Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thin evidence. I can only hope there is more evidence than this. I'm not defending RA at all but man, really???? I further do not get AT ALL the purpose of wanting this kept sealed. It says very little except for the unspent bullet.
Thin evidence? He admits to owning the gun, can’t explain how bullet got there, AND he admits to wearing the outfit of bridge guy. Which is amazing to me. Why would he admit that in 2022?! I can see if he claimed he was wearing that stuff BEFORE seeing the BG video but in October of 2022? Why admit that? He is not very bright. I can’t believe he got away with this for so long.

Yeah but he can’t explain how the bullet got there. Also this is just a PC affidavit and all they had to do was allege barebones facts. It isn’t a trial.
If I’m a defense attorney I’m arguing that he frequents the area and the bullet is only linked by proximity to the victims. It could have been there a month before when he was walking. Maybe he pulled a kleenex out of his pocket to blow his nose and it dropped.

Beyond a reasonable doubt this ain’t.

But I would also expect that they think it’s him and are certain that their forensics team will find blood in the car or on his clothes. And that they arrested him for fear of him knowing they were zeroing in on him and his potential reaction to that.

Page 4-

Clothes were found in the Deer Creek belonging to Victim 1 and Victim 2, south of where their bodies were located. Investigators spoke with redacted who stated that she was traveling east on 300 North on February 13th, 2022 and observed male subject walking west, on the north side of 300 North, away from the Monon High Bridge. Redacted advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody. She further stated, that it appeared he had gotten into a fight. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Notice the date on this? February 13, 2022? What on earth?

eta-forgot the link!
this has to be a typo right?

OK not sure if this worst case scenario but if this is all they have its pretty weak. I think he definitely 100% did it but a conviction with just this is going to be tough.

Also we should have been where we are now in 2017 i think hiding this was is part of the desire to keep things seal. The idea that the prosecutor think someone else is involved seems to be fiction based in this PCA. NEVER just take LEs word for it.
I would say that
- His identity being corroborated by no less than 4 witnesses
- Said identifiers corresponding with the video evidence we have
- The unspent round being found near them
- Said round belonging to his gun
- Him being seen with "muddy and bloody" clothing
- Him admitting to being at the scene
- His vehicle being spotted around
- The fact that "Guys, down the hill" was the ending of the video and we don't know anything that happened before that was captured, except for them spotting a gun.
- His initial statement saying that he didn't see anyone, changing to "3 females" this past October****
Makes for a pretty solid case that can only be stronger with what we don't know.

Last edited:
agree

unless there is more this is pretty shady. I personable think he did it, but this in no way matches what people like DC represent. i'm a little bit confused. Good lesson though never just take LEs word for it. clearly the secrecy represented weakness based on what we know now.
LE does not have to divulge all of the information they have against RA in a PCA. What is so clearly represented as weakness?

If I’m a defense attorney I’m arguing that he frequents the area and the bullet is only linked by proximity to the victims. It could have been there a month before when he was walking. Maybe he pulled a kleenex out of his pocket to blow his nose and it dropped.

Beyond a reasonable doubt this ain’t.

But I would also expect that they think it’s him and are certain that their forensics team will find blood in the car or on his clothes. And that they arrested him for fear of him knowing they were zeroing in on him and his potential reaction to that.
But you won’t be arguing at trial based on a barebones PC affidavit. I’m sure there is other evidence that will be presented at trial. The prosecution only needs to allege enough to get an arrest warrant issued. We’ll see.

Yeah, it seems to be a stretch for an arrest. Cycled bullets are lost in the wilderness all the time. Just look at the Debbie Collier case. A news crew found an unspent bullet there at the scene, after it had been searched.
Except, he can't explain how that bullet ended up there, and he also claimed he never loaned out the gun.

So... can anyone offer a reasonable explanation as to how a bullet from his gun, ended up 2 feet away from one of the girls?

Except, he can't explain how that bullet ended up there, and he also claimed he never loaned out the gun.

So... can anyone offer a reasonable explanation as to how a bullet from his gun, ended up 2 feet away from one of the girls?

Exactly!!!

Admitted to be around that afternoon and admitted to owning similar clothing and low and behold a gun shell found at the scene of the crime belongs to him.

The presumption of innocence, aka "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal term that applies to everyone going through the criminal justice system.

The same presumption does not apply to the court of public opinion.

Since nothing has been released yet, none of us know what they have on RA but we do know, LE has filed for both search warrants and arrest warrants and both were given. I have no doubt there was substantial cause.

jmo

THIS!

Our opinions are valid only in the public.

So one thing that confuses me is he worked in a store where he would have seen most of the small community pass though over the years. How was he never recognised by anybody who saw him that afternoon?
Most of the witnesses were juvenile girls, how often are they going to the pharmacy at CVS and/or paying attention to the old guy (in teenagers minds) behind the counter?

The thing that still confuses me is how were the girls killed? With RA's gun? Then why wouldn't they find bullets inside the girls? The pathetic thing for me is that LE overlooked RA's statement from 2017 until just recently.

Well, thin evidence. I can only hope there is more evidence than this. I'm not defending RA at all but man, really???? I further do not get AT ALL the purpose of wanting this kept sealed. It says very little except for the unspent bullet.

Let's say it is related to CSAM and LE is looking for other people's IP addresses who may have received photos of the dead girls.

In that case, LE would not want the affidavit to be unsealed because these people might be alerted to destroy their devices before LE comes knocking. But then again, you'd have to be pretty dumb not to have destroy it already knowing someone had been arrested to those girls' murders.

Also, the "girls" that are the witnesses are probably minors who were catfished into disrobing and photographing. That is a good reason to seal. They would be witnesses not necessarily IN PERSON as to seeing him... but yes, "Manofthetown" or whatever his sign in name was (like A_Shots) would be the one they were questioned under oath that they had on-line contact with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en