IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cannot see Richard Allen in the video from Liberty German's phone, even with a confession.

I would have let him go because it is better to let a guilty man go free than it is to convict an innocent person.
But the video isn't all they have.

And the jury who will decide whether he walks or not has yet to hear the evidence and/or to judge it. If they then have such doubts after seeing and hearing all the evidence, then they'll let him go by finding him not guilty. That's how it works.

In the courtroom Thursday, onlookers learned Allen has an electronic tablet to make phone calls from his prison cell, and the calls are monitored. In those calls, the prosecution said, Allen confessed five or six times to the murders of the girls.

BBM-Hmmmm...this report states RA confessed in recorded prison calls.
mmmm. Who did he call and confess to? His wife? His daughter? A pool playing buddy? A coworker? Think about it. If you're in jail on murder charges, what 5 people would you call and confess to? Or was it one (or more) people he confessed to numerous times?

I would add this interesting statement from that testimony.
So he apparently was doing OK and then…

“He testified that Allen started exhibiting “strange behavior” the day after he was given legal work, although he did not go into detail on the behavior or what that work was.”

Hmmmm….
Knowing the jig is up is bound to affect his mental health. He was free thinking he'd gotten away with it and then.........bam, arrested and charged with murder X 2.
<modsnip - diagnosing mental health> I hope he can stay alive until the trial, I'd be hooking him up and drip feeding him if needs be.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the courtroom Thursday, onlookers learned Allen has an electronic tablet to make phone calls from his prison cell, and the calls are monitored. In those calls, the prosecution said, Allen confessed five or six times to the murders of the girls.

BBM-Hmmmm...this report states RA confessed in recorded prison calls.
Let's hope the confessions included information "only the killer would know" and if so............

BTW, You are still one of my favorite posters.
May I explain what I meant by "He is being held accountable?"

My statement was going more towards the fact that the deterioration of his mental faculties is due to his arrest and now he will have to deal with the consequences.

Does he look awful?
The photo shown from his attorneys was shocking.
But the cause of the weight loss, his demeanor, etc. Could be that the guilt he is carrying is eating him alive.

Also, these are my opinions, just like I stated.

I am definitely not the court of law here, just a person that has watched this case from the beginning.

I am probably partially being led by emotions, This I can't deny.

EBM
JMO
ITA with you. I don't have to assume his innocence until proven guilty here on the WS threads. I'll leave that up to a jury of his peers. From what I've seen and read, I truly believe RA is guilty.

I feel assured that he is being treated no differently than other Defendant awaiting trial, there's no way the State is going to jeopardize this case. Has his mental and physical well being taken a toll because he is no longer in the free world going about his normal life? Yes of course.

I think it's a ploy tactic mysef from RA to seem as small and unthreatening as possible. Or, maybe he realizes his days of beer drinking, shooting pool, hiking and family time are a thing of the past? Either way, this is what he has brought upon himself when he decided to murder 2 innocent girls.

He hid in plain sight for 6 years, time to be held accountable.

ALL MOO

#Justice4Abby&Libby

More at link-just brought over more info. about housing conditions.

John Galipeau testified to Allen’s conditions at the Westville Correctional Facility.

He explained that while it was evident that Allen had lost weight, he had been eating, showering and utilizing recreation time at the prison.

Allen is housed in A-pod, according to Galipeau, which is the same cell he has been in since the day he arrived at the facility. That cell was described as being 12’ by 8.5’ and is in the segregated, maximum-security section of the prison.

Because of his location, Allen has been on watch since the day he arrived and due to his additional ‘suicide watch’ status, he has 24-hour surveillance video (without audio), according to Galipeau. He is also on companion watch, which means that someone – either an inmate or a guard – stands outside of his cell 24 hours per day.

Allen is allowed three showers per week and three sets of clothing. He also has access to commissary, where he has bought clothing, socks and shoes, Galipeau told the judge. He also has a tablet, which accesses music, movies and phone calls and he is afforded 1 hour of recreation time, five times per week.

Galipeau says there have been no known threats to Allen or the facility since he arrived back in November and that the reports, he has received from Allen’s medical providers on staff has been in the healthy ranges the entire time he has been housed with them.

He testified that Allen started exhibiting “strange behavior” the day after he was given legal work, although he did not go into detail on the behavior or what that work was.

Gull issued a temporary restraining order for the DOC while Allen’s attorneys are meeting with him. She plans to take the arguments under advisement and will make a ruling on whether or not he will be moved out of Westville at a later date.

poster_c05c6ba513f64c34a3560d80e44d43b3.jpeg

Richard Allen Court Appearance 61523
Now this is more believable. RA is creating a defense ploy.

JMO

Thank you for putting this up!
I wanted to use it in relation to my post, but of course couldn't find it .

He is eating. He exercises. He has showers and clean clothes.

He watches movies and has a tablet, etc etc.

He has a companion.

He listens to music.
More than what Abby and Libby can do. :mad:

MOO

At the 45mm, who is the guy RA's atty was inquiring about and why does he matter?

How is RA being treated sub-humanly? This is purely Defense spin IMO. RA is a high risk prisoner on suicide watch.

<snipped>

Galipeau testified to Allen’s conditions at the Westville Correctional Facility.

He explained that while it was evident that Allen had lost weight, he had been eating, showering and utilizing recreation time at the prison.

Allen is housed in A-pod, according to Galipeau, which is the same cell he has been in since the day he arrived at the facility. That cell was described as being 12’ by 8.5’ and is in the segregated, maximum-security section of the prison.

Because of his location, Allen has been on watch since the day he arrived and due to his additional ‘suicide watch’ status, he has 24-hour surveillance video (without audio), according to Galipeau. He is also on companion watch, which means that someone – either an inmate or a guard – stands outside of his cell 24 hours per day.

Allen is allowed three showers per week and three sets of clothing. He also has access to commissary, where he has bought clothing, socks and shoes, Galipeau told the judge. He also has a tablet, which accesses music, movies and phone calls and he is afforded 1 hour of recreation time, five times per week.

Trial date set in Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen's case

At the 45mm, who is the guy RA's atty was inquiring about and why does he matter?
Good question. On my podcast player it was at the 46 minute mark that the witness (described below for context of this remark) was asked to confirm if a man named Robert Baston (spelling may be wrong) was an inmate at Westville.

At the 45 minute mark, they are talking about the testimony of Captain Gary Lewis of the Department of Corrections. He has been at Westville for 4 years and is a team lead in the max security unit. He spoke of the system of using "companions" to monitor certain prisoners. The MS hosts said Rozzi's point was that the use of inmates as companions was not professional. It was revealed through testimony that as time went on Allen now is being assigned an employee of DOC rather than an inmate companion. The prosecutor then had Captain Lewis testify that Allen was being treated the same as all other inmates. Rozzi then tried to hammer home the point that it is not common for pre-trial inmates to be held with convicted individuals, including convicted child molesters.

Following this Brian Rozzi came back to ask one last question of Captain Lewis: Can you confirm that a man named Robert Baston (?) is in the same unit as Richard Allen? Which was affirmed.

Likely it's this Robert Baston (sensitive people might not want to read the details there): Robert Paul Baston v. State of Indiana (NFP)

Link to MS Podcast: Murder Sheet

He is an inmate at Westville but I don't know why he was asked about. I looked him up and ewwww!

Good question. On my podcast player it was at the 46 minute mark that the witness (described below for context of this remark) was asked to confirm if a man named Robert Baston (spelling may be wrong) was an inmate at Westville.

At the 45 minute mark, they are talking about the testimony of Captain Gary Lewis of the Department of Corrections. He has been at Westville for 4 years and is a team lead in the max security unit. He spoke of the system of using "companions" to monitor certain prisoners. The MS hosts said Rozzi's point was that the use of inmates as companions was not professional. It was revealed through testimony that as time went on Allen now is being assigned an employee of DOC rather than an inmate companion. The prosecutor then had Captain Lewis testify that Allen was being treated the same as all other inmates. Rozzi then tried to hammer home the point that it is not common for pre-trial inmates to be held with convicted individuals, including convicted child molesters.

Following this Brian Rozzi came back to ask one last question of Captain Lewis: Can you confirm that a man named Robert Baston (?) is in the same unit as Richard Allen? Which was affirmed.

Likely it's this Robert Baston (sensitive people might not want to read the details there): Robert Paul Baston v. State of Indiana (NFP)

Link to MS Podcast: Murder Sheet
Thanks. Real life called and I haven't listened to the rest of it yet.

I found who I think is him in Westville. Indiana Incarcerated Database Search

Thanks. Real life called and I haven't listened to the rest of it yet.

I found who I think is him in Westville. Indiana Incarcerated Database Search

Look at his Indiana court dockets. I spent a lot of time there. He likes to sue the Indiana prison system and even sued Gov. Holcomb! Probably a big part of why he is in Westville Max Unit- quite the trouble maker!

Look at his Indiana court dockets. I spent a lot of time there. He likes to sue the Indiana prison system and even sued Gov. Holcomb! Probably a big part of why he is in Westville Max Unit- quite the trouble maker!
There's the one where they called him a snitch. Imagine that.
Case 77D01-2101-CT-000026

Yemelyan said:
snipped by me...

At the 45 minute mark, they are talking about the testimony of Captain Gary Lewis of the Department of Corrections. He has been at Westville for 4 years and is a team lead in the max security unit.

I do not have this name in the witnesses that were listed on the tweets. For the Westville I have this:

from the Westville facility Captain John Galipeau.

Did I miss someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member