Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/more-details-of-chinese-scholars-kidnapping-emerge/

Video with snippets after the last hearing, BC lawyer, YZ's family lawyer, family holding hope and plan tod rice to where she "may have been sighted".

I feel so bad for them to be in a foreign country and trying to find their daughter.

Me too! The photos of her father break my heart. So much pain in his face.

I hope they are getting some financial support? It was reported in the beginning that they were staying somewhere for free, iirc. But what about food, and now traveling expenses?

He wouldn't have to admit kidnapping. He could say it was consensual.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Oh, I meant his admission while under surveillance, he told someone he did kidnap her and she struggled. I meant that if he thought they were listening at the time, why would he basically say it WAS non consensual, then plead the opposite in court? If he thought the FBI were onto him, he would have used less incriminating terms.

I remember 3 or more ppl claimed that they saw YingYing Zhang in Salem earlier, They claimed the young lady dressed exactly like the pic of flyers and carried the same bag,on the morning of 16 Jun 2017, the girl even showed them the photo of her family. One of them claimed that she had camera /footage and contacted fbi willing to show to fbi, but they never contact them back.

Theses msgs were getting very famous among chinese news / social medias. Yingyings family is not giving up hope so they met one of them and the salem pd, seems to me that she deleted the post already , apparently they've mistaken her for someone else.

Kind of crazy, but I was thinking of the possibility that Yingying's trauma may be so severe (psychologically) that she could be alive somewhere and have amnesia or other type of breakdown. People on the streets might just see her as another homeless person. I know this is probably not true, but...

I woke up this morning with a scenario in my mind. How good was Yinging English? Could a fast talker confuse her? I have a scene in my brain.

BC pulls up and says: You waiting for a ride?
Yinging says yes. (Meaning bus). BC says: Well they sent me to take you.
Yinging says: the landlord did? BC (gets lucky) says Yes! The landlord sent me!!
Yinging says: I was taking the bus.
BC says: bus cancelled so I was sent. Come on, get in.
Yinging says: your taking me to the apartment?
BC says: yes. Let's go. Hurry up. Yinging says well I should call the landlord
BC says: I already did. He told me where to find you. Hurry your late!!!

Garbled sorry, but I was trying to show a technique that fake psychics use where they actually draw information out from a mark. The mark thinks, wow their mind was read when it wasnt. I think the culture/language barrier here was enough for a dialogue of this type to confuse her enough to initially get in his car. Of course once inside he wouldn't be able to keep up ruse and she would become frightened and want to get out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ok, this is just really big speculation. A scenario....
YY gets out of the bus, misses the next bus...BC shows up....
He asks her questions, "do you need a ride, are you lost, can I help?"
She says she is on her way to sign a lease for an apartment....he say "wait! I have a great apartment I am moving out of" "let me show it to you" - "rent is so much better" blah blah blah
This makes her feel comfortable enough to go to his apartment after trusting him, etc. Maybe that is why there is not witnesses to a struggle to get her into his apartment?? Maybe this has all been brought up already (I am sure!) - but I am just catching up to this case and this came to my mind. Trying to figure out how in broad daylight he was able to get her into his apartment. Thoughts?

Nope, I work with some of these Chinese who stayed on in the US after finishing at the U of I and that complex she was going to is very popular with the Chinese, some at work lived there at one point. It's multiple students in multi-bedroom apartments each with their own separate lease although they generally know the other students in the apt they sign up for. She already had known roommates in mind to live with. No way would she at the spur of the moment decide to go with a stranger to look at some other place.

Anyone know which road is this?
attachment.php

(snip from the surveillance video)

[video=youtube;I-mWC6WezBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-mWC6WezBs[/video]
The intersection in the background is White and Wright, with BC driving North on Wright.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Question for Loremipsum, can you recall if BC turned up to his regular early morning work out at the gym on Saturday, June 10, the day after he abducted YY? You said he worked out every day (iirc), so you might have noticed if he didn't come one day? But if he did, do you remember anything different in his demeanor? I am aware that this is a month back and of course you might simply not remember. TIA! :)
Usually only saw them Monday thru Friday. But after Yingying' s kidnapping, yes he came back to the gym. We did not notice a change in his behavior at all - everything was as normal.

The intersection in the background is White and Wright, with BC driving North on Wright.

Then he was driving in the direction of his apartment complex (opposite to YZ's intended destination), according to the map.

I'm getting an error or ad right after it loads, so I can't read the article, except that China is blaming our democracy?

To the person who didn't notice anything different when he was at the gym; true psychopath it sounds like. Goodness.
I'm worried with all the intelligent websleuther's talking about a possible defense, one might be used. I just feel so bad for Yingying and her family, and that this happened here, a place that should have been safe for her.

Me too! The photos of her father break my heart. So much pain in his face.

I hope they are getting some financial support? It was reported in the beginning that they were staying somewhere for free, iirc. But what about food, and now traveling expenses?

They have set up a account and are also trying to arrange for Yingying's Mother to come to the U.S.

<modsnip>

I woke up this morning with a scenario in my mind. How good was Yinging English? Could a fast talker confuse her? I have a scene in my brain.

BC pulls up and says: You waiting for a ride?
Yinging says yes. (Meaning bus). BC says: Well they sent me to take you.
Yinging says: the landlord did? BC (gets lucky) says Yes! The landlord sent me!!
Yinging says: I was taking the bus.
BC says: bus cancelled so I was sent. Come on, get in.
Yinging says: your taking me to the apartment?
BC says: yes. Let's go. Hurry up. Yinging says well I should call the landlord
BC says: I already did. He told me where to find you. Hurry your late!!!

Garbled sorry, but I was trying to show a technique that fake psychics use where they actually draw information out from a mark. The mark thinks, wow their mind was read when it wasnt. I think the culture/language barrier here was enough for a dialogue of this type to confuse her enough to initially get in his car. Of course once inside he wouldn't be able to keep up ruse and she would become frightened and want to get out.

At her level of education I am sure her English language fluency was high, particularly receptive language ability. So jmo I don't think simple confusion played a part.

I really hope his family are getting the support they need, I'm sad that LE hasn't been able to give them enough information to give them closure. They're hanging on to any tenuous link it seems, even though the police don't throw around the terms like 'presumed dead' lightly.

RE: YZ's English fluency - I personally felt from the few quick texts to the landlord that she might not be completely strong in the language (but still I have massive respect for anyone who can speak two languages to any coherent level)

Kind of crazy, but I was thinking of the possibility that Yingying's trauma may be so severe (psychologically) that she could be alive somewhere and have amnesia or other type of breakdown. People on the streets might just see her as another homeless person. I know this is probably not true, but...

I think these sorts of ideas and also the nutsters who report "sightings," etc. cause a lot of pain for the family, who out of love and grief want to grasp at any straw.

I think these sorts of ideas and also the nutsters who report "sightings," etc. cause a lot of pain for the family, who out of love and grief want to grasp at any straw.
I think people for the most part are just trying to help. Of course there are a few bad apples.

Agreed. It just makes me literally cringe when every single time this happens, these reports are made. And granted once in a blue moon someone is actually providing useful info, too. The melodramatic details of "showing pictures of her family" etc., just, I can't.

That is a very quiet street. I have to say that when I was in the US, I was surprised at how few people walked on streets. Where I live, even in a small town, there is always someone walking at all times of the day.

It's illegal to walk in the streets here unless you're at a designated crosswalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member