Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder of what Illinois looks like. Miles and miles of ten foot tall corn. You can't search that fully without some sense of location. So until harvest happens, that's a lot of land that cannot be covered. Even after harvest, the number of disused barns and outbuildings would astound you. She could be in any of them.

You know where kids go "parking" around here? There are little grass "driveways" into the corn all over the place for equipment to enter. If you pull into one of these with a car and go down a grass path, you can't be seen unless someone has a drone over you at that moment. That's why kids here have "field parties." They congregate at night in these grass paths, pull way in, park, and drink and party. The cops know this happens every weekend but there is no way to find these parties without a tip off. They have their music cranked, hoot and holler, and yet are never busted.

Attaching pictures of before and after harvest. I wish I could show pictures of the spaces way back in the corn but I don't have time to drive into one of them. They are very clear in my mind, though, from my own teenage years.
d3aae8b8f65bb4c7bc583ae19bd26a9b.jpg
a5f40390fadb0885e9d0fbf5c407458b.jpg
29ef737ada8504c6770ae0e8bb844084.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just a reminder of what Illinois looks like. Miles and miles of ten foot tall corn. You can't search that fully without some sense of location. So until harvest happens, that's a lot of land that cannot be covered. Even after harvest, the number of disused barns and outbuildings would astound you. She could be in any of them.

You know where kids go "parking" around here? There are little grass "driveways" into the corn all over the place for equipment to enter. If you pull into one of these with a car and go down a grass path, you can't be seen unless someone has a drone over you at that moment. That's why kids here have "field parties." They congregate at night in these grass paths, pull way in, park, and drink and party. The cops know this happens every weekend but there is no way to find these parties without a tip off. They have their music cranked, hoot and holler, and yet are never busted.

Attaching pictures of before and after harvest. I wish I could show pictures of the spaces way back in the corn but I don't have time to drive into one of them. They are very clear in my mind, though, from my own teenage years.
d3aae8b8f65bb4c7bc583ae19bd26a9b.jpg
a5f40390fadb0885e9d0fbf5c407458b.jpg
29ef737ada8504c6770ae0e8bb844084.jpg

I had a friend that moved out that way many years ago. I even attended a party in those corn fields. We never got caught. I remember saying first time "Do these fields ever end?!" They seemed so never-ending.
Very hard to spot or see a body if your not possibly using a drone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I had a friend that moved out that way many years ago. I even attended a party in those corn fields. We never got caught. I remember saying first time "Do these fields ever end?!" They seemed so never-ending.
Very hard to spot or see a body if your not possibly using a drone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
to date there has not been any evidence at all that she was taken to any cornfields anywhere at all. It was an urban crime, its possibly more likely she was disposed of within the city itself, or that lake..
he merely had a couple of days.. not weeks...

to date there has not been any evidence at all that she was taken to any cornfields anywhere at all. It was an urban crime, its possibly more likely she was disposed of within the city itself, or that lake..

To date there has not been any evidence at all that she was disposed of within the city itself, or that lake... As was suggested previously, come visit and decide for yourself exactly how "urban" it is. One can find a rural landscape within walking distance of anywhere in Champaign-Urbana. He had a couple days...he could have returned to rural Wisconsin in that time where he is much more acquainted with the landscape than Champaign.

BTW, next to that lake is a cornfield!

It does not take long before you are in the middle of cornfields when you leave that town. Have you ever been there? With the exception of the Chicago area, when you leave most Illinois cities, you are surrounded by farmland and fields within 20 minutes.

As far as I know, there has been no evidence to date at all giving any clue what may have been done with the body. As for time, he could have dumped her body in a field and been back within probably an hour. One does not have to bury a body, even, when the corn is already 3 foot tall and dense as all get-out.

Anything that isn't impossible is possible. He was from Wisconsin and likely very used to lots of open farmland. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he would have driven her body out of town to a less populated area and dumped her.

I have been encountering people my entire adult life who do not understand the true landscape and nature of Illinois. I left when I was 18 and everyone I met thought I was from Chicago. If I said I rode horses, they were confused about where I might ride a horse in Illinois. Seriously. Aside from Chicago, even the biggest Illinois cities are bordered by corn and soybean fields. I am in the middle of nowhere, total population less than 300, surrounded by corn and pigs, but I would be in a city within 20 minutes.

Try to drive through Illinois with a weak bladder. You will wish you had put some depends on, and you better be prepared to exit at whatever rest area or single gas station you find even if you think you might have to use the restroom in the near future. Because there is a lot if nothing in between "cities."

To date there has not been any evidence at all that she was disposed of within the city itself, or that lake... As was suggested previously, come visit and decide for yourself exactly how "urban" it is. One can find a rural landscape within walking distance of anywhere in Champaign-Urbana. He had a couple days...he could have returned to rural Wisconsin in that time where he is much more acquainted with the landscape than Champaign.

BTW, next to that lake is a cornfield!
There has been no evidence she hasn't either right?? Cornfeld, lake, right next to his apartment? Any old barns too? Have they been searched? Where has been searched exactly? DWK? I get the impression he would not go to great lengths to dispose of anything as he spent most of his time playing computer games. I certainly cannot see him driving a body all the way to WIsconsin to dispose of it- a five hour drive then 5 hours back -he would do the easiest quickest thing IMO. Probably even a rubbish bin? BTW that looks to be a big storage site across the lake - what is that used for?
Eta it is Prime Storage Group and looks like they rent cheap units . Had to laugh - just one review it said " company don't rent from them"

She wasn't very tall so I think he would have had no problem putting her into a large gym bag or wheeled suitcase. Living on the lower floor (I think that was determined) getting the bag/suitcase out to his car would not have presented a problem to him IMO. In fact that could be how he got her in too if he had a garage and drove into that to gag and tie her up beforehand. JMO.
Just bumping to add YY's height and weight 5' 3" and 110lbs only.

