Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense. It is also possible she did not anticipate that he would drive the car that much in her absence. I think that is possible. I would just think the car use would then be that much of a red flag for her since she would've needed that gas to drive around for the week and instead B.C. helped himself to it. Remember, he said he does not have any friends so essentially she would've expected him to drive to the liquor store, T.B.'s, and the gym. I don't recall there being an argument over the gas use .

If someone can tell me that they have been in near identical circumstances and they still took the time to fill up the tank for the car that the soon to be ex will use to carry on with his paramour that weekend, I'll listen.

SBM.

Once upon a time, I was in a failing relationship with a person who was not working while I was. It made me nuts that I would get into one of the cars and be faced with a 1/4 tank of gas or less--thus needing to take time out of my commute or going to some activity to fill the dang thing up. I travelled a lot at night, often late at night. I was also cheap and when I drove by a station with a good price I filled the tank. I tended to keep the car filled. My partner (soon to be former partner) didn't care about my convenience or preferences and often rode until the tank was empty.

On another note, I also dated someone who keep logs of their fill ups so to average the MPG --not from a business log need but a genuine curiosity. That relationship didn't last either.........

Point taken. Thank you!

SBM.

Once upon a time, I was in a failing relationship with a person who was not working while I was. It made me nuts that I would get into one of the cars and be faced with a 1/4 tank of gas or less--thus needing to take time out of my commute or going to some activity to fill the dang thing up. I travelled a lot at night, often late at night. I was also cheap and when I drove by a station with a good price I filled the tank. I tended to keep the car filled. My partner (soon to be former partner) didn't care about my convenience or preferences and often rode until the tank was empty.

On another note, I also dated someone who keep logs of their fill ups so to average the MPG --not from a business log need but a genuine curiosity. That relationship didn't last either.........

I believe it was stated somewhere, maybe more than one place, that technically bc’s car was the camaro and he didn’t use the Astra as his regular car. She likely didn’t fill it up with the intention of him using it, but as was stated probably so she didn’t have to get it before work on Monday after she came back from her trip. She was well used to him being a freeloader and lazy most likely though, so probably it didn’t register much reaction for him to have used it. She was paying for his camaro gas too technically after all, and everything else his no-salary self purchased.

I have a suspicion that given what seems to be a codependent relationship, she may harbor some misplaced guilt in the way of if she hadn’t gone away that weekend or hadn’t wanted to see somebody else, YY wouldn’t be dead, and maybe the notion of 2 people being dead because of that choice via the death penalty of the second is more than and wants to hold for the rest of her life. Hope she gets herself some therapy.

"Why did Michelle fill the petrol tank when she knew she was going away for the weekend?" Good question Kitty. Champaign- Urbana is a midsize city where things are really accessible (groceries, gym, movies, restaurants, parks, you name it) within 10 miles, especially where B.C. lived. One does not need a full tank of gas for the weekend, even to have a busy one. Saturns give also excellent gas mileage so I don't get it.

On a different note, I want to clarify that Champaign is NOT by any means an isolated, hard to reach location. I think to city people the roads outside of Champaign seem desolate and remote but they are most certainly not to rural folks. They farm that land and know it like the back of their hand. They hunt that land, there are lots of residences that are not visible from the highway.

These days L.E. is able to find bodies in truly remote deserts and wild areas. Please keep in mind that what looks vacant to people who are driving through are other peoples' backyards. Champaign is not surrounded by vast wastelands of anything.
I was speaking as someone who grew up in and lives in rural Illinois, not as a city person. Yes, the land is owned and farmed, but it’s a lot of land with little population (and vacant of people even if it is someone’s “backyard”). And there are plenty of rural spots that neither farmers nor hunters are likely to stumble upon a body - such as the lines of trees among the fields. By describing the sparse population I was not denigrating it. The feeling of being alone with few neighbors is, in fact why many people choose to live the rural life.

I am of the opinion that if he dumped her in one of the areas I described, she may not be found in my lifetime. For instance, if there is a body in the line of trees I posted a pic of - it will never be found. I wouldn’t know it, despite it being “in my backyard.”

SBM.

For me, it’s simply that I hate getting gas so much that I fill it to the max so I don’t have to go to the gas station multiple times in the next week or two.

She's untrustworthy IMHO.
She either needs serious mental help for trauma (PTSD) to recover from being married to that sicko or mental help for her own issues on top of it.

Why would anyone call ex wife to testify ? Is she involved in the 12 murder that bc boasted ?

I was speaking as someone who grew up in and lives in rural Illinois, not as a city person. Yes, the land is owned and farmed, but it’s a lot of land with little population (and vacant of people even if it is someone’s “backyard”). And there are plenty of rural spots that neither farmers nor hunters are likely to stumble upon a body - such as the lines of trees among the fields. By describing the sparse population I was not denigrating it. The feeling of being alone with few neighbors is, in fact why many people choose to live the rural life.

I am of the opinion that if he dumped her in one of the areas I described, she may not be found in my lifetime. For instance, if there is a body in the line of trees I posted a pic of - it will never be found. I wouldn’t know it, despite it being “in my backyard.”

YES! I live in a town of 2900 people, but I don't live IN town, I live on a 40 acre hobby farm on the outskirts. You have to cross a small creek to get to the tree line of our property in back, and with all the rain we've had, it's flooded. In a dry year we rarely go back there, basically once a year to check the fence and cut weeds. So a body could easily be hidden there and we wouldn't know it.

No I didn't mean there was prior contact to the car pick-up but she did get in voluntarily so what happened will be based on what BC states. He may say she agreed to go with him back to his apartment. That was my point. And then he might say he was just fantasizing in his recounting that TB got on tape. We haven't heard what the defense say happened yet have we? I still have to catch up on the last few pages I think.

The defense says he killed her, and as far as I know they haven't disputed how the government believes he got her into the car, and how he got her back to his apartment. Were they to try and say YY went to his apartment with him willingly, the government would probably have had the Chinese culture expert to testify as to why she would behave that way.

Again, I haven't seen the transcripts of what BC tells Bullis about the kidnapping (and I don't know if we ever will), but tweets on the testimony have seemed to indicate that BC had YY's hands bound in the car before he took her to the apartment.

YES! I live in a town of 2900 people, but I don't live IN town, I live on a 40 acre hobby farm on the outskirts. You have to cross a small creek to get to the tree line of our property in back, and with all the rain we've had, it's flooded. In a dry year we rarely go back there, basically once a year to check the fence and cut weeds. So a body could easily be hidden there and we wouldn't know it.

This is one of the reasons I think he picked out a secluded spot and pre-prepared a hole to dump her in. No one would likely stumble across it before he used it, and no one would likely stumble across it after he used it -and if he covered it over with brush after burying her, anyone going through the area wouldn't notice a thing -and no one might go near the spot for months to years.

Just a couple of things:

1) Peter K is TEB’s main(?) boyfriend, lived in Springfield; not clear to me if he & BC ever met?

2) Also not clear to me if “Lost Angel” and BC ever got together at all (or only messaged)… I wonder only because he says he was about 2 hrs. from her, and Springfield is about 2 hrs. from Champaign (as are a LOT of places). So just perhaps he knew the roadway to Springfield well; IF he took YY’s remains an hour or so away, is that the direction he would’ve headed in? Just grasping at straws… (he would’ve also known the roadway north back toward Wisconsin well, and perhaps west to recreational Clinton Lake…. who knows).

Anyway, will be interesting to see how Defense fashions their final argument on Monday… will they spend much time trying to show weaknesses/holes in Prosecution evidence, or will all the emphasis be on BC not getting adequate care, when sought, at U of I? Or, will they have some new gambit to play?

I don't think Springfield is 2 hours away. I've driven down a few times Decatur is about 40 min, and then Springfield is another half hour or so after that.

The FBI searched Clinton Lake in late November of 2017. Don't know if that included divers, or just searches along the shoreline and in the wooded areas surrounding. They were searching well into 2018, so they have probably searched a lot of the areas you would think of immediately surrounding the area..

The defense says he killed her, and as far as I know they haven't disputed how the government believes he got her into the car, and how he got her back to his apartment.... <snip>

Again, I haven't seen the transcripts of what BC tells Bullis about the kidnapping (and I don't know if we ever will), but tweets on the testimony have seemed to indicate that BC had YY's hands bound in the car before he took her to the apartment.

Again, I think the Prosecution was amazingly vague about what happened after YY enters BC’s vehicle… how quickly, and how and where, she was disabled? Did he or did he not then drive straight back to the apt. or go elsewhere first? How did he get her inside apt. so confidently unseen, unheard, in broad daylight?
I have my own suppositions about all this by now (including that she was deceased within 90 mins. of getting in car), but am amazed there wasn’t more detail offered at trial.

