Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I'm bummed that I can't see the relevant dates since it's a "last 60 days" scroll. Maybe I'll find it here on WS though.
The format now is certainly not the same as the one I originally found, layout was completely different too. I remember copypasting some bits from it to post , I think my post might have discussed the report of the earlier attempted abduction on the day yY was kidnapped..and there was a discrepancy in that it was not posted under that particular day's events on the log but on a later date
This is what I am seeing now https://police.siu.edu/_common/documents/crimeLog/DailyCrimeLog.pdf
I found this though while searching for original log https://www.collegefactual.com/coll...inois-at-urbana-champaign/student-life/crime/
copy paste-[FONT=&amp]. When all violations are totaled and weighed by both severity and the number of students at the school, UIUC has more than the average reported offenses. (see charts on link)

[/FONT]
i found link to 2015-2016 reports here https://clery.uic.edu/

This from 2011 shows useful map http://campuscrime.net/stats/

This link relates to Southern Illinois University. Different institution.

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

This link relates to the University of Illinois, Chicago. Different institution.
Thanks so much for pointing that out. How weird 2 people posted that at the exact same time and we were not collaberating!
I knew it looked entirely different from the original link I posted which I obtained from a uSIC student's chatroom originally.
You didnt happen to find it by any chance, did you?

Apologies for the wrong link to everybody else. The correct one is here, somewhere..

If you know it was your post just click on your profile then on your latest posts. You can scroll through your posts till you find the right one and it will have a post number. That's one way but there is also a way to link it when you find it but I don't know how to do that.
If you were looking at the time to find the LE impersonator that happened on the same day 9 Jun in the a.m.- you must have downloaded the log approx within 60 days of that so around 9 Aug you would have done it - if they had the same system then. Your post must be around that time or before that date. If that helps.
I knew about that but I am desperately trying to deprogram myself from a recent case and I never want to see those posts again, kinda thing.
Thanks, though.

June 19 [FONT=&quot]At 2:07 p.m. Thursday, a U. of I. student reported that she had been harassed by a man in a vehicle. It was reported that a man in a white compact car began “cat calling” her and demanded she get in the vehicle in the 200 block of East John Street on June 11 and the 300 block of East Green Street on June 14. The student left the area both times.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At 2:28 p.m. June 12, University of Illinois Police investigators contacted a U. of I. student who reported she had been approached at 9:27 a.m. June 9 near Stoughton Street and Busey Avenue, Urbana, by a man in a black sedan who purported to be an undercover police officer and requested she get in the car. The student left the area. The incident had previously been reported to the Urbana Police Department.

nothing much here [/FONT]
https://illinois.edu/blog/view/7515?ACTION=HOMEPAGE&displayOrder=desc&displayColumn=created&displayCount=50&queryTag=0

It was never confirmed whether or not it was actually him. Also it was first reported to Urbana police. so was possibly reported immediately.
On the reddit student page there were lots of posts about it but hard to discern which were accurate.
Also strangely, on the link I posted, it had been inserted under a later date posting by usic police.. not sure what that was about... there had been criticisms levelled against them in other media, stating they had in fact been informed on the day it occurred, yet no notice appears for June 9th on their incident diary.. Nothing satisfactory was ever concluded to best of my knowledge

This also has been fully vetted many threads ago. When this first came out, the father of the girl who reported this posted a comment on a police FB article that she told him it was NOT BC or his same car. That post may still be there or have been deleted to give them privacy, but I saw it with my own eyes at the time.

TY. I'm still reading thru ATM. So what's the chances of two guys driving around in a black saloon trying to abduct women on the same day in the same neighbourhood? Perhaps he did have an accomplice? JMO.

Kitty, Mrs.O'brien,

I have found the log link - it took me ages because it was after the 60 day period but doesn't now work. It was your post kitty on this thread on 23rd August so the 60 day thing cannot have been in effect then. I think it strange that it is not available anymore. I don't suppose you have a cached copy?
Eta I have quoted some other quotes around the same time to give context.

Kitty, Mrs.O'brien,

I have found the log link - it took me ages because it was after the 60 day period but doesn't now work. It was your post kitty on this thread on 23rd August so the 60 day thing cannot have been in effect then. I think it strange that it is not available anymore. I don't suppose you have a cached copy?
Eta I have quoted some other quotes around the same time to give context.

Did you check the correct university? I dont recall the 60 day limit on the original. I remember now I obtained it from a link on the university police facebook page.

Well done finding that. Sorry for all the drivel you probably had to read through to get there..There was a date discrepancy in reporting original pick-up attempt, but I am pretty sure I recall it being mentioned as having been reported to campus police on same day YY disappeared, but that there was a delay in relaying the alert by them.. students had been complaining about it.. then again, if that girl was also new, its possible she just went to police urbana first..
Re cached copy, have you tried the wayback machine?
From what I recall, there was lots of petty theft, a surprising amount. Laptops, bicycles and some break-ins. At the time I was still thinking along lines of him having access to one or more vacant apartments/rooms on campus where he would either have brought her or hidden some of his own electronic equipment.
I am pretty certain he would have filmed his actions. I feel pretty certain he pre planned it, had it ready for when an opportunity would arise.
But its more likely he stayed well away from campus.
His own apt was a fair distance away..somewhere in between?
I am totally confounded and distressed about this case.. this girl, innocently and bravely starting a new life, making efforts...and almost immediately falling prey to a psychopath.
Only a psychopath would have attended that vigil for YY and described her death to his co-attendee....

