IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposted and BBM

4. Prosecution and defense both referenced “incriminating statements” Allen allegedly made in prison. Prosecutor said Allen “confessed 5 or 6 times to killing the girls.” Defense team says the vague statements are inconsistent with Allen’s previous statements. #wthr 3/

DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — A judge has set a trial date and approved several motions in the Richard Allen double homicide case.

The trial was set for January 8 through the 26. The judge also decided Allen will be staying in Westville Correctional Facility.

Also decided is that recording meetings with attorney in correctional facility will stop and medical records will be released to the legal team

Or maybe, just maybe he's not guilty and the stress of being falsely accused has caused him severe stress and mental hardships as is being kept in jail in severe isolation and confinement. Also being treated like a "DOG" is not a good look on the Indiana justice system.

The problems I have with both this case and the Idaho 4 is that with the complete lack of any and all information about the case being released EVERYTHING is a guess at this point. We just don't know.

I find it very disturbing that his and his attorneys private meetings are BEING VIDEOTAPED BY THE PRISON!!!!. I also find RA's condition disturbing as well. At this point all we have is rumors. Based on what I've seen and read on this case I need a lot more to convince me of RA's guilt and there are a lot of shady things going on around this case that gives me an uneasy feeling that something is very off with the entire case. We'll see.

Valid points, thanks for this perspective.

NEW: from the courtroom today during Richard Allen’s hearing. Prosecutor said Allen confessed 5 or 6 times to multiple people he killed Libby German & Abby Williams. His lawyers argued Allen’s mental state led him to make inconsistent statements.

I will admit I watch Vinnie Politan's Court TV show every weeknight and have a crush on him, have since the early Court TV days! Last night he said he is the only original staff left. Anyway, on topic he said he will devote the first hour of tonight's show to Abby and Libby's case and an assumption on my part it is likely the MS podcast hosts will be on. Starts at 8pm ET.

@arielilane thanks so much for all the updates!

NEW: from the courtroom today during Richard Allen’s hearing. Prosecutor said Allen confessed 5 or 6 times to multiple people he killed Libby German & Abby Williams. His lawyers argued Allen’s mental state led him to make inconsistent statements.

He sure as hell isn't being treated as innocent until proven guilty. He's being treated horribly. This is a great example of the downfalls of America's "justice" system. I think there's a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing toward him, but I also don't think anyone who is waiting for trial should be treated like this unless they're Gary Black himself.

DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — A judge has set a trial date and approved several motions in the Richard Allen double homicide case.

The trial was set for January 8 through the 26. The judge also decided Allen will be staying in Westville Correctional Facility.

Also decided is that recording meetings with attorney in correctional facility will stop and medical records will be released to the legal team

What the heck. I did not think that meetings with attorneys being recorded was allowed. That seems wrong from the get go.

He sure as hell isn't being treated as innocent until proven guilty. He's being treated horribly. This is a great example of the downfalls of America's "justice" system. I think there's a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing toward him, but I also don't think anyone who is waiting for trial should be treated like this unless they're Gary Black himself.

How is he being treated horribly?

6/15/2023 updated an hour ago

He is coherent enough to recognize his wife and mother. He told them that he loves them.
He sometimes skips meals.
He has admitted several times to being the killer.
The guy is depressed because he has been caught and no longer has his freedom.
He is scared of what waits for him after trial.
Evidence is going to expose the level of depravity he gas taken.
He isn't being treated horribly.
He is being held accountable.

JMO

DELPHI, Ind. – Prosecutor Nick McLeland said in court Thursday that Richard Allen “confessed five or six times” that he killed best friends Abby Williams and Libby German on remote historic trail in Delphi in February 2017.

“He made multiple confessions to multiple people,” McLeland said on Thursday.

Richard Allen’s defense attorney acknowledged “incriminating statements” made by Allen but attributed the comments to his client’s deteriorating mental state.

“He has made incriminating statements implicating himself in the crime,” said Allen’s defense attorney, Bradley Rozzi.

Defense attorneys and prosecutors made arguments in court Thursday about statements previously made by Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen, including the reported “confessions” of the murders.

Updated: Jun 15, 2023 / 03:35 PM EDT

You know I've liked your messages for years, and almost always agree with you, but I have to add my own opinion. He MAY NOT BE "HELD ACCOUNTABLE" until his guilt is established at trial. And until then, he ought to be held in the same circumstances, with reasonably decent treatment, the same treatment and conditions that you or I would be held in, if we were arrested by mistake for something. THIS IS A CORNERSTONE OF AMERICAN LAW.

You know I've liked your messages for years, and almost always agree with you, but I have to add my own opinion. He MAY NOT BE "HELD ACCOUNTABLE" until his guilt is established at trial. And until then, he ought to be held in the same circumstances, with reasonably decent treatment, the same treatment and conditions that you or I would be held in, if we were arrested by mistake for something. THIS IS A CORNERSTONE OF AMERICAN LAW.

I don't disagree.
But, I digress, how is being treated differently than others,?

You know I've liked your messages for years, and almost always agree with you, but I have to add my own opinion. He MAY NOT BE "HELD ACCOUNTABLE" until his guilt is established at trial. And until then, he ought to be held in the same circumstances, with reasonably decent treatment, the same treatment and conditions that you or I would be held in, if we were arrested by mistake for something. THIS IS A CORNERSTONE OF AMERICAN

BTW, You are still one of my favorite posters.
May I explain what I meant by "He is being held accountable?"

My statement was going more towards the fact that the deterioration of his mental faculties is due to his arrest and now he will have to deal with the consequences.

Does he look awful?
The photo shown from his attorneys was shocking.
But the cause of the weight loss, his demeanor, etc. Could be that the guilt he is carrying is eating him alive.

Also, these are my opinions, just like I stated.

I am definitely not the court of law here, just a person that has watched this case from the beginning.

I am probably partially being led by emotions, This I can't deny.

EBM
JMO

Last edited:
He is coherent enough to recognize his wife and mother. He told them that he loves them.
He sometimes skips meals.
He has admitted several times to being the killer.
The guy is depressed because he has been caught and no longer has his freedom.
He is scared of what waits for him after trial.
Evidence is going to expose the level of depravity he gas taken.

JMO
There are hundreds of equally depraved defendants awaiting trial and punishment all over this country. Should we house all of them as if they are already convicted prison inmates, serving time in solitary? Or just RA?

MOO Your list doesn't justify the exceptional and very unusual conditions and location where RA is being housed, which could be causing his decline and absolutely affects his attorney's access to their client. It seems you don't think that this can impact the trial and possible future legal challenges. I believe RA is guilty but I want a fair trial and a solid conviction whether he pleads out or a jury finds him guilty. I don't know if he is being treated "horribly" or not, that is subjective, but that's not the measure of whether he is getting equivalent treatment as defendants awaiting trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone