Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it seems to be a stretch for an arrest. Cycled bullets are lost in the wilderness all the time. Just look at the Debbie Collier case. A news crew found an unspent bullet there at the scene, after it had been searched.
agree

unless there is more this is pretty shady. I personally think he did it, but this in no way matches what people like DC represented. i'm a little bit confused. Good lesson though never just take LEs word for it. clearly the secrecy represented weakness based on what we know now.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware there was a limit?

"The Prosecutors" podcast and another guest attorney they had on who is a defense attorney (none of these attorneys involved in this case obviously) where saying the it was shocking and highly unusual (to them) how far back the bail hearing was set. And they all speculated that it meant the judge was planning to sit on this for as long as possible maybe even up to the Bail hearing.

ETA - it doesn’t matter as they have been released trying to catch up :D

Folks, remember this is the PCA, not all of the information LE has gathered. RA admits to being on the MHB on the day and approx time, his car was seen backed in at an odd manner, witnesses described his and his clothes, one even described seeing him after the murders appearing muddy and bloody, like he had been in a fight.

Then an unspent Sig bullet located between A&L confirmed to have come from a gun he admitted to owning since 2001.

This is probable all day long in my book. I'm sure we'll hear more when the Prelim Hearing rolls around.

MOO

From the document

unspent round located within two feet of Victim 2 body had been cycled through Richard M. Allen's Sig
Sauer Model P226. The Laboratory remarked:
An identification opinion is reached when the evidence exhibits an agreement of class characteristics and a sulficient agreement of individual marks. Sufficient agreement is related to the significant duplication of random striated impressed marks as evidenced by the correspondence of a pattern or combination of patterns of surface contours. The interpretation of identification is subjecthe in nature, and based on relevant scientific research and the reporting examiner ' training and experience.
Investigators then ran the firearm and found that the firearm was purchased by Richard Allen in 2001.

ETA - it doesn’t matter as they have been released trying to catch up :D
I can’t get a link as most of the U.S news sites don’t work In the EU due to different laws but it was said she has 30 days. Hopefully somebody else can link it.
it's cool i believe you and obviously its irrelevant now! thanks1

Yeah, it seems to be a stretch for an arrest. Cycled bullets are lost in the wilderness all the time. Just look at the Debbie Collier case. A news crew found an unspent bullet there at the scene, after it had been searched.
Yeah but he can’t explain how the bullet got there. Also this is just a PC affidavit and all they had to do was allege barebones facts. It isn’t a trial.

Clothes were found in the Deer Creek belonging to Victim 1 and Victim 2, south of where their bodies were located. Investigators spoke with redacted who stated that she was traveling east on 300 North on February 13th, 2022 and observed male subject walking west, on the north side of 300 North, away from the Monon High Bridge. Redacted advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody. She further stated, that it appeared he had gotten into a fight. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Notice the date on this? February 13, 2022? What on earth?

eta-forgot the link!

Last edited:

“Richard Allen stated he had not been on that property where the unspent bullet was found, that he did not know the property owner, and that he had no explanation as to why a round cycled through his firearm would be at that location. Furthermore, he stated he never allowed anyone to use or borrow his Sig Sauer Model P226”.

Page 7

With all these witnesses on the trail, and a lone witness 50 feet from him while he was on the bridge before the girls were even there, parked so his license plate was hidden, and armed with a gun and likely knife, I get the feeling RA knew the girls were going to be at the bridge and when, and was waiting for them specifically. JMO.
Exactly. Which points to him working with KK and/or TK to coordinate.

McLeland risked his career to have this thing sealed. And lied that it pointed toward other suspects. What?!
He didn’t say the PC affidavit pointed to another person. Just that he believes others are involved. And I think that the fact that RA passed by three young girls to specifically rendezvous with Libby and Abby points to involvement with KK in coordinating through A_S account. That said I don’t think the affidavit jeopardizes the investigation.

So were the girls shot as I wasn’t aware of that ?

So this also confirms that they actually think he is the only suspect so for that I’m relieved as it never made sense this was a grand conspiracy with other pedos.
No, it was an unspent shell casing. It is implied that he pulled the gun on the girls to 'get down the hill'. The word gun was heard on the video. That haven't said how they were murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member