I'm just not sure that the searching was thorough and complete or adequate.

Did you check the correct university? I dont recall the 60 day limit on the original. I remember now I obtained it from a link on the university police facebook page.

Well done finding that. Sorry for all the drivel you probably had to read through to get there..There was a date discrepancy in reporting original pick-up attempt, but I am pretty sure I recall it being mentioned as having been reported to campus police on same day YY disappeared, but that there was a delay in relaying the alert by them.. students had been complaining about it.. then again, if that girl was also new, its possible she just went to police urbana first..
Re cached copy, have you tried the wayback machine?
From what I recall, there was lots of petty theft, a surprising amount. Laptops, bicycles and some break-ins. At the time I was still thinking along lines of him having access to one or more vacant apartments/rooms on campus where he would either have brought her or hidden some of his own electronic equipment.
I am pretty certain he would have filmed his actions. I feel pretty certain he pre planned it, had it ready for when an opportunity would arise.
But its more likely he stayed well away from campus.
His own apt was a fair distance away..somewhere in between?
I am totally confounded and distressed about this case.. this girl, innocently and bravely starting a new life, making efforts...and almost immediately falling prey to a psychopath.
Only a psychopath would have attended that vigil for YY and described her death to his co-attendee....

I'm just not sure that the searching was thorough and complete or adequate.
I only checked posts on here. What I meant about the 60 day thing is that your post was on 23rd Aug - more than 60 days after 9June so it seems the 60 day limit wasn't in effect then. I too remember the laptops being stolen and other stuff too. Your computer may have saved a copy of the log somewhere, that was what I meant about a cached copy.
My understanding was that it was reported to Urbana police straightaway on the 9th and the uni police followed up on the 12th.

I only checked posts on here. What I meant about the 60 day thing is that your post was on 23rd Aug - more than 60 days after 9June so it seems the 60 day limit wasn't in effect then. I too remember the laptops being stolen and other stuff too. Your computer may have saved a copy of the log somewhere, that was what I meant about a cached copy.
My understanding was that it was reported to Urbana police straightaway on the 9th and the uni police followed up on the 12th.
Log still here from link on my early post can still go back further than 60 days on this link
https://illinois.edu/blog/view/7515...playColumn=created&displayCount=80&queryTag=0

Thanks Kitty. That log has some of the stuff I remember like a $2,500 laptop being stolen from a locked laboratory (Jun 19/20 entry). Haven't found the stolen rental car left at the airport yet though so that is still just from my memory ATM.

Thanks Kitty. That log has some of the stuff I remember like a $2,500 laptop being stolen from a locked laboratory (Jun 19/20 entry). Haven't found the stolen rental car left at the airport yet though so that is still just from my memory ATM.

I haven't been following your search for specific police logs, but could this be one you wanted:

• Monday, August 7, 2017

AUG 7, 2017 3:00 PM
    A university employee and a graduate student reported that they each had their personal laptop computer stolen between 2:30-3 p.m. Friday from an office at Loomis Laboratory, 1110 W. Green St., Urbana. The computers have an estimated value of $500 each.
    At 10:06 a.m. Friday, an Avis employee reported that a rental vehicle had been stolen July 13 from the company’s Willard Airport office, 11 Airport Road, Savoy, Illinois. The vehicle, which has an estimated value of $21,667, was rented with a fraudulent credit card.

https://illinois.edu/blog/view/7515...playColumn=created&displayCount=30&queryTag=0

I haven't been following your search for specific police logs, but could this be one you wanted:

• Monday, August 7, 2017

AUG 7, 2017 3:00 PM
    A university employee and a graduate student reported that they each had their personal laptop computer stolen between 2:30-3 p.m. Friday from an office at Loomis Laboratory, 1110 W. Green St., Urbana. The computers have an estimated value of $500 each.
    At 10:06 a.m. Friday, an Avis employee reported that a rental vehicle had been stolen July 13 from the company’s Willard Airport office, 11 Airport Road, Savoy, Illinois. The vehicle, which has an estimated value of $21,667, was rented with a fraudulent credit card.

https://illinois.edu/blog/view/7515...playColumn=created&displayCount=30&queryTag=0
TY that is probably the entry I remember about the car, although I thought it had been rented elsewhere and left at the airport. The various laptops being stolen from labs (with one being a locked lab even) seemed unusual to me .

We're almost to October. Hopefully this brings more charges and answers about what happened to poor YingYing so her family can have closure.

BREAKING NEWS

A federal grand jury has returned a superseding indictment charging Brendt Christensen being responsible for ying ying zhang death.

Hold on mr and mrs zhang. Answers coming soon.

“‘Christensen: Kidnapping resulting in death’

URBANA, Ill. (WCIA) -- Tuesday, a federal grand jury returned a superseding indictment charging 28-year old Brendt Christensen with the kidnapping, resulting in death of Yingying Zhang.
Monday's indictment additionally charges Christensen with two counts of making false statements to FBI agents in June.
Tuesday's superceding indictment adds the allegation Zhang's kidnapping resulted in her death. If convicted of kidnapping resulting in death, Christensen faces the death penalty or mandatory life in prison.” (BBM)

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/news/local-news/christensen-kidnapping-resulting-in-death/824429664

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay