped with a switch off of power, or applying the breaks - respectively.
I know that but a massive windmill may give some a feeling of unstoppable once it spins. Some may feel they are like a gigantic grinder spinning with tremendous force and blades exposed without guard. BTW, a typical modern windmill is so massive that some may feel so vulnerably if he stands close to it. Just guessing.

Yes someone referenced his tinder. He had an account at like every single free dating site it seems.

I know that but a massive windmill may give some a feeling of unstoppable once it spins. Some may feel they are like a gigantic grinder spinning with tremendous force and blades exposed without guard. BTW, a typical modern windmill is so massive that some may feel so vulnerably if he stands close to it. Just guessing.

Someone like BC who seems to enjoy being in control is probably having a harder time than most would in prison where he has absolutely no control.

I guess he does, if it's his profile people should post his account or username on here. I've asked about POF and no one has posted it yet. It's allowed.

Way back in this thread people posted about POF. I think there are lots of posts that detail his account names too, I am not sure where they would be but they would be toward the beginning of this thread.

Way back in this thread people posted about POF. I think there are lots of posts that detail his account names too, I am not sure where they would be but they would be toward the beginning of this thread.

I know someone on here said she turned him down and he was very rude afterwards (POF) but no one ever posted his profile. We got his okcupid and fetlife but not POF and tinder.

Someone like BC who seems to enjoy being in control is probably having a harder time than most would in prison where he has absolutely no control.

I agree. You can see the anger in his mugshot. I bet his refusing to disclose YY's whereabout is also a resistance against being controlled by LE.

If you only gave YY a lift that day but found out your car was captured in the video and you are listed POI, what would you do? You would report to the LE asap to clear yourself. The chance of BC not knowing YY's disappearance and the saturn astra thing are extremely small and can be easily verified, for example by his browsing history or by his roommate. His not coming foreword in time shows he is guilty at least for abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper