DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an expression here. Selling cars would be described as 'clocked at'
Cars are female here. Her.
They might ask re mileage 'how much is on her?' or' what's she clocked at?'
I was asking people that question on Twitter yesterday and I was wondering why they weren't replying to me!
Yeah, she probably did not have a clue though she was on a very tight budget.
That was stressing him out more than the loss of her. He'd have to get a job even ! A real job! And he'd been indulged for a full 8 years and he didn't know how he'd exist in changed circumstances, his texts to TB...

Ah... French is the only language I know that has gender in their language ? Tu parle Francais aussi ?

I drive 80 miles a day. And it takes me 2 hours depending traffic. So we calculate the time he had to drive to get rid of yyz.

"Why did Michelle fill the petrol tank when she knew she was going away for the weekend?" Good question Kitty. Champaign- Urbana is a midsize city where things are really accessible (groceries, gym, movies, restaurants, parks, you name it) within 10 miles, especially where B.C. lived. One does not need a full tank of gas for the weekend, even to have a busy one. Saturns give also excellent gas mileage so I don't get it.

On a different note, I want to clarify that Champaign is NOT by any means an isolated, hard to reach location. I think to city people the roads outside of Champaign seem desolate and remote but they are most certainly not to rural folks. They farm that land and know it like the back of their hand. They hunt that land, there are lots of residences that are not visible from the highway.

These days L.E. is able to find bodies in truly remote deserts and wild areas. Please keep in mind that what looks vacant to people who are driving through are other peoples' backyards. Champaign is not surrounded by vast wastelands of anything.

I’ve been trying to find that creepy video of BC when he was in high school....can’t find it anywhere...

I also want to know why Michelle filled up the car, why she gave BC the task of sharpening knives - weird and random, why she agreed to pay for a $50 6foot canvas bag to house a cat tree(?) for his new girlfriend, and why she was naked when detectives showed up after knowing BC was suspected in YY’s disappearance if their marriage was ending and she just got back from a weekend with her new boyfriend and she was sleeping on a “nosebleed” stain (was he even prone to them?) under that creepy black flag...so many many questions do I have about her

What a terrifying and well put summary. I hope police asked about all these things.

I’ve been trying to find that creepy video of BC when he was in high school....can’t find it anywhere...

I also want to know why Michelle filled up the car, why she gave BC the task of sharpening knives - weird and random, why she agreed to pay for a $50 6foot canvas bag to house a cat tree(?) for his new girlfriend, and why she was naked when detectives showed up after knowing BC was suspected in YY’s disappearance if their marriage was ending and she just got back from a weekend with her new boyfriend and she was sleeping on a “nosebleed” stain (was he even prone to them?) under that creepy black flag...so many many questions do I have about her

bold added...
won't attempt answers for most of your questions, but for the first two I think there are innocent possibilities: if her car was near empty on Tues. I think she would fill it up on Wed. even if leaving town soon -- at least I know when my car gets below a certain point (of gas) I automatically fill it, even if I won't be using it the next few days.
My understanding of the knife-sharpening is simply that BC was lazy around the house and Michelle was trying to find tasks he was willing and good at doing (she said she was no good at it) -- I don't think it was necessarily related to the crime, just a typical married couple trying to divide up household chores.
One thing I'm just curious about is whether MZ heard of the Champaign crime while she was in Wisconsin, or did she only learn of it upon her return to Champaign on Sunday? (as I recall there wasn't a whole lot of national news coverage of it until Monday when the video of the Astra was released).

My husband dislikes household chores as much as the next guy. He vacuums and unloads the dishwasher and takes care of the yard work. That’s our deal. But, Specifically assigning him as knife sharpener and mentioning that at a murder trial where he has admitted to stabbing someone? There is waaayyy more to that story...and her motivation in telling it. JMO.

I agree. She is trying to hide the fact that B.C. was planning that whole week on a weekend kill and he gleefully ( I imagine) busied himself sharpening all knives in preparation for his kill. Not only was the murder premeditated, but planned and anticipated.

Sorry, she gets no praise from me.

What does the wife gain by enabling him?
Does she feel sorry for him? and why? He could have killed her.
Is she hoping for a book deal?

I think prosecution may have stated he googled knife sharpening and she was trying to neutralise that. Not 100% sure of that.
She stated she had asked him to sharpen them but that he had not done so.
There was no need for her to mention it at all, it served no purposes, we had evidence he googled detergents to remove blood stains.
She also said there was no smell when she returned, that's hard to believe.

Is there video footage of her speaking? I do not feel she is being truthful. Would love to analyze her body language.

Birds of a Feather flock together?

There’s a video of her walking into courthouse. She has an unusual gait IMO. BC has been described as having an unusual gait as well, by a fellow apartment neighbor or gym member IIRC. Someone said she had a fetlife account, mrs O’Brien? If she went as far as to have that account, she was likely into bdsm as well.

If my husband murdered a college girl, believe me, his defense team would not be calling me as his witness.
I gotta be frank here. Some of what MZ has said and done is just plain puzzling to me The thing about asking him to sharpen the knives???Huh?
The fact she was conveniently gone the weekend he does this....
When she comes back...she says the apartment looks and SMELLS the same?? smells the same??
also ..why are the messages BC sent to her on the day of the abduction redacted?

She's untrustworthy IMHO.
She either needs serious mental help for trauma (PTSD) to recover from being married to that sicko or mental help for her own issues on top of it.

There’s a video of her walking into courthouse. She has an unusual gait IMO. BC has been described as having an unusual gait as well, by a fellow apartment neighbor or gym member IIRC. Someone said she had a fetlife account, mrs O’Brien? If she went as far as to have that account, she was likely into bdsm as well.

any video footage of her? I'm trying to get a body language read on her.

me too.
It's all a bit disturbing. No one has nose bleeds that soak up half a mattress. She's NOT that dumb, and slept in it.

I noticed a nerdy gait that did not surprised me, but I was surprised to see her walk inside alone (no comforting family or friends), head held up high (no sunglasses, hat, scarf or posture showing she is in distress or ashamed of being caught up in this), wearing a red shirt (of all colors), form fitting clothing (maybe confortable but hum), and hair flowing in the wind.

She does not strike me as a delicate flower who is concerned about being judged or mortified to be dragged into this horror. She testified also that her sidepiece was a coworker and I can imagine the gossip and harsh judgement of whoever works in that place having a married woman and a man carrying on an affair. She is not on trial or suspected by the police of anything but she is certainly not exhibiting signs of being conflicted or afraid of public judgement. Of course, she could still be and just not show it but what I see is someone with enough inner resolve to do something other people would never.

Last edited:
"Why did Michelle fill the petrol tank when she knew she was going away for the weekend?" Good question Kitty. Champaign- Urbana is a midsize city where things are really accessible (groceries, gym, movies, restaurants, parks, you name it) within 10 miles, especially where B.C. lived. One does not need a full tank of gas for the weekend, even to have a busy one. Saturns give also excellent gas mileage so I don't get it.

While Michelle’s overall behavior surrounding her seeming enabling and defense of bc are certainly bizarre, I think people are reading way too much into the full gas tank issue. Very simply, if your car were below the level you consider the point where you need to add more (and this varies from person to person obviously.... I wait til I’m on fumes mostly lol), would you fill the tank or would you only put in the amount you planned to need for your next outing or the next 2 days? I think pretty much everyone fills the tank completely or you would be going to the gas station multiple times a week for no reason. Sometimes the simple answer is the most likely.... she filled the tank because the car was out of gas.

I certainly see your point. I also think taking each incident in isolation from others makes them more easily justifiable. For me, each individual action takes on significance only when also giving them context. In the ex-wife's case, the marriage is on its last legs, she is going off with her paramour, B.C. is an unemployed, lazy, and alcoholic (by her own admission) soon to be ex-husband who also has a paramour to whom he devotes a significant amount of time. If someone can tell me that they have been in near identical circumstances and they still took the time to fill up the tank for the car that the soon to be ex will use to carry on with his paramour that weekend, I'll listen.

While Michelle’s overall behavior surrounding her seeming enabling and defense of bc are certainly bizarre, I think people are reading way too much into the full gas tank issue. Very simply, if your car were below the level you consider the point where you need to add more (and this varies from person to person obviously.... I wait til I’m on fumes mostly lol), would you fill the tank or would you only put in the amount you planned to need for your next outing? I think pretty much everyone fills the tank completely or you would be going to the gas station multiple times a week for no reason. Sometimes the simple answer is the most likely.... she filled the tank because the car was out of gas.

Last edited:
<rsbm>

If someone can tell me that they have been in near identical circumstances and they still took the time to fill up the tank for the car that the soon to be ex will use to carry on with his paramour that weekend, I'll listen.

Not nearly identical, but my DH is retired, while I still go to work 5 (sometimes 6) days each week.

IIRC, BC currently had no known responsibilties while MZC went to work to support them. Yes, she knew she would be out-of-town that weekend, and she knew that she would be driving back to work when she returned.

JMHO YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member