Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any thoughts of God on this sociopaths radar. I think he acted out a sick fantasy that he had had for a long time.
Edited to put sins as "sins" with quotes. SHe was a young kid, and I don't want to make it seem like she was in any way "bad" or responsible here. She wasn't! But that might be what went through RA's mind when he killed her? Even remove "sins" and replace with any other word "bad girl", "naughty temptress" or whatever sick thing he may have conjured up in his fat head. Same concept.

He may have gone after her /them because *he* blamed someone (them or someone like them) for something like men being attracted to kids, or for something that had possibly happened to someone he had cared about (eg: this is a random example! AND IT IS FICITIONAL! ONLY USING IT TO TRY TO CLARIFY MY THOUGHTS HERE - If someone had hurt his own sister, and it screwed up a lot of his life, he might then blame his sister for the issues, rather than the perpetrator (or both parties really). He couldn't bring himself to hurt his sister, so he went after someone who he believed represented his sister?

When RA retains counsel, is there anything preventing his attorney from making a statement?

Also, if RA was questioned previously and let go, I'd like to know more about his alibi. How was it corroborated?

I am in France . I can't hear The Murder Sheet

This content is not available in your country/region.​

I am sad . Because I think it would be very useful to share all the information about such murders. Friends from all countries , share your information .

Are you able to download or use a free Virtual Private Network VPN with the web browser you use? If you temporarily change your online location from France to the U.S.A you should be able to listen to it.

I believe they nailed him with DNA. Everyone in LE has been so cautious, it stands to reason they wouldn’t settle for anything less. To me, this is also why the judge issued a probable cause and wouldn’t allow him to bond out. All MOO
I wonder if he gave them the photos in an envelope or something and when they reviewed the case, they realized it might be him and they compared touch DNA from that photo exchange to something at the scene? Just a wild thought.

Isn't it a crime to lie to a federal LE agent, rather than local/state? I realise I may be very wrong, but that was my assumption.
It's a federal crime to lie to federal LE, but there are also state law equivalents. For example, in New York, NY Penal Law § 210.45 makes it a crime to make a false written statement under oath (like the kind you give as part of an investigation).

Obviously LE doesn't charge everyone who ever makes a false or untrue statement, but most states have perjury and obstruction of justice charges available.

Becky Patty reflected on the importance of Monday's announcement, speaking steadily and calmly, telling reporters she had envisioned a different reaction.

"We were called in on Wednesday to tell us they had detained somebody, so we’ve had a couple more days to process this," Becky Patty said. "I don’t feel like I thought I would. I’ve always said that I would be screaming on the rooftop. We’re not. It’s sad.

RA had pets per photos on FB that were shared by various people. I wonder if digging up the yard means they were looking to match dna from a pet to dna at the scene? You'll recall they had dna but it might not be what we expected? I believe the family had a rabbit and cats and a dog or two. A small hole might be for a rabbit, no?
Perhaps hair found on one of the victims that was not connected to any of their family or pets, if the pet thing is relevant. I still think the small hole was a core sample of contents burned in the pit. Since @MassGuy stated it was thought to be the size of a bottle cap. This is moving so fast I apologize @MassGuy if it was not you that reported that.

I haven't watched the PC yet so correct me if I'm wrong . RA has been charged with 2 counts of murder? Does this mean he didn't SA the girls ? Would SA charges be mentioned with the murder charges or at a later date ?
That’s not necessarily what that means. The murder charges are sufficient to hold him while they continue to investigate. They could always add those charges, depending on the evidence.

When RA retains counsel, is there anything preventing his attorney from making a statement?

Also, if RA was questioned previously and let go, I'd like to know more about his alibi. How was it corroborated?
The attorney could make a statement but the attorney could not disclose any material or information subject to the sealing order. Also the attorney has to act at the direction of his or her client - if the client does not want you to make a statement, you really can't.

Wonder if he'll get a public defender or if we'll end up with some character doing it for attention? What's Norm Pattis up to?

His attorney can make a statement unless or until the Judge issues a gag order. It'll be interesting.

I'm wondering why he doesn't already have an attorney. I thought that he would be asked at the initial plea hearing if he needed one appointed. He'd have to show he's indigent, and that might take some time. Or maybe the initial hearing was just to enter a plea, and the next hearing will discuss representation.

I also thought this was interesting.. doesn't want people to recognize his voice and sharing food may contaminate DNA.. MOO but I suspect it was his wife who tipped off police, how horrible for her. I also have suspicions as to why Libby may have particularly been his target but they are too horrible to write about...all just speculation on my part.
I don’t think it was the wife. It’s been too long

Perhaps hair found on one of the victims that was not connected to any of their family or pets, if the pet thing is relevant. I still think the small hole was a core sample of contents burned in the pit. Since @MassGuy stated it was thought to be the size of a bottle cap. This is moving so fast I apologize @MassGuy if it was not you that reported that.
If it was the size of a bottlecap, that soil sample would make sense! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli