Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Champaign Urbana circuit court records can be searched here. I believe this is where a divorce would be filed. I found no records indicating any filings from BC or his wife.

http://champaigncircuitclerk.org/public-court-records/

That's certainly the most logical place to look, and I've looked there and couldn't find anything as well; but I don't know if you have to file where you live. You might be able to file in another county. Not really sure how this works....

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-09-10/death-penalty-raises-courtroom-stakes.html
this an older article which discusses lawyering and the death penalty in relation to BC..

Other than Christensen's inability to pay them for a death penalty defense, the Brunos revealed no reasons for wanting to divorce the area's most notorious criminal suspect.
It's possible they just don't want to invest the time a death penalty case would require, given the thriving criminal defense practice they operate. It's also possible that something has changed over the last eight weeks.

"There are two main reasons to say no. You don't feel qualified to do it. The second reason would be you have a conflict," said Urbana attorney Steve Beckett, who's been involved in six death penalty cases in his 44-year law career.
There's a third reason.
"With the amount of work it takes, I can't afford to do it," he said of a lawyer's possible response.

Just because death is an option, it doesn't mean it will be sought. There is an extensive review process at the Department of Justice that must happen first. The ultimate decision on whether to seek it is up to U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Whenever the death sentence is in play I feel a case shouldn't be rushed. A man's life is at stake and there have been PLENTY of trials where someone who was innocent was convicted or at least not given a fair trial.
BBM
A sadistic psychopth's life is at stake. I personally wouldn't refer to him as a man.

Warning: Graphic gruesome question alert.

I haven't kept up as much lately on the detail posts on this forum lately, other than knowing that YY has not been found and that (alleged) is still breathing.

I am not a local, but a UI alum (a few decades ago) and this case has haunted me since it was first reported. I was a Finance major, so don't speak physics or science, but sure someone here does, so have a really icky question to ask.

So, BC was a Physics major and "graduated" in May. His LinkedIn profile appears to have been removed, but I thought he focused on particulate matter?

This is beyond gross.....but this question has been gnawing at me. I am sure that there is an accelerator on campus (whatever that really means), given the NCSA HQ designation. Would a dead body put in an accelerator "disappear", or be rendered so minute it could not be located?

Even if theoretically possible, I don't know how BC would have still had access to UI facilities and, especially to such sensitive ones?

I appreciate any insight.

Warning: Graphic gruesome question alert.

I haven't kept up as much lately on the detail posts on this forum lately, other than knowing that YY has not been found and that (alleged) is still breathing.

I am not a local, but a UI alum (a few decades ago) and this case has haunted me since it was first reported. I was a Finance major, so don't speak physics or science, but sure someone here does, so have a really icky question to ask.

So, BC was a Physics major and "graduated" in May. His LinkedIn profile appears to have been removed, but I thought he focused on particulate matter?

This is beyond gross.....but this question has been gnawing at me. I am sure that there is an accelerator on campus (whatever that really means), given the NCSA HQ designation. Would a dead body put in an accelerator "disappear", or be rendered so minute it could not be located?

Even if theoretically possible, I don't know how BC would have still had access to UI facilities and, especially to such sensitive ones?

I appreciate any insight.
If you google, you will find his entire resume including his specialties.
We have discussed various theories here regarding disposal of her body.
I am not sure I understand what you mean by accelerator/ do you mean a chemical agent or a mixture of agents that would bring about super quick dissolution of a physical body?
We discovered no such chemical compound or blend of compounds that would bring about a total dissolution within 2 days.

If you google, you will find his entire resume including his specialties.
We have discussed various theories here regarding disposal of her body.
I am not sure I understand what you mean by accelerator/ do you mean a chemical agent or a mixture of agents that would bring about super quick dissolution of a physical body?
We discovered no such chemical compound or blend of compounds that would bring about a total dissolution within 2 days.
I think the poster was talking about a partcle accelerator, like the Hadron Collider. But to answer the poster's question, no, those machines couldn't be usef to get rid of a body. Scientists shoot beams of electrons and what not into those things, not solid objects.

I think the poster was talking about a partcle accelerator, like the Hadron Collider. But to answer the poster's question, no, those machines couldn't be usef to get rid of a body. Scientists shoot beams of electrons and what not into those things, not solid objects.
Thanks Ozoner!
Gottit https://energy.gov/articles/how-particle-accelerators-work

I read further and found this
https://www.theatlantic.com/science...k-your-head-in-a-particle-accelerator/512927/

It seems unlikely he could even have harmed her had he somehow managed to find a way to harness any of the equipment (not that he wouldn't have considered it, IMO)

Thanks Ozoner!

https://www.theatlantic.com/science...k-your-head-in-a-particle-accelerator/512927/

It seems unlikely he could even have harmed her had he somehow managed to find a way to harness any of the equipment (not that he wouldn't have considered it, IMO)

Some are afraid that the Hadron Collider at CERN may accidentally open up a black hole :earth:. If that were the case, I could imagine a use for such an accelerator if the alleged suspect were found guilty. . . Just sayin

:wink:

Thanks Ozoner!

This^^^^^

Also, BC was done with his degree and was no longer associated with the Physics department when he committed (again, allegedly) this crime. In fact, the last semester in school, he wasn't even taking any physics classes. He was taking some electives and finishing his master's thesis, IIRC. Highly, highly unlikely he could have done anything to her on campus at some facility on a Friday evening. There are cameras at entries to these buildings, and many now have keycard access. Most university IDs are now also prox cards that can be programmed to let you into buildings you are granted access to as a student/faculty/staff member. They are eventually deactivated when you graduate or otherwise leave the university. BC had just graduated, so his card might have already been deactivated, but it is possible his student ID might still have been active allowing him access to places he had access to when he was a full-time student. However, I believe your use of your card to enter buildings is logged, and I'm sure that once investigators had him in their sights, they were looking at logs of building access between the 9th and the 12th to see if he attempted to enter places on campus -and they would be looking at security camera footage from any buildings he might have tried/succeeded at gaining access to. Additionally, if we presume that the timeframe mentioned in the Chinese article is correct (she was killed ~5 hours after being picked up), it would be hard to imagine him torturing/killing her in some lab facility. First, he would have to take her to some facility AFTER having her at his apartment against her will for a while (the criminal complaint clearly mentions she was taken to his apartment, and more info on this fact was revealed at his bond hearing on the 5th of July. The superseding indictment of October 3rd also alleges he had her at his apartment). Second, he would be on campus in a research facility around 5-7 PM. At that time in these research facilities, even in the summer on a Friday evening, it would not be uncommon to find grad students or other researchers still there doing work on experiments. They wouldn't be as busy as they would in the middle of the week on a weekday evening, sure, but the possibility would still be high that a few people might be around doing things. He would know this, and he wouldn't run the risk of taking her somewhere where someone could stumble across him doing these things, and thus witness him and potentially try to intercede to stop him.

Highly, highly doubtful he did anything to her on campus.

That said, I can think of a couple of facilities on campus where he might have been able to dispose of her -but I have no idea if he would know about them; and even if he did, I doubt he could gain access to them, or if he somehow did, would be able to operate the equipment necessary and not have someone on Monday morning realize that something unusual had happened over the weekend at the facility.......

This^^^^^

Also, BC was done with his degree and was no longer associated with the Physics department when he committed (again, allegedly) this crime. In fact, the last semester in school, he wasn't even taking any physics classes. He was taking some electives and finishing his master's thesis, IIRC. Highly, highly unlikely he could have done anything to her on campus at some facility on a Friday evening. There are cameras at entries to these buildings, and many now have keycard access. Most university IDs are now also prox cards that can be programmed to let you into buildings you are granted access to as a student/faculty/staff member. They are eventually deactivated when you graduate or otherwise leave the university. BC had just graduated, so his card might have already been deactivated, but it is possible his student ID might still have been active allowing him access to places he had access to when he was a full-time student. However, I believe your use of your card to enter buildings is logged, and I'm sure that once investigators had him in their sights, they were looking at logs of building access between the 9th and the 12th to see if he attempted to enter places on campus -and they would be looking at security camera footage from any buildings he might have tried/succeeded at gaining access to. Additionally, if we presume that the timeframe mentioned in the Chinese article is correct (she was killed ~5 hours after being picked up), it would be hard to imagine him torturing/killing her in some lab facility. First, he would have to take her to some facility AFTER having her at his apartment against her will for a while (the criminal complaint clearly mentions she was taken to his apartment, and more info on this fact was revealed at his bond hearing on the 5th of July. The superseding indictment of October 3rd also alleges he had her at his apartment). Second, he would be on campus in a research facility around 5-7 PM. At that time in these research facilities, even in the summer on a Friday evening, it would not be uncommon to find grad students or other researchers still there doing work on experiments. They wouldn't be as busy as they would in the middle of the week on a weekday evening, sure, but the possibility would still be high that a few people might be around doing things. He would know this, and he wouldn't run the risk of taking her somewhere where someone could stumble across him doing these things, and thus witness him and potentially try to intercede to stop him.

Highly, highly doubtful he did anything to her on campus.

That said, I can think of a couple of facilities on campus where he might have been able to dispose of her -but I have no idea if he would know about them; and even if he did, I doubt he could gain access to them, or if he somehow did, would be able to operate the equipment necessary and not have someone on Monday morning realize that something unusual had happened over the weekend at the facility.......
good points, well made.

I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure how they came to that 5 hr time frame.
Maybe we need to think about or theorise the possibilities?
5 hrs start to her death is such a very short time frame, 4 if it took him an hour to get her there,

Then again the superseding indictment is not, in itself proof, merely something still to be proven.. or not.
LE are dealing with a highly intelligent mind.
Is it within the realm of possibilities that they merely 'threw that in there' in order to blindside him and that he never took her home at all? Is it possible they are still investigating the possibility that he had an assistant or other third party?

Then again, was it not worded as having engaged in risky behaviour that had the possibility in causing death?

I should know better than trying to second guess the feds, especially if its a sting..

good points, well made.

I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure how they came to that 5 hr time frame.
Maybe we need to think about or theorise the possibilities?
5 hrs start to her death is such a very short time frame, 4 if it took him an hour to get her there,

Then again the superseding indictment is not, in itself proof, merely something still to be proven.. or not.
LE are dealing with a highly intelligent mind.
Is it within the realm of possibilities that they merely 'threw that in there' in order to blindside him and that he never took her home at all? Is it possible they are still investigating the possibility that he had an assistant or other third party?

Then again, was it not worded as having engaged in risky behaviour that had the possibility in causing death?

I should know better than trying to second guess the feds, especially if its a sting..
I am thinking the 5 hours is from cctv records. They took cctv from businesses (the gas station?) and from the streets so I think they must show him coming back to his apartment at a particular time. They also have his phone being inactive (chip removed) for 3 hrs. They obviously don't know where he was for that 3 hrs. I am guessing he was at the apartment with YY for 2 hrs. MOO.

I am thinking the 5 hours is from cctv records. They took cctv from businesses (the gas station?) and from the streets so I think they must show him coming back to his apartment at a particular time. They also have his phone being inactive (chip removed) for 3 hrs. They obviously don't know where he was for that 3 hrs. I am guessing he was at the apartment with YY for 2 hrs. MOO.
I'm hearing you and that makes sense except for the amount of planning and prep he actually put into the act. That is listed in indictment.
It is also likely that it was indeed him who attempted to pick up a different girl earlier that day posing as security and showing a badge.. uSIC have not denied this..

What can he get up to in 2 hrs to cause death meriting all this preparation, preps we know nothing about but presumably discovered by feds already..
Possibly his enrolment in the fetweb and other sites was mere research..

In his sickness he received 2 hrs gratification from months if not years of research and planning..
3 weeks later he shares his target spotting prowess at the march and on tape..he wanted to do it again.

Why?

It makes no sense at all to kill her so quickly.
If he merely wanted a kill, he could have dropped her off a high building or a bridge or run her down with a vehicle..

My mind went to circumstances that would bring about a precise 5 hr time of death certainty.

I thought of holding her incapacitated where a tide would certainly cover her and take her at a certain time of the day. I tried to think of other cyclical events, trains etc..
But I just do not understand how he could get his jollies from any of these formats.

The FORM of her death is crucial to understanding this case.
We do not have it.. we have nothing.

I'm hearing you and that makes sense except for the amount of planning and prep he actually put into the act. That is listed in indictment.
It is also likely that it was indeed him who attempted to pick up a different girl earlier that day posing as security and showing a badge.. uSIC have not denied this..

What can he get up to in 2 hrs to cause death meriting all this preparation, preps we know nothing about but presumably discovered by feds already..
Possibly his enrolment in the fetweb and other sites was mere research..

In his sickness he received 2 hrs gratification from months if not years of research and planning..
3 weeks later he shares his target spotting prowess at the march and on tape..he wanted to do it again.

Why?

It makes no sense at all to kill her so quickly.
If he merely wanted a kill, he could have dropped her off a high building or a bridge or run her down with a vehicle..

My mind went to circumstances that would bring about a precise 5 hr time of death certainty.

I thought of holding her incapacitated where a tide would certainly cover her and take her at a certain time of the day. I tried to think of other cyclical events, trains etc..
But I just do not understand how he could get his jollies from any of these formats.

The FORM of her death is crucial to understanding this case.
We do not have it.. we have nothing.

I have had another thought about the five hours. It is 5 hours drive to Stevens Point. Did something go wrong and YY not survive very long so he headed to Wisconsin and disposed of her on the way? The 5 hours could be that he was with family 5 hours later on Friday evening perhaps?

I have had another thought about the five hours. It is 5 hours drive to Stevens Point. Did something go wrong and YY not survive very long so he headed to Wisconsin and disposed of her on the way? The 5 hours could be that he was with family 5 hours later on Friday evening perhaps?
Dunno, 'cos indictment specified he 'carried' her into his apartment.. there seems to be no way to know with any degree of certainty whether this was information gleaned from the tape alone or substantiated with other evidence.

'something went wrong'.. yeah- probably quite a helluva lot can go wrong with strangulations, ropes, plastic bags over heads and whatever other implements of terror he chose.

Probably monomania on my part but finding it near impossible to let go of my feeling that his plan was to abduct her and then hold her as a slave in a place he had pre-prepared.

Even sociopathic psychopathic sadistic cruel living entities frequently apply rational logical common sense to their actions.

Is it even impossible that she remains, deceased, locked up still in such a place?

http://scholarly-journals.com/sjsre/publications/2016/March/pdf/Akwash.pdf

statistical reporting of abductions.When it comes to kidnapping, in terms of forensicpsychology, there are generally a few main motivations.First and foremost is sexual gratification. Often a personwill kidnap in order to hold the victim prisoner as a sexualslave. In extreme cases, kidnappers may torture and killtheir victims when they no longer have any use for them.These types of cases are incredibly disturbing and oftenleave a lasting impact on the psyche of society. (good article)
Possibly gives us more insight into the workings of his mind.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2627800/

[FONT=&quot]Extended periods of captivity may also lead to ‘learned helplessness’[/FONT][FONT=&quot]17[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in which individuals come to believe that no matter what they do to improve their circumstances, nothing is effective. This is reminiscent of the automaton-like state reported by concentration camp victims (‘walking corpses’).[/FONT][FONT=&quot]18

[/FONT]Is this what he sought, really?

Since we’re off into speculative la-la-land again, I’ll just throw out another scenario:
Keep in mind that the whole Fetlife site he frequented involved people with consensual fantasies. I think it's possible he was so delusional and fantasy-driven that he honestly thought he could kidnap a young female, bring her back to his apt., and she would essentially fall in love with him, finding him irresistible and being into the same fantasies he was into. There may have been no original intent/plan to murder, until (unexpected to him) YZ fought and resisted, causing him to accidentally or deliberately kill her, and then panic to dispose of her body.
NOT saying I believe this IS the scenario, just that it's one I haven’t seen brought up much.

I feel BC always intended to kill her. There is NO way she could be allowed to live to tell on him. I think the accident may have been that he killed sooner than originally planned. JMO

I feel BC always intended to kill her. There is NO way she could be allowed to live to tell on him. I think the accident may have been that he killed sooner than originally planned. JMO
I wonder if he ever got her to a pre-prepared place?
If not I wonder whether that pre-prepared place can be easily located?
Assuming still he intended to prolong the capture of his victim, prior to killing her in some gruesome fashion which he intended filming..

I'm with agilbe in that he did plan on killing her ultimately..

By using the march to target another victim, he showed absolutely no remorse, no guilt, no misgivings at all.Life means very little to him.

I sincerely doubt YingYing was his first victim..

I wonder if he ever got her to a pre-prepared place?
If not I wonder whether that pre-prepared place can be easily located?
Assuming still he intended to prolong the capture of his victim, prior to killing her in some gruesome fashion which he intended filming..

I'm with agilbe in that he did plan on killing her ultimately..

By using the march to target another victim, he showed absolutely no remorse, no guilt, no misgivings at all.Life means very little to him.

I sincerely doubt YingYing was his first victim..

Bolded: I completely agree.

This^^

The special findings section of the superseding indictment states that the act was planned and premeditated to result in the death of a person. That says to me that he always intended to kill whoever he managed to kidnap, because torture and death were what he was after, or at the very least, he knew he could never let whoever he kidnapped and tortured go, because they would go to the police.

My feeling is that he always did this with the intent of torturing someone in some manner, and they would either die from the torture, or he would kill them when he had had his fill.

Whether five hours after he had picked her up, she died during torture of some kind, or he had decided he had his fill and it was time to finish her and begin the cleanup and coverup, we will only know when things are revealed at the trial....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem