IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're getting little bits and pieces of info through all of these docs. I remember we had that discussion about how many juveniles the walking witness saw. She said she saw 4 but some thought she might have just thought she saw 4. Finally we know there were 4 but we don't know why they only interviewed 3.

The redacted ISP case number has now been revealed. that at least gives us insight as to how their case numbering system works.

What else have we learned that puzzled us?

One more: we know RA was still in White Co. when he wrote the letter requesting a public defender.
COD :(
The fact that RA confessed to his wife and mother during several phone conversations in early April, not to jailhouse snitches.

I looked at the Carroll County property records site looking for this information.
If you search by RA’s name, there is no result.
If you search by his wife’s name, there is no result.
If you search by the property map, their property says “no information“.
Everyone else’s info comes up fine.
<nothing political about this>
I remember how it went dark publicly not long after his arrest, but not before we'd all seen that they bought it and paid the mortgage off at some point IIRC.

MOO

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
I just keep going back to this early information.

On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered. That evidence now has top priority for processing by investigators. It’s a strong lead, in a case where authorities have been clamoring for any clue about the murderer.

So early on LE told us they have DNA from the crime scene. I know everyone for some reason seems to think this is from animal fur or some other IMO unlikely source when in reality now we know that underwear was missing from the scene. Which seems to indicate some type of sexual motive.

Investigators also determined that "articles of clothing from the girls were missing from the scene, including a pair of underwear and a sock," WTTV reported.

I have never understood why it seems like people have assumed that the DNA LE told us they had at the beginning was from an animal hair. I think it may be due to the odd statements about the DNA being from an "unexpected source" but that comes from the mouth of investigators who have made statements designed to obfuscate and mislead the public and the perpetrator so no one would know what they actually had.

If they have DNA from RA at the crime scene, it would explain his rapid mental deterioration once he saw the evidence against him.

There has been nothing linking anybody else to this crime
Do you mean "up until now" in broadcast or publication? Do you mean on this blog or in Delphi community? Do you mean to your personal satisfaction? Evidence linking, or otherwise, will go on the record in a court of law accordingly. A jury will decide. We'll see.

So early on LE told us they have DNA from the crime scene. I know everyone for some reason seems to think this is from animal fur or some other IMO unlikely source when in reality now we know that underwear was missing from the scene. Which seems to indicate some type of sexual motive.

I have never understood why it seems like people have assumed that the DNA LE told us they had at the beginning was from an animal hair. I think it may be due to the odd statements about the DNA being from an "unexpected source" but that comes from the mouth of investigators who have made statements designed to obfuscate and mislead the public and the perpetrator so no one would know what they actually had.

If they have DNA from RA at the crime scene, it would explain his rapid mental deterioration once he saw the evidence against him.
Eating the paper work?

Since RA is part owner of the home. Wouldn't his share of the proceeds go toward his defense bill?

I hope if he is found guilty Abby and Liberty’s loved ones may file a wrongful death lawsuit against him for any assets he has. They should be able to seek his share of the marital home from him so that he cannot use it to keep his prison commissary account topped up. If he has anything in his 401K for his retirement I hope the girl’s families can try and seek that as well.

From the document dump, on the 188th one, I thought maybe I should have been paying attention to the "Filed" date in addition to the signature and date.

Usually the signature and date secure the terms of the document. However, things seem to be a little different here. There are 2 of each of the murder counts; all 4 are signed and dated but only 1 of each has a file date. The 2 without file dates are the ones that are missing the witness lists.

So now I'm looking for PCA's, search and arrest warrants with file dates. I would also like to see the file date and signature date on the affidavit of Warden Galipeau.

I'm also curious about exhibit numbers. I've now seen three documents stamped with Exhibit number 1. That would be Galipeau's, Media Intervenors' and one I can't find atm. Do they put temporary numbers on exhibits until they decide for sure which ones they will use in the trial?

The parents of the brave girls who came forward as witnesses must have lived in constant fear up until RA was apprehended. I have wanted to visit the bridge and walk the trails, but never would do so because I feared he was still out there. My son called me once from the bridge. We heard gunshots as we talked. Apparently, that is common in that area.
I am so grateful that they came forward and shared their phone texts & pictures. Will they be called into the trial and need to speak?

The parents of the brave girls who came forward as witnesses must have lived in constant fear up until RA was apprehended. I have wanted to visit the bridge and walk the trails, but never would do so because I feared he was still out there. My son called me once from the bridge. We heard gunshots as we talked. Apparently, that is common in that area.
I am so grateful that they came forward and shared their phone texts & pictures. Will they be called into the trial and need to speak?
Iirc, RL advised that he used to allow hunters on his property to hunt. Or somewhere near his property. Don't recall his exact words. Moo

That and the fact that the Ron Logan search warrant stated they were searching for animal hair.

EBM to add that there were unknown fibers and or hairs collected at the crime scene. I think this is stated as number 8.

Beyond this, in the judges response and approval of the search warrants agents are instructed to collect any apparent animal hair.

Last edited:
For him on known to himself recorded line admit 6 times suggests that he is broken and is no longer going to deny it. Seems he is giving up and might plead guilty in a plea deal to admit the details of what he did. Basically he's done and toasted mentally and him being in solitaire confinement has forced him to truly realize what he has done and he is shocked himself also with self hate as he is confused as to how he became such a psychotic killer bad guy with no regard for life.

Last edited:
I could not understand why if LE has DNA evidence they would not put that in the PCA? If the killer was muddy and bloody, I would have thought something related to DNA evidence would have been mentioned in the PCA.

Total guess on my end:

It wasn't mentioned because there was no match for the collected DNA.

RA had no previous felony record.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members