Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the consensus that Allen is the sole individual who allegedly killed Libby and Abby, and he was able to do that because he had access to the fake social media account run by Kline, and communicated with either Libby or Abby to set up a meeting, or the girls told him where they were going?

I have tremendous respect for DC, as a LE leader, and as a person. He has always come across as a caring man driven to serve and not some ego driven cop on a power trip.
The family trusts him, Kelsi German trusts him, the men that stand behind him respect him and know he won’t talk too much, he stays current on the case, and he stays out of the way so they can do their job.
His taking on the public face of this case is a tough role to have and do well. Now we have a judge who steps down due to threats. What have all of these men on this case endured all these years without complaint? It makes you wonder all we don’t know

Last edited:
So is the consensus that Allen is the sole individual who allegedly killed Libby and Abby, and he was able to do that because he had access to the fake social media account run by Kline, and communicated with either Libby or Abby to set up a meeting, or the girls told him where they were going?

JMO I think the consensus is more like there were others involved to one degree or another

I have tremendous respect for DC, as a LE leader, and as a person. He has always come across as a caring man driven to serve and not some ego driven cop on a power trip.
The family trusts him, Kelsi German trusts him, the men that stand behind him respect him and know he won’t talk too much, he stays current on the case, and he stays out of the way so they can do their job.
His taking on the public face of this case is a tough role to have and do well. Now we have a judge who steps down due to threats. What have all of these men on this case endured all these years without complaint? It makes you wonder all we don’t know
RSBM. I believe they did state that BG is the voice heard on the recording, saying both “guys” and “down the hill” and is the killer, during the April 2019 PC. HOWEVER, they may have contradicted that in later interviews. At this point, who knows.

Unrelated to your post, I’m interested in Murder Sheet discussing whether or not their previous reporting, and whatever they were told but haven’t told us, aligns with this arrest. Just a simple yes or no would suffice.
Yes, I just listened to it…DC clearly states in the 2019 Presser these as facts
- the person who says Guys also says Down the hill
- the audio is of the suspect on the bridge with the girls
- the video shows the suspect walking on the bridge
- a driver of vehicle parked at the abandoned CPS building 12-5PM Feb 14 is of interest
- 1st sketch of BG is secondary, 2nd sketch was actually done first
- suspect is from Delphi or lives or works there, 18-40 yrs, hiding in plain sight, about power, likely told someone or they know
In this presser it seemed audio and video evidence points to the same suspect
What we don’t know is if someone different was in the vehicle

I’m sure some see it that way, as we all would like it to neatly wrap up with a bow based on all we know. If we see 10%, speculate correctly another 10%, then we don’t know 80%. We do know RA was arrested out of the blue, he had no inkling he was in the sights until he was in cuffs and his home was searched. That is a win. As frustrating as it has been all these years to not know what is happening with this investigation, it has to be excruciating for the families and community who had a killer at large.
It demands a ton of trust between the public and LE to be patient.
I am ok with being patient, if it means Justice for Abby and Libby. Maybe justice is RA, maybe there are other Victims and maybe there are other Monsters
One day we will know, Today is not that day as much as I would like to know all

I think it's the consensus of those that believe KAK was involved in the murders, and maybe even those that were convinced KAK was BG.
There has never been anything that proved KAK had any idea of where the girls were going to be. I've seen no evidence of a link between RA and KAK.
RA was able to kill the girls because he was on the trails that day, looking to find a victim.

Last edited:

Oh one thing discussed a lot at the start that I don’t see mentioned much anymore but AFAIK it’s still true - someone please correct me if I missed something that contradicts this!! - Libby posted a pic on Snapchat of Abby walking on the bridge while the girls were there & before their encounter with BG

So it’s possible they had no plan to meet anyone & didn’t tell anyone (a_s or anyone else) they were going there, and someone who followed Libby’s Snapchat saw for himself that they were there & headed over.

Idk how much time passed between the pic of Abby & BG’s appearance… but if he came from 1-2 miles away & drove, he didn’t need more than a couple minutes JMO

Oh one thing discussed a lot at the start that I don’t see mentioned much anymore but AFAIK it’s still true - someone please correct me if I missed something that contradicts this!! - Libby posted a pic on Snapchat of Abby walking on the bridge while the girls were there & before their encounter with BG

So it’s possible they had no plan to meet anyone & didn’t tell anyone (a_s or anyone else) they were going there, and someone who followed Libby’s Snapchat saw for himself that they were there & headed over.

Idk how much time passed between the pic of Abby & BG’s appearance… but if he came from 1-2 miles away & drove, he didn’t need more than a couple minutes JMO
The SC photo of A was posted at 2:07, and LE has said they encountered BG at 2:13, iirc. Some who have crossed the bridge says it takes at least 5 minutes (if he came from the N side). IMO, her posting the photo on SC at 2:07 does not give anyone enough time to get to the S side of the bridge by 2:13 unless they were already on the trails near the bridge. JMO.

And also make voice comparisons of all male locals in a certain age group.

That sniffing dogs were not used at the scene (as a poster mentioned in this thread) is another grave error.
Moo
The video of BG is not clear at all, it is cropped from the corner of a video of Abby taken by Libby. Can LE come in and do voice recordings of all males in a city for a voice comparison?
If such an illegal search is ok then why stop there? Collect DNA from all males in the county, take pictures of all of their faces to be used with facial recognition software and match to photo of BG. Measure their height and weight, search all their closets for similar clothing.
Make them stand in front of witnesses to be identified.
Seriously, none of that is legal, or they can come into your home and life on any day for any reason. That isn’t how the process works at all

Yes, AFAIK that is true. There was a pic taken by Libby of Abby on the bridge and posted to social media. I believe Kelsi saw it from her phone. I do not know the time stamp.
What I don’t know is- was it Snapchat? What was the state of the mapping on Snapchat at that time? It is pretty accurate currently, if cell service is good. How accurate was it then?
It does beg the question- Did someone see them on Snapchat and then go to the bridge?
Also, what kept the girls from calling 911? If Libby could post to Snapchat, and took the video of the guy because of discomfort, did the video keep running but the phone was in her pocket and it picked up the audio and recorded his voice?
I’m not sure iPhones had the Emergency call they do now- if two buttons are pushed at the same time It auto calls. Maybe at the time of the video they were not afraid?
Did the girls know RA? Did they recognize him? Did they know his daughter Or wife?
Also, what else is picked up on the audio- I hate to imagine

Last edited:
IMO if these two literal photographs of the killer taken as the crime commenced had been hanging everywhere, there’s a good chance eventually someone would’ve spotted RMA near one or both of them & had a shock of recognition. (To say nothing for the voice, as you mentioned - it is immediately recognizable as RMA, in case anyone wanted to double check what they thought they saw!)

Meanwhile recognition was never ever going to happen with the sketches - who even could follow which one was “current,” they were not the same person etc. Trying to recognize RMA from these sketches is at best like looking at pics of two adults & trying to pick out who is their child from a group of 1500 options IMO

This is just mystifying to me…. what on earth went wrong with the decision-making here.
IMO, its more of a plea for help rather than a wrong choice in decision making. I believe LE was trying their best to identify BG. Both people identified by the sketches could have been on the trail that day, and LE was seeking help identifying them in hopes it would lead to more clues. IMO.

“The order also indicates Allen was, “clad in protective gear…to protect the Defendant from the public.”

I think this line was strange to include because at the time of the hearing the judge referenced RA had yet to be named publicly so who did he need to be protected from? JMO

Also, it is pretty much SOP for a high profile defendant to wear a bullet resistant vest while exposed to the public but again at the time this occured no one publicly knew about him so what is the judge going on about?

Good point, and I agree.

IMO real and perceived threats from "the public" had begun to loom large for this judge and I think both he and the case will benefit from his recusal.

I also expect RA to run down the clock on choosing or being assigned counsel for the case. IMO there's likely a whole lot of rage beneath that ostensibly helpful exterior.

For safety purposes, I have always assumed that witnesses were not shown photos of other witnesses or people supposedly on the trail that day. I can see them showing a photo of a suspect who has been arrested and charged, for identification, but not before an arrest. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

I think it’s possible he had access to the fake social media account or was otherwise directed to the location of the supposed meet up.

I’ve wondered that as well.
I would imagine that nausea has swept over Delphi several times since Feb 2017, I cannot imagine how such a small community could not become paranoid and point fingers at every male in the area 18-40. We focus on the fear of mothers for their children, and what about the looks and whispers the men endured. There is good reason RA is in custody and also wearing body armor in public- people now imagine him walking around among them free thinking he is oh so smart and they are all so stupid and full of fear. The collective anger alone could be deadly to him- for good reason

The video of BG is not clear at all, it is cropped from the corner of a video of Abby taken by Libby. Can LE come in and do voice recordings of all males in a city for a voice comparison?
If such an illegal search is ok then why stop there? Collect DNA from all males in the county, take pictures of all of their faces to be used with facial recognition software and match to photo of BG. Measure their height and weight, search all their closets for similar clothing.
Seriously, none of that is legal, or they can come into your home and life on any day for any reason. That isn’t how the process works at all
Well, I remember when there was murder in a village in my country - Police took DNA samples of all adult male villagers.

Was it illegal? IDK.

But all of them agreed to give samples.

It turned out, the murderer was not local.

Maybe you are right.

But with having voice sample (and voice is unique for each of us), and RA being local - he was simply at arm's length for LE :(

But the voice sample might turn out his downfall NOW!

LE & interested non-LE could certainly be willing to receive voluntarily offered info from all the men of Delphi who wanted to help narrow down the list & get the crime solved.

In fact it was my understanding that they did this - set up a spot to take DNA from all local men who stepped up to submit it for this purpose…. does anyone else remember that? Moo

LE & non-LE could also observe which local men declined to participate in such efforts.

Moreover generally anything a person wouldn’t expect to be private is fair game for LE, no warrant reqd & no “illegal search.” This includes DNA-covered trash put out at the curb of one’s home & the sound of one’s voice when speaking in public.

Americans’ rights against intrusive search are strong, but as they say the Constitution isn’t a suicide pact

Good point, and I agree.

IMO real and perceived threats from "the public" had begun to loom large for this judge and I think both he and the case will benefit from his recusal.

I also expect RA to run down the clock on choosing or being assigned counsel for the case. IMO there's likely a whole lot of rage beneath that ostensibly helpful exterior.
I agree about RA running down the clock, it is all a game to him and he has felt like a winner for over five years. Will he simply crumble now and admit defeat? No way, he will adjust and make it a new game. It is disheartening in light of the recent trials of the Parkland shooter and also the Wakasha Parade Massacre driver who both got life. So their little games are not over.
Indiana has the death penalty and I for one hope they use it on RA. The sooner he rots in hell the better imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1