Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can be extremely introverted (not the same as antisocial btw) and force yourself to be outgoing. I do it almost every day at work and yes, it's highly exhausting. What would you say makes him antisocial vs introverted? I don't go out of my way to talk to someone on an elevator, I don't like crowds of people, and I certainly wouldn't make small talk in a gym class. This makes me introverted, but not antisocial.

I'm like you. I don't do well in crowds and don't like to start conversations with people I don't know. I have very bad social anxiety. My husband is not an introvert. He just doesn't seem to like meeting new people. He prefers our small group of family and friends and won't put himself out for other people. Our son has severe autism and I have often wondered if my husband is on the spectrum. Either that or he is just horrible lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's referred to audio recording in the criminal complaint. See #26

attachment.php

Thanks for this! Then how come people are speculating that he confessed this info via FetLife or a text message?

I'm like you. I don't do well in crowds and don't like to start conversations with people I don't know. I have very bad social anxiety. My husband is not an introvert. He just doesn't seem to like meeting new people. He prefers our small group of family and friends and won't put himself out for other people. Our son has severe autism and I have often wondered if my husband is on the spectrum. Either that or he is just horrible lol!

Yes, same with me. I have anxiety in terms of social interactions, large groups of people, small talk with strangers, etc. This is very different than being antagonistic towards social norms and communicating with people.

Yes, same with me. I have anxiety in terms of social interactions, large groups of people, small talk with strangers, etc. This is very different than being antagonistic towards social norms and communicating with people.

I don't believe my husband has antisocial personality disorder. I just think he doesn't like to be sociable. I think there is a huge difference. I wonder where BC falls.

Hi all,

You've all been busy here....

Elainera said:
snipped out link....
Judge Denies Bond for Suspect in Chinese Scholar Kidnapping
A federal judge south of Chicago has denied bond for an Illinois man suspected of kidnapping Chinese scholar Yingying Zhang.
I thought the bond hearing was still to come?

No, the bond hearing was on Wednesday at 3pm Central - oh wait that hasn't happened yet? :confused: as you are now....

A "Detention Hearing" is scheduled for Friday, July 14th at 10am Central - but might be waived if Grand Jury comes back before then.

snipped by me....
Once the charge involves murder, that is a state charge. It would only be federal murder if it involved federal jxn like if committed on a natural park or military or federal building or whatnot.

Also, that weirdo kid that shot those 9 people in the church. He had a federal court trial, and then the State convicted him also.

Thanks for all the tweets liltexan! By the way - the kitty in your Avatar - is he/she yours? :cat:

Good to see locals here to give a "lay of the land" so to speak!

I believe she probably had seen him on campus and that's why she got into his car. JMO!

K - I missed the meaning of "POF" - ??

Unforunately the hearing is at 3pm CT, and it will be 11pm my time - I'll be already in bed - so will have to catch up with you all tomorrow.

I don't believe my husband has antisocial personality disorder. I just think he doesn't like to be sociable. I think there is a huge difference. I wonder where BC falls.

I still lean more towards the charming, Ted Bundy type. It would be hard for him to get a stranger into his car, and be all cozied up with his date during the rally, if he had antisocial tendencies.

Hi all,

You've all been busy here....

No, the bond hearing was on Wednesday at 3pm Central - oh wait that hasn't happened yet? :confused: as you are now....

A "Detention Hearing" is scheduled for Friday, July 14th at 10am Central - but might be waived if Grand Jury comes back before then.

Also, that weirdo kid that shot those 9 people in the church. He had a federal court trial, and then the State convicted him also.

Thanks for all the tweets liltexan! By the way - the kitty in your Avatar - is he/she yours? :cat:

Good to see locals here to give a "lay of the land" so to speak!

I believe she probably had seen him on campus and that's why she got into his car. JMO!

K - I missed the meaning of "POF" - ??

Unforunately the hearing is at 3pm CT, and it will be 11pm my time - I'll be already in bed - so will have to catch up with you all tomorrow.

POF is Plenty of Fish, a dating site.

It's entirely possible. Good thinking. I know by law that whomever BC was bragging to had to have consented to the audio recording (because at least one party must consent), and it makes the most sense that it would be with someone who was into abductions. But, he wasn't role playing, even if they were... in faux. I imagine their eyes bugged out of their heads when he went into what happened next, which I assume is why LE believes she is no longer alive. :(

IMO, law enforcement could have obtained a court order permitting them to wiretap.

http://physics.illinois.edu/people/excellent-teachers/ranked-as-excellent.asp

According to this, the only year he was found to be an "excellent teaching assistant: was in the summer of 2026 (nothing there for 2017 at this time). I only did a quick look through, though.

ETA.... I AM WRONG... see my post #939 for correction. he is there.

I was on that same list when I was a TA there. Please keep in mind this is a campus-wide list and there are hundreds of names listed per semester per list. Also, keep in mind physics courses are pretty rigidly structured by the faculty in charge of the course so as long as the T.A. is perceived as fair and timely in their grading, they will probably make the list. See for yourselves how many names there are per list and how broad the criteria is for inclusion on the list here: http://citl.illinois.edu/citl-101/m...aluations-(ices)/teachers-ranked-as-excellent

Can you tell us why you are uncomfortable with those things? Thanks.

I am the obsessive type, and have been through many periods of unwanted thoughts, morbid ones mostly.

