IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite witnesses: the jailhouse snitch.
He isn’t a witness to the murders is he? At most to his perhaps poor treatment in jail by staff and other inmates.
It’s claimed that she has Power of Attorney to act on his behalf for all properties and assets.
Makes sense. Can’t imagine being her.

Per a post upthread about CVS closing early on that Monday.

The Delphi CVS closes between 1:30 and 2pm every day for lunch. Note that next Tuesday is a national holiday, hence them showing they are closing at 2pm this July 4th (I'd have to check hours when there isn't a holiday in a few days to prove that). The day the girls were murdered was 2/13/17 which was a Monday. It was Valentines Day eve, which is not a holiday that a store would close early for IMO.

So I'm thinking they did as their hours state... Open from 8am - 1:30, closed (for lunch) until 2pm, then open until 9pm.

1688099560871.png

Source (This is specifically for the Delphi CVS in the event other areas have different hours. I cannot control the way the link comes across, but in order to see that it's indeed Delphi I had searched for, click on your Escape key after you go to the link. Then you'll see that it's Delphi): cvs delphi indiana - Google Search

For those having issues reading docs:
Here is the property receipt of items collected from 1967 Whiteman Dr. Delphi, Indiana and from the car acquired at that property.

----------------------------

DRV147 Sealed paper bag containing one plastic bag containing multiple headbands.
SBMFF

What an odd thing to take from him as evidence. When I saw the word headbands, I wondered if they meant hairbands instead. It's been reported that the killer of Sarah Everard, Wayne Couzens, bought hairbands before killing her. They can apparently be used to maintain an erection. :(

But headbands? Hairbands makes more sense to me in a heinous crime like this.

Source for my hairband example:

Wayne Couzens bought hairbands that he may have used "in order to maintain an erection" heard the Old Bailey as horrific details of the case that shocked the country were laid bare.

The shocking declaration was made during the Judge's sentencing remarks where the "unspeakably grim" nature of the ex-Met Police officer's actions against Sarah Everard were read out.

Here's one such post talking about that in Sarah's thread here on WS:

Last edited:
I just wanted to post
OK…which one of y’all bought RA’s house and plan to tear it apart looking for evidence?
It’s OK, you can tell us. We’re just mad you outbid us!

I’m shocked the house appears to have been sold so quickly. If he is guilty I think it would be preferable for their neighbours and the community in Delphi for the house to be demolished, so that there is no permanent reminder that he ever lived in that house on that street. I know some of you may believe that this is extreme, unnecessary and possibly a waste of a home. I just hope true crime fans are not driving past it to see it for themselves and it hasn’t become some kind of sick tourist attraction. If a new house was built on the lot it would help the community heal and move forward from the horrific crime that he has allegedly committed. If he is found guilty the focus needs to be solely on remembering Abby and Liberty after the trial, not him and what he may have allegedly done on that tragic day.

I wonder if he has pica.
He probably hated reading what was documented.
I think he probably thought eating those words might make him appear crazy. I've said from the beginning, RA's a dark, disturbed and cunning man. I think all of the hard drives and disposable phones they recovered in the SW will show that. I truly believe there will be a link to CSAM there.

He was living a double life right under his wife's nose and the whole town of Delphi for 6 years.

MOO

The ones for the prosecution are the worst, IMO. Lyin' liars who will throw anyone under the bus to benefit themselves.
Usually, but I have seen instances where inmates have testified with no benefit to themselves at all. Inmates hate child abusers and killers, they are the lowest rung on the ladder of hierarchy in prison.

MOO

Could he have been on it while not knowing it was RL's property or dropped bullet on a prior visit to a nearby area and weather took it to where bodies of girls were located?

I'm just waffling really.
i think his internet searches might go towards explaining his actions.

what beliefs does he hold that facilitated this brutal double murder?
what did he gain?
i remember googling cults and satanic rituals and dates and everything that could go towards explaining a staged death scene.
I came up empty.
Completely empty and I spent days on it.

There might be things I missed cos went blind from searching ritualistic dates and meanings... amount of awol stuff out there is hardcore.

i also searched the less well known anti gov cult sites but found nothing.

It's hard to understand this incident without context in an apparently otherwise normal happy fulfilled life , isn't it?

There simply MUST be a context.
I am not following the case as tightly as I used to, but I wonder if he could even have enough time for posing. In broad daylight.

So there still might be someone else who helped RA because he is into own dark fantasy.

Or, the scene was made to look like something it was not, to cover something else or distract? And maybe, it was less posing and more staging?

Per a post upthread about CVS closing early on that Monday.

The Delphi CVS closes between 1:30 and 2pm every day for lunch. Note that next Tuesday is a national holiday, hence them showing they are closing at 2pm this July 4th (I'd have to check hours when there isn't a holiday in a few days to prove that). The day the girls were murdered was 2/13/17 which was a Monday. It was Valentines Day eve, which is not a holiday that a store would close early for IMO.

So I'm thinking they did as their hours state... Open from 8am - 1:30, closed (for lunch) until 2pm, then open until 9pm.

View attachment 432001

Source (This is specifically for the Delphi CVS in the event other areas have different hours. I cannot control the way the link comes across, but in order to see that it's indeed Delphi I had searched for, click on your Escape key after you go to the link. Then you'll see that it's Delphi): cvs delphi indiana - Google Search
I wonder if he had the day off? If so, did he ask in advance for that particular day?

This article has an easy-to-copy list of articles taken. Here is some info that I've never seen before: (Note: I wonder if that first time is correct)

"The first search, which began at 7:09 p.m.,...
Later into the night of Oct. 13, around 9:45 p.m., police returned to the 1900 block of Whiteman Drive for a second search.
The search warrants continued the following day on Oct. 14, 2022, when ISP troopers searched a Ford Focus at ISP District 14’s post in West Lafayette."

How do you know they received no benefits?
In the cases I'm aware of, the Prosecution has stated they offered no benefits to the witness for their testimony and the witness has testified under oath they have not received any compensation, reduced sentence, transfer, etc.

There is no doubt the Defense would know if a deal had been made by the Prosecution, it would have to be disclosed in discovery, and they would drive that home on cross examination in order to mitigate the testimony. It's usually the first question or two the Defense asks when examining a jailhouse witness.

MOO

I just wanted to post

I’m shocked the house appears to have been sold so quickly. If he is guilty I think it would be preferable for their neighbours and the community in Delphi for the house to be demolished, so that there is no permanent reminder that he ever lived in that house on that street. I know some of you may believe that this is extreme, unnecessary and possibly a waste of a home. I just hope true crime fans are not driving past it to see it for themselves and it hasn’t become some kind of sick tourist attraction. If a new house was built on the lot it would help the community heal and move forward from the horrific crime that he has allegedly committed. If he is found guilty the focus needs to be solely on remembering Abby and Liberty after the trial, not him and what he may have allegedly done on that tragic day.
ITA with you.

I wouldn't doubt for a minute some 'enterprise' snatched that house up in hopes of using it in future television or movie deals. Just gross capitalization on something so horrendous, even if the crime did not occur there. I hope I'm wrong.

JMO

In the cases I'm aware of, the Prosecution has stated they offered no benefits to the witness for their testimony and the witness has testified under oath they have not received any compensation, reduced sentence, transfer, etc.

There is no doubt the Defense would know if a deal had been made by the Prosecution, it would have to be disclosed in discovery, and they would drive that home on cross examination in order to mitigate the testimony. It's usually the first question or two the Defense asks when examining a jailhouse witness.

MOO
Thanks. It's good to know that there is at least some honor among criminals when it comes to children.

This article has an easy-to-copy list of articles taken. Here is some info that I've never seen before: (Note: I wonder if that first time is correct)

"The first search, which began at 7:09 p.m.,...
Later into the night of Oct. 13, around 9:45 p.m., police returned to the 1900 block of Whiteman Drive for a second search.
The search warrants continued the following day on Oct. 14, 2022, when ISP troopers searched a Ford Focus at ISP District 14’s post in West Lafayette."

I don't think that first listed time is incorrect. I recall reporter Barbara MacDonald on HLN stating that she exclusively talked to RA's neighbors who observed the search of his house and their description of the event was that a flurry of LE activity began at the house around noon, with RA and his wife being kept outside of the home for many hours while LE waited around. Then "close to nightfall," which IMO could correspond to 7:09 pm as the documents say, Tony Liggett arrived with a paper that he showed to RA and the search of his house and yard began. A tow truck subsequently arrived and took away the Ford Focus that RA owned and routinely drove. You can see some of McDonald's reporting on this in this CNN article (she gave more details in her live interview on HLN with anchor Susan Hendricks): https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/31/us/delphi-teen-killings-indiana-state-police-update/index.html

Re: the plastic water bottle that was double bagged and taken during the search, I wonder if that was a "spitter." Did RA use chewing tobacco/dip? Perhaps they had evidence from the crime scene/bridge/or witness statement that the person involved was using chewing tobacco/spitting and they want to show RA also has a history of this.

Re: the plastic water bottle that was double bagged and taken during the search, I wonder if that was a "spitter." Did RA use chewing tobacco/dip? Perhaps they had evidence from the crime scene/bridge/or witness statement that the person involved was using chewing tobacco/spitting and they want to show RA also has a history of this.
Great speculation! I've always thought BG was a spitter, ever since they released that clip of him walking. That's why I looked hard at GK again, who was spitting during his jailhouse interviews. I even considered GK spit to his right but BG spit to his left. BUT GK was on the phone and BG was spitting with the wind.

I don't think that first listed time is incorrect. I recall reporter Barbara MacDonald on HLN stating that she exclusively talked to RA's neighbors who observed the search of his house and their description of the event was that a flurry of LE activity began at the house around noon, with RA and his wife being kept outside of the home for many hours while LE waited around. Then "close to nightfall," which IMO could correspond to 7:09 pm as the documents say, Tony Liggett arrived with a paper that he showed to RA and the search of his house and yard began. A tow truck subsequently arrived and took away the Ford Focus that RA owned and routinely drove. You can see some of McDonald's reporting on this in this CNN article (she gave more details in her live interview on HLN with anchor Susan Hendricks): https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/31/us/delphi-teen-killings-indiana-state-police-update/index.html
Murder Sheet put the search being between 5 and 7:09 pm. I think the return receipts are a bit out of order. Maybe that's the problem?

Could anyone explain it better to me how LE can seize items during a search? Doesn't the warrant only cover certain items, like clothing, electronics, weapons, etc.? How broad can they make the warrant? So like the fabric straps, motorcycle cover, headbands, and plastic water bottle... where do they fit within the confines of the warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee