IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #163

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take the video of BG out of the equation because RA appears to look so different now. Did he starve himself for the purpose of misleading a future jury? Many people relate to visuals, as I am one of those people; however, I would never convict someone on photo alone! There is more than the photo which was brilliant of Libby to have taken. The forensics I believe are going to be strong evidence in this case, or he would never have been arrested.

Also, I think about the time RA did not charge Libby’s grandmother for processed photos. Besides, it sounds like RA has been confessing about the crime since day one. A confessed monster. Did he want to be caught and glad he finally got caught and is relieved?

I have always been curious if the jacket and pants shown in the photo were found in RA's home and, if so, that is extremely damning evidence... what may have been found on the items?

If the case goes to trial, it will be the totality of the circumstances that have yet been shown that will seal his fate.

All speculation, moo
The man a witness saw leaving the crime scene after the murders was bloody, and the witness assumed he'd been in a fight. If he was bloody, I'd like to know if police processed the family vehicles and if there may have been transfer evidence from his person to the vehicle? A single spec of blood might be a damn good bit of evidence in this case - how the heck would he explain the blood from one or both victims ending up in a vehicle driven by him???

LINK to statement regarding witness who saw a muddy and bloody man near the scene: Murder Sheet - The Delphi Murders: "Muddy and Bloody” on Stitcher

The man a witness saw leaving the crime scene after the murders was bloody, and the witness assumed he'd been in a fight. If he was bloody, I'd like to know if police processed the family vehicles and if there may have been transfer evidence from his person to the vehicle? A single spec of blood might be a damn good bit of evidence in this case - how the heck would he explain the blood from one or both victims ending up in a vehicle driven by him???

The issue he was arrested many years after the fact. But they can place him on that first platform just before the girls arrived .

The only thing that we know is that RA confessed several times to several people while on his tablet.

One of the best bits of information that came through yesterday's hearing was that there is zero expectation for privacy while making those calls from his tablet. Zero.

The only time one can expect that privacy is between attorney and client.

I am certain this information will be used at trial. I am equally certain that the defense will do their best to explain away why those confessions were made. But let's be clear - if these confessions were made to friends and family, they were not coerced, they were not forced.

IMO, RA is cooked. And he is the one that preheated the oven.

JMO
If he did this crime, and flaunted himself whilst hiding in plain sight (eg: posing for a photo at the pool hall with the composite of the killer posted to the wall behind him) then he is a manipulative monster!! I hope one day we all find out what happened, how it happened and whether anyone missed any possible signs that he was the killer (IF he is convicted). It will be interesting and I hope educational to learn from him as much as we can in the hopes of preventing another such murder and cover up in the future.

The Delphi Murders: Possible Confessions, Due Process, and Public Access to Court Filings

As per podcast:

The photo of RA that sent shockwaves through the people following the Delphi case was basically quite misleading.

RA had JUST finished working out for 45 minutes. THAT shirt is his "workout" shirt BY choice. He ONLY wears that one for exercise.

He had the option to change it before sitting with his attorneys. He chose not to.

IMO that speaks volumes about why that photo was taken

They wanted the public to feel sympathy for RA

JMO

The MS podcast is so detailed. There is so much more that went on yesterday than the supposed highlights we got from Twitter feeds.
The defense’s claim of mistreatment was completely debunked. This should put an end to any talk about RA being abused and torture. The judge herself commented the motion was more about lawyer convenience than mistreatment. The defense responded to that by saying their being inconvenienced affects their client and his case, which I think has some merit.
Why the defense did not simply ask for a move using this argument is puzzling and concerning. They took a perhaps valid argument and instead concocted this frankly totally fabricated tale of RA‘s mistreatment. It was obviously a ploy to garner sympathy and affect potential jurors.

I would have let him go because it is better to let a guilty man go free than it is to convict an innocent person.

I do hear what you're saying here but it is arguably a strawman fallacy. I don't think most people would want an innocent person punished for a crime they didn't commit. Also, I think most people would prefer there was ironclad proof of guilt rather than a bunch of sketchy coincidences and/or circumstantial evidence.

In RA's case, as far as we know, they have enough information and evidence pointing directly back at him to bring him in and hold him until trial. We only know the information that was released to the public *so far*. I really want the person who did this to be held responsible. If that happens to be RA, so be it.

If indeed it was RA who committed this crime, during those multiple confessions to multiple people, I hope he provided details only the murderer would know. Ironclad.

personally , I think this is all a ruse by a manipulative psychopath...the weight loss, the crappy shirt, the cry baby routine..
it's all a bunch of bs and he will pull drama whenever he thinks it will benefit him..do I think he will kill himself? he will try it, to get sympathy and place doubt on his ability to sit through trial..I hate when they call him "Rick " and act like he is their pool buddy...did they hear about him telling his wife he was going to beat the f out of her in the parking lot of the bar..??? yeah good ole' Rick...

word of advice to the defense....

PauPau didn't work for Murdaugh and this curtsey talk isn't gonna play in Indiana. mOO

@minazoe--I also wanted the DP for him, but now I don't. <modsnip - Websleuths does not condone advocating violence> to me that is a far greater punishment than him being put out of misery. Just sayin.

I'm a tad concerned that the recordings made and being heard by his attorney's and the prosecution could harm the case. It could be inadmissible. Did him 'admit' this to his attorney's under client privilege or in some chit chat with someone else? I'm sure this has been clarified and I missed it. Obviously it has some merit or else the Judge wouldn't have placed a restraining order on DOC.

Do any of you feel he would admit/confess to his wife or mother? I don't.

This thing still stinks to high hell, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
@minazoe--I also wanted the DP for him, but now I don't. <modsnip - Websleuths does not condone advocating violence> to me that is a far greater punishment than him being put out of misery. Just sayin.

I'm a tad concerned that the recordings made and being heard by his attorney's and the prosecution could harm the case. It could be inadmissible. Did him 'admit' this to his attorney's under client privilege or in some chit chat with someone else? I'm sure this has been clarified and I missed it. Obviously it has some merit or else the Judge wouldn't have placed a restraining order on DOC.

I'm not convinced that his decline is fake, but, if it is, I would wager he used his phone calls to his advantage specifically because they were being monitored. For example, he could have called his wife and acted all out of sorts, talking jibberish, throwing in a confession or two between his other nonsense. But again, I feel it's possible RA's decline is real, although probably amplified by his defense team. JMO.

It is admissible because the calls were between himself and friends and or family.

These were between 5 and 6 different individuals, none of which included his attorneys.

JMO

Edited your post a bit to what I’m addressing here.

The admission/confession phone calls are absolutely admissible according to every lawyer talking head I have heard talking about it.
—the calls were not with his attorney(which would be inadmissible) but we’re with family and others
—there Is no expectation of privacy on a prison phone call. Prisoners are made aware that all calls are recorded
—this is not hearsay since the words came from RA himself

Just my thoughts, but I don’t think this is going to trial.

RA's visits with his attorneys were being video recorded not audio recorded. The Judge ordered against that going forward if IIRC from yesterday's tweet storm.

Grrrrr, I hate this tweeting hearings/trial crap.

MOO

• Allen is living in the prison’s A-pod, which is a segregated maximum security unit with additional security within the prison. The unit houses felons who have been convicted of serious crimes such as murder and child molestation.
  • The Delphi murders defendant is the only pre-trial (non-convicted) inmate currently housed in the prison’s maximum security unit, and the only pre-trial inmate assigned to the unit during the four years that Galipeau has been warden at the prison.
  • Since arriving at the prison last fall, Allen has been living in a 12’ x 8-1/2’ cell that is equipped with a mattress on a secured bed frame, a toilet and a bible.
  • Allen’s cell is equipped with a surveillance camera that records his activities 24 hours a day.
  • The warden assigned Allen to a segregated (individual) cell because the high-profile nature of Allen’s crime involving children places him at a higher risk of retaliation and violence from other inmates. Galipeau said he would be concerned about Allen's safety if he were to place him in the general population of Westville Correctional Facility.
  • Allen is permitted to shower three times per week, and he is allowed one hour of recreation time outside his cell five times per week.
  • The defendant is provided three sets of clothing each week. He also has access to the prison commissary and has purchased socks, shoes and shirts, according to the warden.
  • Each inmate, including Allen, is provided an electronic tablet that allows him to listen to music, watch movies and make phone calls. Those calls can be accessed and monitored by a prison investigator.
  • Unlike other inmates in the maximum security unit, Allen is permitted to have face-to-face visits with his family.
  • When Allen is being transported from his cell to other locations within the prison, he is placed in chains/cuffs around his hands, feet and torso, and is sometimes transported with a restraint chain, which his defense team described as a leash similar to those used to walk a dog.
  • Allen has been on “suicide watch” since last fall. The warden testified that Allen’s mental health seemed to decline a few months after he arrived when the defendant “received his legal paperwork.”
  • Because he is on suicide watch, the Indiana Department of Corrections has stationed a prison officer outside Allen’s cell around the clock. It used to be another inmate who was posted at Allen’s cell door as part of the facility’s “companion program,” but the warden said that changed once Allen’s mental state declined.
  • Allen has written the warden five or six letters while in prison. He did not elaborate on the topic of those letters.
  • He acknowledged Allen has lost considerable weight since arriving at Westville, but Galipeau said the defendant’s vital signs have remained within a “normal range” and he receives almost daily checkups by the prison’s medical and mental health staff.

6/16/2023

Edited your post a bit to what I’m addressing here.

The admission/confession phone calls are absolutely admissible according to every lawyer talking head I have heard talking about it.
—the calls were not with his attorney(which would be inadmissible) but we’re with family and others
—there Is no expectation of privacy on a prison phone call. Prisoners are made aware that all calls are recorded
—this is not hearsay since the words came from RA himself

Just my thoughts, but I don’t think this is going to trial.
TY Starry
The only thing I saw was the mention of him speaking with his attorney and it being monitored. So I have misunderstood what someone else misquoted on another site.

Minazoe TY! I meant no offensiveness to anyone and you stated it far better than I did. He showed Abby and Libby no mercy therefore he should get none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl