Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Hate that I'm working with vague memories again but way back when one of the posters talked of seeing BC (and wife) at the gym regularly I think they mentioned seeing him with a large gym dufflebag. The person even posted one photo of him at the gym and that may have included a large bag, I can't remember?
And yeah, landfills, even when you know the section to look at, can take many months to search (and is dangerous work) -- in some criminal cases bodies have never been found even when known to be in a landfill.
I remember those posts.. they were really informative...
I cannot remember who made them or which thread..

THANKS... that's huge! and makes so much sense... am only surprised that BC would deposit such a dufflebag in his own complex dumpsters rather than drive to some other dumpster in dark of night. Landfills can take VERY long time to search, but am still surprised this has not leaked out before now, since several folks must know. Bodily remains could still be difficult to ID (if bag open/exposed), though if bag was sealed tightly it will be easy and there will be other items in it.

ETA: when I last researched landfills, I think I found there were at most 3 that all Champaign/Urbana trash went to... any chance you feel comfortable saying which one your dad serviced?

I do know the landfill my dad dumps at, yes. But I won’t disclose the location just in case. He said the FBI started showing up out there about 2-3 months ago. He didn’t say specifically she was dumped in stone gates dumpsters.

Just the chatter “2 duffel bags or 1 large duffel bag”. I asked him if they will eventually be able to find her, he said yes they will, just takes a long time.

Wanted to share a few things that I’ve known for awhile, but didn’t know if I should post or not. My father is a garbage man in champaign and has been for 32 years, and happens to pickup stonegate apartments.

He informed the FBI has indeed quarantined a section of the landfill where he dumps, and searching. He also said they will be able to go through and eventually find her. The chatter around the landfill was that the FBI are looking for a very large duffel bag, as a witness seen BC throwing one away in the dumpster at his complex.

I know you asked cautiously.. no offence intended..
Its likely though that info did not arrive until quite late.. so had been overfilled several times, is a possibility?
not sure how cadaver dogs would far out in such a situation.. with very many tipped loads covering it.. could be pretty difficult.

I have no idea when they started excavating, but I was told they would be out there for months, if necessary.
This is a well-known case in which a teenage murder victim was found in a landfill 2+ years after her disappearance:
http://lubbockonline.com/stories/102406/upd_4448288.shtml

[video=youtube;pvH-fuStzUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvH-fuStzUI&app=desktop[/video]

Thanks so much for that.. it makes perfect sense.
what a shame they did not manage to complete the task before the zhangs returned to China..
It can take months to perform a proper organised landfill search. I wonder if the family know about this?

yeah, that's why I asked it cautiously... the public wouldn't have access to the landfill, but LE might still fear it could attract gawkers to the area if the information is accurate (in which case whoever saw BC drop the dufflebag in the dumpster is probably the one eligible for some reward). I was also curious because way back when, I even did a google satellite search of one (maybe 2?) of the landfills looking for police activity, but didn't see anything.

In the Corrie Mckeague LF search press have helicopters over the site photographing and reporting. I cannot really believe the press aren't on to this. It's not really something that could be kept quiet IMO.

In the Corrie Mckeague LF search press have helicopters over the site photographing and reporting. I cannot really believe the press aren't on to this. It's not really something that could be kept quiet IMO.
It seems a lot more is being kept quiet in this case, as compared to others. The lack of information about searches has been upsetting to me because she was a guest in my country, and my state, and it has appeared like we somehow care less between lack of searches and lack of media information. Now I realize this all could be wrong, but I still wish that LE would have offered us more assurance that there were reasons for not having large, organized searches.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It seems a lot more is being kept quiet in this case, as compared to others. The lack of information about searches has been upsetting to me because she was a guest in my country, and my state, and it has appeared like we somehow care less between lack of searches and lack of media information. Now I realize this all could be wrong, but I still wish that LE would have offered us more assurance that there were reasons for not having large, organized searches.

Without a LE or MSM link unfortunately we must take this LF search as a rumour unless Chambana wants to become a VI with WS. (Sorry for the alphabet soup folks :smile: )

Without a LE or MSM link unfortunately we must take this LF search as a rumour unless Chambana wants to become a VI with WS. (Sorry for the alphabet soup folks [emoji2] )
That's why I said "could" be wrong. I'm hoping this is the case, though.

No idea when/if they have started. They may have waited until they could corroborate the tip by finding out if Christensen purchase a large duffel bag, or if someone had ever witnessed him with one. IIRC, they would have received the tip sometime between June 17--19th.
Why those dates? Do you have a link about the tip dates?
So a tip about a tip, :confused:

Couple thoughts here. I also am a tad skeptical that there is a search of LF's . If for no other reason than I can't see how something that would require that amount of manpower, machinery and resources could be kept a secret. Landfills are pretty scarce here in central IL. I actually only kmow
of one.It's in Danville IL. About 40 miles west of Champaign.
And secondly , who is this tipster that saw BC throwing a duffle bag in a dumpster? If it was something that was noteworthy enough to recall , why would that person not have at least looked in the dumpster to see whats up? Or call the cops? Just strikes me as odd. Thoughts?

Couple thoughts here. I also am a tad skeptical that there is a search of LF's . If for no other reason than I can't see how something t
ow of one in Danville IL. About 40 miles west of Champaign.
And secondly , who is this tipster that saw BC throwing a duffle bag in a dumpster? If it was something that was noteworthy enough to recall , why would that person not have at least looked in the dumpster to see whats up? Or call the cops? Just strikes me as odd. Thoughts?

My father is not lying, he’s been involved in the garbage business his whole life, he owned his own Garbage business at one point. And as far as the “tipster” who never called or looked in the dumpster to see what’s up, are you watching your neighbors every move? Absolutely not. When you see your neighbors car in the news about an alleged kidnapping, you think “hey maybe that duffel bag I thought nothing about, was something, but at the time meant nothing” I’m sure that’s the scenario here.

Think about it, you see your neighbor throwing away a duffel bag in the dumpster PRIOR to being a suspect in a kidnapping/murder. Would you automatically think oh man I better go check that duffel bag just to make sure. The answer is NO.

I do know the landfill my dad dumps at, yes. But I won’t disclose the location just in case. He said the FBI started showing up out there about 2-3 months ago. He didn’t say specifically she was dumped in stone gates dumpsters.

Just the chatter “2 duffel bags or 1 large duffel bag”. I asked him if they will eventually be able to find her, he said yes they will, just takes a long time.

Chambana: Your info. is very much appreciated. Please continue to update us as often as you can.

Yes I saw Danville and noticed the massive amount of lakes previously mentioned at Kikapoo. (Both east of Champaign). I think the State Park is more likely. Hundreds go missing in State parks every year so she would never be found there IMO.

Couple thoughts here. I also am a tad skeptical that there is a search of LF's . If for no other reason than I can't see how something that would require that amount of manpower, machinery and resources could be kept a secret. Landfills are pretty scarce here in central IL. I actually only kmow
of one.It's in Danville IL. About 40 miles west of Champaign.

Yeah I wonder how they kept such information from leaking out, but of course landfills are way out of people's sight, so they would only have to swear a few employees to secrecy (p.s., I've found 4 landfills within an hour of Champaign, but the Danville one is the most likely, and I even think when I looked into this months ago, it was the one receiving trash from the Stonegate section of Champaign-Urbana).
As far as the purported person who saw BC throw a dufflebag into dumpster they may not have thought much about it at the moment, but recalled it much later when realizing BC drove an Astra or maybe not even 'til BC was arrested at end of month. A landfill makes a lot of sense from many aspects and offers simple answers to a lot of questions, but time will tell. [ETA: Ahh, I see Chambana has already addressed this latter issue.]

A couple hours due west of Champaign, the snow is really coming down right now. I doubt it will stick, but I just wanted to point out that the Illinois weather is going to complicate a search for her body, whether in a landfill or elsewhere, as I said.

I wish I knew more about how well cadaver dogs can function in a landfill situation, and in winter when everything freezes up. Seems a landfill would be overwhelming with scents of rotting meat thrown out anyway, and might confuse them.

A couple hours due west of Champaign, the snow is really coming down right now. I doubt it will stick, but I just wanted to point out that the Illinois weather is going to complicate a search for her body, whether in a landfill or elsewhere, as I said.

I wish I knew more about how well cadaver dogs can function in a landfill situation, and in winter when everything freezes up. Seems a landfill would be overwhelming with scents of rotting meat thrown out anyway, and might confuse them.

Right, from what I've read cadaver dogs are often useless in landfill cases (though of course it can depend on specific circumstances); humans generally have to wear masks for the toxic fumes that may be emitted, and there are tons of other dangers as well. Even without snow this would be an arduous process (the snow may actually reduce fumes, vermin, and some other dangers). I imagine they'll simply be sifting through tons of garbage looking for a large dufflebag.

Noone has suggested anyone is lying but it is rumour as it is not from a verified source , LE or MSM. There is a big difference in FBI visiting LF's and saying BOLO for one or two large duffles and a full scale search, which could not be kept secret IMO. In this instance we have no verification of the scale of this at all.

As I said, I have followed a full scale LF search which is still ongoing in Suffolk, England. Cadaver dogs cannot function in a LF because of all the smells, as you say . Winter is actually better to search, less heat exhaustion for the searchers. Not sure in Illinois though because the material would be rock hard and unable to be manually raked, as the LEO's are doing in Suffolk.

As I said, I have followed a full scale LF search which is still ongoing in Suffolk, England. Cadaver dogs cannot function in a LF because of all the smells, as you say . Winter is actually better to search, less heat exhaustion for the searchers. Not sure in Illinois though because the material would be rock hard and unable to be manually raked, as the LEO's are doing in Suffolk.
Yup. Have to get to it before everything turns into one solid ice cube and pray we don't get the amount of snow we got in 2013, which never melted, and was as tall as me on the shoulders of the road out here from being plowed. It never got less than knee deep in my yard all winter. Just kept piling on with no melting. And when you get some melting and it freezes again, then it's layers of snow and ice in the landfill and in yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member