Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another video and angle (from behind) of BC at the Thur. rally with companion(?), via local news media (apologies if it's already been posted):
[video=twitter;881968352058650624]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Eades/status/881968352058650624[/video]

I cannot even imagine what the young woman he was with in this video can be thinking now. And his wife and their poor families. I know the worst victims are YingYing and her family, but the damage and pain will ripple in many places for a long time.

We know from BC's social media that his preferred relationship is one which includes multiple partners and that he actively pursued this inclination.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.okcupid.com/profile/WorldsApart689

That graphic of "other" is creepy.
attachment.php

Attachments

• other.png
    other.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 514
He and his wife came in like usual up until his arrest. We saw them last week.

In general, they kept to themselves while most regulars make small talk. But they were polite, courteous gym people. They were very focused on their individual weight lifting workouts when there. It was a bit odd that they didn't interact more with the other kids their age, but I just thought they were socially reserved.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I knew a school shooter (via hs) who also had UIUC connections, lovely. I was creeped out by him as a freshman (he was a senior) and I avoided him the rest of the year until he graduated. Ten years later, I saw his picture on the news and wasn't particularly surprised.

Policewoman/crime writer Ann Rule worked next to Ted Bundry on a crisis hotline and wrote The Stranger Beside Me. The guy I knew was noticeably creepy (although I barfed after hearing the initial stories about how normal he was - no, he was not), but some are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Members who know case players are encouraged to become verified so that they may share their knowledge of the person(s) involved without fear of their posts being removed. Unverified persons who share information about case players are subject to their posts being removed.

If you feel you have information to share that cannot be gleaned from Main Stream Media please read and follow the instructions at the LINK

I knew a school shooter (via hs) who also had UIUC connections, lovely. I was creeped out by him as a freshman (he was a senior) and I avoided him the rest of the year until he graduated. Ten years later, I saw his picture on the news and wasn't particularly surprised.

Policewoman/crime writer Ann Rule worked next to Ted Bundry on a crisis hotline and wrote The Stranger Beside Me. The guy I knew was noticeably creepy (although I barfed after hearing the initial stories about how normal he was - no, he was not), but some are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I knew him too. Yes...creepy.

[video=twitter;882013084633636864]https://twitter.com/cgtnamerica/status/882013084633636864[/video]

oh wow ... what a thought!

It looks as if the person recording was trained on him. I wonder if that video comes directly from LE and they had a plant walking with everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The look on his face is definitely creepy and the color, zipper pull and top handle do match her backpack.

I cannot view the video. Is anyone able to do a screen capture so I may see the backpack? TIA

Interesting too that in the picture (the one taken by CNN according to their article) he is standing alone, kinda lurking, then later in the video he is not alone. If I am not mistaken they are one and the same event. LE probably has more stuff from people at the rally or the media covering it.

I cannot view the video. Is anyone able to do a screen capture so I may see the backpack? TIA

ae6fea21846052f64829a49dc06496db.jpg

56a643626566fa4f74f9e1e85a77108c.png

IMO they look different but I suppose Yingying's zipper could have been more exposed if the flap was up. Would love to have more eyes on it though.

Here is a short clip on YouTube, if you're able to watch that?

[video=youtube;QUmIRpJatP8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUmIRpJatP8[/video]

The first video I only saw the side of the backpack. The second video gives a clearer shot and you can see they aren't the same.
d6077132b3987eaad9c0148adf2f2e8a.png

It looks as if the person recording was trained on him. I wonder if that video comes directly from LE and they had a plant walking with everyone.

Looks like a standard news shot to me, panning with people walking then landing on the sign at the end. Probably just one of many cutaway and coverage shots. Nothing strange about it except the fact that he's there and appears to be very conscious of the camera IMO.

I made the photo of BC+backpack lighter, so it can be seen more clearly. Not the same backpack imo.

YingyingZhangbackpackFilePhoto-595x897.jpg

ae6fea21846052f64829a49dc06496db.jpg

Ah, ok- thanks for the information. I was out of town a lot of this weekend so I'm still catching up a bit and have not read the criminal complaint.

I'm reading through the criminal complaint now, and trying to look at previous MSM articles and this thread. The timing of the FBI asking for information and the dates listed in the complaint is interesting. The complaint says they first went to his car/apartment on June 12, and on June 14 they confirmed his car had the same broken hubcap and got the authority to search his car. On June 15, they executed the warrant.

It's interesting looking at the timing of when they were asking for public information- on June 12/13, the information being released was that LE wanted information about the Astra. By this time, they had already seen him once, and within 24-48 hours they were honed in on him enough to get a warrant. On June 27, they announced that the car had been located. He was presumably under surveillance for much of this interim period, although we do not know the details of this yet. I wonder what led them to announce that they had located the car- did they want to make him think he was off the hook, and then shortly after, he stated he kidnapped her to someone? Did he know they were referring to his car? Apologies if this is already known.

Basing my media dates on these:

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...-information-car-tied-missing-ui-scholar.html
http://police.illinois.edu/search-updates/

I would say not, imo, because he knew the car they would have found was not the correct car. Unless he was really stupid, he had to know that since the "found" car was not the correct car, it would be difficult to prove it was involved in the crime. I can't imagine that this news lulled him into a false sense of security, or that the FBI thought this would be the result of the news.

Thanks for asking.

I'm ok but very disturbed. For my own sanity, I keep finding myself wanting to... not defend him... but just remind everyone that even people who do bad things are still people. Not because I think he's innocent or that what happened to Yingying is in anyway ok. But this is a couple that I saw and worked out next to for two hours every weekday for a few years. It's like I want to humanize him because I personally cannot process that I was next to a "monster/kidnapper/killer/etc" everyday. I also feel some irrational guilt as if I could have made some small gesture that would have pulled him back to reality - butterfly effect idea. It's just a bizarre mix of emotions. Still trying to wrap my head around it.

Ugh, therapy here I come!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

People who do evil things are not always 100% evil. It's very hard to wrap your head around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member