Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think there are several ways to dispose of a body with it unlikely of being found, but still my guess is that they HAVE found at least remnants of the body, and that is why there is talk of a murder charge finally being drawn. I asked earlier but no lawyer responded (have they all left this thread?) what are the chances of a murder indictment coming down with no body or physical evidence, but only circumstantial evidence available?
Having said all that, I do wonder about access to any campus incinerators used by the physics dept., and I wonder if all campus video was looked at for the presence of either of BC’s cars the weekend following the Friday abduction?

RBBM

I'm leaning towards this theory as well.

Thanks, Everyone, for your opinions on possible incineration. Lot's to think about in this case! Let's just hope she IS found so the family can have closure.

ETA: Maybe my imagination is running away with me . . . but, I found an article about disposing of lab waste at universities.

Here is the link: http://pubs.acs.org/cen/email/html/cen_87_i10_8710sci1.html

Another 2 cents worth tossed into the discussion.

RBBM

I'm leaning towards this theory as well.

Thanks, Everyone, for your opinions on possible incineration. Lot's to think about in this case! Let's just hope she IS found so the family can have closure.

ETA: Maybe my imagination is running away with me . . . but, I found an article about disposing of lab waste at universities.

Here is the link: http://pubs.acs.org/cen/email/html/cen_87_i10_8710sci1.html

Another 2 cents worth tossed into the discussion.

I agree that the Feds must have reason to believe she has been murdered. I suspect that it is blood. The hesitation to bring charges could have been DNA testing. She didn't live here long and there would have been little if any DNA to test against, until her father and mother came to the US. Sadly, in the 30 years I've lived here, several people have disappeared when murder was suspected many of whom have never been found. I could imagine any number of places to hide a body but I don't give BC credit to necessarily know where they are. He hasn't lived here long enough. My other thought is that there are phone or credit card records that place him in Wisconsin after the abduction. He would know Wisconsin better than Champaign. That satisfies the Feds jurisdiction and the presumption of murder.

I agree that the Feds must have reason to believe she has been murdered. I suspect that it is blood. The hesitation to bring charges could have been DNA testing. She didn't live here long and there would have been little if any DNA to test against, until her father and mother came to the US. Sadly, in the 30 years I've lived here, several people have disappeared when murder was suspected many of whom have never been found. I could imagine any number of places to hide a body but I don't give BC credit to necessarily know where they are. He hasn't lived here long enough. My other thought is that there are phone or credit card records that place him in Wisconsin after the abduction. He would know Wisconsin better than Champaign. That satisfies the Feds jurisdiction and the presumption of murder.

​RBBM

I'm thinking this might be the case as well. Growing up in Wisconsin and roaming the woods, there unfortunately are so many places where one could hide a body.

I just went back to BC's facebook page for the first time in a while, and happened to notice that his wife is no longer his FB friend.

I just went back to BC's facebook page for the first time in a while, and happened to notice that his wife is no longer his FB friend.
I went checking all stories attached to photos of them both today too.. found a reddit link that discussed the profile page photo change..lots of nonsense but some interesting theories, somebody had actually analysed his fb friends and found quite a few Asian people in the list. Their faces and names were blacked out in the images.It was suggested he targeted an Asian victim but did not show proof..Posts were all 2 months old, and I found nothing current or particularly new.

FWIW, I see the photos of his (hers???) black Camaro are now also gone.

On a different note, and again for some lawyer to answer, is it possible this may remain a Federal case because Yingying was a foreign national? or, alternatively, does the rumor that it will remain a (death penalty) Fed. case imply at all that Yingying was taken across state boundaries at some point, dead or alive?

FWIW, I see the photos of his (hers???) black Camaro are now also gone.

On a different note, and again for some lawyer to answer, is it possible this may remain a Federal case because Yingying was a foreign national? or, alternatively, does the rumor that it will remain a (death penalty) Fed. case imply at all that Yingying was taken across state boundaries at some point, dead or alive?
Google is my friend.
A Reuters report state that kidnapping is a federal crime. However, I found this which, while not quite lining up the ducks in response t your question, it certainly throws more understanding on both the case and the charges http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-07-04/jim-dey-not-much-see-inside-federal-courtroom.html
I shared this blog here in the past, I believe it to be accurate and does address your questions https://subliminalridge.blogspot.ie/2017/07/yingying-zhang-kidnapping-case-few.html

The use of instruments of interstate commerce is what allows the case to come under federal jurisdiction. Ordinarily, a kidnapping would come only under state jurisdiction, unless the kidnapper crossed state lines with the victim. In this case, the prosecutor is claiming that the use of a car sold in a different state and a phone that is connected to the internet put the kidnapping under federal jurisdiction.

I went checking all stories attached to photos of them both today too.. found a reddit link that discussed the profile page photo change..lots of nonsense but some interesting theories, somebody had actually analysed his fb friends and found quite a few Asian people in the list. Their faces and names were blacked out in the images.It was suggested he targeted an Asian victim but did not show proof..Posts were all 2 months old, and I found nothing current or particularly new.

I read somewhere his brother is living in Asia. Then the thousands of Asian students - I think, he is just very familiar with this group.

I read somewhere his brother is living in Asia. Then the thousands of Asian students - I think, he is just very familiar with this group.
more than likely.
It is an interesting exercise to re-read the earliest reports theories and comments... they all reflected the godawful shock we experience working this case..the dehumanity feels as extreme now , to me, as it did in the beginning.. I remember the amber alert came in over twitter and a contact I have tweeted it so I asked her and though it was still the first night, and only a few hours missing, the despair was palpable from all quarters.
I'm not sure I understand the depth of the shock waves still resonating. Re -experienced with same depth as the initial shock..
Like a scary gaping chasm..

Oddly enough, I was right next to BC wife at a stoplight on Springfield Avenue last week, near stone gate.

I remember there were a lot of speculations about how the FBI came to this conclusion after YY was presumed dead on June 30. And around the mid of July, the Zhang family lawyer Mr. Wang told a Chinese reporter that the FBI did not disclose any details of the case to the family, but there was a sign that the body probably had been found already and the LE was conducting some forensic examinations though he wasn’t sure. So does it mean by the time YY was claimed dead, the LE already had ‘something’ in hand, was just waiting for the forensic results to confirm it.

Now two months later, I wonder what that ‘something’ is, if it was a body or remains of a body like legs, arms, torso or whatever, why did the LE not inform the family yet and keep telling them they hadn’t found YY’s body? I don't know much about the judicial procedures in the United States, but does police really need that long to inform their families and return the bodies/body parts to them? Well, it made me wonder what the LE found might be something really horrible, like human tissues, ashes etc. that means the body might have been destroyed, and left very little to be found and examined, can this explain why the families are not informed anything and it takes this long for the additional charges, probably a death penalty to be indicted?

The information we have now forces me to think in this direction, Previously, I simply thought that the suspect just strangled her, then dumped her in a river, cornfield or buried her somewhere. After all, the suspect is young and had zero criminal records, this is the first time he committed a crime.
That we know of. :frown:

If LE have BC on tape stating he has killed her, is that enough to convict? E.g. can he retract what he said saying it wasn't true and he was making it up?

Could you link to the phone or credit card records or is that just your opinion? It would be very interesting if he headed to Wisconsin shortly after her abduction.

That we know of. :frown:

If LE have BC on tape stating he has killed her, is that enough to convict? E.g. can he retract what he said saying it wasn't true and he was making it up?
he can retract. hopefully they have far more substantial evidence..in same tape he allegedly stated he had brought her to his apartment. We have seen video footage and maps of his apartment and it is highly unlikely he could have brought anything in or out of it without a very big chance of being seen, unless, of course he happened to know that every apartment in the building or at least every apartment that he shared an entrance or stairwell or lift with were away. that is possible. unlikely, but possible.
other possibility is that he had a second apartment or room that he rented entirely for his sexual encounters.The reason I feel this might be a possibility is a disparagement in rent figures submitted on their annual returns compared to the actual rent charged by the apartment they rented together. There was about a $300 deficit, which could be rent for his 'special ' place.
It is also possible LE located and searched this and discovered traces of chemicals etc.
This dude needed money badly, huge student loan, car loan and monthly outgoings.. and just a single salary $2,500 per month from his wife's salary.
Is it possible he still holds a lease for a second rental, a very cheap rental, possibly just $300 PM.. What could he possibly rent for such a small sum?
Are there still stones unturned?
It is likely he did not rent it in his own name, if this was pre-planned.. as well as being opportunistic?

he can retract. hopefully they have far more substantial evidence..in same tape he allegedly stated he had brought her to his apartment. We have seen video footage and maps of his apartment and it is highly unlikely he could have brought anything in or out of it without a very big chance of being seen, unless, of course he happened to know that every apartment in the building or at least every apartment that he shared an entrance or stairwell or lift with were away. that is possible. unlikely, but possible.
other possibility is that he had a second apartment or room that he rented entirely for his sexual encounters.The reason I feel this might be a possibility is a disparagement in rent figures submitted on their annual returns compared to the actual rent charged by the apartment they rented together. There was about a $300 deficit, which could be rent for his 'special ' place.
It is also possible LE located and searched this and discovered traces of chemicals etc.
This dude needed money badly, huge student loan, car loan and monthly outgoings.. and just a single salary $2,500 per month from his wife's salary.
Is it possible he still holds a lease for a second rental, a very cheap rental, possibly just $300 PM.. What could he possibly rent for such a small sum?
Are there still stones unturned?
It is likely he did not rent it in his own name, if this was pre-planned.. as well as being opportunistic?

I'm not sure we know enough about their finances to know if a few hundred dollars is missing or not, but one can rent a storage unit for $100-500/month, depending on its size. I currently have a 10x15 foot unit for $200/month.

I'm not sure we know enough about their finances to know if a few hundred dollars is missing or not, but one can rent a storage unit for $100-500/month, depending on its size. I currently have a 10x15 foot unit for $200/month.

IIRC Jaycee Dugard's captor/rapist held an earlier survivor in a storage unit. That's the parole he violated.

Well, we do actually because they were reported. Twice. Once early on as part of a larger news story and again in the past week on this thread. Both reports were consistent with each other. Believe me , I do not make this stuff up.

Well, we do actually because they were reported. Twice. Once early on as part of a larger news story and again in the past week on this thread. Both reports were consistent with each other. Believe me , I do not make this stuff up.

can you link the sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member