Again, I think the Prosecution was amazingly vague about what happened after YY enters BC’s vehicle… how quickly, and how and where, she was disabled? Did he or did he not then drive straight back to the apt. or go elsewhere first? How did he get her inside apt. so confidently unseen, unheard, in broad daylight?
I have my own suppositions about all this by now (including that she was deceased within 90 mins. of getting in car), but am amazed there wasn’t more detail offered at trial.

I don’t think they have any detail to offer. The crux of their entire case seems to be only BC’s words alone on the wire conversations. He doesn’t ever touch on there on how he incapacitated or transported her, and he presumably got rid of pretty much anything involved, if there were other objects involved, besides the bat.

Yes, especially when cleaning is not his thing per previous testimony. If the whole apt smelled of bleach. That would be unusual for the guy who doesn't like to clean. I just wonder how hard the detectives went at interviewing her. I wish there was video of that.
And yet MZ said on the stand that when she returned the apartment " looked and smelled " the same...I think MZ knows far more than she's saying...dunno why the prosecution didn't hammer her with questions..

I just walked outside and took this picture. It is very possible that she is in one of these narrow groves of trees you see from time to time sort of in the middle of cornfields. If so, no one will ever find her because no one ever has reason to walk through these lines of trees and/or brush. Why are these trees here instead of more beans or corn? Most likely, there's a ravine that can't be farmed. So volunteer trees and brush grow up. Farmers have zero reason to go in them. In fact, it's also where a lot of poison hemlock is, and nobody wants to come into contact with that. It's an excellent place to dump a body.

I also live in a rural area of champagin county...It's so hard to try and dsecribe just how spread out things are once you get outside of a town. I think kitty lives in England? I watch a tv show called Wheeler Dealers that started out in England. They fix up and sell cars..anyway they would always take the car out for a drive when it was done..as I have never been to England , I was stunned at just how much countryside is there as well...Now imagine someone in your town who has 5 hours and a 60 mile circle to hide a 100# bag...
I remember way back at the beginning of all this when myself and many others were so pissed at the lackadasical searches being conducted..and then we all kind of agreed that maybe the FBI just knew stuff we didn't and we'd just wait till the trial...right???
Well..that day is here..and NOTHING is being said as to where this poor girls remains are...there is no earthly way this moronic BC found a way to render a body to dust in 5 hours!! Someone jog my memory here...on what day did BC take the dufflebag out to " deliver the cat tree..( for the love of god!! )..how long was he gone?? And I'll say it here and now...I think MZ KNEW! the second this trial is over the FBI needs to lean real heavy on that woman..

And yet MZ said on the stand that when she returned the apartment " looked and smelled " the same...I think MZ knows far more than she's saying...dunno why the prosecution didn't hammer her with questions..
Okay , he mostly used hydrogen peroxide to clean, good for cleaning bloodstains, no chemical smell. Draino is quite a different thing though.. if it's equivalent to drain unblocking stuff in Europe , it may have a strong chemical smell. He did not use bleach which does smell. the mattress stain was not huge.. see evidence photos, but was noticeable at a stretch.. see photo s.

The prosecution gained quite a significant amount of helpful information from Michelle in the early days.
Gazette wrote about this information. I elieve she was quite helpful, told them about dreams he claimed he had, things he had written, none of the information she gave them exonerated him, on the contrary. At one stage they asked her if she thought him capable of killing and she responded in the affirmative. There was also a jail letter he wrote her , not included in evidence cos defense objected. Now i fly off my head when people dump info on posts without links but that's what i'm doing here now because I'm not adept at rooting out early posts from older threads..

I believe Michelle's information helped them considerably in nailing him.

He started communicating with her from prison very early on, july 4, I think..
She started working for his defense a year before she retracted her search permission , nov '18, far as I recall.
So, prosecution had quite a lot of information courtesy of Michelle.
I was still surprised they didn't cross-examine her.
I do suspect that the 'thing' he told her that changed their relationship, while he was drunk was something like his admission to TB about the 12 others.

I also think that she gave this drunken testimony to the police in the early days.
She was frightened.
She asked them if she should consider obtaining a barring orde against them.
He searched the knife sharpening back in April, April 25, I think.
It's on the exhibit list.
The only reason I can think of regarding the lack of cross was that the prosecution knew enough and did not need to do it.

Maybe they do and maybe they do not.
We know nothing, on the other hand.
I'm interested in what her family's questions are at this stage.

Her father and her brother sit there every single day, listening through an interpreter to everything that is stated.

Yes, reinterview her and her married boyfriend Ryan and his wife. One of them will break.

I also live in a rural area of champagin county...It's so hard to try and dsecribe just how spread out things are once you get outside of a town. I think kitty lives in England? I watch a tv show called Wheeler Dealers that started out in England. They fix up and sell cars..anyway they would always take the car out for a drive when it was done..as I have never been to England , I was stunned at just how much countryside is there as well...Now imagine someone in your town who has 5 hours and a 60 mile circle to hide a 100# bag...
I remember way back at the beginning of all this when myself and many others were so pissed at the lackadasical searches being conducted..and then we all kind of agreed that maybe the FBI just knew stuff we didn't and we'd just wait till the trial...right???
Well..that day is here..and NOTHING is being said as to where this poor girls remains are...there is no earthly way this moronic BC found a way to render a body to dust in 5 hours!! Someone jog my memory here...on what day did BC take the dufflebag out to " deliver the cat tree..( for the love of god!! )..how long was he gone?? And I'll say it here and now...I think MZ KNEW! the second this trial is over the FBI needs to lean real heavy on that woman..

A friend of mine owns about 10 acres outside of Fisher IL. it buts up on another farmers land so it pretty much takes up a large area..He keeps a 10 foot wide path mowed to an area out back that he uses as his burn pile area. We will sometimes cookout there and drink a few beers...one time we were out there having a get together and someone happened to be clownin around in the grassy area behind the burn pile and there...not 50 feet from where he routinely mows was the skeletons of 2 deer that had locked antlers and died of hunger most likely..yet they had laid there undetected long enough that they were both bare skeletons..

I agree that we can only form theories that fit the facts of the case. Thanks for clarifying there was no bleach smell Kitty.

If she was a conspirator or an accessory after the fact (helped him get rid of evidence of his guilt) it would also make sense for her to point the finger at him to save her own behind in the early stages. The cops had the idiot on video picking up YYZ. There was a treasure trove of forensic evidence in the apartment, they had his internet history, what good would tales of his dreams do the police to prove their case? She testified for the defense not the prosecution. If she had given up the location of YYZ or worn a wire, I would grant without hesitation that she helped nail him but I'm not seeing how anything she said would've convicted him.

Okay , he mostly used hydrogen peroxide to clean, good for cleaning bloodstains, no chemical smell. Draino is quite a different thing though.. if it's equivalent to drain unblocking stuff in Europe , it may have a strong chemical smell. He did not use bleach which does smell. the mattress stain was not huge.. see evidence photos, but was noticeable at a stretch.. see photo s.

The prosecution gained quite a significant amount of helpful information from Michelle in the early days.
Gazette wrote about this information. I elieve she was quite helpful, told them about dreams he claimed he had, things he had written, none of the information she gave them exonerated him, on the contrary. At one stage they asked her if she thought him capable of killing and she responded in the affirmative. There was also a jail letter he wrote her , not included in evidence cos defense objected. Now i fly off my head when people dump info on posts without links but that's what i'm doing here now because I'm not adept at rooting out early posts from older threads..

I believe Michelle's information helped them considerably in nailing him.

He started communicating with her from prison very early on, july 4, I think..
She started working for his defense a year before she retracted her search permission , nov '18, far as I recall.
So, prosecution had quite a lot of information courtesy of Michelle.
I was still surprised they didn't cross-examine her.
I do suspect that the 'thing' he told her that changed their relationship, while he was drunk was something like his admission to TB about the 12 others.

I also think that she gave this drunken testimony to the police in the early days.
She was frightened.
She asked them if she should consider obtaining a barring orde against them.
He searched the knife sharpening back in April, April 25, I think.
It's on the exhibit list.
The only reason I can think of regarding the lack of cross was that the prosecution knew enough and did not need to do it.

Maybe they do and maybe they do not.
We know nothing, on the other hand.
I'm interested in what her family's questions are at this stage.

Her father and her brother sit there every single day, listening through an interpreter to everything that is stated.

That makes sense. It is also possible she did not anticipate that he would drive the car that much in her absence. I think that is possible. I would just think the car use would then be that much of a red flag for her since she would've needed that gas to drive around for the week and instead B.C. helped himself to it. Remember, he said he does not have any friends so essentially she would've expected him to drive to the liquor store, T.B.'s, and the gym. I don't recall there being an argument over the gas use .

Well, mz is on budget, no ? Feeds bc, and goes to work. That is half a weeks Gaz, no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem