Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did BC grow up on a farm? Any evidence he visited his relatives between 6/9-6/13?

<snip>For some reason, the two broken arms incident/comment has bothered me, but ai cnsnot put a finger on why.
It bothers me too, but I know why. He said he was casted on BOTH arms. Yet, he's perfectly capable of sitting in front of a computer and typing. Are his casts bent at the elbow so he can sit, or is he standing at his computer and typing all long-armed like a zombie? Seems pretty uncomfortable and unlikely.
attachment.php

Attachments

• zombie typing copy.png
    zombie typing copy.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 429
Do you know the address or cross streets of the cement factory?

It's along Kenwood Rd. near Austin Lane I believe...?
edit: ahh, just found address 502 Kenwood Rd. (occupies 9 acres)

Can someone let me know how many hours until the bond hearing? I want to check back in but I am on UK time zone. Thanks.

I'm at work now. If/when we jump to next thread, can someone please copy Tricia's and my posts from page 34 over?
TIA

I'm at work now. If/when we jump to next thread, can someone please copy Tricia's and my posts from page 34 over?
TIA

Well we can agree to disagree. In my grad program, no one updated their Linked In and many didn't even have one. I know several academics actively searching for university and privatejobs who don't have one.

I did not say people leaving PhD programs are happy. I'm just saying it happens a lot and leaving the program alone is not that unique.

It depends on the reason why he left, personal choice or fail to pass qualification/prelim? The difference is huge. If forced to leave, the blow can significant for somebody who thought he is the smartest and spent years on it.

I think you can be extremely introverted (not the same as antisocial btw) and force yourself to be outgoing. I do it almost every day at work and yes, it's highly exhausting. What would you say makes him antisocial vs introverted? I don't go out of my way to talk to someone on an elevator, I don't like crowds of people, and I certainly wouldn't make small talk in a gym class. This makes me introverted, but not antisocial.
I think "introvert" is probably a better description, since he does seem to desire companionship of sorts.

Says he? Maybe he made alot up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There were positive comments from past students of his, not just made up by him. This guy absolutely knew how to interact with others, probably through imitation rather than empathy and innate social understanding.

I think you can be extremely introverted (not the same as antisocial btw) and force yourself to be outgoing. I do it almost every day at work and yes, it's highly exhausting. What would you say makes him antisocial vs introverted? I don't go out of my way to talk to someone on an elevator, I don't like crowds of people, and I certainly wouldn't make small talk in a gym class. This makes me introverted, but not antisocial.

This guy is complicated, not as simple as introversion or antisocial. He sought out contact with others - I am guessing only SOME of his interactions with others was not wanted/sought. Other types of interactions were most definitely desired by him.

It would be fascinating to do a session or two with him - he has many outgoing confident traits yet a deep dark private side. Throw in high intelligence, probably low emotional intelligence, bit of narcissism and probably a level of hatred or disrespect for females. Dangerous dangerous dangerous urgh.

IMO, law enforcement could have obtained a court order permitting them to wiretap.
How would they have gotten back in to get it set up in his apartment, without him knowing?

This guy is complicated, not as simple as introversion or antisocial. He sought out contact with others - I am guessing only SOME of his interactions with others was not wanted/sought. Other types of interactions were most definitely desired by him.

It would be fascinating to do a session or two with him - he has many outgoing confident traits yet a deep dark private side. Throw in high intelligence, probably low emotional intelligence, bit of narcissism and probably a level of hatred or disrespect for females. Dangerous dangerous dangerous urgh.

Agreed. I spend way more time than I would like to admit pondering over how complex this person is.

Regarding BC's leaving the PhD program, I understand he was in his 4th year. If his program was similar to others he only had a year, possibly a year and a half more to go. My daughter is in a science based PhD at an Ivy, which she has decided to leave after 2 1/2 years, after much soul searching. For her personally her decision is based on her desire to do hands on clinical work rather than spending her life in a lab and writing papers.. Had she been in her 4th year, there is no question that she would stick out the last year, especially after the difficult journey to get into the program in the first place and the intense work following.

My feeling is that BC lost sight of his goal by becoming more and more involved and addicted to his fantasies in the gaming and this Fetlife business. It's impossible spend so much time on these activities whilst continuing his PhD.....those in my daughter's program live and breathe their work with very little time for anything else besides some sleep.

I think that depends on the person and what they are experiencing. Leaving after coursework or early on is definitely an easy and logical split. However, there are some people who really struggle at the end. They may burn out, they may be struggling with experiments or results, or they might actually be depressed and really struggling. They may have an unsupportive advisor who doesn't check up on them and it's easy to drift off. The last few years of a PhD program are very busy (as your daughter knows) and can be very stressful. I struggled a lot- I was spending 10 hours/day on a microscope, teaching, not seeing friends, having trouble finding time to write, not getting the results I expected, etc. It's rough. Some people may lose funding towards the end if they don't finish in time or they have major anxiety about having to write the whole dissertation up and defend it. There are a ton of reasons people leave, and sometimes they are out of their control (or at least, feel like they can't be fixed), and unfortunately for some people that comes at the end.
Not defending him or anything of that nature. Just stating there are a variety of reasons why people leave PhD programs and they don't always come at the best time. Your theory about him specifically seems plausible.

I am the obsessive type, and have been through many periods of unwanted thoughts, morbid ones mostly.

Garbage disposals, one flick of the switch while your hand is in there (the switch is always right next the light switch!) and major irreversible injury. Gore. :-(

Modern windmills intimidate me due to their size, their uniformity, and their numbers. There's never other structures near them, it's just them. They remind me of an army or a cemetery. It also makes me uncomfortable that windmills have a kind of optical illusion. How big are they really? I dunno. After thinking about it, I don't think I'd have an issue with a single windmill.

I do drive through the windmill hills in California on occasion, and it's like roller coaster excitement. Not exactly a *fear*, but I'm definitely more amped during those drives than most, lol.
Look at this... it's weird.
attachment.php
It's so funny how different people view the same thing in such different ways. I see groupings of windmills as art, the varied patterns of spinning are hypnotizing. Some are exactly the same, some are in the opposite direction, some are horizontal, some vertical...I find windmill farms therapeutic to watch.

Regarding BC's leaving the PhD program, I understand he was in his 4th year. If his program was similar to others he only had a year, possibly a year and a half more to go. My daughter is in a science based PhD at an Ivy, which she has decided to leave after 2 1/2 years, after much soul searching. For her personally her decision is based on her desire to do hands on clinical work rather than spending her life in a lab and writing papers.. Had she been in her 4th year, there is no question that she would stick out the last year, especially after the difficult journey to get into the program in the first place and the intense work following.

My feeling is that BC lost sight of his goal by becoming more and more involved and addicted to his fantasies in the gaming and this Fetlife business. It's impossible spend so much time on these activities whilst continuing his PhD.....those in my daughter's program live and breathe their work with very little time for anything else besides some sleep.

JMO
I agree with most of the comments in your post.

Im just learning about this case for the first time today so I dont have all the background yet. From the posts I have read it seems to me that something happened that made him leave the PHD program.

There had to be a trigger because he was too close to the end.

All those years and work and so close tells me something happened.

I tend to think either he became mentally ill and was hiding it or he did something where administrators were going to kick him out of the program unless he voluntarily resigned from it.

Full time students that go into advanced learning past BS degree that I knew treated it as a full time job and it was sometimes difficult for them to transition to the work force. I dont think he would have left the PHD unless something serious happened. He was too close to the end and I dont think he would be anxious to try to find work if he was so close to getting the PHD. The education was his work and was all he knew till then so something happened in my opinion.

The reason I think this is important is I think it ties to why he ended up killing the girl. Either his mental state deteriorated or if he was being pushed out of the school then that could trigger his violent reaction.

All JMO of course.

It bothers me too, but I know why. He said he was casted on BOTH arms. Yet, he's perfectly capable of sitting in front of a computer and typing. Are his casts bent at the elbow so he can sit, or is he standing at his computer and typing all long-armed like a zombie? Seems pretty uncomfortable and unlikely.
attachment.php

he was not in two casts recently, Gigtu. sounds like an accident when he was doing construction (roofing?) work several years ago, though I don't really know what age he would have been at the time.

Agreed. I spend way more time than I would like to admit pondering over how complex this person is.

Yep, he has layers. What I find interesting is that he was very open about alot of his desires - no fear of people in his day to day life finding out about at least some of his desires, life choices, etc. He wasn't sneaking around under complicated aliases, he was on dating sites that some people he knew would have come across. He was public with his open relationship status. Whilst sexuality is accepted as more fluid nowadays, I haven't seen anything yet that shows he was worried about what others thought. I think his online activity was all about him seeking a reaction in himself - its hard to say if he is a true psychopath/sociopath, but I think his affect is definitely restricted and he was seeking something to trigger it.

I'll go off on a tangent here: perhaps you're subconsciously remembering that Ted Bundy used a fake sling/broken-arm to entice women to help him get in his car or carry groceries or the like... I think BC really did break his arms, but he does mention in the interview how helpless he felt, and even needed help to take a shower (this is all years before the crime, but maybe it taught him how eager people were to aid the injured; any chance he might've driven around campus with one arm in a sling to look more harmless? then when YZ enters car he pulls arm out with a stun gun or taser... just idle, way-out-there speculatin', that I don't really believe myself).

I wonder if there might have been a brain injury in this accident.

It's along Kenwood Rd. near Austin Lane I believe...?
edit: ahh, just found address 502 Kenwood Rd. (occupies 9 acres)

He may have explored the cement factory during his spare time. I wonder if he knew of a way in to the place and maybe knew of a perfect place to hide a body.

It sure would be a good place for LE to look for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67