Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m willing to wait for the information if it means that it will secure a conviction against the murderer or murderers. It’s a slippery slope though, because transparency is important to a degree. The public does have a right to know.
A Constitutional right to know, yes. This whole thing is concerning, esp since the judge who sealed the affidavits cut bait.

I would be curious to know if Abby or Libby wore much jewelry, and if so, was any reported missing from them. Perhaps it wasn't missing clothing as has been suggested that was the "souvenir" Just a thought due to fire pit search and small hole, MOO

I suspect -- my analytical qualifier -- that with electronic surveillance, a long-run monitoring operation against a targeted individual could be maintained without suspicion. Your cell phone, house phone using voice over IP (VOIP), your internet usage and communications, all of that can just be captured and then electronically sorted for content of a specific nature based upon key words. Late to work? Nobody cares. Illegal activity of known types which caused that person to come under observation? That gets cataloged and saved.

Books on the topic of surveillance are pretty easily found and worth reading, with some being better suited for general knowledge than others. I'm not a professional, so I go for the general knowledge-level of security-related topics.
So not ISP or county for the type of stuff you are talking about?

So not ISP or county for the type of stuff you are talking about?
A couple of things:

1. I thought I heard Superintendent Doug Carter mention "the largest pedophile ring in Indiana's history" in one of his press conferences. He didn't amplify that statement. It was a one-line statement buried in a news broadcast about the Delphi murders, but the footage used was in reference to a related case (known in the thread as KK). It would be easily lost or overlooked in the flow of the broadcast. When the previously mentioned participation of the Federal Marshals is considered, with their participation in countering child trafficking crimes, those two things might point toward a more developed and wide-spread investigation about other crimes and criminal relationships that developed progressively from the initial murder investigation.

2. County and state-level investigations can become quite lengthy, involved, and complex multi-jurisdictional affairs. A sustained surveillance of a significant suspect is not beyond the possible technical or resource capacity of modern law enforcement, especially if it is passive technical surveillance (not people intensive). Some counter-drug task force organizations reflect this, because the drug trafficking network might span multiple counties.

Last edited:
Well said.
On this subject I have been personally bothered by the rights of a murdered victim/ victims.
I personally would not be a participant in the Websleuths community if my friend had not been murdered.
During the murder trial, her family chose to leave the courtroom before a graphic photo of the murder scene was shown.
As her friend, I chose to stay and view the photo in respect and advocacy of my friend as did several other female friends and advocates.
Here is the problem-
my friend’s nude raped dead body was prominently displayed on the BIG SCREEN in the court for everyone in attendance to see.
I know that there were a handful of strangers in the courtroom and I was personally extremely bothered that several male distant acquaintances were able to view the photo.
Here is the dilemma - if you are unfortunate enough to be raped and murdered apparently the whole world (or anyone who is in the courtroom during the trial) gets to see your nude dead body and all your PRIVATE parts become public.
WHY COULD THIS PHOTO NOT HAVE BEEN PASSED PRIVATELY AROUND THE JURY and to the defendant and his attorney ONLY?
In my humble opinion, there was absolutely and unequivocally no reason NO REASON that everyone in the courtroom had access to a nude photo of my friend.
Apparently there is no way to advocate for full privacy and decency for a victim? Or is there?
I remember thinking “wow, if you are unlucky enough to be a victim then you lose ALL PRIVACY -strangers get to see your nude body”

While I am personally vested in Abby and Libby’s case, and curious about what sealed documents contain, if there is anything therein that infringes on the privacy of these innocent young ladies PLEASE KEEP THEM SEALED.

PLEASE PASS PHOTOS IN PRIVATE IF LAWFUL ONLY TO JURY MEMBERS AND DEFENSE AND HIS ATTORNEYS.

No strangers should be allowed to view crime scene photos.

WE ALL NEED TO ADVOCATE FOR THE VICTIMS AND THEIR PRIVACY AND DIGNITY.

Just because you were unfortunate enough to be a victim, this doesn’t give others the right to see any photos of you unless it is critical to the case- as in the judge, jury, defendant and counsel.

