Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Preaching the importance of patience, Carrie urged prosecutors not to bow to the overwhelming public interest and - at times - almost perverse curiosity in the case by prematurely releasing any potentially crucial evidence.
"What is releasing that information going to do?" she said. "It's certainly not going to help the prosecution in any way.
"So why does the media or the public need to know all the details now? It's all going to come out at trial anyway.

Someone else posted this link but I thought these comments from Libby's mom were interesting. I guess if Richard Allen forgoes trial and pleads guilty we are probably not going to learn very much about the circumstances of this. We will just get whatever story he wants to tell about what happened, similar to Chris Watts quick guilty plea and ever-changing not believable stories about what happened. I just have a speculation that if he does end up pleading guilty we will get some story that he was drunk or psychotic from being alcoholic and everything is hazy to him but he did it.

Few thoughts:

RA has been arrested and charged five+ years after the crime;

ISP chest-puffing when they announced his arrest, as if it was a done deal, but "we can't say any more and it'll come out in time";

The absolute contradiction-in-terms that is someone who "definitely did it" being out and about for five more years "did not put our community at risk" (sorry but only one of the statements can be true);

ISP saying the probable cause should remain sealed for XYZ reasons;

ISP then saying "ah actually we theoretically don't mind if the PC comes out" (para-phrasing, but this was stated);

Since RA's charge, the victims' family stating their frustration that the police let the killer remain as a community member for so long;

Now we learn the prosecutor believes someone else is involved and uses that as a reasoning for trampling due-process; yet if the suspicion threshold is high enough re the other parties, surely they could ... arrest them? If there's not enough evidence against those parties to even arrest them, or if they are already incarcerated or are dead, then therefore that is not reason enough - IMO - to trample due-process;

Due-process being trampled and the prime suspect's chance of a fair trial ever-diminishing;

Due-process being trampled and the chance of a mistrial ever-rising;

This all - the process and the narrative in public - being in the hands of basically one prosecutor and one ISP superintendent;

This matters not just to the families, but to the wider community (i.e. the entire country), and impacts not just on whether or not RA is BG and is convicted or not, but on how other past and future crimes like this are handled, impacting basically on community safety.

All just IMO.

Last edited:
Well, this is disappointing. I thought we would have some news today.

I will say that the pictures of RA coming out today with hair on his head just make me even more convinced he’s Bridge Guy. Bald RA is distracting because BG had a hat on … but RA with a ball cap and RA with hair = BG to me.

This is my interpretation of it all, hope I'm right and it clears up some confusion

- The Prosecution alleged in his statement that RA didn't act alone, hence the need to keep it sealed. The reason behind that need can be many, destruction of evidence, the person/s they are thinking of taking their own lives, etc.
- The Judge took "the matter under advisement." That happens every day, it just means that, she? (sorry but I don't know if the Judge is female or male but nevermind that) She may have already decided but needs the proper argumentation to put it in writing or that she hasn't made any decision and needs more time to go over the matter.
- Gag orders are also an everyday occurrence, I'd not read anything into it.
- If they have already given the Judge a redacted version of the PCA, it WILL get released...sometime in the future.

On top of ANYTHING, is getting Justice for Abby and Libby. Our right to know as the Public at large does not supersede that, so if it getting released could potentially jeopardize the case in ANY way, even minimally, keep it sealed and locked away.

Excellent - you have a lawyer's eye ;)

What happened is that the Prosecution, during his argument said that they believe there are other people involved, a reporter that was inside court (Russ McQuaid, sp?) told this other reporter that that was the argument made.
If anything, the reporters are in breach but then, it's their job to report and the motion hasn't been ruled on AFAIK.

All MOO

Richard Allen’s attorney on revelation in court today that second person possibly involved in Delphi murders: “If you read the probable cause affidavit it does not mention anything about any other person. That was news to us.”

So to me this rules out KK grassing RA up. I have never believed he was involved but if he had that would of surely of been mentioned in the documents.

Someone else posted this link but I thought these comments from Libby's mom were interesting. I guess if Richard Allen forgoes trial and pleads guilty we are probably not going to learn very much about the circumstances of this. We will just get whatever story he wants to tell about what happened, similar to Chris Watts quick guilty plea and ever-changing not believable stories about what happened. I just have a speculation that if he does end up pleading guilty we will get some story that he was drunk or psychotic from being alcoholic and everything is hazy to him but he did it.
If they get the right person/s behind bars for this horrific crime then I am okay with not knowing the ins and outs of everything tbh. The most important thing is those who deserve justice get it.

Thanks for finding the copy of exactly what the gag order says...I found the part about the media having already reported and disseminated untrue information about the investigation and its conclusions very interesting.... wonder what's out there that's untrue? It could change how we look at this.

DELPHI, Ind — A judge decided to take the motion to release court documents on the deaths of two Delphi teenagers under advisement. The judge said she will release an order at a future time during a hearing Tuesday.
A bond hearing for Richard Allen is set for Feb. 17. A January hearing was canceled and will be held at the same time as the Feb. 17 hearing.
So this trial isn’t going to start in the Spring as we had hoped is it?

This is just one reason it would be nice to have cameras in the courtroom. Every single move to ‘protect’ information leads to yet more endless speculation. We are not owed anything, but at what point should the PC be made public?
"We are not owed anything" I respectfully disagree. We are all subjects of the justice system, every one of us lives under its power and circumstances it can create. We are owed these protections for a reason, not necessarily just as a suspect, but as free citizens who understand that justice has to be something the whole community accepts, not just something done in closed rooms.

Fox59 just said that the attorney who filed brief for the media was “not given an opportunity to offer argument or testimony” when recounting what occurred in the courtroom. They did file their lengthy brief but the Judge did not seek out any argument from the media attorney on why PC should be released. I’m not super optimistic for the decision to come. I hope I’m wrong.
I wonder if this means we are expecting a publication ban as well then on upcoming trial proceedings??

It makes no sense that they want to keep it sealed because others may be involved. Then Media report that’s the reason why?!

Doesn’t add up!!
But the other day DC noted in an interview that he didn’t believe that releasing probable cause would have a negative impact on RA’s trial… so what the heck?

do you have a source for this? Would love to read more detail.
It was reporter Barbara McDonald on a show called Morning Express With Robin Meade on HLN channel. Idk if it’s acceptable for me to record the tv screen with my phone and try to post it?
I’ve never seen anyone do that, so I assume it’s not a practice within TOS?

I mean... sure, but how long do they need to establish that belief aye or nay? Months? Years?

They have RA in custody. They believe they have enough to prosecute him effectively and have set dates for hearings accordingly. I'm not sure that having a belief that otheers are involved in the murders can be sufficient reason to keep the AA/PC for RA sealed. Especially given that it's taken them more than 5 years to get this far.

Presumably the other parties involved have now had plenty of time to cover their tracks and move on. Not sure that some extra time to pursue leads is going to provide the elements of surprise and/or certainty the prosecution espouses.

Redact, release, and step up related investigations -- with different detectives leading, IMO.
How did RA’s lawyers want this to go? If they wanted it released, then it might indicate that they believe someone else is MORE culpable than he is (the kids are dead so to me, any party to the commission of the crime, before, during or after the fact is guilty) but hey, what do I know? Maybe there is room for a plea bargain if he gives up someone else / others??

It was reporter Barbara McDonald on a show called Morning Express With Robin Meade on HLN channel. Idk if it’s acceptable for me to record the tv screen with my phone and try to post it?
I’ve never seen anyone do that, so I assume it’s not a practice within TOS?
That’s where I heard it too, waiting for HLN to update web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l