Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there is no new motion on the record. Just the state's original motion from 11/22/22. The judge issued the order on her own, according to the record.

Yes. There are a variety of times when a court decides to act on its own motion, and she decided this was such a time.

Yes. There are a variety of times when a court decides to act on its own motion, and she decided this was such a time.
Guess it depends on the bench rules in that jurisdiction. Of which I am no expert!

Gotcha, but it’s not for a judge to take action based on anything except applications in front of her. She can’t just see events unfold and make actions from her own initiative.

So was there another motion for an emergency order made by the state yesterday?

Typically the Judge can make orders relating to the management of the trial.

But you can see his nose and chin and beard. It’s crazy how he was right there all those years.
Yes he was right there, telling Becky Patty he wouldn't charge her for the photos of Libby that were printed for the girls' funeral. (She acknowledges on video). I still question why a statement was given so soon that the community had nothing to worry about; why not?

I've been wrong about a lot of things, and this could be another, but it's my feeling as of today that this was intensely purposeful to him. JMO.
Agreeing strongly that he was on a mission to target, "and someday you'll know" what Doug Carter knew, when a jury also will know.

I am curious if and what circumstantial x-rated digital evidence LE may have found during the search of RA's home. One could assume his home computer,work computer,cell phone,dvd's,flash drives, etc would contain some sort hardcore violent BDSM P*&rn and/or CP.

IMO They probably found evidence on his devices similar to the crimes that were committed on the victims. LE probably did not enter this evidence for different reasons like ; respect to the victims/families, possibility of filing new charges if by some miracle hes found not guilt or mistrialed they can still file CP charges and he wouldn't be eligible for the double jeopardy law,too bias to defendant etc.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good

Otherwise the accused is going to sock puppet his testimony via press release
Guess I'm in the minority since I don't have a problem with hearing anything from the defense. Let sunlight shine on all actions & statements from all parties. Secrecy serves the perp more than the public. I'm against that.
MHOO

Guess I'm in the minority since I don't have a problem with hearing anything from the defense. Let sunlight shine on all actions & statements from all parties. Secrecy serves the perp more than the public. I'm against that.
MHOO
I mean, that's what happens during the trial. I'd rather a potential jury go into it without any bias whatsoever. Do not want a mistrial.

Wondering. Does LE have the ability to look at his location and movements leading up and after to this crime, based on his phone GPS?

Does anyone remember an interview or article where LE says that witnesses were shown phone numbers and asked if the numbers are familiar? I swear I read this.

Reactions: Vpq
Wondering. Does LE have the ability to look at his location and movements leading up and after to this crime, based on his phone GPS?

Does anyone remember an interview or article where LE says that witnesses were shown phone numbers and asked if the numbers are familiar? I swear I read this.
They can defo look at his phone pings etc to get an idea of what his movements were. If you follow other cases though where cell pings play a part they can be very inaccurate.
Depends on several factors.
At the time of the crime there was only one cell tower nearby so they probably are not able to pinpoint his exact movements that well.

Found this old quote from 2019 from law enforcement:

"Somebody may have already interviewed him,"
"I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened."

Does make you wonder how much truth is in these claims they perhaps knew they had interviewed the killer but had lost his report and details.

@finkleiseinhorn
LACES OUT!
Lol!
I remain hopeful that A&L’s family will get some answers and justice soon, in spite of everything that has happened in the past 5 years.

It's probably about tainting potential jurors even further. There is so much publicity on this case, jurors in Indiana would have to live under a rock to not hear details. They don't want all the discovery getting out to the public IMHO

My thoughts exactly. When guns come off the assembly line they are pretty darn similar. Over time the extractor and other features of the chamber progressively become more individual depending on how many times it's fired, what kind of ammunition is fired through it, how often the gun is cleaned, etc.

So how many times has RA's .40 Sig been fired in the last 5 1/2 years? 10? 100? 1,000? How similar is the chamber, the ejector, the extractor today compared to 5 1/2 years ago? An expert is going to have to admit these features change with use progressively over time. That's how guns become "individual" in the first place. They grow into themselves.

I go to the range about once a week on average and fire about 100 rounds. I myself am now wondering how similar my firearm is today after firing thousands of rounds through it. I've never really thought about it, but I sincerely doubt it is *exactly* the same as it was 5 years ago. The barrel itself, maybe, but the components of the chamber? As a juror I would be more comfortable if that weapon and casing were matched nearer the time of the crimes rather than 5 years later.

But who knows? Maybe the prosecutor will get lucky and RA hasn't fired that gun at all in the intervening years. Some people don't. They buy a firearm for personal protection but rarely, if ever, fire it.

Another thing I would want to know as a juror is how many other casings, spent or unspent, were found on RL's property. RL had a number of firearms too and it's likely he and other people over the years carried out target practice on that property. It's kind of what you do in rural America. Were there other .40 casings found there? How many? Were any others "similar" to RA's .40? Were there 10 other .40 casings that were similar but you're not telling me about the other 9?

As a juror, I have a lot of questions about this piece of evidence and I hope the prosecutor is prepared for them. My opinions only.

Impacts on brass from steel are
going to be very distinctive on a microscopic level and probably under simple magnification. There are two points to compare. MOO he has had his Sig P226 since 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax