Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m amazed by the second sketch released. If you take the thick, curly hair off it, the eyes and nose are a dead ringer for the arrested suspect. In particular, the hollowing at the corner of the eyes next to the nose, the bone structure of the nose, and the detail at the tip of the nose. Someone was an extremely good witness. JMHO

I will be “over” them when they are imprisoned for life. Looking at the bodies of <modsnip>, transferring photos, online pedophile ring, what else do they have to do to go to prison? I’m sickened by our government and therefore, the people, making light of these dangers to children!
I think they used KK to get info on RA. Dismissing some CSAM charges won’t matter. If he committed a felony and that felony resulted in the death of Abby and Libby, the DA could go for felony murder. KK could get Life!

I wonder if RA could be behind the 2nd released sketch? It's so obviously not him IMO, so either a witness has seen someone else or it was an intentional ploy to divert the investigation.
I tend not to think RA was the source of the 2nd, younger sketch. If he was, and his intention was to divert the investigation with an imaginary man half his age, then I don't believe the ISP or FBI would still have that sketch on their Delphi sites.

But it is curious that the "new direction" in April 2019 turned attention to a youthful man, no hat, no facial hair. I don't know if RA had facial hair in Feb. 2017, but I don't think I would describe him as youthful, and he certainly wasn't in his 20s or 30s.

DC's more recent comments about the two sketches are still muddy, IMO. It's been stated since 2019 that the two sketches are not the same person. Maybe they know better now, though. I'm still very curious...

I’m amazed by the second sketch released. If you take the thick, curly hair off it, the eyes and nose are a dead ringer for the arrested suspect. In particular, the hollowing at the corner of the eyes next to the nose, the bone structure of the nose, and the detail at the tip of the nose. Someone was an extremely good witness. JMHO
Yes, I agree. People seem to be focusing on the young age when I can clearly see his eyes and nose are identical. Can you imagine being that witness and now seeing the photo of RA being shown online? I wonder if that witness was a local who knew RA or someone from out of town?

Yes, I agree. People seem to be focusing on the young age when I can clearly see his eyes and nose are identical. Can you imagine being that witness and now seeing the photo of RA being shown online? I wonder if that witness was a local who knew RA or someone from out of town?
I’ve wondered that as well.

I woke up to see this on article. Guess where the sting took place? Indiana.

Although I am not sure where I personally stand, I have believed from the beginning that the task force doesn't think that BG acted alone. Throughout the years, they have have always left the door open to multiple perps. At times, they have been unwilling to confirm that BG was the same as the the voice on Libby's recording who was the same as the murderer. They stated that the voice captured on the phone was the person responsible for Abby and Libby's murders, but they did not confirm that was the man pictured on the bridge. I suspect that they have a strong reason to believe that there was more than one perp involved.

And I also suspect that this is why there is a confusion around the two sketches; they depict two different people, and yet the perp will be a combination of the two sketches. They have reason to believe that BG did not act alone IMO.

Last edited:
I tend not to think RA was the source of the 2nd, younger sketch. If he was, and his intention was to divert the investigation with an imaginary man half his age, then I don't believe the ISP or FBI would still have that sketch on their Delphi sites.

But it is curious that the "new direction" in April 2019 turned attention to a youthful man, no hat, no facial hair. I don't know if RA had facial hair in Feb. 2017, but I don't think I would describe him as youthful, and he certainly wasn't in his 20s or 30s.

DC's more recent comments about the two sketches are still muddy, IMO. It's been stated since 2019 that the two sketches are not the same person. Maybe they know better now, though. I'm still very curious...
I don’t think the ‘younger sketch’ is another guy, I think it is RA. Only he witness who gave that description would know. The other sketch seems to clearly come from Libby’s footage of BG. It may seem muddy but they are doing the best they can, at that time they may have thought they were two people. I wonder if the witness that described the first sketch was asked if it was the same guy in Libby’s video.

MissMalowe

Thank you very much for your very thoughtful response.

I understand your interest and realize I reached past the immediate topic and down the rabbit hole a bit.

Let me please answer to this and put it into proper context for you.
I see this looks to you like I went against my own statement but it’s not that simple.

My friend was murdered in her very early 20s. It was horrific and traumatic and there were no answers for decades so many prayers went into this and then I petitioned to police to check into the case and the most incredible and competent detectives in a well-funded department were able to run well preserved DNA from the crime scene through CODIS and there was a hit.
It was a miracle and an answer to prayer and the result of the most amazing work by true professionals.
But I will tell you that I honestly and thoroughly advocated for my friend. I told the detective about how many years so many of us had suffered without answers.
I asked the detective what needed to be done and I listened and then I asked the detective to please prioritize this case and I followed up.

This was all quite a few years ago when it was much more expensive and less commonplace so it was all very miraculous to put a face on our monster with a DNA “hit”.
Detectives assured me that upon arrest the perp was not remorseful, not cooperative and he pleaded non guilty despite all the evidence against him. He had no empathy toward the victim, and was only self-consumed.

After many more months there was a trial.

One day, after many days (weeks even) of uninterruptedly attending the criminal trial and with no prior warning, I was told by either my friend’s family or someone from the DAs office that I may want to leave the courtroom for a few hours as I may find some pictorial evidence disturbing. I was surprised to see all of my friend’s family members were leaving but I made an immediate decision to stay because I felt extremely vested in the case and I felt that if all my friend’s family members were leaving then who would be there that was an advocate for my friend among a roomful of strangers.
I had no earthly idea that full nude photos of my deceased friend would be shown on a big screen.
I didn’t get that memo!

I will reiterate my humble opinion that THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOEVER THAT ANYONE OTHER THAN POLICE DETECTIVES, FBI AGENTS, THE DA AND STAFF, THE JUDGE, THE JURY, THE DEFENDANT AND HIS COUNSEL should be privy to photos like this.
You or I wouldn’t want our naked body on full display of strangers who happen to show up in a courtroom someday. A victim should be protected from private photos being shown in the public confines of an open courtroom with a larger than life BIG SCREEN hanging from the wall.
It is simply wrong, indecent and unnecessary. It is a gross invasion of privacy and being a victim should not mean that you are re-victimized by being put on public display.
It is quite literally being stripped of your dignity.
Imho there should be a line firmly drawn.

There was absolutely no reason that I needed to see that or that the members of the press that were present needed to see that or that the voyeurs who made their way into the courtroom that day needed to see that.

It is a matter of decency, decorum, tastefulness and ethics.
THE SYSTEM LET ME DOWN AND IT LET MY FRIEND DOWN and it was shameful.
I was told that often these images are kept private in trials.
I don’t know if this is the judge making this decision or the DA- I’m not trained in the law- but KUDOS to the powers that be that choose to protect our victims in this way.

It is something that has grated on me for years and there must be a way to change the laws to better preserve the dignity of a victim and of course those living- the family and friends of a victim- should be protected from this violation of privacy as well.
It is an indescribable feeling of violation and ickiness that most of us (thankfully) will never have to suffer.

I bring this up because I feel it pertains directly to Abby & Libby’s case.
Praying that their dignity and their privacy will be conscientiously preserved.
Thanks for explaining further/giving more context. You're correct, maybe we are going a bit off the tracks or down another rabbit hole- despite that, I think our discussion still relates a great deal to this case, but if not & our posts are removed, my inbox is always open and I'm willing to continue the discussion

To be clear, once again, my original post was in reference to RA's probable cause affidavit, NOT photos. However, I thought your previous post regarding photos/privacy/dignity etc was really interesting and definitely worth discussing.

You or I wouldn’t want our naked body on full display of strangers who happen to show up in a courtroom someday.

I actually thought about our discussion quite a bit last night and what I would want if I were unfortunate enough to be a victim. It's unfortunate there is not a way to know this answer ahead of time for every single victim.

If I was a surviving victim, I couldn't come up with a definitive answer. I've gone back and forth a lot while pondering that one. I need to sit and think longer on this one before I can give you an answer, honestly.

If Im a deceased victim, I would want absolutely everything out there. I don't think it would shred me of my dignity, or lessen the respect others who knew me had for me or that it would be viewed as indecency on my part.

What I do think, is that it would shred my perpetrator of any human qualities, any respect those close to them had would be gone, and any feelings of indecency would certainly be directed towards them. I would want their mother & father, all family members, their friends, neighbors, coworkers, fellow residents of their town/city and anyone out there to see what evil, despicable things they had done that they thought "nice little Johnny/Jane" could never do. Pictures would drive that home more than any descriptions or summaries.

The perp would be stripped of everything more than I, the victim. My opinion.

Last edited:
Yes! I meant him. Need more coffee!
Thanks for waking me up.
So, we don’t really know if he really said that since it’s hearsay.

Try searching the KAK thread(s,) Mods are working hard to keep this one focused on Abby & Libby.

iirc that statement was in the media, waiting in a red Jeep, iirc.

jmho ymmv lrr

Although I am not sure where I personally stand, I have believed from the beginning that the task force doesn't think that BG acted alone. Throughout the years, they have have always left the door open to multiple perps. At times, they have been unwilling to confirm that BG was the same as the the voice on Libby's recording who was the same as the murderer. They stated that the voice captured on the phone was the person responsible for Abby and Libby's murders, but they did not confirm that was the man pictured on the bridge. I suspect that they have a strong reason to believe that there was more than one perp involved.

And I also suspect that this is why there is a confusion around the two sketches; they depict two different people, and yet the perp will be a combination of the two sketches. They have reason to believe that BG did not act alone IMO.
How they proceeded leaving the door open for more perps and if the video and voice were different people make sense. They can’t know what they don’t know, so they have to present information as open to the public as they can or people with info may second guess their own thoughts thinking LE knows more.
The Huge Mistake in this case was the Sheriff turning away canines to assist in the search. Dogs may have helped find valuable evidence, shown which direction the perp left the scene. Now we know dogs may have tracked all the way back to RA’s home.

Wow…. And also from the article (BBM):

Between December 2020 and November 2022, the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office and Franklin Police Department successfully executed four sex sting operations leading to 49 arrests.

This is just a review of how the sketches came to be.

JH, at CrimeCon 2018, described how the first sketch came about. It was months of tracking down witnesses, interviewing them, investigating that the person they saw was indeed the bridge guy and not someone else known to be on the trail or search, and having the witnesses come back again and again to the sketch to see if anything needed changed.
Delphi Murders CrimeCon Interview Transcript - CrimeLights

In regards to the second sketch:

The sketch artist with ISP who drew the face, Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, told the Indianapolis Star the picture presented as being new Monday had in fact been drawn Feb. 17, 2017, three days after the bodies of the two girls were discovered.

In vague terms, Bryant told the Star the image was based on the description of a man by a witness who reported seeing something they felt needed to be reported. The sketch is a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

I think he was lucky enough to only be seen by people he didn't know. I would think that if I met up with someone I saw somewhat regularly in a local store, I would at least think he looked familiar, even if I didn't know his name. I'm a bit surprised that nobody at least said that he looked like a guy who works at CVS. It makes me think that the descriptions for the sketches mainly came from people who didn't live in town, or at least didn't do much business in CVS.

MOO

Yeah, I would put it in the rumor category for now. The MS podcast's source might be 100% reliable, but we don't know that at this point.
If there is a source close to LE leaking information, that is a problem. LE has tried to keep the lid on this case so perps would not run and hide, and to maintain integrity of evidence for trial, to prevent mistrial and appeals. As curious as I am, I first and foremost want Justice for Abby and Libby, and a leak may prevent that.
It is a bit surprising that Murder Sheet would use leaks from an ongoing case, since the husband is an attorney!

I think he was lucky enough to only be seen by people he didn't know. I would think that if I met up with someone I saw somewhat regularly in a local store, I would at least think he looked familiar, even if I didn't know his name. I'm a bit surprised that nobody at least said that he looked like a guy who works at CVS. It makes me think that the descriptions for the sketches mainly came from people who didn't live in town, or at least didn't do much business in CVS.

MOO
I have wondered the same thing. Did he typically wear facial hair and shave it Feb 13? Did he bulk up his appearance with jackets over jackets And a fanny pack? Did he cover up with a hood and cap? Did he shave his hair short?
His appearance in months at the CVS May have been quite different than how he appeared Feb 13, but his appearance on Feb 13 would be similar to how he appeared in CVS the following week.

I watched “Down the Hill” the other night. One of the girls’ family members (sorry don’t recall who) was discussing the younger sketch. And how could it be so different from the first BG sketch?? Until she saw online someone had overlayed the two sketches showing how many of the facial features were the same.
Then she mentioned how when you’re older you tend to see people and think they look young - while a young person perceives people as older looking. (Who doesn’t remember being 14 and thinking people in their late 30s were practically ancient. Um or being fifty something and seeing people who are 30 but look like they’re barely out of high school). Basically how perception of others changes based on the age of the observer.

I wonder if the Delphi Abby and Libby case has pushed for actions to be taken to protect children, and there are more monsters than we ever knew. Social media is a terrifying place for children. It is literally letting strangers into your home and into your children’s room and mind, and some parents are unaware it is taking place.
So maybe is or not related to any ring involving these girls, but a result of investigation.

Last edited:
I know this is off topic from the recent sex sting operation, but I am curious if anyone has seen this before, where a suspect needs to wear body armor (it sounds like what they are talking about in regards to “protective gear”) to protect them from the public?

IMO, it is likely there have been death threats against RA, not because of the sealing of the arrest warrant, but because he is suspected to be the killer of two children. I think the public, ( and especially local to the area) , are up in arms and there is concern for vigilante justice.

I also believe that’s why there has been an emphasis on being innocent until proven guilty. To try and prevent someone from taking him out.

“The order also indicates Allen was, “clad in protective gear…to protect the Defendant from the public.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member