Garbage disposals, one flick of the switch while your hand is in there (the switch is always right next the light switch!) and major irreversible injury. Gore. :-(

Modern windmills intimidate me due to their size, their uniformity, and their numbers. There's never other structures near them, it's just them. They remind me of an army or a cemetery. It also makes me uncomfortable that windmills have a kind of optical illusion. How big are they really? I dunno. After thinking about it, I don't think I'd have an issue with a single windmill.

I do drive through the windmill hills in California on occasion, and it's like roller coaster excitement. Not exactly a *fear*, but I'm definitely more amped during those drives than most, lol.
Look at this... it's weird.
usca9769.jpeg

Without traipsing through nasty sewer drains, is there other access outside of the university? He lost access to UI after graduation, didn't he?

My guess is that they are somewhat the same-- this was the late 70's and early 80"s, it's the heating and cooling systems. Many buildings are connected. You didn't at that time have to be in a building to get to the steam tunnels. You can see them from outside and access. After a few arrests, for "playing" in them they were more secure. Not sure is my answer. I have been thinking more since I posted this that there are more likely scenarios if he did indeed get her up to his apartment and kill her there.

Having dinner the other night with former alumni and a current resident near campus this was the discussion the number one thought regarding where is she? The cornfields surrounding Chambana. That seemed to be the first thought. It will be another couple of months or at least six more weeks time harvest and near impossible to search without a general idea.

The other thing and not to get to gruesomely detailed is that he might of "parceled" her up and disposed of her in different places like sewers, garbage, etc. Maybe they have evidence of something like this from the apartment. Which would explain why no searching. And things you don't think about in public places, large trash compactors, garbage incinerators, recycling centers. So spoiler alert: Until there was a horrible accident at a local grocery store I had no idea how large the compactors were they are room size. You get the idea.

Or even maybe they think she is actually alive and being held somewhere. Though this would be something they would want people on the look out for -- you would think.

We might never know where her body is. If it is never found he may not be charged with murder. If he is not let's hope his kidnapping charges stick. At least that would be for life.

He may also may not have been alone in this, there is still that slim possibility, and they are laying in wait to capture an accomplice to the the second half of his deviant acts.

I still lean more towards the charming, Ted Bundy type. It would be hard for him to get a stranger into his car, and be all cozied up with his date during the rally, if he had antisocial tendencies.

Don't you think that "hanging all over someone" in public, in a possessive manner, is antisocial behavior? Or, at the very least, rude?
(I don't mean as antisocial in the mental health field. Just antisocial.)

:rolleyes:

I believe BC listed on his profile that he liked home movies. I wonder if he recorded his attack to replay his cruelty. If so, this could be why LE believes she is no longer alive.
You wonder how a grad student with a teaching stipend wastes so much "free" time online. I get that he had/has a roomie/spouse to help with expenses. It looks like he's been spiraling downward since dropping out of the Ph.D. program.

Thanks for this! Then how come people are speculating that he confessed this info via FetLife or a text message?

Trying figure out what about this crime makes it a federal matter. Use of Internet would qualify, I believe.

Don't you think that "hanging all over someone" in public, in a possessive manner, is antisocial behavior? Or, at the very least, rude?
(I don't mean as antisocial in the mental health field. Just antisocial.)

:rolleyes:

No, I don't associate controlling/possessive behaviors to be similar to antisocial behaviors at all. Antisocial people are typically unwilling to act "normal" in social settings and are typically outwardly hostile. He just doesn't fit that to me. Internally I do thing he had horrible, evil thoughts, but presented himself as an entirely different person in public.

Just to be clear the steam tunnels and sewers are not the same thing. The steam tunnels air part of the heating system for the older buildings on campus and there are interconnecting tunnels for what purpose not sure under a lot of the buildings.

Trying figure out what about this crime makes it a federal matter. Use of Internet would qualify, I believe.

Because kidnapping is a federal offense stems from the time of the Ling berg Baby Abduction.

The advisor did say he was not asked to leave, but I just had a thought about that that about something I should have remembered earlier.

My husband is a faculty member at a university. A few years ago there was a murder committed by another professor. My husband knew everyone involved very well. A friend of his met up with a NY Times reporter, who interviewed my husband. My husband said he thought the murderer was unbalanced. The university found out about this and called my husband, told him that he was not to speak with a reporter ever again, or they would not help him with an attorney if there was ever a legal case involving him related to the case. Later, the victim's family tried to sue the university, saying they should have known the professor would try to kill someone. I believe the university wanted my husband to stay quiet, anticipating the family might do this in the future. My husband did stay quiet, but he never understood the threat. There was no chance he was going to be sued for anything.

The reason I tell this story is because the graduate advisor may have been told to downplay any signs of emotional issues with BC, anticipating the family of YZ might want to sue the university if it were known the he was at all dangerous.

And, this is why I Love CITIGIRL! One smart cookie always ready to share real possibilities and examples to back up her
point. My example would be, "Hey, you have to leave the department because you are harassing the women and refuse to attend our University's Required Training on Understanding Sexual Assault. You have been a great TA, a brilliant student, even turning in all your paperwork on time. (Gotta throw that in) So, you can get thrown out of the program, which would look awful on your resume, or you
can take classes in another department/area and walk out of here with a Master's Degree. It is your choice!" And guess what......a person could "honestly say, IT WAS HIS CHOICE."
It just sounded like canned spin to me

I'm thinking about a lot of workplace human resource strategies used to get a less than agreeable worker off the property.
Maybe I don't have the full understanding of his particular situation....but hey, this is all theory...until his attorney writes a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member