Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was dark webbing at all, he'd had kept his Fetlife activity there, imo. Why *not* hide that?! I don't think he's extremely tech savvy.
I don't know much about the dark web but I think it's primarily for purchasing. Fetlife is on the internet. There may be dark web groups as well but you have to be tech savvy to get there. Fetlife has a large following, many of whom are probably not as tech savvy as BC.

To be a doctoral candidate in Physics you have to understand coding etc....

Hi! New to the site. Have read every post on this case on here so far... My heart goes out to YZ and her family/friends[emoji27]. I have a question- was the apartment above BC vacant at the time of the kidnapping? I recall there being some talk about a woman moving in upstairs shortly after the kidnapping. Maybe the theory of him showing her an alternative apartment worked because he took her to the vacant one above his? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps Luminol applied by LE on BC's car "lit up" the passenger side indicating the application of a bleach type product.

Ugh him circling around in his car is so suspicious. He is obviously looking for "the perfect victim." Blech.

I think you are confusing where YZ got in the car with where that picture was taken. Goodwin & Clark was where they spoke and she got on the car, Wright & White was where the car was taken by camera some time in the middle of the car ride (some minutes into the ride). I looked up Google map and indeed saw that intersection (Wright & White) exactly as shown in the picture. It's somewhere to the left (=west?) of Goodwin where she got in the car.

Ack, you're right. The picture never loaded for me, so I thought they were just asking about the screengrab on the video! From what I remember LE saying initially, that picture may have been taken before he picked YZ up. And they just included it because it was a better picture of the car? If it was after he picked her up and he was going south, that would make sense because he'd hit Springfield in a few blocks, which is a straight shot to his apartment, but Lorem said he's headed north and he also picked YZ up on the northbound side of Goodwin. Sounds like he might have been driving the area and on the prowl for awhile.

BTW, I also live in Champaign and I drive by his apartment every day on my way home from work :(

[video=twitter;883386754648088576]https://twitter.com/find_yingying/status/883386754648088576[/video]

Tom and Evan Bruno said it is difficult for Christensen to assist in his own defense since he isn't allowed to have his own copies of evidence. The Brunos said they will have to bring documents, audio recordings and more to Christensen and sit with him while he goes over them.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...eement-house-federal-inmates-county-jail.html

So? Nothing wrong with that. :jail: A lawyer is expected to go over all of the documents with his client.

http://police.illinois.edu/search-updates/

July 5 update
"The search for Ms. Zhang continues to be a top priority, and police are pursuing a number of methods which could help investigators find her. We are still encouraging anyone with information to contact us through the FBI at tips.fbi.gov or 1-800-CALL-FBI. Information may also be submitted anonymously through Champaign County Crime Stoppers at http://373tips.com, 217-373-TIPS or through the P3 Tips mobile app. Messages to Crime Stoppers are routed through a third-party service and are stripped of any identifying information before the tip is forwarded to police."

Hi! New to the site. Have read every post on this case on here so far... My heart goes out to YZ and her family/friends[emoji27]. I have a question- was the apartment above BC vacant at the time of the kidnapping? I recall there being some talk about a woman moving in upstairs shortly after the kidnapping. Maybe the theory of him showing her an alternative apartment worked because he took her to the vacant one above his? Just a thought.

Welcome hithermethis :)

:welcome2:

I don't know much about the dark web but I think it's primarily for purchasing. Fetlife is on the internet. There may be dark web groups as well but you have to be tech savvy to get there. Fetlife has a large following, many of whom are probably not as tech savvy as BC.

To be a doctoral candidate in Physics you have to understand coding etc....

I guess I am a little more computer savvy than most but it doesn't take any special skills to access the dark web. You really just need the right search engine...

I think Henry Lee is just trying to insert himself into the high profile case. The FBI already said they have evidence pointing to Miss Yingyings demise. Why would he give the family false hope and added anxiety. Jmo. Moo. Etc etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ok, this is just really big speculation. A scenario....
YY gets out of the bus, misses the next bus...BC shows up....
He asks her questions, "do you need a ride, are you lost, can I help?"
She says she is on her way to sign a lease for an apartment....he say "wait! I have a great apartment I am moving out of" "let me show it to you" - "rent is so much better" blah blah blah
This makes her feel comfortable enough to go to his apartment after trusting him, etc. Maybe that is why there is not witnesses to a struggle to get her into his apartment?? Maybe this has all been brought up already (I am sure!) - but I am just catching up to this case and this came to my mind. Trying to figure out how in broad daylight he was able to get her into his apartment. Thoughts?

Makes sense to me.

Ok, this is just really big speculation. A scenario....
YY gets out of the bus, misses the next bus...BC shows up....
He asks her questions, "do you need a ride, are you lost, can I help?"
She says she is on her way to sign a lease for an apartment....he say "wait! I have a great apartment I am moving out of" "let me show it to you" - "rent is so much better" blah blah blah
This makes her feel comfortable enough to go to his apartment after trusting him, etc. Maybe that is why there is not witnesses to a struggle to get her into his apartment?? Maybe this has all been brought up already (I am sure!) - but I am just catching up to this case and this came to my mind. Trying to figure out how in broad daylight he was able to get her into his apartment. Thoughts?
The big problem with this theory for me is I believe "looking at an apartment" and "signing a lease" are two different steps
She was past the "looking" part, chose the apartment she liked, and had progressed to the lease signing stage.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

She's abducted ~2:10pm and at 2:38 I believe gets the inquiry call from the landlord that she doesn't respond to... I can't help but think in those ~25 mins. she's already been incapacitated, rendered unconscious, or killed. IF BC really took her to his apt. he must've dragged or carried her in broad daylight (IMO)... hard to imagine, but if she did fight him inside the apt. perhaps it was after reviving and finding herself bound, gagged, whatever. Just don't know if anything he says on audiotape can even be believed... wish FBI would give a hint as to what forensic evidence they have.

BTW, I also live in Champaign and I drive by his apartment every day on my way home from work :(

Also, UIPD came to my apartment on 6/19 (I was sick and working from home) and asked if I had seen the involved car between 3 and 5 the previous Monday (6/12). I was at work until 5, so I said no. I thought maybe they were just blanket canvassing at the time, but with the information that has been released since then (particularly that they located his car and visited him on the 12th and the 14th) makes me wonder if he was spotted or they had footage of his car in my neighborhood. Maybe they were just keeping up appearances by canvassing so he wouldn't know they were on to him. Or UIPD and FBI weren't communicating. I do have two ponds in my neighborhood but there hasn't been any search activity there that I've seen.

There were also surveillance planes circling low overhead. The loop they were on included my neighborhood. I don't live too far from BC (a little southeast). I only noticed them on two weekends in the morning while walking the dog (likely weekends of 6/17 and 6/24, since he was arrested 6/29 and he was under continuous surveillance since 6/16 per the criminal complaint), but I don't walk the dog in the morning on weekdays (bf does) so they could have been looping every morning. I tried finding them on FlightAware after I heard/saw them, but they didn't appear, so they were likely FBI.

[video=twitter;883386754648088576]https://twitter.com/find_yingying/status/883386754648088576[/video]
Can't help it....I have had a crush on Dr. Lee's intellect for years!!! It hurts my heart to read what he writes at times, but he is pretty darned smart.
"Based on previous data, (#1) 90% of victims in kidnapping cases motivated by sexual criminal behavior are women. (#2)The typical offenders are white males, (#3)25 to 37 years old, (#4) who possess a high IQ, and have experienced sexual (#5) abuse in their past."
1 check, 2 check 3 check 4 check #5 Guess that one will have to wait for the trial.
Dr. Lee, where is she....close by?

My heart truly goes out to the poor woman's family. I cannot imagine what they are going thru - saying many prayers and I wish YZ would be found.

I check this thread several times/day, hoping they find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member