<modsnip>Someone had just posted that there was no indication her body was dumped outside the city, and they seemed to indicate that it would be unlikely. My point is that the country is never far from the city in Illinois, and therefore cornfields and old barns are usually going to be a possibility.

If you read any of my posts here in the last week you would know that I am hopeful that she may turn up during harvest or hunting season, but that I have also pointed out that there are plenty of abandoned barns to check out as well.

<modsnip>

It looks to me like he had everything he might need for disposing of a body right there on his doorstep. Storage units for hire, cornfield, lake. Why drive across state with a body and risk getting a traffic stop.?
She only weighed 110lbs. Thats not much heavier than one of my dogs. I hope he does the decent thing and admits the offence and reveals where she is.

It looks to me like he had everything he might need for disposing of a body right there on his doorstep. Storage units for hire, cornfield, lake. Why drive across state with a body and risk getting a traffic stop.?
She only weighed 110lbs. Thats not much heavier than one of my dogs. I hope he does the decent thing and admits the offence and reveals where she is.

I think it unlikely too..
I wonder whether he was present when his house partner returned from weekend away?
It was well planned, very well planned according to indictment http://www.wandtv.com/story/36513959/christensen-facing-new-charges-in-yingying-zhang-kidnapping

I do not see him doing a 10 hr round trip as part of his 'experience'.

We know little about him but he appears to be lazy.

Of course, if he took her into a cornfield and buried her she may not be found till spring ploughing, if at all. But I agree that would take some effort and he looks to take the easy way e.g. he kidnapped someone just 3 miles from his home. Cannot see him driving hundreds of miles to hide a body. Has anyone looked at him for the Iowa murders in 2012? Was he in Madison uni then? (July)

Of course, if he took her into a cornfield and buried her she may not be found till spring ploughing, if at all. But I agree that would take some effort and he looks to take the easy way e.g. he kidnapped someone just 3 miles from his home. Cannot see him driving hundreds of miles to hide a body. Has anyone looked at him for the Iowa murders in 2012? Was he in Madison uni then? (July)
Not that I know of.. But somebody, apologies for not remembering name, made a strong post stating she figured he had done it before. I agree it was not his first..

A few threads back Ski girl posted a link to missing persons.. I did not actually get time to peruse it fully.. Some of the early threads here tracked his addresses with known missing persons cases in the area.. Maybe thread 1 or thread 2..?

Its certainly worth looking at again..

I am wondering, though, whether vehicle formed part of his modus operandi in the past..
I think theres more..
He was way too cool when cops first went avisiting.. lied easily.. got caught easily too.. but rehearsed nontheless

Searches ceased because FBI 'believed her to be dead, yet failed to lop on the 'causing death' clause to the kidnap charge until the very last hearing.

To the best of my knowledge, that is why the searches ceased, abruptly.

To the best of my living in Champaign, on the ground, eye witness knowledge, there never has been a search (other than cursory search of apt, lab, bus stop, etc) conducted by LE despite whatever they have to say to the contrary. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for local police to conduct any kind of comprehensive search without the community knowing about it. A search without a credible clue of where to start is a waste of time and resources!

To the best of my living in Champaign, on the ground, eye witness knowledge, there never has been a search (other than cursory search of apt, lab, bus stop, etc) conducted by LE despite whatever they have to say to the contrary. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for local police to conduct any kind of comprehensive search without the community knowing about it. A search without a credible clue of where to start is a waste of time and resources!
Are you saying in this and in other posts today that missing persons searches are not conducted in the state of Il?
what happens when people go missing?

I thought the Chinese community also did searches didn't they? Being local you would know about that. Obviously if there were clues, that's where one would search. She was last known to be at his apartment so that's the only clue that I can see.
What do you think of the possibility he has killed before?

What area of Wisconsin is he from again? I spent a lot of time in Wisconsin when I was young. I'd like to see how close he grew up to farmland. (NY guess is pretty close, based on my knowledge of Wisconsin.)

I think we do things based on what we know as well as where we are. So although he was living in the city, he may have been more comfortable disposing of the body in the country for various reasons. First, it's obviously less populated and close - 15 minutes and there are vast fields of farmland. Second, if he grew up near farmland, just in play as a child he may have been aware of all the great places to hide. (I grew up on Main Street but we played in corn fields nearby, including barns when we could get by with it.) Third, if his drive back to Wisconsin took him past fields and barns, he would be very aware of what was available on that repeated route (and I mean closer to Champaign than WI). He may have even daydreamed about doing stuff like this while driving, and thought, well that might be a good place to go...

I'm following the Sherin Mathew thread and looking at all the ways they are trying to narrow down that search. Are the campus police still in charge of this investigation? I'm wondering if they really have the resources for and grasp on what it takes to narrow a search as well as other LE might have. I know Richardson PD is getting lots of outside help because they do not have certain equipment and resources. One of the ways they are narrowing that search is by pulling the black box information from the vehicle and even pulling air filters from it. They are also using drones to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member