Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Very helpful in a store with cameras focused on him. Very helpful if you are not a 14 girl or woman. Very helpful if you are not the object of his proclivity. Strange language to use about a man who violently killed 2 people at the same time and stole items of their clothing (allegedly). What we are hearing described is a Jekyll and Hyde scenario.

At the same time, Leazenby who is naturally cunning and knows his area, periodically says something unexpectedly sincere, and it helps see the reality.

Indeed it is convenient to have a helpful, well-known pharmacist, especially if you are pushing 50 and the list of your prescriptions is only growing. They are always on time. If it is something new and not yet available locally, the pharmacist can call the central CVS for the shipment. All goodRx and in-pharmacy vouchers are applied towards co-pays. You are counseled about newer prescriptions. A helpful pharmacist is important.

I bet RA was doing everything possible to be on the good side of local law enforcement. Not only TL, all of them. This is why they never viewed RA as a suspect. He was such a nice, helpful man. Think of what the Pattys remembered. Didn't charge them for photos. Kind!

This is how RA flew under everyone's radar. They were searching for a monster, and he was pure compassion.

Quite a personality. I wonder if he has a diary.

Yeah. Very helpful in a store with cameras focused on him. Very helpful if you are not a 14 girl or woman. Very helpful if you are not the object of his proclivity. Strange language to use about a man who violently killed 2 people at the same time and stole items of their clothing (allegedly). What we are hearing described is a Jekyll and Hyde scenario.
And I don't 'get' why LE said there was no continuing threat to the general population in the years after the crime. I disagree with that assessment.

If RA is the origin of the YBG sketch, and he made manifest the model whose photos were hijacked for use on the AS profile, welp, RA managed both to misdirect toward a nonperson and to expose his knowledge of said account.

Oopsy daisy.

JMO

Do we know where he was working at the time? Was it cvs for sure? If he didn't get pharmacy tech license until 2018, maybe was unemployed or working somewhere else?

If RA is the origin of the YBG sketch, and he made manifest the model whose photos were hijacked for use on the AS profile, welp, RA managed both to misdirect toward a nonperson and to expose his knowledge of said account.

Oopsy daisy.

JMO
MOO I don't see that YBG looks anything like the model whose image was hijacked for use on the AS profile. Some see a good resemblance to RA himself.

At the same time, Leazenby who is naturally cunning and knows his area, periodically says something unexpectedly sincere, and it helps see the reality.

Indeed it is convenient to have a helpful, well-known pharmacist, especially if you are pushing 50 and the list of your prescriptions is only growing. They are always on time. If it is something new and not yet available locally, the pharmacist can call the central CVS for the shipment. All goodRx and in-pharmacy vouchers are applied towards co-pays. You are counseled about newer prescriptions. A helpful pharmacist is important.

I bet RA was doing everything possible to be on the good side of local law enforcement. Not only TL, all of them. This is why they never viewed RA as a suspect. He was such a nice, helpful man. Think of what the Pattys remembered. Didn't charge them for photos. Kind!

This is how RA flew under everyone's radar. They were searching for a monster, and he was pure compassion.

Quite a personality. I wonder if he has a diary.
This is how I perceive it too

I'm sure RA found ways to be helpful by applying discounts for customers but he was not a pharmacist.

I'm sure RA found ways to be helpful by applying discounts for customers but he was not a pharmacist.
That is correct. He's a pharmacy technician, not a pharmacist. Huge difference.

Richard Allen is a licensed pharmacy technician in the state of Indiana, state records show. His pharmacy license does not expire until June 30, 2024.

Difference between a pharmacist and a pharmacist technician (2nd link below): Pharmacy technicians mainly assist with clerical work within a pharmacy or hospital. Pharmacists are chiefly responsible for ensuring that patients' medications are filled properly and safely.

Thanks for that pic of RA next to the height chart. Looks like he's only 5' 3.5", not even 5'4". I'm guessing the 5 is placed right at the 5' mark, so the lower red line would be 5'3". or are those increment not 1"? I've never had to deal with a prison height chart before.

Does anyone know how to read one of those? I'd be able to figure it out myself if I could see where either the 4' or 6' mark was on the chart.

View attachment 378057

The blocks are 8 inches x 16 inches. That would make the small square 2 inches apart.

I'm very sorry about your friend. That's awful! Although I'm 100% positive that it was extremely difficult for you to choose to stay in the courtroom to view the photos out of respect and advocacy of your friend, I understand why & commend you for doing so, as that was likely very traumatizing for you.
This is another example of how things get confusing/complex in terms of what should be shared and with whom:

But yet, not being the judge, a member of the jury, a defendant or counsel, you stayed and viewed the photos....

I don't point this out to judge you (because I don't, it's the opposite actually- I think it was an example of you being a good, loyal friend because I think I understand your thought process/the why of you making that choice and good loyal friends are not a dime a dozen) but it did also go against your statement that only those directly relating to the case should be viewing them, out of respect for victims privacy)

And then it opens a whole can of worms we can't possibly ever have the personal answer to for each and every deceased victim. If we were to say family only, how are we to know that the ONE person the victim would never want seeing those photos is their own mother or any family? Friends? Which ones? Those who knew the victim the longest? Those who spent the most time with them? Only their very best friend? Friends of the family? Only reporters/news people? Where do we draw the line? Where would each deceased victim want their line?

I'm not even interested in photos, mostly just the probable cause affidavit for R.A. was what I was referring to in my previous post. But I felt your post made some very interesting points about photos/privacy etc that were more than worth considering and discussing. Be well and again, my sincere condolences to you about your friend
MissMalowe

Thank you very much for your very thoughtful response.

I understand your interest and realize I reached past the immediate topic and down the rabbit hole a bit.

Let me please answer to this and put it into proper context for you.
I see this looks to you like I went against my own statement but it’s not that simple.

My friend was murdered in her very early 20s. It was horrific and traumatic and there were no answers for decades so many prayers went into this and then I petitioned to police to check into the case and the most incredible and competent detectives in a well-funded department were able to run well preserved DNA from the crime scene through CODIS and there was a hit.
It was a miracle and an answer to prayer and the result of the most amazing work by true professionals.
But I will tell you that I honestly and thoroughly advocated for my friend. I told the detective about how many years so many of us had suffered without answers.
I asked the detective what needed to be done and I listened and then I asked the detective to please prioritize this case and I followed up.

This was all quite a few years ago when it was much more expensive and less commonplace so it was all very miraculous to put a face on our monster with a DNA “hit”.
Detectives assured me that upon arrest the perp was not remorseful, not cooperative and he pleaded non guilty despite all the evidence against him. He had no empathy toward the victim, and was only self-consumed.

After many more months there was a trial.

One day, after many days (weeks even) of uninterruptedly attending the criminal trial and with no prior warning, I was told by either my friend’s family or someone from the DAs office that I may want to leave the courtroom for a few hours as I may find some pictorial evidence disturbing. I was surprised to see all of my friend’s family members were leaving but I made an immediate decision to stay because I felt extremely vested in the case and I felt that if all my friend’s family members were leaving then who would be there that was an advocate for my friend among a roomful of strangers.
I had no earthly idea that full nude photos of my deceased friend would be shown on a big screen.
I didn’t get that memo!

I will reiterate my humble opinion that THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOEVER THAT ANYONE OTHER THAN POLICE DETECTIVES, FBI AGENTS, THE DA AND STAFF, THE JUDGE, THE JURY, THE DEFENDANT AND HIS COUNSEL should be privy to photos like this.
You or I wouldn’t want our naked body on full display of strangers who happen to show up in a courtroom someday. A victim should be protected from private photos being shown in the public confines of an open courtroom with a larger than life BIG SCREEN hanging from the wall.
It is simply wrong, indecent and unnecessary. It is a gross invasion of privacy and being a victim should not mean that you are re-victimized by being put on public display.
It is quite literally being stripped of your dignity.
Imho there should be a line firmly drawn.

There was absolutely no reason that I needed to see that or that the members of the press that were present needed to see that or that the voyeurs who made their way into the courtroom that day needed to see that.

It is a matter of decency, decorum, tastefulness and ethics.
THE SYSTEM LET ME DOWN AND IT LET MY FRIEND DOWN and it was shameful.
I was told that often these images are kept private in trials.
I don’t know if this is the judge making this decision or the DA- I’m not trained in the law- but KUDOS to the powers that be that choose to protect our victims in this way.

It is something that has grated on me for years and there must be a way to change the laws to better preserve the dignity of a victim and of course those living- the family and friends of a victim- should be protected from this violation of privacy as well.
It is an indescribable feeling of violation and ickiness that most of us (thankfully) will never have to suffer.

I bring this up because I feel it pertains directly to Abby & Libby’s case.
Praying that their dignity and their privacy will be conscientiously preserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't seem to have representation yet, but he has 20 days from his arraignment to acquire one so the clock is ticking. Otherwise, he will be appointed one. If her were innocent he would likely have retained an attorney right away. My guess is that he's just starting to recognize his new reality and feels like the trapped murderer he is, jmoo. I do think he has received the PC document so he knows what they know, at least I hope so.

I've had a nagging feeling since this came to light that LE may not be fully prepared and that gives me anxiety. Jmo, but I think KL provided some names and from there they began searches. I don't think RA shared what he did, but I may be wrong. I wish we knew if or how the two were connected. I really hope they are getting all their ts crossed etc and finding what they need because my nag feels like something is off. I hope a lack of facts and solid evidence aren't driving the motion to keep the PC sealed. I understand the rush to arrest but hope it doesn't cause issues. I also wonder how many additional arrests might effect RAs case? Lots of questions and uncertainty atm. Still seems unreal that we finally have a name and face. Hard to believe he managed to escape their radar despite the similarities and known facts.

Fingers crossed there are no problems with legalities because that will ensure he never experiences the peace and joy of freedom again. I don't need to know all the details so I hope he takes a deal. Life in exchange for no dp. No matter how he slices it, he will never sleep outside a cell again. He's a fly trapped in a web of his own making. Makes me smile.

All jmoo

Do we have some sort of link?
There's been dozens of links stating RA worked at CVS in this thread. Here is one such link I saw earlier:

CVS confirmed that Allen was an employee at its Delphi store and state records show he was a licensed pharmacy technician.

There's been dozens of links stating RA worked at CVS in this thread. Here is one such link I saw earlier:

CVS confirmed that Allen was an employee at its Delphi store and state records show he was a licensed pharmacy technician.

I meant at the time of the murders. Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3