Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong in my understanding of the second subsection of the statute, but to my knowledge it does not require that you had any intent to kill, or to keep alive. It's just that whatever activity you did plan to subject your victims to, you should have known that it was so dangerous and likely to cause bodily harm that someone could be killed in the commission of it.
Agreed. But, if he intended to commit kidnapping or molestation, it seems to me he’d also have to intend to kill them in order to get away with it. Maybe he thought they’d be silent about kidnapping and/or molestation? But I wouldn’t think so. I can’t understand how the intent to kill wasn’t also there with those 2 charges.

If he wanted to traffick them, however, he would NOT have the intent to kill. Then this statute section would absolutely apply because death resulted from the commission of another felony, and the (1) section, knowing and intentional murder, would not.

I’m trying to figure out the thinking behind section 2 murder and not section 1, but as stated earlier, maybe the prosecutor wanted to go with the safest section for now since section 2 doesn’t require intent. It could be as simple as that, and I’m overthinking it. Which happens frequently.

All my opinion and speculation.

IMO, IIRC, I think it was brought up that the clip could have been separated with saying "guys" and then "down the hill" after "guys" with some stuff in between? But I am not sure if that is correct. I also heard "down the hill" all at once so I think that is together.
I thought Sheriff Leazenby said that; and also either implied or flat out stated that the chunks between had been cut out because they contained details which might be distressing for civilians or family members to hear.

If so, my source is probably within the HLN podcast.

IMO, IIRC, I think it was brought up that the clip could have been separated with saying "guys" and then "down the hill" after "guys" with some stuff in between? But I am not sure if that is correct. I also heard "down the hill" all at once so I think that is together.
I keep thinking I hear a soft "get" before down the hill....Guys, get down the hill.

I thought Sheriff Leazenby said that; and also either implied or flat out stated that the chunks between had been cut out because they contained details which might be distressing for civilians or family members to hear.

If so, my source is probably within the HLN podcast.
Thanks squareandrabbet.

As you say, the advantage of charging with felony murder is that you don't have to prove the intent to commit the murder, just the intent to commit the other felony. It just strikes me as odd in this case because from what we've heard about the crime scene, there shouldn't be much issue with proving intent to commit murder.

As @Alethea pointed out, the most obvious felony to base it off in this case is kidnapping since we pretty much have that on tape. I'm just not sure why the prosecutor didn't just charge him with kidnapping and murder, and instead chose to use a felony murder charge.

It's worth pointing out that this is a charge I'd expect for an accomplice in a kidnapping that suddenly turned into murder. In that case, the non-killer would get charged with felony murder and the actual killer would get charged with murder. However, LE is acting very much like RA is the actual killer, so I don't think that's the reason here. So I am curious as to what the reason is.
Intent might be rape without murder, but the crime scene is described as blood at the scene. There has to be intent behind the murder. Perhaps they're tying to tie a murder weapon to the suspect?

Just saw this:

"This is wrong. We have now confirmed with the prosecutor Richard Allen is being held on no bond. Even though his court document says $20 million. He is now charged with felony murder instead of murder."

Screenshot

View attachment 377546
Source:
Angela Ganote, Fox59 Anchor Post

Why so many errors??? This and one of the entries on the docket says the PCA is dated January 28, 2022 instead of October 28, 2022

Last edited:
Why so many errors??? This and one of the entries on the docket says the PCA is dated January 28, 2002 instead of October 28, 2022
I noticed that too. And it took quite a while to set this up in Odyssey. I’m wondering if the clerk’s office is being bombarded with calls about this case from around the world and the clerks simply can’t keep up and enter the data properly.

@Alethea (or anyone else who might know), forgive me if this is a dumb question, but by legal standards in these felony murder charges, would producing CSAM for distribution, sharing CSAM, or any of the like, be included in the sex trafficking category?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member