IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the car was parked at the CPS building, that is a long way to take them without anyone noticing. I have a hard time thinking there was an intent to leave with the victims if the perp was rocking a 2016 Focus Hatchback. Granted they were small young girls...but a small Ford focus hatchback is not exactly the ideal choice for trying to kidnap someone I would think...it's small, lots of windows, no private trunk area.

JMO
Some hatchbacks have a kind of “trunk cover” attached that can be removed. My Hyundai hatchback has one of these. But I agree, the car was parked too far away from the scene to be useful for hiding humans, and way too small for two humans.

MOO.

Oh that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Those poor girls didn't stand a chance, and it breaks my heart to even think about how scared they must have been. At least they had each other and I hope that provided some sense of comfort to each of them.

We know the male suspect isn’t in either of the two Snapchat 2:07pm pics. I’ve always been curious if there’s other pics on Libby’s cellphone because I can imagine a scenario where Abby is still on the bridge deck posing for other pics as he walks onto the bridge. I wonder, would that be enough to set him off into a rage, if the girls didn’t immediately get out of his path once they noticed him beginning to cross the bridge?

I think @twall and @MistyWaters explained it above, though. That photo was the one used compare to his jailhouse shot for the Emergency Safekeeping, which makes sense.

Agreed. That seems like a solid explanation.

I downloaded the file during my lunch break at work and skimmed over some of the documents. I was hoping to do a deep dive when I got home, but I keep getting an error message saying there are too many people downloading the files. I knew I should have forwarded it to my personal email before I left. :|

For those having issues reading docs:
Here is the property receipt of items collected from 1967 Whiteman Dr. Delphi, Indiana and from the car acquired at that property.

----------------------------

MC8 Sealed cardboard box containing one black Sig Sauer P226 .40 Calmer handgun. Serial Number U625627.

MC9 Sealed plastic bag containing one .40 caliber S&W cartridge found in wooden keepsake box on dresser between both closets in master bedroom.

MC10 Sealed plastic bag containing one .40 caliber S&W cartridge found inside Sig Sauer P226 handgun

MC11 Sealed plastic bag containing two magazines, one filled with nine .40 caiiber cartridges and one
with eight .40 caliber cartridges.

MC12 Sealed paper bag containing one black Sig Sauer handgun case containing one trigger lock with two keys.

MC13 Sealed paper bag containing a papa: wrapped wooden weave box containing two 'Audiovox" device. one siiver Motoroia flip phone MSN:86530XP771, one siiver Motoroia flip phone MSNfloSBDXPGZi, 4 car chargers, three wall outlet chargers

MC14 Sealed plastic bag containing one Lexar compact flash 1 GB memory card.

DRV104 Sealed paper bag containing one pair of dirty Thorogood boots size 7.5 mens.

DRV105 Sealed paper bag containing one pair of dirty black boots, size 6.5 regular

DRV106 Sealed envelope containing one silver double edged knife in a silver metal sheath.

DRV107 Sealed envelope containing one brown gold and silver folding knife.

DRV108 Sealed envelope containing black sheath containing one brown gold and silver folding knife.

DRV109 Sealed envelope containing one black sheath containing one black handled silver bladed imperial knife.

DRV110 Sealed envelope one black sheath containing one fold'able knife with a red! gold handle.

DRV111 Sealed envelope one sheath containing two Ozark Trail knives.

DRV112 Sealed envelope one black sheath containing one knife with a wood! ivory handle and gold guard.

DRV113 Sealed envelope containing one rusted "Old Timer' folding knife, one 'Sharp' 2 bladed folding I knife, one black folding "Gerber" knife, and one black folding knife.

DRV114 Sealed envelope containing one red handled' Crosley" multi-tool, one blue multi-tool, one green I and gold lndiana National Guard multi-tool. and one black multi~tool.

DRV115 Sealed envelope containing one black sheath containing a brown handled, silver bladed "Sabre" bowie knife.

DRV116 Sealed paper bag containing one blue jacket with red stripes- ADiDAS.

DRV117 Sealed paper bag containing one blue 1/4 zip sweatshirt.

DRV118 Sealed paper bag containing one black and green 'FOX' hooded sweatshirt.

DRV119 Sealed paper bag containing one black and gray "North End" coat.

DRV120 Sealed paper bag containing one blue 'Carhartt" coat

DRV121 Sealed paper bag containing one pair timberland boots. Size 8.

DRV122 Sealed paper bag containing one pair of blue "Arizona" jeans size 34x29

DRV123 Sealed paper bag containing one pair of blue "Arizona" jeans size 34x29.

DRV124 Sealed paper bag containing one pair of blue "Arizona" jeans size 34X29

DRV12S Sealed paper bag containing one pair of blue Levi Strauss jeans size 34x29

DRV126 Sealed paper bag containing one pair of blue Levi Strauss jeans size 34x29

DRV127 Sealed paper bag containing one winter gray hat with fur like fibers.

DRV128 Sealed paper bag containing one black and red "UFC" hooded sweatshirt with a full zip.

DRV129 Sealed paper bag containing one 1/4 zip "George" sweatshirt.

DRV139 Sealed paper bag containing one black/blue 1/4 zip 'Waimart" sweatshirt.

DRV131 Sealed paper bag containing one blue "George" sweatshirt, U4 Zip.

DRV132 Sealed paper bag containing one blue "Kenneth Cole" sweatshirt.

DRV133 Sealed paper bag containing one blue "Fruit of the Loom" sweatshirt.

DRV134 Sealed 'paper bag containing one blue "Starter" sweatshirt.

DRV135 Sealed paper bag containing one black "Spider" hooded sweatshirt.

DRV136 Sealed paper bag containing one blue sweatshirt with an old label.

DRV137 Sealed paper bag containing one blue Adidas sweatshirt.

DRV138 Sealed paper bag containing one brown fitted cap with a small bill.

DRV139 Sealed paper bag containing one black WRI stocking cap, one black 'NASCAR' Ford Racing stocking cap, one black "ADiDAS" stocking cap, one red/white, and gray/brown Canada stocking cap.

DRV140 Sealed paper bag containing one gray and black "ADIDAS" skull cap

DRV141 Sealed paper bag containing one gray and white NFL Colts skuil cap

DRV142 Sealed paper bag containing one brown Carhartt stocking cap.

DRV143 Sealed paper bag containing ten pairs of gloves and 1 extra giove.

DRV144 Sealed paper bag containing one blue fabric strap, and one blue/green fabric strap/

DRV14S Sealed cardboard box containing one HP laptop Serial: CN3051 i779

DRV146 Sealed cardboard box containing one HP Pavilion Laptop Serial: CNF7496KTS

DRV147 Sealed paper bag containing one plastic bag containing multiple headbands.

DRV148
Sealed paper bag containing one cardboard phone box containing misc cellular information

DRV149 Sealed paper bag containing one Winchester Supreme Elite empty ammo box.

DRV150 Sealed envelope containing one smaller envelope containing one cruzer micro 268 flash drive with Rick on the back.

DRV151 Sealed envelope containing a 1TB western digital hardrive.

DRV152 Sealed envelope containing one Samsung phone in a floral case.

DRV153 Sealed envelope containing miniature katana with a red tassel.

DRV154 Sealed envelope containing one black sheath and one Rapala filet knife from garage.

DRV155 Sealed envelope containing one black sheath and one "The Best Defense' knife from garage.

DRV156 Sealed envelope containing one black external hard drive and cord. Serial WX20A99F4518.

DRV157 Sealed envelope containing one smaller envelope containing one black lPod serial 716016DTJT.

DRV158 Sealed envelope containing one smaller envelope containing one 32MB 50 card and one 256MB I SD card.

DRV159 Sealed cardboard box containing one black sheath with an animal imprinted on the front and one I large wooden handled knife with a rusted blade from garage.

DRV160 Sealed paper bag containing five miscellaneous vehicle chargers.

DRV161 Sealed paper bag containing nine miscellaneous wall outletchargers.

DRV162 Sealed paper bag containing miscellaneous phone accessories.

DRV163 Sealed paper bag containing one HP laptop charger.

DRV164 Sealed paper bag containing two pagers, one black and one blue.

DRV165 Sealed paper bag containing three Motorola and one LG flip phones.

DRV166 Sealed envelope containing one LG Verizon smart phone.

DRV167 Sealed paper bag containing one cardboard box containing one LG Verizon side slide smart phone.

DRV168 Sealed envelope containing one Motorola Verizon smart phone.

DRV169 Sealed envelope containing three older cell phones. one Aodiovox, one Nokia, and one Motorola.

DRV170 Sealed paper bag containing one cardboard box containing one Nokia 7705 Twist cell phone and documents.

DRV171 Sealed cardboard Garmin box containing one Garmin StreetPliot c340 device, two cords, and I documentation.

DRV172 Sealed cardboard box containing a plastic bag containing a custom vehicle operations motorcycle cover bag containing a motorcycle cover.

DRV173 Sealed manila envelope containing a black Pixel 3a XL cellphone MEiD 35964309505164 with a black Otterbox case

DRV174 Sealed manila envelope containing a black Samsung Galaxy A42 56 Serial Number: RSCRSONHEA with a brown case

DRV175 Sealed paper bag containing a sealed paper bag sealed by Steve Mullin containing one Aquafina water bottle

DRV176
Sealed manila envelope containing a silver, LG, Cingular wireless flip phone

MC15 Sealed envelope containing a cutting of a carpeted area underneath the spare tire of the Ford Focus.

MC16 Sealed envelope containing two plastic wrappers containing one swab from a driver lap belt and one swab of the driver shoulder belt of the Ford Focus.

MC17 Sealed envelope containing two plastic wrappers containing two swabs from the passenger side carpeted floor boards.
Oh my, what lovely reading.

Probably mentioned upthread but I just finished reading all the docs. In the State's Objection to Defendant's Motion to Suppress filed June 13, 2023, on page 2, para 13 and 14 they state:

"That Investigators believed a firearm was involved in the abduction and murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German because an unspent .40 caliber round was found between the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German."

and "That Investigators believed a knife was used in the murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German." BBM

Not much else of substance that we already haven't heard about other than the admissions to his wife and mother via phone, and a letter written by another inmate (child molester) stating how terrible prison conditions are and that guards and inmates were threatening to kill RA.

Defendant has filed a motion for his health records.

All the witnesses names are contained in the Affidavit for the Search Warrant.

Agreed. That seems like a solid explanation.

I downloaded the file during my lunch break at work and skimmed over some of the documents. I was hoping to do a deep dive when I got home, but I keep getting an error message saying there are too many people downloading the files. I knew I should have forwarded it to my personal email before I left. :|
Did you try the link posted here:
This link for google drive was much easier for me to access. Ill self report to make sure it's ok for me to post this link

If the car was parked at the CPS building, that is a long way to take them without anyone noticing. I have a hard time thinking there was an intent to leave with the victims if the perp was rocking a 2016 Focus Hatchback. Granted they were small young girls...but a small Ford focus hatchback is not exactly the ideal choice for trying to kidnap someone I would think...it's small, lots of windows, no private trunk area.

JMO
If he wasn't acting alone, another vehicle could have been on standby.

Jmo

Yeah, I kind of ended up posting in a stream of consciousness style and hit post before I thought about a warrant for a buccal swab. Methinks it was in a weird place and someone clocked it and decided to collect it, or kinda had to collect anything that was lying about in a particular area, based on what else was there for possible microscopic blood transfer or something.
I thought that item was odd. Is there a reason they double bagged the water bottle, but didn't do that to the other items? It also doesn't say if the bottle was empty, or had water in it...or something else in it that peaked their interest? This and the motorcycle cover were interesting to me. Did he have a motorcycle? If not, maybe they thought it could have been used as a vehicle seat protector in a pinch?

JMO

RA’s house went up for sale on Zillow yesterday for $254,900. Most of the furniture including a master queen bed, sofas, recliners and lots of other items are included in the sale. I don’t know how long it may take to sell but I hope it doesn’t end up being an airbnb for fans of true crime.
Would you actually even *want* the furniture (if he is convicted)?? I personally would not. I'd always worry about possible transfer evidence / dna from the scene. :(

From my count (and it could very well be wrong--math's not my strong suit :p), 12 knives were collected. If I was ever accused of a crime and the results of the search warrant were released, I would be crucified in the court of public opinion. By a quick count around my apartment, I have 9 knives (that I could immediately locate; I know I have more). I'm not the violent type. I just 1) enjoy camping and have long collected knives over the years and 2) proud of family heritage. My grandpa once told me that I shared his dad's love of collecting knives (sadly, mostly Old Timer Knives, which the defendant apparently had).

I also have several thumb drives/SD cards for digital backup. I've carefully cultivated a digital music library since I was in college and I am constantly making backups as well as others for backing up things such as resume, cover letters, and former course work.

Like I said, I'd probably be publicly crucified if any crime happened around me.

From my count (and it could very well be wrong--math's not my strong suit :p), 12 knives were collected. If I was ever accused of a crime and the results of the search warrant were released, I would be crucified in the court of public opinion. By a quick count around my apartment, I have 9 knives (that I could immediately locate; I know I have more). I'm not the violent type. I just 1) enjoy camping and have long collected knives over the years and 2) proud of family heritage. My grandpa once told me that I shared his dad's love of collecting knives (sadly, mostly Old Timer Knives, which the defendant apparently had).

I also have several thumb drives/SD cards for digital backup. I've carefully cultivated a digital music library since I was in college and I am constantly making backups as well as others for backing up things such as resume, cover letters, and former course work.

Like I said, I'd probably be publicly crucified if any crime happened around me.
My husband and I were just talking about this. We are a bunch of nerds and have digital native kids, and the amount of electronics a search of our house would render is … I mean it would read alarming probably to some people. He used to collect knives. I don’t think anything in the search warrant is a red flag on its face. The thing (shell casing? Cartridge?) in the box is weird to me.

ETA - not search warrant but the evidence list.

Random thoughts…

Could his wife be working with the prosecution now and that’s why he’s still “her person”?
What time was the Snapchat pic sent? I think it was 2:07 or 2:17
Mere seconds…just seconds and this whole thing could’ve ended differently. I always thought it was just a few minutes but it was literally seconds.
Is this the first confirmation the bodies were posed?
I wonder if the wounds point to a specific knife/style of knife? Something made them keep that secret and it’s not like saying they were killed with a knife would instantly identify BG.
His nose in profile is SO straight, almost too straight. Idk why that stood out to me

JMO

It's just under 3/8 of a mile from the CS to the bridge, 1/2 mile roughly from the main trail section by the bridge to where his car was parked.

I hope this docu dump finally puts to rest any notion of what fantastical craziness people came up with after the murders. This was a crime that, for one perp, would have taken a lot of effort considering distances, planning, execution, etc., then there's how did he get away. I'd bet RA was exhausted after what he did.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member