I hope for Abby and Libby’s sake (their privacy and dignity after death) that this doesn’t go to trial but with the defendant pleading NOT GUILTY it is certainly headed toward a VERITABLE THREE RING CIRCUS INDEED.
Thank you for sharing. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I agree that the photos should be passed around appropriately and not for the general public.

The original, older looking sketch came out in July 2017, after multiple witnesses were interviewed. But, in April 2019, LE released the second, younger looking sketch. We found out later that that younger looking sketch had actually been drawn on Feb 17, 2017 and for whatever reason, LE went back to it.
Ahh, thanks.
I did not know that. Actually, many people I know don't know that.

Thanks, again.

A couple of things:

1. I thought I heard Superintendent Doug Carter mention "the largest pedophile ring in Indiana's history" in one of his press conferences. He didn't amplify that statement. It was a one-line statement buried in a press conference about the Delphi murders. It would be easily lost or overlooked in the flow of the conference. When the previously mentioned participation of the Federal Marshals is considered, with their participation in countering child trafficking crimes, those two things might point toward a more developed and wide-spread investigation about other crimes and criminal relationships that developed progressively from the initial murder investigation. (Carter's comment might have been stock footage from another, non-Delphi press conference, where a television station does a news cast on the Delphi case, but used a quick image and statement from a separate news conference. It can happen in broadcasting when a representative image is used, and not always one from the immediate time or thing being discussed. I'm not sure on this point.)

2. County and state-level investigations can become quite lengthy, involved, and complex multi-jurisdictional affairs. A sustained surveillance of a significant suspect is not beyond the possible technical or resource capacity of modern law enforcement, especially if it is passive technical surveillance (not people intensive). Some counter-drug task force organizations reflect this, because the drug trafficking network might span multiple counties.
I believe the comment about the “largest pedophile ring” was from the KK interviews.

There’s been a lot of debate about RMA’s height. His mugshot shows it as a bit less than 5’4”.

1667611163018.jpeg

Note that he’s holding his head back to make him look taller than he is. It seems to me he’s a person who displays ‘small man syndrome’ – a condition where a man feels inadequate because of his short height and may try to overcompensate it with overly aggressive behaviour.

Leaving aside any possible KAK connection, maybe he was teased from a very early age, by both boys and girls, because of his height but became a complete misogynist when he reached his teens and developed a hatred towards girls who weren't interested in him at all which he put down to his very short stature.

*Video at link*
SBM
The Indiana State Police superintendent explains the reason for the different sketches. "I think that was the absolute right decision at the time to do what they did. I've always said that the two sketches are simply sketches. They are not photographs. It's a piece of an investigative puzzle, " said Superintendent Doug Carter.

This video has RA's mugshot with the height chart. I hadn't seen it yet in a source we could link

View attachment 378050

Thanks for that pic of RA next to the height chart. Looks like he's only 5' 3.5", not even 5'4". I'm guessing the 5 is placed right at the 5' mark, so the lower red line would be 5'3". or are those increment not 1"? I've never had to deal with a prison height chart before.

Does anyone know how to read one of those? I'd be able to figure it out myself if I could see where either the 4' or 6' mark was on the chart.

1667612935441.png

Thanks for that pic of RA next to the height chart. Looks like he's only 5' 3.5", not even 5'4". I'm guessing the 5 is placed right at the 5' mark, so the lower red line would be 5'3". or are those increment not 1"? I've never had to deal with a prison height chart before.

View attachment 378057
No. Those are 2" lines.

Attachments

• 20221104_204557.jpg
    20221104_204557.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 42
No. Those are 2" lines.
THANK YOU! Using that measurement it puts him at 5' 7 as he's between the 3rd and 4th dots over the 5' mark. I thought he was 5' 4"? Although I remember seeing one wanted poster say he was ~5' 7". Hmmm....

Did I imagine seeing it stated he was 5'4"? I remember a lot of people here commenting on him having a small man's/Napoleon complex which makes more sense if sources were saying 5'4". I'm looking around to see if I can find that source.

ETA - Found it (points up a few posts). Seems like that OP thought those were inch increments, hence making him 5'4". Makes much more sense that's he's 5'7 since the red lines I drew between the height 'dots' were pretty darn far apart if those were 1" increments. Plus, 5'7" is more average for a male than 5'4".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members