Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: Carroll County Judge Benjamin Diener has recused
himself in the double murder case against Richard Allen. The Indiana Supreme Court is in the process of appointing Allen County Judge Fran Gull, as Special
Judge in the case. Neither Judge Gull nor Judge Diener can speak to press
about the merits of the case.

I find this to be good news. If he’s not up to the task, best to acknowledge and part ways now. Rather than a sideshow happening in the middle of a trial, as happened in the Morphew case.

R Allen’s will be a far more difficult case.

jmo

Just catching up, I think the details regarding evidence or anything important should be sealed until the trial or when they see fit. If it could jeopardise the prosecutions case and let this murderer go free, then nothing should be released IMO.

I don't think I've ever seen a judge write anything like that; it almost sounded like a defense attorney in regards to the language he used.

He was the one who approved the order to seal, so him being gone can't hurt. Especially reading between the lines of that document, which required no reading between the lines.
I wanted to take out a red pen and edit. That was rough. I’m glad he recused quickly. They are gonna need a bigger boat.

My guess is he had a more recent victim and his dna matched the double murder . They wouldn’t take a car from a 7 year murder . He must of killer again and they took the car for his most recent crime
Interesting observation. But you would have expected charges on that case as well if this were correct, right?

Now is when you want the jockeying to happen. Definitely not when it's closer to trial. This is a good thing, I think.
It's probably likely that after issuing that highly emotionally charged order this morning the judge would have been recused involuntarily anyway. That order was....interesting, to say the least. My opinion only.

It's probably likely that after issuing that highly emotionally charged order this morning the judge would have been recused involuntarily anyway. That order was....interesting, to say the least. My opinion only.
I think it was wise of him to pull the rip cord and request another judge. I'd guess he was talking with the State about that well before he recused himself. Takes a lot of pride to admit you're not the right judge for such a high profile case.

I think he's way out of his depth and I am shocked this court does not seem to have a clerk that handles administrative matters for the judge. I live in smaller county than this one and each of our local courts has a full time clerk (and staff).

I also am shocked that the state, ISP, prosecutor, etc. did not seem to prepare the judge for this possibility since the crime occurred in this county and was always going to be handled by this court? Like it shouldn't be a surprise to this judge that he is initially overseeing the Delphi murder case. Why didn't anyone plan for this?
They do have an elected Clerk of Court. She appears to be a one person show with a very long list of court duties for six courts. Also certifies and oversees all elections., fines, marriage licenses, etc.

I'm in a small town and we have a clerk for general district and one for circuit.

The Clerk of the Courts is a county elected official who performs as an officer of the court, the manager of court information and the chief financial officer for all revenues collected on behalf of the Court. This office also issues marriage licenses and maintains all recorded marriage in Clark County.

The Clerk administers the official court records for all trial court cases with jurisdiction in Clark County, prepares the permanent historical records for the courts, processes and issues various documents for court cases.

As a member of the Election Board, the Clerk oversees, conducts, and certifies the results for all federal, state, county, township, municipal, special, and school board elections.

I agree. In the order he put out this morning he sounded almost panicky and definitely overwhelmed.

I wouldn't be surprised if stuff comes out in time.

We had a case in the UK where a guy called Wayne Couzens, who was 48 and a serving Police officer who held the highest level of vetting in the UK where there is a requirement for substantial unsupervised access to Top Secret information. He went and abducted a young woman off the street under the pretence of him being a police officer and her breaking covid lockdown rules, killed her and burned the body.

Now he's been charged with a number of instances of indecent exposure that happened before the killing, it's now up to 6 counts going back 6 years before he was arrested for murder. Those lower level crimes just don't get the focus or attention, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's the same here.
Profiler Pat Brown thinks RA is a serial killer and states that serial killers are sometimes never found or found only after they have murdered many, many times because they never kill anyone they know and that is who LE suspects first.

Agreed, that was more like a private email than a Judicial opinion. It is obviously highly stressful and he was understandably upset about the attention he was getting personally, but there was a better way to handle it. This isn't the first high-profile case litigated in a small town.

I agree for sure. I'm not an expert by any means but I've dabbled in some geographical profiling previously due to my degrees and if I remember correctly then it usually relies on the same two theoretical predictions that A) most offenders don't tend to travel far from their home location to commit their crimes and B) most offenders live within the area covered by their criminal activity. So it makes sense that LE said early on that they believed he was local and that RA did infact both live locally and didn't live far from the area where the actual murders took place.
Profilers don't think this was his first "rodeo" because someone doesn't start murdering young girls at the age of 45. But yet I don't think there are any cases of missing girls or unsolved murders of young girls in the Delphi area or Mexico, INdiana area (where his parents live and he lived briefly before he married) or Greenwood Indiana (where he also lived briefly before he got married. I know LE are probably checking this out and it will be interesting to see if they find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliWicked77