Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a proper defense in a capital case be made in a month? The time is for him, the prosecution is pretty much ready to go.
I doubt very much the prosecution is "ready to go", especially with LE and Prosecution justifying sealing the charging documents because of their "ongoing investigation". My opinion only.

Agree this might be the explanation for what happened - but I also query whether the trust was there.

If I was falsely in jail, my priority would be to get any lawyer, including a free one, to get me the hell out of jail today!

One wonders if the accused was happy enough not to know the case against him

02c
I feel confident that Allen wants to know the case against him, if only for his and his wife's planning purposes In my opinion.

If I was accused of such serious matters I wouldn’t want my defense team to rush things and miss things.

It’s better to stay put where he is safe and to make sure his team do the best job possible and no doubt that takes time IMO.
Safe in jail? In my opinion, it's not safe in jail/prison. I wager Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert DeSalvo, Jesse Anderson, Whitey Bulger, John Geoghan, Donald Harvey, John McAfee, Jeffrey Epstein and many more would say it is not at all safe behind bars, if they were still alive. Just my opinion.

Safe in jail? In my opinion, it's not safe in jail/prison. I wager Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert DeSalvo, Jesse Anderson, Whitey Bulger, John Geoghan, Donald Harvey, John McAfee, Jeffrey Epstein and many more would say it is not at all safe behind bars, if they were still alive. Just my opinion.

I sorta have the impression that jail is considerably safer than prison… not sure if facts would bear that out, altho the few of those you named that I’m familiar with were indeed prison murders, not jail

While the accused is in jail, it’s the state’s responsibility to him & even more importantly to the community to keep him alive & in a condition to be brought to trial & convicted of his crimes. Without this no one will ever have answers to what happened. Even if he dies before completing his appeals, his conviction is vacated & he’s thus died “an innocent man”

Once fully convicted & imprisoned, the broader community has no more interest in him & it’s only his own personal interests that the state must protect. This is generally where state enthusiasm for this responsibility seems to begin to flag….
MOO

Eta confusing typo fixed …. grrrr autocorrect

RA is likely safer in jail than out on bond in the Delphi community. Just my opinion

Well he isn’t safe on the street as his wife has had to move and give up work and she wasn’t involved . People don’t tend look kindly at people who murder children (accused). In Prison he can be kept separated and watched constantly.

Moo

Has it crossed anyone’s minds that perhaps KAK’s missing phone could have been with RA, when it was supposedly missing? And then given back to KAK at a later time?

Just thinking out loud. ymmv
Did KAK stop at a local gas station long enough to leave his phone on a retail shelf for RA to retrieve? Share passwords, share devices. Never cross paths in person.

JMO

Did KAK stop at a local gas station long enough to leave his phone on a retail shelf for RA to retrieve? Share passwords, share devices. Never cross paths in person.

JMO
I'd really like to know if it's true that KAK looked up Marathon Gas Station in Delphi on the day of the murders. MS did seem to have things right, so who knows.

I'd really like to know if it's true that KAK looked up Marathon Gas Station in Delphi on the day of the murders. MS did seem to have things right, so who knows.
Big sigh re: "who knows". Investigation has dragged on so long that memory now makes mush of speculation, confirmation and rumor. Hope someone is more helpful here. Thought this was leaked as true, but will take correction humbly. I do trust MS.

I feel confident that Allen wants to know the case against him, if only for his and his wife's planning purposes In my opinion.

So why not get a lawyer on day 1 and access the AA? He has to be allowed both access to the lawyer and the lawyer access to the charges and AA

Not doing that could just be naivety, but also one suspects he knew very well what had been found

So why not get a lawyer on day 1 and access the AA? He has to be allowed both access to the lawyer and the lawyer access to the charges and AA

Not doing that could just be naivety, but also one suspects he knew very well what had been found
Maybe RA thought that someone/thing other than his wife/family was going to front or pay for his defense attorney.
I’m sure one can connect the dots.

Just speculation.

ETA; I’m not referring to the K’s.

Last edited:

Was he required to have counsel in order to even know what the PCA said???

Was reading about forensic investigations and found this super helpful info:

Rigor Mortis​

Immediately after death, a corpse will go flaccid. All the muscles will become relaxed and limp, but the whole body will stiffen after a few hours. The muscles will now contract and become rigid, a stage called Rigor Mortis.

"Rigor Mortis is one of the most useful methods of determining the time of death since its progression is mostly predictable.

It can also give forensic investigators crucial clues about a crime. Based on the body’s position in rigor, certain other deductions can be made, such as whether the site where the body was found is the site of death, if the person died in a particular position, etc. Expressions also freeze on the face of a victim, which helps in giving further insight into the nature of their death."

I was not aware that the face freezes in facial expression! I wonder what the girl's facial expressions may have revealed if anything to investigators!!

Maybe RA thought that someone/thing other than his wife/family was going to front or pay for his defense attorney.
I’m sure one can connect the dots.

Just speculation.

ETA; I’m not referring to the K’s.
Another part of the act. Why would he have or know anything about defence lawyers?
He's innocent you know.
;-)

the case is not about pedophile

I honestly don’t know at this point. Whether a complex case, or a simple one but of the kind that no one wants to discuss, I have capitulated long ago. However, if RA has no known prior history of sexually indiscriminate behavior, ever, then maybe, the case is not about pedophilia, or at least, not RA’s one. It is interesting that no one ever described his other traits. Is he greedy, for example? How much would he risk for money?
Moo This case is not about pedophilia, whether RA has or has not, a history of sexually indiscriminate behavior. The victims were not prepubescent children. MOO Who would pay to have 2 teenage girls murdered and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mkmatti