IMPORTANT - Recalled Pet Food

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fran and Glitch, my heart just aches for you both on your losses. This is unreal, and I am scared to death to feed my kitties anything from the store. Seems like each day more gets added to the recall lists. Now China is disputing that their product was poison? Why am I not surprised?
They don't give a crap about dogs over there.......anyone remember what happened to those 50,000 doggies in China last summer? Disgusting and shameful!!

Fran and Glitch, my heart just aches for you both on your losses. This is unreal, and I am scared to death to feed my kitties anything from the store. Seems like each day more gets added to the recall lists. Now China is disputing that their product was poison? Why am I not surprised?
They don't give a crap about dogs over there.......anyone remember what happened to those 50,000 doggies in China last summer? Disgusting and shameful!!

That's exactly what my boyfriend said, libraryg!

There was a good recipe on MSNBC for kitties. It's at the end of this article, next to the Mutt Meat Balls.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17935147/

What if we find out it wasn't China, but some jerkwad who contaminated the food on purpose? I'm still going on an "on purpose" thing. Perhaps they thought what they were poisoning was meant for humans....

Thanks for the link for kitty food Kris. Been to the zoo lately, to see the lovely Miss Bai Yun and family? Hoping for 1 or 2 cubs for San Diego this year!
Looks like mack daddy Gao Gao is going to have offspring all over, if the National Zoo's plans go right! Exciting times for pandaholics!

Glitch, that is a very real, and frightening possibility!
I wonder if they will ever get to the real bottom of this?

Thanks for the link for kitty food Kris. Been to the zoo lately, to see the lovely Miss Bai Yun and family? Hoping for 1 or 2 cubs for San Diego this year!
Looks like mack daddy Gao Gao is going to have offspring all over, if the National Zoo's plans go right! Exciting times for pandaholics!

You're so welcome for the kitty food link. I'm wondering where to find bonemeal???? Seems like an odd sort of thing. Let me know if you try it and if kitties eat it...that's the key :)

I haven't been since they separated Bai and Su. I'm planning on going this Sunday :) I'm excited about baby Gao Gao's. He's a great panda. He's so tiny and his ladies are (how do I say this delicately)...rather big boned!! Cute babies for sure!

I look forward to more mini Tian Tian's, too. Someday :) Although, there will never be another Tai.

My 2 cats have been eating Purina One for 10+ years now. They've had all the kinds but chicken was always their favorite.

My husband bought the BIG(13 lb) bag at Walmart about a month or so ago....My younger cat(age 11) got TERRIBLE gas, loose poo(sorry so graphic),drinking more water and my older cat would't eat it.
I sent hubbie back to Walmart to get Purina One(senior cat, age 7+) and we got a small box of Dad's dry for urinary health.

As soon as I stopped the Purina One chicken my cat's pooping/gas problem resolved.
This morning on CBS Morning show a vet was talking about checking label for "wheat gluten"....the Purina One chicken has it and the ones I am now feeding them do not..............
I was thinking of reporting it to Purina....do you guys think this could be linked to the ones they have pulled? My kitties have been eating this food for so long with no problem....

susiebond

ChemNutra Announces Nationwide Wheat Gluten Recall

Devon Blaine/Lisa Baker
310-360-1499
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE --Las Vegas, NV -- April 3, 2007 -- ChemNutra Inc., of Las Vegas, Nevada, yesterday recalled all wheat gluten it had imported from one of its three Chinese wheat gluten suppliers – Xuzhou Anying Biologic Technology Development Co. Ltd.

...ChemNutra shipped from its Kansas City warehouse to three pet food manufacturers and one distributor who supplies wheat gluten only to the pet food industry...ChemNutra's shipments commenced November 9, 2006 and ended March 8, 2007. ChemNutra did not ship to facilities that manufacture food for human consumption, and the distributor ChemNutra shipped to supplies wheat gluten only to pet food manufacturers. The total quantity of Xuzhou Anying wheat gluten shipped was 792 metric tons...

...Consumers who have questions about the pet food they should go to the FDA's website at www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01590.html. This website lists all brands of petfood involved, with links to the manufacturer who should be contacted with questions.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers but a year or so ago Diamond Pet Foods reported animals deaths due to a bad batch of corn, raised and mfg. here in the U.S. Personally, I think unless we whip up our own recipes we are entirely at their mercy.

I agree, cathieq. For the next few weeks, The Whole Foods markets in my area are offering some seminar/cooking classes on Pet Food. Fine, I might be overreacting, but i don;t care anymore. I rather be safe than sorry. They are going to tell you the supplements cats and dogs need to have added to their food.

Let's face it, pet food wasn't manufactured as such until WWII or around that time. Our pets are animals, not some alien from another planet. They need good, wholesome nutrition like meat, eggs, veggies and some grains. Add in the vitamins and your as good as gold.

I was thinking of reporting it to Purina....do you guys think this could be linked to the ones they have pulled? My kitties have been eating this food for so long with no problem....

susiebond

I've been caring for my daughter's cat alot lately, and recently have got him on Purina Cat Chow (dry) and wondered about it. I went to the menufoods site and then to Purina, and I'm almost positive that their site said they never have used wheat gluten in their dry foods...I'll have to go check again.

My dog was allergic to wheat gluten so I have had to avoid it her whole life. Ironic she would die the same week this all started.

My dogs have been eating Purina One with no problems. Not chicken, tho. If gas means dogs are sick, I'm surprised mine can move!!

I've been watching them like a hawk.

Jbean, I am very sorry to hear of your furbaby's death.
Susie, since yours have been eating this food for so long with no problems, and now this, I would report it! With all that has been going on, it could be a type of food poisioning, or who knows what else? Better safe than sorry!

Jbean, I am very sorry to hear of your furbaby's death.
Susie, since yours have been eating this food for so long with no problems, and now this, I would report it! With all that has been going on, it could be a type of food poisioning, or who knows what else? Better safe than sorry!
Thank you LibraryG:blowkiss:

Has anybody heard if theres been any recalls with guinea pig food? With all the pet food recalls im starting to freak out worrying about my guinea pigs. I checked their bag of food and theres no wheat gluten. It says it has wheat middlings what ever that is. I serve my babies the Hartz brand.

@#$%%$@&&*!! Sheesh!
Pet owners, please read the labels of any foods you buy. Seems safe if the food has no wheat products in it...well so far at least.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke
Back