Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's just the reporter's own opinion, isn't it?
(It says "he believes".)
I don't think that's a statement from any official.

jmoo

I think so too, an opinion FWIW.

Similar to this -

“Officers with Indiana State Police are insisting that the case is still active, which leaves the door open for others to be charged.”

I mean... sure, but how long do they need to establish that belief aye or nay? Months? Years?

They have RA in custody. They believe they have enough to prosecute him effectively and have set dates for hearings accordingly. I'm not sure that having a belief that otheers are involved in the murders can be sufficient reason to keep the AA/PC for RA sealed. Especially given that it's taken them more than 5 years to get this far.

Presumably the other parties involved have now had plenty of time to cover their tracks and move on. Not sure that some extra time to pursue leads is going to provide the elements of surprise and/or certainty the prosecution espouses.

Redact, release, and step up related investigations -- with different detectives leading, IMO.
My personal opinion - I think based on the charges and the recent court filings, PC for RA is weak and circumstantial.

Unless the prosecution is awaiting DNA results from evidence at the scene which indicates more than one person committed the murders, I am not so sure that the crime scene would have been so public (especially if there was any staging).

At the moment, I am not convinced that they have the right person for the murders, but I do tend to think that RA is BG.

ETA - I hope that none of the evidence that the prosecution is relying upon is coming from the mouth of KK.

Barbara’s on HLN right now talking about what happened inside the court room this morning if anyone wants to tune in!

ETA: RA made eye contact with several members of the victims families according to BM. BM was sitting with several family members. RA made eye contact for several seconds, scanned the rows the family members were sitting. He “took in” the environment and scanned the room a lot rather than keeping his head down. He didn’t say a single word during todays proceeding.

So they believe someone else is involved but they do not have probable cause to arrest them on ANY charges, including conspiracy, accessory, aiding & abetting, felony murder, possession of CSAM, etc.

If the person alleged to be involved is already in prison, I don't see the reason for not releasing it. The worry is that they kill themselves or otherwise destroy evidence or flee.

Just watching Barbara McDonald reporting on HLN. She said RA was in bulletproof vest and that his hands were shackled up high to a chain around his chest.
She said when he entered the gallery that he paused to make eye contact with members of the victims’ family.
IMO
Eeekk ew
Making eye contact in a taunting way?

So they believe someone else is involved but they do not have probable cause to arrest them on ANY charges, including conspiracy, accessory, aiding & abetting, felony murder, possession of CSAM, etc.

If the person alleged to be involved is already in prison, I don't see the reason for not releasing it. The worry is that they kill themselves or otherwise destroy evidence or flee.

It was this persons opinion. Nobody official has claimed this.

I would have been shocked if RA did act alone. My gut tells me there is a wild card or two involved, and one of those could end up being the huge shocker they alluded to years ago.

I still am not in the KK camp, but I have considered some theories outside the normal realm of possibilities. If KK were culpable, I cannot imagine that he would not already be charged with at least conspiracy.

I’ve been a keen observer since the first news of this horrific crime, but must keep my pondering to my own musings. TOS, ya know.

The inclusion of “family members” in their “gag order” type Motion is really intriguing. How far does that extend to? Is it just immediate family members? Can they not use social media? So many questions I have that I know we don’t have the answers to. But very intriguing to me. I know Wagner trial in Ohio included it but I don’t recall this happening in many cases, maybe that’s just a detail I’ve normally literally overlooked

In my opinion
LE does not have a weak case. They have waited for almost,6 years to make an arrest.
They likely would have waited as long as it took to be certain there was enough evidence to move forward.
I have faith in them.
I also have faith that a redacted version of the PC will be released sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase