Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that it is possible that RA is exercising his right to a speedy trial
Perhaps he believes this will be to his advantage?

JMO
I think that's probably how it's initially done, with the court putting the case on the standard (speedy) timeline. I imagine once he gets an attorney though, it'll ultimately be waived.

I see people speculating RA targeted Libby but she looks so much like his daughter, I can’t imagine that’s the case. JMO

We still don't know his motive, but clearly his daughter's resemblance to Libby did not prohibit him from killing her.

For all we know at the moment, her resemblance may even have triggered him in ways we don't even want to know about.

I have had this same thought myself. RA lived within 2 miles of the crime scene, looked like the sketch, fit the description.. why not get DNA? unless he refused, but that sends up red flags too..

Based on the original height estimate (5'6" to 5''9"(?) RA did not fit the description. He's shorter (one report was 5'4" IIRC, although booking records subsequently removed that. In March 2022, the height (and weight) estimates were removed from the official profile.

Maybe that's when one or more folks started looking at him as a potential suspect.

Moo

Abby & Libby Press Conference
Monday, October 31 2022
Notes (WS/M25)

• Disclaimer, these are loose, transcriptional notes of some snippets for reference purposes, and may not, likely will not, be an exact, perfect transcription. Please excuse any typos or missed autocorrects in advance.

PART 1 | ISP Superintendent Doug Carter:

PART 1:

Introductory speaker:

“We will not discuss evidence as related to this investigation.”

——

ISP Superintendent Doug Carter:

“We are going to continue a very methodical approach to ensure that if any other person had any involvement in these murders in any way, that person or persons will be held accountable.”

[...]

“This is really important. While I know you are all expecting final details today concerning this arrest, today is not that day. Today is not that day. This investigation is far from complete, and we will not jeopardize it’s integrity by releasing or discussing documents and information before the appropriate time.

Prosecutor M will share additional information about what we can and can not say and will explain to you why the probable cause affidavit is temporarily sealed by the court and not available. And by the way he has been a tremendous, tremendous asset to this team.

I am yet again asking you for your patience and please your understanding while the system of due process works.

Also remember that all persons arrested are presumed innocent, all persons arrested are presumed innocent.

You all will have an innate desire subjectively to interpret and then report what you think. We in the law enforcement realm can not, and will never allow us to, talk about what we think concerning facts, but rather discuss and share (feed cutting out) at the right time what it is we know. The time will come when additional details will be released, but again today is not that day.”

(Feed skipped)

“The prosecutor has been very clear with law enforcement about what his expectations are, what can and can not be released, shared, or discussed, so we will of course comply. If you choose to be critical of our silence, be critical of me, not the front line. These are people that have committed their entire lives to a successful conclusion, in other words a guilty verdict.

As we move to the next phase of this investigation I will continue to offer all resources that the ISP has. It’s not only the investigative team I anticipate growing, but also to prosecutor M as we prepare for the coming months, again (*) has been very resolute and very clear, and I am most grateful for his leadership, and it’s going to be really important as we move forward.

Please continue offering tips that you may want to share. The many avenues will remain open and will be available to all. Please continue doing that.”

[...]

“...Remember we’re not done.

I think what we all had experienced proves that together there is nothing we can not do, but more importantly, giving of ourselves, all of us, all of us, giving of ourselves matters more than we could ever receive.

Abby and Libby, al though in death, have had a profound effect on so many of us, on how we live, and as importantly, who we all should be.”

PART 2 | Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby:

“I believe in a God of justice and righteousness.

Today I believe that same God has provided us with justice for Abby and Libby.

As Sheriff of Carroll County, Indiana, I want to publicly and sincerely thank each individual who played a role in helping us during this 5 1/2 year investigation, whether it was in an investigative capacity, providing tips, cards or letters of suggestions or encouragement, phone calls, and thousands of other countless ways of communicating.

I earnestly thank those who prayed for this moment in time.

We now move forward through the Indiana criminal justice system, allowing the system to do it’s due diligence and process, and providing that justice which is owed Abby and Libby, their families, and this community.

Thank you.”

Last edited:
Just my opinion but I think most definitely there was a tip that led them to look at him as a suspect. Possibly from KAK who has been on their radar. They may have known each other. Then they obtained the suspect's dna without him knowing (cigarette, bottle or cup) and it was a hit. There may be other things they have found re: search of property but they also need any additional information from public regarding suspects activities around the time of the murders and anything else worth investigating. That's why they are keeping the tip line opened. At least they have him off the streets with no bond.

I am posting this for those who might be new to the case.

Snipped: Another figure in the Delphi investigation is Kegan Kline, a man charged with 30 counts of possession of child *advertiser censored*. According to investigators, Kline is behind the fake “anthony_shots” profile, a false online persona that communicated with Libby German. Transcripts obtained by The Murder Sheet podcast show the person who communicated with Libby through the “anthony_shots” persona had agreed to meet Libby around the time she went missing. Like Ron Logan, Kline has also never been charged in connection to the Delphi murders.

I will be back with a link.
I am in France . I can't hear The Murder Sheet

This content is not available in your country/region.​

I am sad . Because I think it would be very useful to share all the information about such murders. Friends from all countries , share your information .

Last edited:
question for the legal experts here: if the girls had also been SA'd, would that have been mentioned in the press conference or not necessarily? They just mentioned the murder charges, so wondering if that means anything or if it was just very, very cursory info and more charges could come.

id say the one part of my criminal profile that was totally wrong is that ( he was a loner living by himself possibly in the wild )
its just caused by few things.. the way he looked ..which i know was partly disguise
him ignoring the phone
and killing in a very exposed location in a very small town.. now killing very close to home isnt a novelty but it stays unusual
the very small town where everybody must know everybody illusion is another red herring
I took a look at my own profile from 2018 to see what I might have had wrong and what I might have had right (if anything).

Ozoner said:
It's very difficult to come up with a profile without seeing crime scene photos.

Since some of the girls' underclothes were found separate from the bodies, we can assume a sexual motivation.

The person who found the bodies didn't immediatey recognize them as human, so we can assume they were unclothed.

The audio demonstrates that the perp controls his victims by force rather than by tricking or luring them.

I would profile him as a macho, domineering person. I think he'd drive a full-size American-made truck, maybe even a dualie if he can afford one, or a hyper-masculine SUV like a Hummer, probably black in color.

I think he works in a profession where he's in control in that he either gets to push other people around or gets to work independently with little supervision: cop, firefighter, mechanic, tow-truck driver, roofer, construction site foreman, general contractor, etc.--a very masculine profession.

Based on the photos, he could have some kind of disability or deformity related to his right leg. (He could have a slight club foot, etc.)

He's in his mid 40's to late 50's and is married. His wife is submissive, and he's verbally abusive towards her. He's emotionally distant from his kids, who are grown--probably estranged from them, in fact. If they come home to see their mother, they avoid interacting with him.

He probably has a concealed weapon permit, and he probably owns a large-caliber handgun, like a .45.

I was in the ballpark for the age range, but his occupation is one that wouldn't have occurred to me.

when we say he targeted libby ..i def dont mean catfishing thing which more than ever is eliminated in my book
i dont mean he chose libby
i meant.. this was a random attack that day but when he saw the girls.. he would choose the one looking older than her age which is libby

IMO …
I imagine the LE searching was for the trophies (Bra and panties?) or perhaps the murder weapon (knife?).

For the DA to be so sure (early trial date) it must be DNA. Only question is whether they got his sample (1.) from a tip (2.) or if they backed into it - one of his kin gave recently (Parabon?).

Last edited:
Just my opinion but I think most definitely there was a tip that led them to look at him as a suspect. Possibly from KAK who has been on their radar. They may have known each other. Then they obtained the suspect's dna without him knowing (cigarette, bottle or cup) and it was a hit. There may be other things they have found re: search of property but they also need any additional information from public regarding suspects activities around the time of the murders and anything else worth investigating. That's why they are keeping the tip line opened. At least they have him off the streets with no bond.
I would almost bet that there was matching dna of RA's , from the crime scene ?
Something strong that connected him.

question for the legal experts here: if the girls had also been SA'd, would that have been mentioned in the press conference or not necessarily? They just mentioned the murder charges, so wondering if that means anything or if it was just very, very cursory info and more charges could come.
I'm not a legal expert but IMO they have time to file more charges against him, they aren't bound to release them all at a press conference like this one that's just an announcement of an arrest.

Let me start by saying I haven't been validated as a legal expert yet. I sent in a request this morning. But to answer your question, they can hold certain charges, and they often do.

Like you, though, I'm really curious about SA and whether that happened. It seems like that would be his motivation, but I don't know. Maybe he just wanted to kill someone--I am happy to report that I don't think like a murderer, so it's beyond me.

I am sad . Because I think it would be very useful to share all the information about such murders. Friends from all countries , share your information .

Is Youtube available to you? The Murder Sheet podcast can be found there, as well.

there is no reason to believe its related at this moment.. even the murder sheet themselves said so last episode

I imagine the LE searching was looking for the trophies (Bra and panties?) or perhaps the murder weapon (knife?).

For the DA to be so sure (early trial date) it must be DNA. Only question is whether they got his sample (1.) from a tip (2.) or if they backed into it - one of his kin gave recently (Parabon?).
I believe they nailed him with DNA. Everyone in LE has been so cautious, it stands to reason they wouldn’t settle for anything less. To me, this is also why the judge issued a probable cause and wouldn’t allow him to bond out. All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli