Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several aspects of this case.

- two girls were killed, less than a mile from one's home, in a public place, in the middle of the day, by a person whom they, as it appears, did not even recognize.

- during five years of a costly investigation, many locals were suspected by the public and media, as the result of which some were demoted, some made life decisions they might later regret, and some spent time in jail, officially, for unrelated charges that many question.

- During that time, the local sherif said that the citizens of Delphi were not in danger.

- now, as it seems, the citizens of Delphi, and more so, their kids, were in obvious danger. The man who has been arrested and accused of killing the teenagers, lived in the middle of Delphi, worked in the local pharmacy, spent evenings in the popular bar, and was never recognized as the murderer. During these five years, the citizens of Delphi, their children and the unsuspecting public were at risk, as the man was free to roam Indiana and could have visited other states. Also, during these five years, several cases of human trafficking and a pedophile ring were uncovered next to/within Delphi. One of the murdered girls was victim of online pedophile attacks and catfishing; while officially unrelated to murders, no one can fully disprove the connection, yet.

- the state police seems to be positive that the arrested man is the murderer. Neither proof that it is the same man nor the reason for his arrest have been released to the public. Moreover, the arrest affidavit has been sealed. Amidst the expected confusion, new theories have been generated by amateur enthusiasts, some reasonable, other, questionable. The public's interest is piqued by the fact that midway into the investigation, the official sketch of the suspect, his age range, height and looks, all have underwent dramatic change. While the recently arrested man might bear some resemblance to the first sketch, he looks very different from sketch nr 2 by all parameters, including height and age group. In fact, the difference is so significant, that the current suspect is known to have had his pictures taken next to the sketch number 2; on the photo, there is very little similarity between the sketch and the person currently arrested.

While the public has been actively following the case for 5 years and supportive of the investigation, diligently following all press conferences and watching films about the case featuring law enforcement officers, it naturally would like to know what kind of "old detective work", using law enforcement's parlance, led to the murderer being captured.

Everyone understands the need for privacy for the deceased victims and their families. At the same time, the public, predictably, would like to rest assured that they and mostly, their own children are safe from the dangerous predator who killed two teenagers in Delphi, Indiana. Given prior confusing aspects of the investigation, it needs to see that this lengthy and dangerous path has, indeed, ended.

Sadly, the statement of judge Diener, who expressed fear for himself and his own family, does not provide such reassurance. Given the fact that the killer is behind bars, it is not even quite clear who might be threatening the safety of the judge, law enforcement officers and their families, as mentioned in the court documents.

If someone is, however, such a person might definitely be considered a publuc enemy.

All this considered, the public, obviously, has reasons to be worried about own security.

Weighing all the abovementioned facts, there seem to be more pros than cons to unseal the AA.
Couldn’t have said it better. Thank you so much. The Indiana establishment needs to stop clinging on to this in the way they have.

These two young ladies were so full of energy but it was stolen in the blink of an eye. It had been a long time since these were published but I had saved them. I cried the first time I saw them, and over five years later I still shed the tears. May the guilty perpetrator/perpetrators be served their just dues. We will never understand why these crimes keep happening... or at least I won't. :(

The second drawing of the suspect was spot on. Look at the eyes and nose detail
It was said that BG may end up being a mix of the two sketches. Now that makes sense

It’s actually worse having this be a seemingly normal member of the community. A family man. Worked at the local CVS. Kid and wife. Horrific. I liked the idea better that he was some drifter, homeless, mentally unstable. Ugh

HLN
@HLNTV

#DelphiMurders HLN EXCLUSIVE: Carrol County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says before the arrest of Richard Allen, Leazenby "interacted" with Allen in the CVS where Allen worked and found him to be "very, very helpful."
@AJIden
reports.

Yeah. Very helpful in a store with cameras focused on him. Very helpful if you are not a 14 girl or woman. Very helpful if you are not the object of his proclivity. Strange language to use about a man who violently killed 2 people at the same time and stole items of their clothing (allegedly). What we are hearing described is a Jekyll and Hyde scenario.

Yeah. Very helpful in a store with cameras focused on him. Very helpful if you are not a 14 girl or woman. Very helpful if you are not the object of his proclivity. Strange language to use about a man who violently killed 2 people at the same time and stole items of their clothing (allegedly). What we are hearing described is a Jekyll and Hyde scenario.
Leazenby shouldn’t have said this, IMO. Either say something useful or say nothing. Don’t do the “we’re saying nothing” but aw shucks the guy was so helpful!

May I ask a quick question? I've only been following this case sporadically, but I was under the impression that everything happened where the girls were found. However, this article from 10/31/22 states:

"... Abby and Libby are believed to have been killed in another location, before their murderer then moved their bodies to where they were found, the surfaced documents show. ..."

Am I mistaken about everything happening "on site"?

Thanks! (Hopefully Yahoo is an approved source. If it's not, my sincere apologies. Is there a list of approved sources somewhere, for future reference? I looked and looked, but didn't find one.)

About that. Wasn't he transferred already one time after his arrest last week for safety reasons, from one jail to another?

I'm confused by that. Did they transfer him TO carroll county last week from White county?

That seems to be what vinelink said or is saying today even.
vinelink.com
Diener’s order was in response to a request by Sheriff Leazenby to transfer RMA to state protection because, “I cannot provide the services, attention or supervision necessary to protect or meet the defendant’s needs or to insure, protect and guarantee the safety or security of the defendant, staff or facilities.”

RMA had been housed in the neighboring White County Jail since Friday. The Indiana Department of Corrections confirmed he is now in state custody, but would not be listing what facility he is being held in.

Judge approves state protective custody for Delphi suspect citing ‘public’s blood lust’

May I ask a quick question? I've only been following this case sporadically, but I was under the impression that everything happened where the girls were found. However, this article from 10/31/22 states:

"... Abby and Libby are believed to have been killed in another location, before their murderer then moved their bodies to where they were found, the surfaced documents show. ..."

Am I mistaken about everything happening "on site"?

Thanks! (Hopefully Yahoo is an approved source. If it's not, my sincere apologies. Is there a list of approved sources somewhere, for future reference? I looked and looked, but didn't find one.)

I think this is one of those rare cases where the article is wrong. Whoever wrote it probably is not that familiar with the case and leaped to a wrong conclusion based on the RL warrant.

Here is Leazenby answering a direct question about if the girls were killed somewhere else:

Question. Has it been determined the girls were killed where they were found?

Answer. Based on information known, yes.

Source: County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers - Carroll County Comet

I think this is one of those rare cases where the article is wrong. Whoever wrote it probably is not that familiar with the case and leaped to a wrong conclusion based on the RL warrant.

Here is Leazenby answering a direct question about if the girls were killed somewhere else:

Question. Has it been determined the girls were killed where they were found?

Answer. Based on information known, yes.

Source: County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers - Carroll County Comet

Thank you! I wondered if the article might be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member