Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe he had a criminal record when hired by CVS. They fingerprint and do a criminal background check on people obtaining a pharmacy tech license (IN professional professional licencing board) Criminal Background Check Instructions
Somebody upthread posted a link, CVS actually does hire felons. However there is no evidence RA had a record other than some minor traffic violations.

Agreed. My point is that hiring people with serious criminal records puts customers in a vulnerable place potentially. Something I will keep in mind if shopping there.
if he had a state pharmacist license then he most likely went through a criminal background check and was fingerprinted when applying for the license

Agreed. My point is that hiring people with serious criminal records puts customers in a vulnerable place potentially. Something I will keep in mind if shopping there.
But if someone has a clean record, how do you know they are dangerous? Unfortunately, some of the most sophisticated people who have committed some of the most heinous crimes have gone undetected because they pass background checks, and polygraphs, and don't set off any "red flags". They don't stand out. They work with the community, they volunteer...they are around those who are most vulnerable. I think those that are undetectable are more dangerous than the known ones that you expect to be on guard around. Because you don't know who they are.

not in the pharmacy as a pharmacy tech
We know from comments from the Delphi community that he was actually more of store clerk/manager than a pharmacy tech. Others have posted that CVS encourages cross training their employees, so it seems reasonable if he was in the pharmacy as a tech it was on a limited basis.

We know from comments from the Delphi community that he was actually more of store clerk/manager than a pharmacy tech. Others have posted that CVS encourages cross training their employees, so it seems reasonable if he was in the pharmacy as a tech it was on a limited basis.
gotcha

I wonder why he continued wearing a mustache & goatee. Truly hiding in plain sight IMHO. I'll never look at any CVS employee the same way again. Especially knowing they are employers of felons & others with criminal records. Learning a lot in this thread!
Would look suspicious if he shaved it off? Also most guys I’ve seen look much younger when they aren’t wearing facial hair. (“might look younger than his age” re/ new sketch)

But if someone has a clean record, how do you know they are dangerous? Unfortunately, some of the most sophisticated people who have committed some of the most heinous crimes have gone undetected because they pass background checks, and polygraphs, and don't set off any "red flags". They don't stand out. They work with the community, they volunteer...they are around those who are most vulnerable. I think those that are undetectable are more dangerous than the known ones that you expect to be on guard around. Because you don't know who they are.
Agreed. But I still stand by my statement. Anywhere you go as a customer you could be vulnerable. Knowing particular retailers tend to hire ex-perps is eye opening.

That's my only point. If you read my comment without making assumptions, it is clear I am not assuming RA has a criminal record. I've kept up here & realize pharmacy techs would be unlikely to hold such a position of trust with criminal conviction of any kind.

Let's move on. My point was not meant to hijack the meaningful discussion here. It was just a simple observation.

In a town of only 3000 surely RA has been spoken too by LE, even just through door to door canvassing. That’s not many homes to be door knocking on over five and a half years. I’d be interested in what he said if that happened. Like where all makes fitting the basic description asked of their whereabouts at the time? Moo

In a town of only 3000 surely RA has been spoken too by LE, even just through door to door canvassing. That’s not many homes to be door knocking on over five and a half years. I’d be interested in what he said if that happened. Like where all makes fitting the basic description asked of their whereabouts at the time? Moo
This male (or his wife) owned a black SUV, a vehicle that was parked at the Mears parking lot when KG dropped the girls off.

High IMO.
It takes a very clever mind to understand how to hold your nerve.
This man lived a public life with pictures describing him....EVERYWHERE he went.

Its gob smacking his brass balls.:eek:

I'm surprised he didn't move away if I'm honest once the video and audio came out, even just far enough that he didn't need to frequent Delphi often/at all. I can understand not initially as it might raise suspicion, but in the years since? Bizarre, even sociopaths tend to have the instinct of self-preservation.

I read LE believes the bodies were moved and staged so I am curious where the actual murders took place and if he had help. I don't see how he could have moved either girl once deceased. I wonder if the plan was to take one of the girls as a hostage and that plan did not work out so both ended up being killed. I suggest this because we have heard of victims being kept hidden away. What creates such a monster? Interesting he had wife order and they shared meals. Definitely be interested if this was new behavior.

Yes, I wondered if his plan was to kidnap one of the girls for a period of time for sexually motivated reasons but they fought back and were killed.

With the sharing of food, I wondered if there was financial difficulties.

I'm surprised he didn't move away if I'm honest once the video and audio came out, even just far enough that he didn't need to frequent Delphi often/at all. I can understand not initially as it might raise suspicion, but in the years since? Bizarre, even sociopaths tend to have the instinct of self-preservation.

Even if he did then what if his wife didn’t want to?

Also if he has lived in the same area for 30 years why would he suddenly want to move without making it look suspicious?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member